Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    You have an entire week and multiple attempts to do those things. With vision one dc, server lag, our outage and it's over. You should never design something like that in a game a complex as wow. It's just asking for trouble
    And yet very few complain about Mythic+ and the risk of losing your key to a dc, server lag, our outage.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet very few complain about Mythic+ and the risk of losing your key to a dc, server lag, our outage.
    I complain about that to the timer should pause. If you don't want people to leave make friends or invite guildies only because peer pressure works. Not to mention the key can be farmed back up pretty easily.

The mythic system has a lot of problems if someone new to the game gets a kings rest or shrine of the storm rip. Some dungeons are much harder than other and I'm fine with newb protection on keys for returning players. It make no sense that you can get shrine twice because as a dps that a death sentence. Also just join a guild doesn't work because they have inner circle. If they're a good guild they also don't have the time to always help newbs because they're gearing the current roster.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-01-30 at 08:30 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

You have an entire week and multiple attempts to do those things. With vision one dc, server lag, our outage and it's over. You should never design something like that in a game a complex as wow. It's just asking for trouble
    Well, it's a "you" problem (especially the outage) more than the game problem. You only need to run one vision to get the weekly upgrade this week, and you have multiple shots a week without doing any particular grinding. The game is not responsible for your peripheral issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    I complain about that to the timer should pause. If you don't want people to leave make friends or invite guildies only because peer pressure works. Not to mention the key can be farmed back up.
    You can farm more then one Vessel for the week. If you want an easier to time run with guildies and friends so even if you disconnect or lag they can carry it. The same excuses you give for Mythic+ work for Visions. Yet one you hand wave the problems away while the other you don't.

If you keep lagging, disconnecting, or anything else 3 to 4 times a week then it isn't something that Blizzard can fix.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You can farm more then one Vessel for the week. If you want an easier to time run with guildies and friends so even if you disconnect or lag they can carry it. The same excuses you give for Mythic+ work for Visions. Yet one you hand wave the problems away while the other you don't.

If you keep lagging, disconnecting, or anything else 3 to 4 times a week then it isn't something that Blizzard can fix.
    Than you can also get fucked over on that vessel again... You can only get a certain amount of vessel per week but mythic+ is uncapped. It is you can just refund the vessel to the player on disconnect or getting stuck in terrain.

People can't join your vision if they've already done there vision right? The system has flaws that I won't defend because it bad design.

You have an entire week and multiple chances to do the major vision as well. Yes the chances are limited but it's a not a one-and-done prospect.

We get that you dislike the system, but your arguments against it aren't very good.

Doubly so since it's a system meant to last for what could be a year.

If you've failed to get a rank 5 cloak at this point that's pretty much on you, not on Blizzard regardless of how they've designed Visions.

You have all the tools needed to complete them and can have 7 vessels (5 in bag, 25,000 visions in currency) to wait it out for a week or so while you get gear too if needed. Not that you'll need much, in both Stormwind and Orgrimmar the bodyguards in front of Thrall and Alleria are stronger than either of the bosses until you've cleared at least two medium corruption zones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Than you can also get fucked over on that vessel again... You can only get a certain amount of vessel per week but mythic+ is uncapped.
    If your connection is that bad that you keep getting screwed over then it isn't a problem Blizzard can fix or design around. Because you would always be at risk of being screwed over. There are a few ways they can improve it but the daily changed to 3k and 1.5k went a long way. About the only change that really needs to happen now is add in more corrupted mementos from other sources. Also the Lesser Visions have no reason to be "once a day". It is somewhat difficult to fail them but it is silly you can enter once day even more so when you can miss the rares that spawn.

Because if you can't clear Visions you can't upgrade. Which means you can't get an easier time clearing. LFR at least should reward them (since you won't be doing the lieutenants that are present in other modes)

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    You have an entire week and multiple chances to do the major vision as well. Yes the chances are limited but it's a not a one-and-done prospect.

We get that you dislike the system, but your arguments against it aren't very good.

Doubly so since it's a system meant to last for what could be a year.

