Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have no problem with the beam. I have no problem with the ingame cinematic.
    I have a problem that there is NOTHING prerendered after that when we got the best cinematics of the whole game for the secondary story of the expansion... why 100000 Saurfang Cinematics but non, not even a small conversation for the real big bad of the expansion?
    That just feels anticlimatic.
    All the time we got hammered into our heads that it is sooooo dangeours. We saved azeroth in Uldum. And then we defeat him and... puff... nothing here is 1500 AP now do it again for six month. Why is ther no big party in cities ala Matrix?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Now which would cause more damage.

a massive fucking hole or a an object sticking out of it?
    I mean who was not taught in school medical class that unless you can seal a wound, do not remove the knife.
    If the knife is still in the wound, keep it there until you have some way to stop the bleeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    The hate caused by the ever rising ridiculous high expectations of the ungrateful community that blizzard is unable to meet.

The End Cinematic was not a standalone thing like other Expansions. It was part of the boss fight itself, and people don't seem to understand that.

Furthermore, N'zoth actually won us over and only the heart of Azeroth saved us from falling into his madness, Azeroth being a very powerful titan to be, if I might add, according to the lore.

Also, old gods are only agents of the Void Lords, which are still out there. Also we did beat two other old gods before and nzoth was actually weaker in some ways than the other two faced.
    Seriously. Shut the fuck up with the whole "we beat two other old gods" bullshit. You don't hype up a villain for a fucking entire decade and give him this kind of ending.

What if in Infinity War, Thanos appears and gets fucking clapped instantly by Captain Marvel, or anyone for that matter? You just don't do that kind of buildup and fizzle out at the end. It's disrespectful, insulting, and a waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I mean who was not taught in school medical class that unless you can seal a wound, do not remove the knife.
    If the knife is still in the wound, keep it there until you have some way to stop the bleeding.
    So what you're saying is leave a giant ass sword in the planet? Because you're advised to keep a penetrating object in place? You do realize that penetrating object doesn't stay there for life, right? And that it eventually gets extracted?

In a fantasy world full of druids and shamans and magic, it's not possible to fill a crater left by the sword?

What an asinine excuse for poor writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post

So what you're saying is leave a giant ass sword in the planet? Because you're advised to keep a penetrating object in place? You do realize that penetrating object doesn't stay there for life, right? And that it eventually gets extracted?

Why would we remove the sword anyway?

As someone who ain't that invested in lore and just follows along. The ending is what it were built up to. Feels like lots of complaints is more about personally hype something up to the extreme and then get disappointed even though it's a logical conclusion.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Why would we remove the sword anyway?
    Uh, it's lodged in the planet? There's foreshadowing (Yea, Blizzard's foreshadowing doesn't mean much these days but still) that the blade is still a threat?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    As someone who ain't that invested in lore and just follows along. The ending is what it were built up to. Feels like lots of complaints is more about personally hype something up to the extreme and then get disappointed even though it's a logical conclusion.
    That's not an ending you give something that's been built up for a decade. See above where I draw a parallel to Infinity War.

Because it was a fucking 30 second joke of a RotK rip off for an Old God that had years of planning to it. Even Sargeras got better just desserts than N'zoth and that one was considered a pretty so-so expansion ending but still a quality one.

Compare it to Wrath, Cata, MoP and even Legion which all had absolutely stellar, rollercoasters of quality in the final cutscene.

This was literally a rip off of Return of the King with a Kamehameha. Nothing spectacular, nothing awe inducing and nothing that is worth remembering.

Although that's safe to say of this piece of shit expansion and Blizzard overall these days. Blizzard aren't doing themselves any favours pissing off the majority of the community as of late with Blitzchung, Warcraft 3 Reforged and this dogshit patch.
    Last edited by Kharill; 2020-02-13 at 07:45 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

In a fantasy world full of druids and shamans and magic, it's not possible to fill a crater left by the sword?

No, you are supposed to keep it there till you have some way to seal the wound to stop the bleeding.
    what do you think we should close the wound with?
    So for now we need to keep it in, till we have something to remove it with, and something to seal it with.
    oh also its a planet not a person

and idk, druids and shamans can only do so much. they cant heal a wound THAT big and deep.

Seriously. Shut the fuck up with the whole "we beat two other old gods" bullshit. You don't hype up a villain for a fucking entire decade and give him this kind of ending.

What if in Infinity War, Thanos appears and gets fucking clapped instantly by Captain Marvel, or anyone for that matter? You just don't do that kind of buildup and fizzle out at the end. It's disrespectful, insulting, and a waste of time.
    Great!
    That didn't happen if you played the pretty long bossfight so we can move on.

Uh, it's lodged in the planet? There's foreshadowing (Yea, Blizzard's foreshadowing doesn't mean much these days but still) that the blade is still a threat?
    we removed that threat at the end of Legion, which left Azerite all over the planet.

