View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if Blizzard has the most toxic fanbase.
    Gee I wonder why? It couldn't be because at every single opportunity they take a giant steaming shit on the players, nah that couldn't be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrot82 View Post
    so now if i go to download the old wc3 on my computer i no more have the old game right?there is no way to update the cd copy at least to 1.29 for have a widescreen video?
    if you install with battle net active yes. it auto updates to reforged.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

You should see PC MHW one. Reading so called discussions on Steam are not even worth popcorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    A 50 metascore isn't 'average', it's complete trash that shouldn't be touched by anyone. You have a very strange view of what 'average' is, and don't seem to understand game reviews. 50 means half of the game is bad, this means the game is basically unplayable, it doesn't mean "the game is okay". When it comes to spending money, I would rather buy a good game than an "average" or "okay" one, let alone a genuinely bad one. 75 is "average"... if you really push it, in terms of the game being worth giving a try if it appeals to you or isn't too expensive. Anything below 80 is something I have to make special consideration for, as in I do my own research on the game and decide that I want it.

Warcraft III's remaster costs far too much for what it's offering, and a 63 is barely above the point where I'd even give something a brief consideration. If you think "50" is average, you either do not play "50" games (as any sane person shouldn't) or you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm leaning towards the latter here, no offense.

Mind you, critics aren't always necessarily right, but that's why Metacritic is useful--it's the average of a wide variety of critics, not merely the opinion of a single one.
    maybe im too oldschool but for me a 5/10 is an average game.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Just installed Warcraft 3 UN-reforged and god, what a pleasure to play this game! Even though graphics is old as hell, but the story, the spirit - it is plain awesome! Leading Arthas to his doom - what could be better?

I knew not to get it; because a purits will ruin it, and b it's a failure in the making. I rather play the original one rather than paying a ton to a reskin. And anyone who hoped it will be something more: No chances: Because thanks to #nochanges and idiots who are really loud for it (and blizzards lazyness wherever it's possible and activisions trying to save money wherever it's possible) blizzard will never do anything. So enjoy your
    "Warcraft 76".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    maybe im too oldschool but for me a 5/10 is an average game.
    Not in reviews: An average game in reviews is as said before around 75. Because these ratings in most cases are not only because of how the game plays, but graphics. gameplay, ui and so on. 50 on a game is basically gutter-trash. 75 is average but also on the bad side. 80 is ok, 85 is good and 90 is excellent and in the upper ranks often a masterwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    One has nothing to do with the other. You could act like adults and speak with your wallets and not create a bunch of fake accounts to bombard a review website. I can't even remember the last time I took a Steam or Metacritic review seriously because a small minority of people crying over the most mundane things in a game.

For all your ranting of raving and continually point out a BS review statistic the game is doing very well on Twitch for a 20 year old game.
    "Small minority"... lol.. dude... there are 7700 ratings and only 428 are positive and 101 are mixed with the rest overwhelmingly negative. In case you were wondering that is 94% negative, 1% of reviews that are mixed and only 5% that are positive. Critic reviews are 50,60,60,75. All the critics (even the 75 rating) say the game is full of bugs, missing features, not what was promised, and is questionable in its quality of improvements. They only rated it as "high" as they did because Warcraft 3 itself is a good game DESPITE the reforged update. You have to be delusional to still be defending blizzard on this.

Here is a "10" review that I found on metacritic lol...

"Yes, they've shown not what we have now.
    Yes, release have less smooth and modern render than in alpha.
    Yes, they removed new detailed terrain and trees.
    Yes, they removed new compact interface.
    Yes, they almost haven't done any cinematic reworks.
    Yes, there is some bugs at start.
    But I still have exactly what I wanted when Reforged was announced. Good old W3 with new vision. I really love new models, new buildings, HD terrain and trees, and sounds. I'm glad they saved old style of environment and interface, saved right contrast perception of colors without too much shadows and shaders. It could be another game with another ambiance if they would did it first way they wanted. They gave wrong expectations when they changed way of development after alpha. It was general Blizzard's mistake. But I'm glad I have this one W3 remaster."
    I'd say this review is on the opposite spectrum of toxic and is overly forgiving of Blizzard despite naming a lot of downsides. How does this review reflect a perfect 10/10 game?