If you've failed to get a rank 5 cloak at this point that's pretty much on you, not on Blizzard regardless of how they've designed Visions.

You have all the tools needed to complete them and can have 7 vessels (5 in bag, 25,000 visions in currency) to wait it out for a week or so while you get gear too if needed. Not that you'll need much, in both Stormwind and Orgrimmar the bodyguards in front of Thrall and Alleria are stronger than either of the bosses until you've cleared at least two medium corruption zones.
    It is they're the one who designed the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    this is one of the worst shit I've seen in this game, literally removing a bad system to add one even worst, stupid devs will never learn.
    yup its pretty awful. they finally remove titanforging only to replace it with something even worse. classic ion game management

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    These people literally have no clue and want to argue. My ally mage is getting 400 ilvl corrupted blues from world quests and i choose to either deal with shit corruption effects for having 90 corruption or struggle through the storyline with no gear til i can remove corruption. Btw, my alt got 12% crit effect with socket my main gets shit for no reason other than rng, game is trash. 100% worse than TF Blizzard keep fucking up and fucking pu and doing the opposite of what they say they want to do and people defend them for everything. Its just another mousewheel to keep plebs grinding away for bis effect + socket just like nazjatar.
    Herilooms is illvl 284 more them enough gor story and najatar and the 8.3 invasions did them all on my new alt 3 days ago. I even had legion rings and trinkets cause I used freehold boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    What exactly is the matter though? Is it that you didnt get the exact upgrade you wanted? Did someone else got something you wanted? Are you "underperforming" because someone else got "lucky" and you didnt? Did you get the wrong item? Too much corruption? Too little? None at all?

Im not being facetious here, honest question, you said the system is worst than war/titan forging; just want to know what is it thats worse exactly.

Just wondering cause I think corruption is a fun variation on the -forging system. At least for 1 patch cicle I think its ok. So far Ive gotten 3 corrupted peaces I can actually wear and dodging the bad side effect has added some fun to the daily grind. I have yet to stablish if its improving my dps raid wise though.
    For me it's that rank 3 infinite stars is the equivalent to a 165 item level titanforge. 165. /r/WoW did the math. Bananas. Makes me question if much balancing work was done.

Definitely agreed that the variation is welcome. People get way too fixated on the idea that they MUST have absolute BiS gear in ever slot. Ya don't. Once you get the mechanics down and have appropriate gear you'll likely be able to down mythic Nya with no corrupted gear at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Well, that sounds like a tuning issue. If one of the corruptions is way ahead of the others and the "problem" is people not getting enough of it, they can tweak that on any given patch.

The "I must own every potential BiS item for each of my 3 (or more) main specs on each of my (at least) 5 main toons" attitude that some players have; that wont get fixed... ever... so theres no point in trying to design around it.
    The mother of tuning issues! And I agree, cookie cutter sheepies are gunna cookie cutter sheepie.

Than you can also get fucked over on that vessel again... You can only get a certain amount of vessel per week but mythic+ is uncapped. It is you can just refund the vessel to the player on disconnect or getting stuck in terrain.
    You should so very much fix your own System before you bitch about WoW, if you have this much Problems with the Game and Connection.

I have had ZERO problems with Visions so far. No Bugs, No Lags, No weirdness.

It is they're the one who designed the game...
    Maybe the game is not Designed for Scrubs who cant handle a PC?

Try HelloKitty Online, maybe that game is not as Complex as WoW, and might be fit for you.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    You should so very much fix your own System before you bitch about WoW, if you have this much Problems with the Game and Connection.

I have had ZERO problems with Visions so far. No Bugs, No Lags, No weirdness.

Maybe the game is not Designed for Scrubs who cant handle a PC?

Try HelloKitty Online, maybe that game is not as Complex as WoW, and might be fit for you.
    Visions and wow in general are scrub content go get rank 1 in sieged or lol...

