Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Soooo just tell them you're taking a break in whatever attendance forum you have an be done with it?

No ghosting isn't cool if they expect you to show up....

Exit discord after? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifts View Post
    My dad did this once
    I dont think that I have laughed so hard in a while
    Thanks man

Saying "I'm qutting the game" without anything else added is about a million times better than not saying anything.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean just hit the GM or some officer and say you want to quit for personal reasons and that's it.

It happens, and has happened a lot in my guild the last few weeks.

If you ghost, it sucks and they will keep thinking something bad happened to you, I'm sure you made some friends along the way so it's the least you can do. Show some respect to them.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Is it bad form to just quit the game and not saying anything to my guild who heavily invest in its members? They have a webpage, discord, raid signups and do split-runs so I have to raid twice/week. I don't wanna deal with explanations I just wanna disappear from the game with no excuses or stress.
    "hey guys, thanks for everything, gonna take a break for a bit - best of luck!"

Its really that simple.

Ultimately it's a game, not a job, if you really want to ghost and not say anything, you can do it.

But its nice to let them know, if you care at all about them. Also, officers to usually care why people are leaving, if you honestly tell them why, they can maybe improve things if possible for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit rude but in the end it's a game, life goes on. Just do what you feel like doing.

Quote Originally Posted by heateffect View Post
    If you're vital to the guild just send someone a PM before you bail and leave it at that
    says who? its strangers on the internet, and OP said they are leaving for good. its polite to do so, giving a heads up. but it is never ever required. you dont owe them a thing, they owe you nothing. that is the reality of this selfish world. but if you choose the negative approach to leaving, there is zero consequences to yourself, and one shouldnt feel bad about it. its polite to say, hey im done fill my hole, i quit; over their waiting for a couple weeks for you to return, but there is no reason to feel obligated to do so. its more a reflection of your self and nothing more, to inform them or not. and no shame or guilt should be leveraged against you for leaving. thats why some people pop out of the game stealthily in the first place. they dont want to deal with the sudden back lash of whiney guildies, especially if they have your realID or any other form of communication outside of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifts View Post
    My dad did this once
    I read this thinking "huh, your dad quit WoW by doing thaooooOHHHHHHHHHH, that's what he meant! >_<" ;P

It is. If you're not happy what the guild is offering - just dont join. If you stuck around and it got to the point that you rather disappear than deal with it then it's only your fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    says who? its strangers on the internet
    Oh please just go back to retail with that attitude.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It is. If you're not happy what the guild is offering - just dont join. If you stuck around and it got to the point that you rather disappear than deal with it then it's only your fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please just go back to retail with that attitude.
    i like how you cut out 97% of what i said. and didnt include the part of how doing so is a reflection of who you are as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Is it bad form to just quit the game and not saying anything to my guild who heavily invest in its members? They have a webpage, discord, raid signups and do split-runs so I have to raid twice/week. I don't wanna deal with explanations I just wanna disappear from the game with no excuses or stress.
    Depends on you, the guild and how long you've been a member. If you're a regular raider or if you're someone the guild has come to rely on on raids.

It can be something as simple as "Decided to leave, best of luck going forward!" or as detailed as you want.

If you're on a random guild, with no connection to any member, just leaving is perfectly acceptable as well, but a "gl hf" doesn't harm.

2 pages full of text for that bad trolling try ?
    sorry ppl, but this question cant be meant serious, expect op is 6 years old, like det said.

This thread required triple the effort saying goodbye would have taken. Either the OP is a bonafide sociopath and doesn't realize this; or, more likely, this is a surface level attempt to get people riled up over the realization that sometimes people suck and forget to say goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Grouping up and other social connections are not a "core" part of WoW, whatever that means. You can enjoy most of WoW's content without ever being in a group and with the chat off.

"but da M in MMO stans fer multie player ya haff 2 play wit me"

No.
    Excuse me?

This is a thread about Classic, not retail. I'm waiting in anticipation for your videos of soloing Scholomance, Strat UD, Molten Core, Ony, Blackwing Lair, soloing your way to R10+ in WSG or AV. Sure, solo content exists, like Winterspring Frostsaber rep grind, or Timbermaw Hold rep grind, but the solo content is minimal compared to the group content.

Again, since we're talking about Classic, I really want to see you levelling professions without interacting with others. How are you gonna make your Runed Arcanite Rod as an Enchanter if you don't talk with a Blacksmith and haggle the price of the 3 Arcanite Bars you need? Hell, I AM an Enchanter - how will I make money off of my Prof if I don't chill in SW/IF spamming my macro, discussing materials with clients, and getting payed fees for enchanting their gear?

Like I said, sure, you can play WoW solo, but you're missing on 90% of the game. Also, simply stating "No" is in no way, shape or form constructive discussion =)

Then again, I'm an expressive extrovert. I'm the guy who cracks jokes/starts up banter on Discord while we're raiding (when we don't need to full focus, obviously), the de facto Guild Enchanter (due to the effort I put in gathering all recipes/reputation grinds for recipes) who knows all the raiders by name since I enchant their gear on a weekly basis, the guy who logs on Disc before logging into the game. That's just me though, that's what gives life to the game for me, that's why I'm playing a 15yr old game instead of retail. This shit don't exist on retail, and if it does, it's in small-knit groups for 20man mythic raiding and 5man M+ key pushing. Not a whole fucking regiment of 55 people

Playing WoW solo would be so, so sad for me, I probably wouldn't do it, straight up. Again, that's just me though.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-02-17 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    says who? its strangers on the internet, and OP said they are leaving for good. its polite to do so, giving a heads up. but it is never ever required. you dont owe them a thing, they owe you nothing. that is the reality of this selfish world. but if you choose the negative approach to leaving, there is zero consequences to yourself, and one shouldnt feel bad about it. its polite to say, hey im done fill my hole, i quit; over their waiting for a couple weeks for you to return, but there is no reason to feel obligated to do so. its more a reflection of your self and nothing more, to inform them or not. and no shame or guilt should be leveraged against you for leaving. thats why some people pop out of the game stealthily in the first place. they dont want to deal with the sudden back lash of whiney guildies, especially if they have your realID or any other form of communication outside of the game.
    The fuck are you babbling about

It's quite a display of cowardice to simply leaving the game without a word and/or warning. Especially if in a guild that has some sort of use for you and would usually rely on your aid (ie, progression PvE guilds).

Be the positive change in the world and take responsability of your actions - whether RL or online.

I love all the edgy replies where people start out all "It's a free world be the bastard you want to be" then immediately follow it up with excuses as to why thats actually pretty cuntish.

Take ownership of being a bastard or advise against it, but sort out your dissonance, people.

"Of course theres nothing wrong with it - everyone in the world is a bastard. Oh except..."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Playing WoW solo would be so, so sad for me, I probably wouldn't do it, straight up. Again, that's just me though.
    Bottom line is WoW isn't a good RPG so anyone who *wants* to play it solo is essentially saying "While there are all these amazing single player games tailored for players like me I'm gonna go play a really really crap version of them with a bunch of people I don't want to talk to"

I mean, it *is* a free world but you have to kinda pity anyone that dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Last time I quit the game I told my GM/Raidleader two weeks before: "I will be gone in two weeks/IDs. I don't want loot, bench me if you have enough people and look for replacements"

I know that raidleading and beeing GM is a hard job that is mostly not fun. So why make it harder then it should be.

Just leave don't worry about it. /gquit though don't make them have to kick your character out.