7. Sentry

6. Maestro

5. She-Hulk

4. Thing

3. Hercules

2. Thor

1. Hulk

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...arvel-universe
    Too bad they are wrong. Scarlet Witch should be 1 then Hulk at 2 then Jean Gray at 3. Then slide everyone else down by 2 positions...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You haven't "called it" just yet. These are still just rumours. Let's just hold off until there's some kind of official confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Too bad they are wrong. Scarlet Witch should be 1 then Hulk at 2 then Jean Gray at 3. Then slide everyone else down by 2 positions...
    It's physical strength, not power.

Wtf is Blue Marvel...?
    No...nevermind

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Can't wait for the next movie, and I also cannot wait for the online neckbeard whinging that'll ensue.

Also can say that I'm NOT ready for a full X-Men reboot... Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is sacred, I can't even imagine who could fill those shoes... But I'm OK with them bringing in some characters for a "soft reboot" or prep.
    Tom Hardy maybe? but yeah it'd be tough doing a X-Men reboot without Wolverine

- - - Updated - - -

Captain Marvel 2 should end with Rogue stealing her powers.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm not a huge Captain Marvel fan, and I am a huge Rogue fan, and we've never gotten a great movie version of Rogue in the FoX-men movies. But now that Disney owns the X-Men, and Captain Marvel has been polarizing at best despite making a billion dollars, maybe this is the chance to nerf Captain Marvel to a more likable version while creating the Rogue of the comics we know and love. Carol Danvers wouldn't even need to be retired, she could be in a coma in between movies (Captain Marvel 2 and Avengers 6?) and come back as Warbird. What do you think?
    I mean she is fairly OP so the only way to defeat her is to find someone even stronger or who has powers which renders hers moot - mental manipulation or something

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Even if this list was about power in general and not physical strength, neither of those would rank that high. Scarlet is only known for one reality warping feat in house of m, and Jean is only a high tier psychic, it's the Phoenix Force that is powerful, not her.

The actual #1 would be Franklin Richards, if we're only talking about superheroes.

Can't wait for the next movie, and I also cannot wait for the online neckbeard whinging that'll ensue.

Also can say that I'm NOT ready for a full X-Men reboot... Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is sacred, I can't even imagine who could fill those shoes... But I'm OK with them bringing in some characters for a "soft reboot" or prep.

What is up with modern culture? "I can't wait for people to be mad" I thought we grew past this shit in 7th grade, unironically grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    What is up with modern culture? "I can't wait for people to be mad" I thought we grew past this shit in 7th grade, unironically grow up.
    Because people have already set themselves out to be angry about it?

I mean, when you see the sort of conspiracy nonsense people were pitching, and indeed believing, to try and denigrate Captain Marvel's box office success... their bound to find something to be angry about.

And frankly, it's funny that people get themselves so worked up about a damn comic book movie where a woman flies around with glowy fists.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Because people have already set themselves out to be angry about it?

I mean, when you see the sort of conspiracy nonsense people were pitching, and indeed believing, to try and denigrate Captain Marvel's box office success... their bound to find something to be angry about.

And frankly, it's funny that people get themselves so worked up about a damn comic book movie where a woman flies around with glowy fists.
    Only dudes are allowed to have glowing fists, ok?

There's a rumor going around Hugh Jackman may cameo in Dr. Strange 2. He's had talks with Kevin Feige.
    Although with Raimi in the running for the doctor strange director chair and Strange being canon in the Raimi verse spiderman if he gets the part they should have a small cameo in that universe.

As for captain marvel 2. If their brining in a mutant there can only be one they use before any others. Rogue due to how Rogue was able to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Worfing/nerfing another character to prop up another character is one of the reasons why Captain Marvel is so derided in the first place.

If Rogue was to get her own movie, I'd rather she be able to stand up on her own, rather than having to put down other characters in the process. I find the idea of "character X is awesome because he/she can do what Y can't" to not make for interesting characters. They are built on the achievements of past characters, rather than their own.

As for Captain Marvel, I'd rather she just be forgotten, retconned out, and the story proceed like she never happened. But alas.

