View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Expecting them to re-do every single cinematic at great cost to them for a simple $30 re-release is bizarre.
    lol if you think this is the main reason people are upset at Reforged.

Like I said, keep defending Blizzard and giving them their money.

The game IS a complete mess. Its buggy, the campaign is clunky, awkward, and feels disjointed at several places between weird cutscene angles, lack of music in some scenes, ect. Not to mention the online being a total broken shitfest.

There will always be folks like Taliesin out there who defend everything they do, and you're in their ranks. Embrace the fanboyism. At least then you wouldn't have to lie.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Yeah, it certainly wasn't the whining, since the vast majority of people were hyped for the changes to maps and additions to the storyline. Obviously not the purists, because don't you dare give one additional mission to Jaina, or the whole feel of WC3 is forever ruined!
    Could have given Jaina an entire campaign for all I'd care. I was looking forward to extra lore and having it all be consistent with what's now considered the correct canon; regardless of how bad or good anyone feels about the quality of that canon, the fact that it's canon now is what I considered important; so an effort to make the WC3 campaign consistent with that was the single highest selling point to me. It's a damn shame they didn't follow suit.

I am enjoying the updated maps at least though. Not having the Sunwell represented by a fountain doodad was nice, and Sylvanas in banshee form being an actual hero unit was a nice touch too. I also really liked how when Arthas killed Mal'ganish and Sylvanas (The former in particular) he had a proper stabbing animation rather than just a regular melee swing.

I would 100% have welcomed a mini campaign of Jaina founding theramore, or more of the Forsaken being established even if that meant an entire mission dedicated to finding and freeing ghoul nathanos; don't care, the more maps, missions, and CONSISTENT story added the happier I'd have been.

Hopefully community will make these stories but no voice acting or cinematic support is a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

It always amazes me how unhappy people can get from a rocky launch for a game.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    LoL any reason why I cannot play anything???

when I enter Campaign, it loads but it goes back to home screen and it says defeat
    This happened to me off and on. In each case completely restarting the game would either resolve the issue outright, or reduce it enough that I'd only have to mash continue once or twice before it worked.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    This happened to me off and on. In each case completely restarting the game would either resolve the issue outright, or reduce it enough that I'd only have to mash continue once or twice before it worked.
    yeah, its fine now.

weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    The Paladins were originated mostly from Priests. The High Elves also had priests and they also have the Light as their faith way before the First War. What's to stop them from getting Paladins? Mehlar obviously was training to be a Paladin and nowhere states that he was going to be the first High Elf so he's probably High Elf Paladin #43242334342342

Also, in the statues beneath the Light's Hope Chapel, there's a Dwarf Paladin named Krohm Dawnhammer who selflessly died in the Third War helping citizens escape. (It's implied he's the generic Mountain King in [B]King Arthas[/B)]

Well being a priest and being a paladin are very different things. Paladins use the Light in a more physical way. It appears Mehlar was a "knight of the Silver Hand" before the Third War, and that some Blood Knights were former Silver Hand knights as well. I'm not sure if "knight" and "paladin" are synonyms in this regard, but it seems likely. So there could indeed be High Elf paladins.

The problem with Wowpedia, and any wiki like it, and with retconned information happening all the time, things like when Dwarves became paladins is a little broken up. Apparently, the Dwarves were taught how to be paladins in between the Second and Third Wars. Yet, the WoW section implies that they were inducted as Knights of the Silver Hand after the Third War.
    Last edited by Coldfrostzero; 2020-01-30 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It amazes me when people like you show up after the car wreck and think you know how it happened.

Try looking at the WC3 forums for the past year, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Hey now, that will only ever be the case if they astroturf pixels for thousands of dollars.
    CIG is wasting hundreds of millions of dollars for a quarter of a game, but at least they made an effort. Blizzard, however, did not, just buying some cheap anime models from Malaysia, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'm glad they focused more on adding female equivalents of heroes, such as Demon Hunter and Death Knight, instead of trying to fix that stupid game(FPS drops, crashes, false advertisement).
    Yes, because surely the same employees work on both of those functions

So I somehow lost the first mission of the prelude. My units were full health, not moving anywhere, I was playing around in the options and lost? I'm pretty sure I could just have Thrall solo it on normal...

I also insta lost the next mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    It amazes me when people like you show up after the car wreck and think you know how it happened.

Try looking at the WC3 forums for the past year, kid.
    I literally don't care. I already know how big of a fuck up or watered down the product is, people take this way too seriously and get upset over a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    No, but both things cost money and allocation of resources is a valid concern. I haven't seen the new models yet but look forward to it!

I might wait a bit till they patch some of these bugs though.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    One issue I keep noticing alot is sounds. For some reason my units don't say anything the majority of the time when they are selected or issued a command. For example Arthas and peasents are completely mute in Blackrock and Roll. Acolytes in the second undead mission as well as custom games only say anything when given commands perhaps 1/5 of the time, and rarely ever when selected. This is quite maddening.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yes, because every model is well done and doesn't look rushed or stupid.

Maybe you don't know this, but Blizzard is a company that doesn't have infinite resources, they can pay more for the model-makers or other people. Anyway, there's also other tip: you can employ more people on the positions that are required and fire people from one team that doesn't need to be so overcrowded. I know, crazy, yeah?
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-01-30 at 06:09 PM.

Reddit is such a cesspool, holy shit. How can people be so salty over a videogame. Can't wait for that circlejerk to die in a few weeks.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    That particular one with the poorly updated animations and different camera angles isn't, the original with updated graphics however is. TIL companies aren't allowed to keep alpha/beta promotional images/videos on their official websites.
    Thats an oftly defensive response.. You dont think that "teaser" video is in any way misleading to the quality of product theyre advertising? Is it a "teaser" because it's teasing you of a product youre not receiving?
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-01-30 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You paid 30 dollars for that.
    Well on the plus side I only converted some relatively useless gold for that. If I’d actually paid $30 I might be a bit more disappointed.

I kinda feel sorry for all you Real-Time Strategy fans... Because the long-lasting effects of this (Particularly with the Metacritic score of 1.5) means that the RTS Genre is effectively been rendered extinct from this point on.

This remake was people's hope/flagship that the RTS genre could be revitalized, but this buggered launch will pretty much end that hope now and will make new developers (well, the people who control the money) will not want to back any RTS games for a long long time. =/

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I kinda feel sorry for all you Real-Time Strategy fans... Because the long-lasting effects of this (Particularly with the Metacritic score of 1.5) means that the RTS Genre is effectively been rendered extinct from this point on.

This remake was people's hopes that the RTS genre could be revitalized, but this buggered launch will pretty much end that hope now and will make new developers (well, the people who control the money) will not want to back any RTS games for a long long time. =/
    Which is heartbreaking, bc Ive heard Blizz is gauging Reforged's success on whether theyll do WC4, which I would love to play. Maybe they genuinely dont want to make 4 and are making Reforged as shitty as possible..

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It's almost as if customers got angry when they got something different than what they were shown. Shocker, right?