View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Seems like the defenders of this reboot are trying to focus on artistic issues and taste issues to move the subject onto more manageable turf.

What seems to be the primary issue here is the false advertising which promised things which just weren't delivered. There's no defending that, it is just a corporation deceiving people to make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The Pit lord model isn't the sole offender, i've also used the Dread lord model as example, because we actually have a direct modern counterpart to that (Mal'ganis from HotS).

The issue is that they've used the realistic artstyle from the MoP cinematic as template, that's why the Orc grunt looks so similiar to the Orc from that cinematic, yet that style doesn't fly outside of CGI.
    In your opinion. I think the Grunt is one of the best models in Reforged, and I generally like the Dreadlords, especially Tichondrius and the fat model of Anetheron and Detheroc.

Now, if one was to criticize the lighting, then yeah I'd be on board with that, the contrast between the high-quality models and the lighting and spell effects that seem barely touched upon from III is kind of jarring. But I really don't think the models themselves are anywhere near bad enough to make the claim that very recognizable Warcraft units and characters aren't Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    The 1st bold is where you play yourself because your first post replying to mine is indeed trying to insinuate the old style is superior/the new style is worse.
    If you prefer the new style, then you should leave it at that and not go around "yeah, look how amazing these new models", that doesn't work.

Especially if then people come up and say "no, the new looks terrible" you can't argue "STOP TRYING TO FORCE YOUR OPINION ONTO ME!"

All i did in the very first post was to explain why some people are put off by this new style and models looking good in close up isn't a selling point for the style of an RTS game.
    The Bird view matters, there it needs to look good, not to mention that these super detailed models are just a distraction for the eye in large scale battles.

If you understand people can have their own opinions, why do you attempt to quote and argue their opinions?
    If people try to argue an opinion that i disagree with, i will respond.
    Heck, the poll in this thread asks on the opinion on the models.

Disagreeing with someone is one thing, telling people that they're wrong to hold that opinion is a different story.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-02-02 at 10:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you prefer the new style, then you should leave it at that and not go around "yeah, look how amazing these new models", that doesn't work.

Especially if then people come up and say "no, the new looks terrible" you can't argue "STOP TRYING TO FORCE YOUR OPINION ONTO ME!"

All i did in the very first post was to explain why some people are put off by this new style and models looking good in close up isn't a selling point for the style of an RTS game.
    The Bird view matters, there it needs to look good, not to mention that these super detailed models are just a distraction for the eye in large scale battles.
    Quoting someone to say, "that doesn't matter" and then explaining why you think it's not important is literally you trying to tell someone their opinion is wrong.

It's not even about "stop trying to force your opinion onto me" it's you frankly look real dumb attempting to do that. Especially if you already know that people can prefer different things.

And somebody simply leaving a post in a thread pertaining to the topic, they're not quoting anybody, isn't "going around and saying 'yah look how amazing it looks'".

You literally keep doing what you're trying to tell others not to do. You're the one that quoted someone (me) and then made a post trying to say my post content doesn't matter.

It makes sense why you have ogres as your profile pic. All your posts have been great examples of "pot calling kettle black".
    If people try to argue an opinion that i disagree with, i will respond.
    Heck, the poll in this thread asks on the opinion on the models.

Disagreeing with someone is one thing, telling people that they're wrong to hold that opinion is a different story.
    You are literally the one who started the reply chain to me, I didn't go around quoting anyone initially. But ofc act like you didn't start this, doesn't matter. Stay disappointed. I'll stay content.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So now people are saying its a memory hog because the menus are actually a chrome web app running in parallel for an always online menu. Is that a widespread joke or is that actually another layer to this shitshow?

https://twitter.com/colincornaby/sta...73101312753664
    That is amazing.

Apparently to fix the menu lag you can activate hardware acceleration in chrome. HAHAHAHA

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plumpfarth View Post
    Seems like the defenders of this reboot are trying to focus on artistic issues and taste issues to move the subject onto more manageable turf.

What seems to be the primary issue here is the false advertising which promised things which just weren't delivered. There's no defending that, it is just a corporation deceiving people to make more money.
    It's not even that. It appears others simply won't let people enjoy the game if they're enjoying it. "You're wrong for liking this" is how the people super hating on how Reforged turn out appear to be.

Even the people who enjoy the game (me) acknowledge that Blizzard fucked up. But it's kind of liking going to an Arcade and being upset that the game you used to be play has been replaced by a clone of it that some people are able to find fun in, and going up to them spouting "how can you like something so atrocious! the humanity! it was so much better before!" completely disregarding that different individuals can have different tastes and that certain aspects of the clone are in working order to be enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Could someone explain to me what exactly about the wc3 reforged made players to rise up in arms?
    I keep reading some news that there are bugs and that blizzard made decision to not apply changes to story and gameplay, but that doesn't seem such a severe thing to cause such a backlash.

