Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Ummm. Steam is software, not a company.

And even taking the companies behind those, Bungie, Epic and Valve are all private companies, completely different to Blizzard-Activision, which is publicly traded.
    Okay fair.

Then literally any company with a game currently on GeForce Now.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-02-14 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Fucking gross lol...
    I get the sense google is even worse run than Acti, when it comes to these side projects, how much shit do they introduce that just fails out the gate. Stadia has been awful from day one, and out of all the companies in the world, Google with their scrooge mcduck money should be able to just throw cash at it to make it work, but they dont.
    throwing money at technology doesn't just make it work.....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Some of us bought games and used this service to play those games that got removed out of nowhere with literally no explanation. Not to mention the F-ing beta went on for over 2 years and they never had an issue with it then.
    More likely this is because Blizzard/Activision can't guarantee a consistent gameplay experience. This is cloud gaming after all, and therefore some players may experience lag. Neither Blizzard/Activision nor Nvidia can guarantee the players a good experience. This is probably to do with quality control assurance.
    I literally can't play any games now as I only have a Mac pro.
    Buying a Mac is a mistake. Playing games through cloud gaming is a mistake. What stopped you from getting a Windows PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    More likely this is because Blizzard/Activision can't guarantee a consistent gameplay experience. This is cloud gaming after all, and therefore some players may experience lag. Neither Blizzard/Activision nor Nvidia can guarantee the players a good experience. This is probably to do with quality control assurance.

Buying a Mac is a mistake. Playing games through cloud gaming is a mistake. What stopped you from getting a Windows PC?
    It’s been a few years since I got the Mac. Heard great things about it constantly at the time and overall I’ve really liked it, short of its inability to play games well. It’s a better user experience and quality of life all around.

Cloud gaming works mostly pretty great for me honestly.

It’s been a few years since I got the Mac. Heard great things about it constantly at the time and overall I’ve really liked it, short of its inability to play games well. It’s a better user experience and quality of life all around.

If your mac is only a few years old you can play WoW without geforce now lmao. At this point I think you just wanted to make a whine about blizzard post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If your mac is only a few years old you can play WoW without geforce now lmao. At this point I think you just wanted to make a whine about blizzard post.
    The silliest thing is, many big companies pulled their games, and he dogpiles blizzard like they're the only ones lol....

At 30-40 FPS max in 720p.

You’re right technically I can.

However it’s a dog sh... experience playing anything in it.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-02-14 at 06:12 AM.

At 30-40 FPS max in 720p.

You’re right technically I can.

However it’s a dog sh... experience playing anything in it.
    Native 30-40 fps at 720p is better then cloud input latency and artifacting due to streamed image.

It would actually be a better experience.

And here we have it ladies and gentlemen; a MAC gamer trying to explain to us how gaming should work...

The titles listed are all of the online, fast-paced variety; from a gamer's standpoint; is it really a good experience to lock your reaction speed behind 2 connection?
    And by that i mean; 1st the signal has to reach the server it runs off and then the feedback has to reach your screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't everyone watch the video of Gus Sorola making fun of gaming on a Mac? That is a timeless classic with a real warning.
    "Mostly" is the key problem. If users experience an issue then how does Blizzard/Activision deal with it? What if Blizzard/Activision is afraid of what would happen if Nvidia's cloud gaming servers get hacked and suddenly a lot of support tickets go out because someone logged in every account and took their gold? Imagine grabbing video stream data and watching someone login, or even capturing keystrokes as the user enters their password, since that's sent through the net as well. Sounds like a technical support nightmare waiting to happen.

Also you're connecting to a cloud gaming service that also needs to connect to a Blizzard/Activision server. That could get very laggy for some people, depending on where they live. Sounds like these are problems that Blizzard/Activision aren't willing to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    So what, you're going to start a class-action lawsuit over every other game developer who doesn't want their games on other platforms, like Steam.
    Or maybe you're going to start a lawsuit over Sony for PS4 exclusive games?
    Also, you haven't proven me wrong. People who can't afford a laptop that can run games properly will not spend €50 on a game. Those people also most likely don't have a stable internet connection to stream games.

Please. You people are delusional.
    Cloud computing has been tried many times before, and it hasn't worked. It will only work if stores like Epic show up granting free games from time to time, or EA's own sub which grants hundreds of games for some $9.99/month. $5/month + have to buy the games? Yeah, right.
    So nobody owning a mac will have the ability to buy a 50€ game? Or someone who does not want a new 1000euro config will never play a 15euro game? You are only buying full price games day one? Or even having a good internet connection? Yeah explain why having a stable internet connection has something to do with the computer you own. Go on, enlight me.
    You, are completely delisional and live in your own little egocentric bubble.

Ho and steam games are on geforce now, because geforce now runs game you bought on different libraries. That's the point. They just rent hardware. It's nothing alike crappy Stadia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    It's nothing alike crappy Stadia.
    They're both just renting hardware from the cloud. They both have the same technical problems. They're both pretty irrelevant and barely used by anyone. The only real difference is Google has their bases covered and properly authorized games and Nvidia is just logging into your steam or bnet or other accounts and getting told by publishers to block their games over and over again because it's unauthorized streaming of their IP.

They're both just renting hardware from the cloud. They both have the same technical problems. They're both pretty irrelevant and barely used by anyone. The only real difference is Google has their bases covered and properly authorized games and Nvidia is just logging into your steam or bnet or other accounts and getting told by publishers to block their games over and over again because it's unauthorized streaming of their IP.
    No it's nothing alike. Stadia rent hardware so you can play games you bought on their crappy solution. Geforce now rent hardware so you can play games you bought. Stadia is like changing your computer and having to buy your games all over again.
    That's why crappy companies prefer that.

Hahha, blizzard and activision still trend chasing, they want a piece of that cake too, only to release something similar, only it's complete garbage as everything else they make these days

That's why crappy companies prefer that.
    Yea because nvidia is a good guy corporation looking out for you amirite? Oh wait, nvm.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Hahha, blizzard and activision still trend chasing, they want a piece of that cake too, only to release something similar, only it's complete garbage as everything else they make these days
    Well that would atleast be some kind of usage for all the free server space from leaving players ... or the Heroes of the Storm hardware.

Yea because nvidia is a good guy corporation looking out for you amirite? Oh wait, nvm.
    Well NVIDIA never said "we decided to not let you play those games with our graphic card."
    They said " you can't play videogames on your old pc/mac? Okay, rent one of ours instead".
    Sounds way better.

Well NVIDIA never said "we decided to not let you play those games with our graphic card."
    They said " you can't play videogames on your old pc/mac? Okay, rent one of ours instead".
    Sounds way better.
    I mean, it's a fine idea, but they really should have secured the ol from the companies first lol, before anything went live

Sounds way better.
    Sure if you pay us monthly, and probably won't be able to play all the games you want to because we haven't ran through official channels to get them so publishers can yank them on us at any minute.

Good guy nvidia selling you snake oil.

How the F is windows going to all of a sudden give my computer more horsepower?
    It isn't, but OTOH it's a fucking Mac Pro.

It plays games, especially one like WoW, just fine, believe me. Because it's CPU bound and the CPU/cooling in the Mac Pro is completely sick.

And if it isn't to your satisfaction, put a Radeon VII into it.

Why on Earth would you stream WoW to a Mac Pro?

I've never seen anything this ridiculous.

I wish I had a Mac Pro. If it'd been half the price (which, given the components, would have been quite reasonable) I'd have bought it as a gaming computer. No joke.