KH3 is my favorite game recently. Civ is also good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I kinda hope the next Kingdom Hearts (non-mobile) game takes a break from the "Movie" worlds and focuses more on worlds made for the franchise. I mean, yes, it's still a Disney franchise, but it doesn't need worlds based on Disney movies to be Disney. Just make it so the worlds in there are unique and exclusive for the game and it should be fine.

One of my major problems with KH3 are the Disney worlds (namely Arendelle). It'd be one thing if the worlds had unique stories to them; like San Fransokyo, even though it's a bit cringe at time, was miles better than "lets recreate Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3!"

One thing I am fascinated by is the secret ending(s) in the Secret Episode. Luxord (seemingly) being from the same world as Yozora is a big surprise. I thought there couldn't possibly be any bigger plot twist than Xigbar being Luxu, or MoM being the one to set Xehanort on his path. Anyway, while we only get to see a short glimpse we see of Yozora's world, it might be a sign that Nomura is either trying to branch Kingdom Hearts off Disney Movie worlds, or is still really salty about his pet project being turned in to a main line FF game and getting kicked off the team. Or maybe both. I hope we see more of Verum Rex world in the future.
    I think TeamFourStar mentioned in their 'review' thing for the DLC that Kingdom Hearts is coming up on their 13th game, and the Verum Rex stuff is SUSPICIOUSLY similar to Versus XIII, so Kingdom Hearts VS XIII confirmed?

Square released info for Dark Road today.

It's launches from within Union X
    It's battle system seems to be a revamp of the Card Combat system from Chain of Memories

I didn't care to read anything else, because the Card Combat is an automatic no from me. I hated it in RE:CoM and thus it can fade into obscurity for all I care.

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingd...revealed-16616

I find it pretty good

Square released info for Dark Road today.

It's launches from within Union X
    It's battle system seems to be a revamp of the Card Combat system from Chain of Memories

I didn't care to read anything else, because the Card Combat is an automatic no from me. I hated it in RE:CoM and thus it can fade into obscurity for all I care.

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingd...revealed-16616
    the system worked pretty well in a 2d enviornment. if it were for console id agree but it seems like an okay system for a mobile game
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    I finally beat yozora with no food, a few pro codes and only potions. Hes probably my favorite boss in the series, so ill give osaka credit for making such a great fight.

original was already amazing and this takes it to another level...

A kingdom hearts television series seems to be coming to disney+

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    And from what we know from the past, everything in the series is going to be canonical and super important.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    And from what we know from the past, everything in the series is going to be canonical and super important.
    im really hoping they just do an animated retelling of the games. the manga and novelizations already pad the plotlines out more organically and the worlds already make prime material for serialization

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    If they make it some sort of continuation of KH1 or BBS, it will fail really hard, as people would have no idea why everyone is already reacting to everything or reminiscing of past events.
    It's gotta be a retelling of KH1, BBS or an original story that completely starts a character and requires no prior knowledge.
    But knowing Nomura...

I don't think the series will be a simple retelling. It's likely going to be about a new character going into Disney worlds, and the story will tie into KH4 (or whatever the next game is).

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I don't think the series will be a simple retelling. It's likely going to be about a new character going into Disney worlds, and the story will tie into KH4 (or whatever the next game is).
    It could really be anything honestly.

the basic concept of kingdom hearts is just disney properties co-existing, light and dark are forces of the universe, and magical keys choose certain people to protect that balance.

we could get an adaption, a spin off, something completely unrelated ala disney infinity with keyblades and a kingdom hearts logo,

according to rumours square enix created the pilot for disney using unreal engine 4 so it seems like theyre involved somewhat at least conceptually.

until we know more besides animated series they could take this in many different directions.

however i would be very surprised if sora wasn't the main character of the series even if he gets somewhat retooled or rebooted. nomura has already said before sora will continue to be the main protaganist of the series even post xehanort saga with whatever verum rex and the foretellers are up to it will still be sora regardless of where the series goes, hes the face of the series.

I kinda hope the next Kingdom Hearts (non-mobile) game takes a break from the "Movie" worlds and focuses more on worlds made for the franchise. I mean, yes, it's still a Disney franchise, but it doesn't need worlds based on Disney movies to be Disney. Just make it so the worlds in there are unique and exclusive for the game and it should be fine.

One of my major problems with KH3 are the Disney worlds (namely Arendelle). It'd be one thing if the worlds had unique stories to them; like San Fransokyo, even though it's a bit cringe at time, was miles better than "lets recreate Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3!"

One thing I am fascinated by is the secret ending(s) in the Secret Episode. Luxord (seemingly) being from the same world as Yozora is a big surprise. I thought there couldn't possibly be any bigger plot twist than Xigbar being Luxu, or MoM being the one to set Xehanort on his path. Anyway, while we only get to see a short glimpse we see of Yozora's world, it might be a sign that Nomura is either trying to branch Kingdom Hearts off Disney Movie worlds, or is still really salty about his pet project being turned in to a main line FF game and getting kicked off the team. Or maybe both. I hope we see more of Verum Rex world in the future.
    Right there with you. Didn't mind the Disney worlds too much in 1 and 2. Most of the worlds in 3 just didn't work for me. MIGHT have to do with me getting older, but Idk. I do think if they involved more mainline story points in the Disney worlds for 3, it could have solved a few of our problems. That said, I think what made KH stand out so much was its crazy interesting original worlds/characters.

Dark Road is coming out this month.
    Trailer seems to imply Xehanort is actually the player character from X, but not really too sure about that.

Melody of Memory (Rhythm game) is coming out for the Switch seemingly with new info for upcoming KH plot with possible MoM unmasking and a bit more info of Subject X. Well, either that or new DLC for KHIII, which I doubt.

And most importantly of all, Kingdom Hearts III soundtrack is finally being released this year.

EDIT: OK, so Xehanort is actually just dreaming of the PC from Union X, which makes a lot more sense.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2020-07-02 at 02:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im excited it isnt a mobile game or looks like theatrhythm

You know if they wanted to make a KH rhythm game just fucking do it, I don't need to go through Sora's memories for the 15th time to set up some bullshit plot for KH4. This apparent story mode is going to be trash. Trying to force critical plot into spinoffs is the reason half of the people in this thread at its peak had no fucking idea what was going on in KH3. You can make a spinoff without it being plot relevant, it's not hard square.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-06-16 at 10:49 PM.

Well, yeah, but that's not what Square likes to do, at all. They want to things this way to punish people for strictly playing the main games in the series.

In a way, I am kinda glad that I did play those spinoffs. But we're never gonna change Nomura.

Claiming it's not what square likes to do is nonsensical since KH is literally the only IP they even have a continuous story line in. Unless we want to count FFXIV but that is one game getting expanded, not a million different games. The closest square IP to KH level of story convolution is Drakengard/Nier and Taro unlike Nomura is capable of making his games have pay offs for long time fans and at the same time still be understandable to a new player.

Sounds more like a Disney and/or Nomura problem to me and I lean more towards Disney for enabling his bullshit in the first place. Square has no impact on the story.

The fact the largest set piece in KH3 was literally a call back to a shitty ass browser game should tell you it's not a good formula.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-06-16 at 11:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least this side game will have good gameplay and not the fucking command deck barfffffff