Here's another "10" review:

ZweroLOWJan 30, 2020
    Out of pity set 10. Don't want to say anything. Blizzard deserve it i think.
    I'd say there are people being over generous with their 10's here.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-02-01 at 12:24 AM.

Video game wise. i still would think LoL would still have worse.
    in general RWBY bumblebee shippers are far more toxic.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Video game wise. i still would think LoL would still have worse.
    in general RWBY bumblebee shippers are far more toxic.
    lol surely takes the price for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I knew not to get it; because a purits will ruin it, and b it's a failure in the making. I rather play the original one rather than paying a ton to a reskin. And anyone who hoped it will be something more: No chances: Because thanks to #nochanges and idiots who are really loud for it (and blizzards lazyness wherever it's possible and activisions trying to save money wherever it's possible) blizzard will never do anything. So enjoy your
    "Warcraft 76".

- - - Updated - - -

Not in reviews: An average game in reviews is as said before around 75. Because these ratings in most cases are not only because of how the game plays, but graphics. gameplay, ui and so on. 50 on a game is basically gutter-trash. 75 is average but also on the bad side. 80 is ok, 85 is good and 90 is excellent and in the upper ranks often a masterwork.
    i remember when a 5/10 review was average....

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    7700 out of how many? 10000, 100,000, 1,000,000?

How many of those reviews are made by the same person? You don't know any of this, and why the review bombs are meaningless.

I'm not defending Blizzard, i'm pointing out that more people seem to be enjoying the game despite these reviews. Go on Twitch and it's near the top with a tone of people playing and enjoying the game. If the reviews reflected reality that wouldn't be happening. I've been watching people play it since launch, and it seems to be exactly what I would expect.
    Again. People are enjoying it DESPITE the shortcomings of reforged because Warcraft 3 which released 18 years ago is a good game. The game got more attention with this launch and so people are playing it on twitch just like all new game releases. That doesn't mean people are happy with what REFORGED delivered or that they are happy Blizzard removed features and cut promises. Even the good reviews show that people are disappointed it wasn't more.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-02-01 at 12:48 AM.

Hasn’t been like that for at least the last 15 years (of my gaming experience) so you must be long in the tooth
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Never been the case really. 7 has generally been considered average even in the 80s 1-6 has generally been interchangeable depending on how brave the reviewer was with risking being sued. (yes companies in 80s and 90s were jsut as shit if not more so than today)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Never been the case really. 7 has generally been considered average even in the 80s 1-6 has generally been interchangeable depending on how brave the reviewer was with risking being sued. (yes companies in 80s and 90s were jsut as shit if not more so than today)
    i remember when sites like games radar gave out 5's as average scores.....so yes it was the case even if you don't want to believe it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    Hasn’t been like that for at least the last 15 years (of my gaming experience) so you must be long in the tooth
    i guess i just refuse to accept the new gaming standards.

0.7 user score on metacritic.
    63 critic score on metacritic again. fucking corporate shills. wonder how much are they paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    63 critic score on metacritic again. fucking corporate shills. wonder how much are they paid.
    Unlike people meme'ing the critic score they're actually trying to review the game as unbiased as possible

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember when a was slightly above average, and you even got pro tips with your reviews!

On a serious note, Metacritic audience score is worthless. I haven't met a single person who actually submits reviews to Metacritic.

The only thing a game being review-bombed shows you is that there are enough people unhappy about the game that they'll waste their time making dummy accounts to submit 1/10 reviews over and over. Which is valuable in a way, sure, but it doesn't mean that the game is actually a 1/10 on any objective scale.

7+ Year Old Account
    I made a meme that describes this game perfectly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    The original game was like a 9/10 and at worst this is an overpriced visual upgrade with some performance issues. I don't know how many points you realistically expect someone to subtract for that, but it certainly shouldn't tank scores. 6/10 (3 points deducted) seems fair to me.

I mean, barring performance issues, I'd still rather replay the Reforged version than the base version, personally. Not that I bought Reforged, but I've got no problem snagging it on sale in 10 months when the bugs have presumably been worked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I made a meme that describes this game perfectly.

It may be a mess but it's not like Blizzard is putting all their eggs in this basket. This is not Fallout 76 level disaster. It's a bad HD remaster of a 15 year old game.

Blizzard has the most toxic fanbase and ex-fanbase. Most people move on with their lives when they stop playing a company's product, but boy oh boy, not this company's. They become more consumed by it than when they were playing.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.