Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Oh i meant she will go “mad” and then die or become “pacified” (neutered) which is equally bad. Basically there is no winning here. Same with their “big revelation” of Elune which will either make her a “damsel goddess” who sucks as much as night elfs now or that evil, uncaring bitch that is not worth following. Or actually both. Every story beat i can think of is just plain awful and i know that they will hit at least some of those.
    will there be a revelation about Elune in SL???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    That's because he's a skilled writer of fantasy worlds. Rather than a writer of relationships like Golden. Not saying the later is bad, only that its not a fit for Warcraft where the setting it the key element. Golden is very bad at writing worlds, and thus falls back on mechanics which makes her Warcraft work unbearably stupid.
    tbf King pretty much wrote the entirety of TBC with a few adjustments (Nathreza, Argus, Demon Hunters).

it's not like he made up stuff (hell the first chapter was basically like it was in WC3).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    why so much hate for golden?
    personally I don't care xd

I don't read the books anymore.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-02-08 at 02:25 PM.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    This. I'm fine with novels explaining the War of the Ancients, but major story developments should be within the game. You know, like how Final Fantasy XIV does it. All these tie in novel plots are shown in game. That is what the last patch is for. The one that is released 3 and a half months before the next expansion. Even I'm sick of always comparing WoW and FFXIV, but if there is a clearly better alternative to what Blizzard does, it is their fault.
    Like y'all don't just look up the plot points of new patches when they get posted on Wowhead like the rest of us.
    Last edited by Fixxit the Gnome; 2020-02-08 at 04:30 PM.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    And with that, i like this author already. They clearly have a sense of humour, which puts them well above most of the posters in this thread spewing their passive aggressive sarcasm or defeatist memes.
    You think it's humor but what I see is a recognizeable tumblrite pattern of adoration and foreshadowing.

So not interested in that Novel, I am relatively neutral to Talanji, but all the other main characters this novel is about I just don't like.

Wonder if it will end up in a public library, because I won't waste a dime for wow books anymore.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2020-02-08 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Nice, more Alleria and Void Elf lore!

Also, well, it was predictable that Alleria would play a role in Shadowlands. She vowed to kill Sylvanas after her failed reunion in Three Sisters.
    I for one enjoy Alleria more in horrific visions of stormwind when she does what she is ment to do killing turalyon and sending her son into the void
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Wtf, Sira Moonwarden didn't defect Sylvanas...

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    I for one enjoy Alleria more in horrific visions of stormwind when she does what she is ment to do killing turalyon and sending her son into the void
    And dies after that. It is a tragic end to a hero who honestly deserves a happy ending after all she's been through.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    How can warmongering make the race look like massive pussies? Apparently, Blizzard writers successfully managed to do this to Horde.
    Just, like, stop with crossroads and become adequate faction. There is literally nothing to fight for against Alliance and "mah traditions" left somewhere in GulDan Horde 30+ years ago.
    Calm the fuck down already, use magic to heal the lands you live on, grow some food and live your lifes good. All this self-coping and self-reflection makes the Horde look like the bunch of crybabies that doesnt know how to live in the harsh world.
    But the core value of the Horde is blaming others and murdering those others for problems they're too lazy to solve!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    yes, then your point?
    its pretty clear isnt it? sylvanas keeps calling on the chit that she helped the blood elves and vouched for them towards the horde, yet turns about and is absolutely bitchy to the race that helped her in the same process, yet she wants special treatment from LT for the ONE help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    You have a good deal more optimism about that than I can muster. I can see the counterargument now: "book blurbs aren't canon, and it was the Horde that betrayed Sylvanas because she's the Warchief, etc. etc."
    i am a bit guilty of being on the optimistic side when it comes to WoW lore. interestingly enough, these forums have done more damage to that optimism than the actual swiss cheesed lore lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh for certain. They'll be the equivalent of the "Burning of Teldrassil was justified because the Alliance killed 10 miners in Silithus" arguments that spread around the time of BtS.
    I remember the whole blog post about "how Teldrassil was an inside job and night elves did it themselves" among other things to justify genocide (all the while saying horde excepts their crimes, the alliance doesnt)
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    its pretty clear isnt it? sylvanas keeps calling on the chit that she helped the blood elves and vouched for them towards the horde, yet turns about and is absolutely bitchy to the race that helped her in the same process, yet she wants special treatment from LT for the ONE help.

- - - Updated - - -

i am a bit guilty of being on the optimistic side when it comes to WoW lore. interestingly enough, these forums have done more damage to that optimism than the actual swiss cheesed lore lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember the whole blog post about "how Teldrassil was an inside job and night elves did it themselves" among other things to justify genocide (all the while saying horde excepts their crimes, the alliance doesnt)
    I actually can't tell if those people actually believed those theories, because they were so mongoloid (to avoid using the R word). Yes, the night elves totally blew up their own World Tree
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The book should have been used as a stand-in for 8.3.5 to actually close the sword/azerite subplot properly. But I'm sure the book was commissioned before they decided to cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

bitchy? she ever interacted to a tauren before baine tried to ask to save suicide-saurfang in lordaeron?
    but still this doesnt change the fact that the forsakens let the blood elf to stabilize their existence in tbc
    sylvanas could be kneejerk all days, still belves gained their survival thanks the horde (or better, forsakens)

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    So Sira is still a mindless Minion of Sylvanus.
    Or she is the only one person with mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    well, no Golden this time guys so you should be happy xd
    I am happy.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Wtf, Sira Moonwarden didn't defect Sylvanas...
    I would say I am surprised she's still around after the Alliance canonically won Darkshore, but I can't say I'm surprised that meant absolutely nothing in the end.