• Blizzard promised better cut-scenes with improved graphics, cinematics and voice work but what they showed off at Blizzcon even as far back as 2018 is not what we got in the final game. You can compare the Blizzcon footage to the release to see what I mean.
    • Gamers are reporting numerous bugs, crashes, hangups, assets not loading and many other problems that shouldn’t exist in a remaster of a decades-old game. Some are saying the UI looks worse than before. Others say the game in general looks worse, though this is subjective.
    • Many users have been experiencing login and connectivity issues as well. Connecting to custom matches or even accessing the campaign has been an issue for many.
    • Now that both Reforged and the original game are on the same online infrastructure, those connectivity issues will impact the original as well.
    • Some basic features of the original are no longer in the remaster. According to one user on reddit, this includes: automated tournaments, clans, profiles, competitive ladder and much more.
    • The new user agreement includes language that essentially copyrights all user-created custom games giving Blizzard complete control over all user-generated content. The implications of this are pretty huge, but essentially it’s an attempt by Blizzard to never let another Dota 2 situation happen again. It’s also deeply misguided. (And there’s a very real question about whether it’s actually legally binding to begin with).
    • Fans are attempting to get refunds, some with more success than others. I’m not sure how accurate it is, but others are reporting users being banned from the Blizzard forums for complaining or asking for refunds. Take that with a grain of salt—but if it’s true, it’s a problem.

It's not even that. It appears others simply won't let people enjoy the game if they're enjoying it. "You're wrong for liking this" is how the people super hating on how Reforged turn out appear to be.
    We are now in full on Fallout 76 "just shut up you are somehow not letting us enjoy it" territory. Amazing.

Even the people who enjoy the game (me) acknowledge that Blizzard fucked up. But it's kind of liking going to an Arcade and being upset that the game you used to be play has been replaced by a clone of it that some people are able to find fun in, and going up to them spouting "how can you like something so atrocious! the humanity! it was so much better before!" completely disregarding that different individuals can have different tastes and that certain aspects of the clone are in working order to be enjoyed.
    I for one am not hating on you for enjoying something mediocre.

I'm hating on the plethora of people in this thread who are defending Blizzard. The ones doing mental gymnastics to try and justify it.

I wish the art team of Heroes of the Storm did all the art for Reforged.

I am fine with the models and overall look. But my lord, the water textures look truly awful. Like how was that the best they would come up with?

i add also:
    they tell we give the possibility to choise old or new voice
    then they tell the new dub are gone and mantain the old voice

when reforged it the release we discover that all non english voice are change, without can't use the old one so we have the bad wow adaptation voice and the unit voice are very bad now with many joke change or censured like dryad or mountain king.

And one day i discover who is the genius at blizzard that translate in other language everything included surname or the name of city and sword like froustmourne

Just give me back my pre-Reforged Warcraft 3 so I can pretend this sad episode never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Just give me back my pre-Reforged Warcraft 3 so I can pretend this sad episode never happened.
    with the patch at least the 1.29 with widescreen and campaign switch icon is not much what we ask (i talk for offline, but for online of course but 1.31 have some bug)

Quoting someone to say, "that doesn't matter" and then explaining why you think it's not important is literally you trying to tell someone their opinion is wrong.
    Because the models should look good when you are actually playing the game, which is in the top down perspective.

So yeah, their close up view is meaningless.
    If that is somehow a super important criteria to you, then that's your thing.

Don't like that i call your criteria meaningless?
    Your loss.
    Did i tell you should change your opinion "because it's wrong?"
    No, i didn't.

"going around and saying 'yah look how amazing it looks'".
    >Checks the original post
    >A side by side comparison
    >"Otherwise this wouldn't have been a game I experienced at all had I have to deal with the left side of these pictures."

All your posts have been great examples of "pot calling kettle black".
    The quintessence of your posts is that doing a basic explanation why people prefer the old models (or rather why the new models aren't as suited for an RTS) is equivalent to forcing an opinion onto people.
    Which seemingly upsets you.

You are literally the one who started the reply chain to me, I didn't go around quoting anyone initially. But ofc act like you didn't start this, doesn't matter.
    ???
    This is a forum, if you make a post, you should expect that people reply.
    I was the one who quoted you, so what?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-02-02 at 10:51 PM.

Was the model design outsourced or something? Looks like a pay2win mobile game knock-off

The 1st bold is where you play yourself because your first post replying to mine is indeed trying to insinuate the old style is superior/the new style is worse.

The 2nd bold is again, something you acknowledge but don't follow yourself. Jumping off of people's posts where they say they like it and using words like "this doesn't matter". You're essentially trying to accuse me of doing what you started.

I think it's weird that someone like me saying it is better is something you felt the need to reply to, if as you say the point is that preferring the new style is fine.

You even continue what you're trying to preach to me right here below.

You're again trying to defend your opinion of a Pit Lord's look against mine and then in the 2nd bold attempting an objective statement "so yeah it's just bad".

If you understand people can have their own opinions, why do you attempt to quote and argue their opinions?