Why do people dislike captain marvel she got her ass handed to her by Thanos. The fear of her being OP wasn’t an issue in the comics and won’t be in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Could say the same thing to someone reacting like you did to what was obviously a lighthearted post...

And using "Unironically" before a statement to boot? What is it with modern culture...

Sincerely, grow up yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Why do people dislike captain marvel she got her ass handed to her by Thanos. The fear of her being OP wasn’t an issue in the comics and won’t be in the movies.
    It is not about the movie, it is about hatred of the actress amongst a vocal minority online.

Something about her vowing to make sure press conferences she attends are more inclusive (which to these zero sum guys mean fewer seats for them) and suggesting that in regards to a specific movie she made it would be more interesting to hear feedback from a woman of color than a 40-year old white guy.

In the end, they didn't get much for their hate campaign. But they are nothing if not petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Lots of tickets were bought by Disney, so the theater seats aren't empty and give it a bad vibe. Those seats were paid for from Disney's pocket, so it's not exactly income.
    Pretty sure thats fraud and Im pretty sure that didnt happen lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Pretty sure thats fraud and Im pretty sure that didnt happen lol
    The sad thing is people actually believed this was a thing that happened.

People go in with preconceived notions (that because of Brie Larson’s comments, the movie must be bad,) believe that their preconceived notions are important, (that the movie can’t succeed because people at large agree with them/care about that assessment) and that, if something happens that DISPROVES that preconceived notion (like captain marvel being a box office success)... that, instead of them simply having been wrong, there must be some giant conspiracy behind it. So they’ll look to any crack-pot theory that validates their own myopic chain of reasoning.

A similar thing happened with the last Jedi, and the notion that “the overwhelming majority of film critics only pretended to like it because they didn’t want to offend SJWs.”

I swear, the worlds some of these people live in must be very terrifying.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-02-09 at 07:01 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The sad thing is people actually believed this was a thing that happened.
    He didn't even get the conspiracy theory right. If DISNEY had bought the tickets to inflate their numbers, the theater seats would still be empty...

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I think the one problem they run into is that it's a weirdly hard story to tell since so many people are only familiar with Rogue from either the latest X-Men movies, or maybe the 90's cartoon. Her backstory as a villain is... complicated.

Of course, The MCU managed to make a Captain Marvel movie without Mar-Vell, and I'm still a little bitter about that...
    Wait, wasn't Annette Benning Mar-vell? Or is there another Mar-Vell that's not that one, or not the right representation of it? Comics are confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Wait, wasn't Annette Benning Mar-vell? Or is there another Mar-Vell that's not that one, or not the right representation of it? Comics are confusing.
    Yes, but you don't understand that it was SUPER important that she get her powers directly from a man rather than changing it to her absorbing the blast of the tesseract and getting powers from the infinity stone instead.

Captain Marvel as a franchise exists solely to prop up 500 alt-right channels who make 30 videos about every movie entry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Could say the same thing to someone reacting like you did to what was obviously a lighthearted post...

And using "Unironically" before a statement to boot? What is it with modern culture...

Sincerely, grow up yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not about the movie, it is about hatred of the actress amongst a vocal minority online.

Something about her vowing to make sure press conferences she attends are more inclusive (which to these zero sum guys mean fewer seats for them) and suggesting that in regards to a specific movie she made it would be more interesting to hear feedback from a woman of color than a 40-year old white guy.

In the end, they didn't get much for their hate campaign. But they are nothing if not petty.
    That not what she said though, what she said was that she didn´t need the opinion of a white man and if you say something like that yeah people will get pissed, who would have guessed...

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Does disliking Captain Marvel make you alt-right?

- - - Updated - - -

Typically as a society we don't like discriminatory statements, which Brie Larson did make regarding her press conferences. It's quite straight forward when you think about it
    Pretty much yeah considering the autistic backlash to it is so absurd and beyond the pale that it's clear its just dumbass alt-right turds trolling for clicks on youtube.

Normal and well adjusted people just...don't watch movies they don't like and go on to live their lives.