The Horde now stands at a crossroads? Feels like an déjà vu.
    Alleria tracking down younger sister, whose emo-phase has gone too far, might be interesting, atleast it brings some family-drama. Although appointing Genn for this would be much more logical idea. Nathanos and Sira adventurous adventure to complete impossible could make a good idea for sitcom. Not sure what the real point of this can be. I suppose writers assumed people does not hate Sylvanas enough yet.
    I'd be up for buying it, but my fears are that the 80% of the book will be actually about that annoying meme character and about Horde trying to find itself for like 5th time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    bitchy? she ever interacted to a tauren before baine tried to ask to save suicide-saurfang in lordaeron?
    but still this doesnt change the fact that the forsakens let the blood elf to stabilize their existence in tbc
    sylvanas could be kneejerk all days, still belves gained their survival thanks the horde (or better, forsakens)
    she was disdainful of the tauren even before Lordaeron, as clearly pointed out in Before the Storm. She helped the blood elves, that doesnt mean she saved them from existance. Trust me, if a major faction comes across a blood elf in the wild and the blood elf wants to join the answer would be "no or yes". however if a major faction came across some undead dude the answer would have a third option "no, yes, kill with fire".

- - - Updated - - -

I actually can't tell if those people actually believed those theories, because they were so mongoloid (to avoid using the R word). Yes, the night elves totally blew up their own World Tree
    along with all the theories of how Alleria will fall to the void and end up feeding her people to the darkness when Nzoth comes.

INSTEAD

Sylvanas makes a deal with the Jailor to gain power by feeding her people to the hungering maw.

gg lol. Honestly and im not being sarcastic here, I felt bad for the horde being villain batted but at times I feel worse for Sylvanas supporters cuz they were strung along and smacked so many times lol.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

she was disdainful of the tauren even before Lordaeron, as clearly pointed out in Before the Storm. She helped the blood elves, that doesnt mean she saved them from existance. Trust me, if a major faction comes across a blood elf in the wild and the blood elf wants to join the answer would be "no or yes". however if a major faction came across some undead dude the answer would have a third option "no, yes, kill with fire".

- - - Updated - - -

along with all the theories of how Alleria will fall to the void and end up feeding her people to the darkness when Nzoth comes.

INSTEAD

Sylvanas makes a deal with the Jailor to gain power by feeding her people to the hungering maw.

gg lol. Honestly and im not being sarcastic here, I felt bad for the horde being villain batted but at times I feel worse for Sylvanas supporters cuz they were strung along and smacked so many times lol.
    Don't remind me of that. I had to spend the entirety of BfA dealing with people who acted like it was 100% confirmed that Alleria would die against N'Zoth in 8.3 and usher in the Black Empire expansion. Because obviously the whispers of an Old God creature are reliable and totally not just BS to spread chaos and distrust amongst allies.

Sylvanas did save them from getting wrecked. In fact, the only reason they're in the Horde at all is because Sylvanas vouched for them and helped secure their lands for them, since Thrall didn't believe they could pull their weight. Something he was right about, given that despite their Sunwell being back and the Forsaken bringing them out of the fire she still had to put an ultimatum to them to have them stand on their own feet or get wrecked by zombies before they actually put troops up against Arthas, the guy in the process of taking over the world at the time. This despite the fact that when Sylvanas was in need and reached out to them back when she first took over the Forsaken they told her to go fuck herself.

As for her disdain for the tauren, while she did think Baine was a treacherous hippie, she didn't actively strive to fuck them over any more than she tried to fuck over anyone else. Hell, even when it went into active rebellion she didn't gas their sorry asses, as welcome as it'd be.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    This. I'm fine with novels explaining the War of the Ancients, but major story developments should be within the game. You know, like how Final Fantasy XIV does it. All these tie in novel plots are shown in game. That is what the last patch is for. The one that is released 3 and a half months before the next expansion. Even I'm sick of always comparing WoW and FFXIV, but if there is a clearly better alternative to what Blizzard does, it is their fault.
    High End Pve is far better in Wow, but story, design, graphics, etc are better in FFXIV.

- - - Updated - - -

INSTEAD

still i cant grasp your point about horde's races that gained something after joining the faction.
    she dont like tauren? so? and yes, she saved belfs from existance, without tranquillien and regain of the ghostlands and its artifacts dar'khan would easily finish to conquer all the zone.
    and btw firsts meeting beetwen forsakens and belves werent peacefull at all