- - - Updated - - -

Watch from 0:32-0:45. Anime jump slash. I think your memory is failing it but that's okay since it is what like 14+ years old.

Real problem is thinking your judgement of how someone else uses their time is meaningful.

What's poorly programmed if I've had no issues playing through the campaign and am enjoying myself and the redesigned looks. I've yet to see a "pixelated cutscene" are you sure you're not referring to the original games?

Man keep it up guys, the bit about being so annoyed and toxic to others who are enjoying themselves is really palpable.

- - - Updated - - -

Illidan was also not supposed to appear dead in the original cinematic and the new one fails on that bit too. But I'm not going to go around claiming it's "RUINED completely" as some posts here sound just because of that bit.

And if you like the old one that's cool. Continue enjoying it. I prefer the new, nothing "wrong" or "bad" about that either. Yet these replies tend to be insinuating such without outright saying it, that's silly.

It's just weird that people are trying to make others agree with their opinion. It's like someone who still enjoys knob-style antenna tvs that show black/white that this is much better than a flat screen 4k HD tv of today.

I try to answer your mess.

1. I have honestly no idea what you refer as "anime jump slash" in the old cutscene - it's in the new one. The old one has a simple vertical slash, that's all.

2. just because you choose to ignore the pixelated cutscenes, doesn't mean they do not exist. Aside from the intro cinematic, they haven't been reworked. They are what they are - they are the *exact* same cinematics as 20 years ago - that is just a fact. They haven't even been "remastered".
    The only difference is that classic wc3 had them downscaled to 480p(?) and Reforged has them in their original version (1080p)
    But that still doesn't mean they are looking good, after all, they were made 20 years ago. Kudos to their team however, because they look amazing for something that was done 20 years ago, but - again - that doesn't mean they meet today's standards in the slightest. And in the end, the cutscenes were also one of the reasons why people wanted the remaster.

3. The game has issues all over the place, just because you had no problems or chose to ignore the abysmal performance (sub 60 fps on high end PCs, a well known issue too in fact), once again, doesn't mean these problems do not exist.
    Aside from that, they are bugs all over the place. Such as repeating and wrong sounds. I played the prologue and a bit of the human campaign and already encountered several issues.

I also love how you obviously feel offended by me not liking what they did. And yes, I do pitty you for getting enjoyment out of this game - I don't hate you for it, in fact, I'm somewhat glad... but when you say "it's not so bad" or something similar, then, to me, that's basically equal to a slave telling me "it's not so bad, at least I got food and a place to sleep", just less severe.
    Obviously I'd want to fight for him/you, so that he/you can see the truth.
    And more importantly, so that this shit doesn't happen again.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-02-02 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Was the model design outsourced or something? Looks like a pay2win mobile game knock-off
    Hit on this, but can't verify whether that's actually someone working at lemon sky (the company they outsourced it to).

So yeah, they got experience when it comes to fantasy mobile, but Blizzard themselves approved this.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-02-02 at 11:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    We are now in full on Fallout 76 "just shut up you are somehow not letting us enjoy it" territory. Amazing.
    My enjoyment isn't in any way diminished by the crazy toxic haters in this thread. Seeing them rage so hard is actually pretty amusing, you can tell that positive comments somehow strike a nerve in some of these posters - which is crazy in itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    I for one am not hating on you for enjoying something mediocre.
    You're rare then, since people are seemingly offended by me enjoying something over what I perceive as their older, mediocre nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    I'm hating on the plethora of people in this thread who are defending Blizzard. The ones doing mental gymnastics to try and justify it.
    Haven't really seen the defending posts, most like I've been saying is people saying something akin to "I like it" then getting multiple replies of essentially "but you shouldn't and here is A-Z explanations of why"

- - - Updated - - -

I was the one who quoted you, so what?
    What a lost cause. I think I'll have korean BBQ later.

(notice the irony)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I also love how you obviously feel offended by me not liking what they did. And yes, I do pitty you for getting enjoyment out of this game - I don't hate you for it, in fact, I'm somewhat glad... but when you say "it's not so bad" or something similar, then, to me, that's basically equal to a slave telling me "it's not so bad, at least I got food and a place to sleep", just less severe.
    Obviously I'd want to fight for him/you, so that he/you can see the truth.
    And more importantly, so that this shit doesn't happen again.
    Definitely not offended, but that you had to call me a slave essentially shows how much you are. The amount of loathing from some of you is insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy your toxic circlejerks, not gonna respond to Krall or Kray anymore, those guys are straight up lost in their dissatisfaction.

Definitely not offended, but that you had to call me a slave essentially shows how much you are. The amount of loathing from some of you is insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy your toxic circlejerks, not gonna respond to Krall or Kray anymore, those guys are straight up lost in their dissatisfaction.
    I didn't call you a slave.
    Stop playing a victim, grow up a little (mentally), and read again.
    It just shows how much you want to pick out the things you want out of comment and ignore everything else, while you are at it, please don't twist my words. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-02-02 at 11:26 PM.