Considering how much damage the thing did to the Chamber of Heart, which is close to the world-soul, I wouldn't move that thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    I have long since abandoned hope that WoW's story will ever be good, but realism is far from the only way to make a villain feel threatening in a story. They could have had N'zoth kill/permanently corrupt important characters or areas. They could have made the players lose the fight, or win in a way that inflicted a high cost, etc.
    They have killed off a lot of high-value NPC's in the last few expansions. I don't disagree with the idea but they can't keep killing off NPC "leaders" right and left to make fights meaningful. It takes them too long to create new ones and give them a proper back story.

As for the idea of players losing the fight in the last raid of an expansion, I don't ever see that happening and if it did, the complaints about a lackluster cinematic in this one would pale by comparison. Raiders don't do what they do just to lose at the end. I don't know what 'high cost' would even be.

This gets to my point about the structure of the game: It's meant for us to win. Every time. Sometimes the win is more difficult than others but no one plays this game and gets about the rather serious business of raiding with the idea that it's impossible win and that there's anything worth bothering with in doing a lot of pulls that will all be futile. There is always a way to win.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Ten years spent building up to the final old god.
    • Six years hyping up the old god threat, since Sargeras was so terrified of them that is why he created the Legion in the first place.
    • Four years hyping N'zoth's master plan, what with the Emerald Nightmare raid and the whispers from Xal'atath.
    • One year hyping N'zoth wrecking Azeroth after he was released at the end of the Azshara raid.
    • N'zoth finally takes center stage.
    • lol he had no plan at all and falls over to a DBZ laser beam, having accomplished absolutely nothing.
    Correction, Sargeras is/was afraid of the void lords, not the old gods.

That's not an ending you give something that's been built up for a decade. See above where I draw a parallel to Infinity War.
    What would a proper ending be? We know we will win... Same as we know Thanos would lose.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What would a proper ending be? We know we will win... Same as we know Thanos would lose.
    Not a 30 second piece of shit Return of the King ripoff that's for sure.

But hey 1.6k likes and 15k dislikes can't be wrong right?

Blizzard are capable of far better than this and they know they don't have to be because white knights and shills will fucking eat it all up and say to them they can do no wrong. It's a damn joke what the company has become.

8.3 overall for me was the straw that broke the camels back and that cinematic was the cherry on the shit sundae. I fucking love Blizzard and have done since the days of Brood War but they just aren't the same company anymore.
    Last edited by Kharill; 2020-02-13 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    Not a 30 second piece of shit Return of the King ripoff that's for sure.

But hey 1.6k likes and 15k dislikes can't be wrong right?
    When asmongold has hundreds of thousands of followers, yes. Yes they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They have killed off a lot of high-value NPC's in the last few expansions. I don't disagree with the idea but they can't keep killing off NPC "leaders" right and left to make fights meaningful. It takes them too long to create new ones and give them a proper back story.

As for the idea of players losing the fight in the last raid of an expansion, I don't ever see that happening and if it did, the complaints about a lackluster cinematic in this one would pale by comparison. Raiders don't do what they do just to lose at the end. I don't know what 'high cost' would even be.

This gets to my point about the structure of the game: It's meant for us to win. Every time. Sometimes the win is more difficult than others but no one plays this game and gets about the rather serious business of raiding with the idea that it's impossible win and that there's anything worth bothering with in doing a lot of pulls that will all be futile. There is always a way to win.
    Kael'thas, Ragnaros, Queen Azshara, etc. Raiders do it for loot.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    mean basically the same thing in wow.

Again, kelthuzad has been locked up for more then 10 years.
    bolvar was "locked up" for 10 years.
    Kiljaden was locked up for 10 years.
    funny the locked up people seem to dissapear longer from the story then the dead people.
    Archimonde actually died in TBC (technically warcraft) but came back to life before kiljaden who was only locked away came back.
    Kalethas came back in only a few patches.
    Sargeras will be locked up atleast 6 years, about 5 and a half years longer then kaelthas who literally died was gone.
    Again, the status of other characters is completely irrelevant. Dead is dead. There's no "basically means the same thing". The answer to the question "is Sargeras dead?" is unequivocally "no, he's not dead".

there is no anger on my side, only disappointment...
    whatever their thought process, the cinematic just shows your character doing the same thing thrall did but with a lesser sacrifice. And the wiping of every traces of the old gold is just to easy, too clean. Consequences are good, but here the aftermath is non existent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Again, the status of other characters is completely irrelevant. Dead is dead. There's no "basically means the same thing". The answer to the question "is Sargeras dead?" is unequivocally "no, he's not dead".
    Hes removed from the story until he either comes back, or the game ends and he was completely forgotten about.

That applies to characters who have died, or who have been "dealt with"