- - - Updated - - -

If your connection is that bad that you keep getting screwed over then it isn't a problem Blizzard can fix or design around. Because you would always be at risk of being screwed over. There are a few ways they can improve it but the daily changed to 3k and 1.5k went a long way. About the only change that really needs to happen now is add in more corrupted mementos from other sources. Also the Lesser Visions have no reason to be "once a day". It is somewhat difficult to fail them but it is silly you can enter once day even more so when you can miss the rares that spawn.

Because if you can't clear Visions you can't upgrade. Which means you can't get an easier time clearing. LFR at least should reward them (since you won't be doing the lieutenants that are present in other modes)
    It's their game... They don't have to anything. It's just in their and players own interest for changes to the system. Valve doesn't have to offer advertising for their top games but it's in their best interest.

If you disconnected or get stuck refunded the vision.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-01-30 at 10:51 PM.

The gear makes you move slower, the thing I hate the most. So...fuck it, I'm not wearing it ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    Also #5 on corrupted is 100% wrong. While it was still on the PTR they removed random corruption amounts, there is no RNG there. There is a fixed amount, that varies between item slots (legs have more than wrists for example), but there is not random levels of corruption on the same slot.
    That's not true. The rank of Echoing Void on bracers can vary (for example).

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Beyond this, like I said before, it won't be "players" handling the higher tiers of corruption. It will be on their entire group to handle the mechanics, which means the group you're in will affect your personal performance and theoretical max performance you're capable of attaining. Directly against my desires to be a shining star regardless of who I'm playing with. How people can take this game seriously is beyond me. And you __HAVE__ to take the game seriously if you actually want to beat it (mythic).
    Show me logs of mythic raiders using 2+ pieces with more than 50 corruption each. If they exist. Forcing players to stack corruption and wondering why you can't kill anything sounds like something the idiots in my old guild would do - they benched a destruction lock for "playing the wrong spec" in legion, despite that the player had almost full orange/pink logs, and had (some) higher parses (in terms of damage, not rank) than the best lock in the best cutting edge guild on the server.

Edit - to be clear here, that guild didn't get a single mythic kill that tier, and benched/kicked one of the very top dps on the server under the premise that he wasn't committed to maxing out the character.
    Last edited by crazyman2; 2020-01-31 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2 View Post
    Show me logs of mythic raiders using 2+ pieces with more than 50 corruption each.
    "Meet this incredibly high arbitrary bar that I personally think is where corruption make/break points are with no data to back it up versus the realistic differences that will ultimately come to be"

How about lets stick to actual data points:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

DPS: 79,043.9
    Corruption: 95
    Resistance: 27
    100th percentile
    Eye of corruption damage taken: 2 million

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

DPS: 59,901.8
    Corruption: 60
    Resistance: 27
    67th percentile
    Eye of corruption damage taken: 95k

Hmm. I wonder what the main difference is.

This is the #1 fury warr vs the #101 furry war for mythic kills. I think they're both plenty skilled.

My point stands: Whoever is enabled to run the highest corruption will have OODLES of performance more than anyone who can't and how much corruption you can run and handle isn't JUST based on how good you are as a player.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-01-31 at 07:38 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been using the few Corrupted Mementos I receive from the assaults to remove whatever effects I receive from corrupted gear. I personally, don't find the visions to be all that fun. I consider them to be more like the Island Expeditions, which is something I found to be boring as hell. It seems Blizzard did as well with having to put all sorts of items, pets, mounts, etc. to entice people to want to continue to do them. I do not raid, so I see no point in taking a hit to get a cool buff that does not last very long, nor takes place all that often. More power to the people who raid and/or enjoy such content. So OP, if you do not like the system there is always a way to deal with or get around the aspects of the game we least enjoy, who right!

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    And you __HAVE__ to take the game seriously if you actually want to beat it (mythic).
    You don't __HAVE__ to take the game seriously if you want to beat mythic, if you're shooting for top 100 sure, but if you just want to get CE you don't. You can just play and get everything you need, the game is balanced around that, the people "super seriously hardcore grinding" are attempting to do things before they're at the level the game is balanced around, they're forcing it.

If you see a guild outside of the top 100 asking for ridiculous caps on anything (like 78 neck that i've been seeing around...) just steer clear.