Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just came here to say i'm hyped for this release!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    i'm rly struggling to like Wolcen .. i wan't something else besides PoE but the feel of combat is so damn clunky i can't get past that which is sad
    Quoting you but multiple people mentioned the clunky combat. Yes, there was a phase where the combat was pretty much bad, and it was due to the intriduction of new animations. Latest updates sped up some of them and introduced animation canceling - it's not as fluid as i'd like it to be but it's definitely better.

Also, i found that the game ramped up quite a lot when i was able to have all my skills and cycling between them - maybe it was the combo i choose, but it made up for all the "blanks" i had in my rotation. It seems that "hybrid" builds are better on this until you manage to increase resource generation enough; having a mix of spells and physical skills meant i had the resource bar going back and forth and was more limited by cooldowns than being resource starved.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Launch trailer for tomorrow

What the fuck - this trailer looks awesome!

I wasn't interested at beginning but this trailer got me curious, maybe I'll give it a try.

Isn't the part at 1:48 like 100% WoW Demon Hunter's Blade Dance ? lol
    I can get inspirations but that seems straight out copy/pasted from WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I wasn't interested at beginning but this trailer got me curious, maybe I'll give it a try.

Isn't the part at 1:48 like 100% WoW Demon Hunter's Blade Dance ? lol
    I can get inspirations but that seems straight out copy/pasted from WoW
    Better 'stolen' and done well then original and garbage.
    I'm certainly interested in giving this game a try.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Lords of Mayo

this game will be doa

Well... The trailer looks good and the patch notes for 1.0 sound like they're adding a LOT of stuff Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    this game will be doa
    Care to give more details?

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    this game will be doa
    3k people playing even before the patch is released, guess they got plenty of hype.

Damn, they did a great job on that trailer, and the patch notes look to be pretty big. I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend. Looking forward to seeing Acts 2 and 3, and seeing what their Endgame is like.

Here's a reputable source talking about the game and the pre-release beta. Overall, i think he nails both the good and the bad about the game right now.

Granted this is a sponsored video, but Rhykker's impressions are really positive.

Also, a lot of previously unseen footage

THEY HAVE TREASURE GOB... BEETLES
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-02-12 at 07:15 PM.

Do we know what time online becomes available?

According to a tweet a saw from them, not earlier than 6pm CET.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    According to a tweet a saw from them, not earlier than 6pm CET.
    Sweet, should be around when I get up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Here's a reputable source talking about the game and the pre-release beta. Overall, i think he nails both the good and the bad about the game right now.
    I was expecting some Diablo-like but wow this is actually Diablo

The energy system and weapons' thing seems interesting though. How is the story overall ? As far as I understood only Act I is implemented but is it still promising, or is that just a background stuff to justify having you slaughter everything in sight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I was expecting some Diablo-like but wow this is actually Diablo

The energy system and weapons' thing seems interesting though. How is the story overall ? As far as I understood only Act I is implemented but is it still promising, or is that just a background stuff to justify having you slaughter everything in sight ?
    More interesting than d3's story honestly.

And I don't really get huge diablo vibes from it, other than it's an ARPG and Diablo basically popularized the genre. It reminds me more of PoE (classless, large passive tree, etc) with a bonus of skill talent trees (which also exists in last epoch, another decent arpg releasing hopefully this year.)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    More interesting than d3's story honestly.

And I don't really get huge diablo vibes from it, other than it's an ARPG and Diablo basically popularized the genre. It reminds me more of PoE (classless, large passive tree, etc) with a bonus of skill talent trees (which also exists in last epoch, another decent arpg releasing hopefully this year.)
    I'm getting Diablo vibes from most of gameplay videos, same enemies and their animations, a lot of UI elements are 100% the same, even the maps are terrifyingly similar and a lot of details too (chests, shrines, the position and writing conventions for names/lvls and such). I guess most of them are inevitable though.

Regarding the story I agree and that's why I was asking tbh. I love Diablo's lore in general but I never felt it was well translated ingame except for some small parts. If you only know Diablo through Diablo 3 and not caring about other media, you probably won't care a lot about what's happening.

The fact it resembles Diablo environment-wise is not a problem, that's actually what makes me interested, I really like the animations I can see on gameplay footage for Wolfcen and that's a big plus, so an interesting story, even if only for the main campaign, would definitely be an advantage.