Poll: Will we, the players, have any say in the matter?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I would hope this is what we all want, retail to actually be good again. Hopefully the popularity of Classic will help with this.
    well given the popularity of classic worked the same way as for every wow expansion - huge peak and then rolling down the hill - im not sure how that could help anything...

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And """top guilds""" are <1% of the playerbase.

Why do we get all whiny and cry that things are too easy when only <1% of the playerbase is clearing things quickly?
    Weekly pug run cleared BWL in around 5 hrs, with trash gear and only half of us knew eachother from previous pug runs. BWL is a huge step up from MC, but it’s still extremely pug friendly.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    in 2.4.3 the hp was reduced
    that was 5%. Not 40% lol.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I think it's inevitable. They said during Blizzcon Q&A's that they were open to the idea providing Classic proved successful. I personally think the schedule will go something like;

Launch - August
    BG's - December
    BWL - February
    ZG - April
    AQ event - May
    AQ open - June
    Naxx - September

TBC announcement - Blizzcon (November)

TBC probably wouldn't need a very long, if any Beta testing since so much of the Beta testing for Classic was Stability testing and they'll be internally testing the PvE content months in advance. Maybe looking at a Q2 2021 launch.

They've realised that a lot of Classic players just stop playing when they're done with each raid and they need to keep up with player interest.

I'd love to see it.
    I'd be very curious how they'd handle the Arena seasons, since each season was balanced differently.
    There was also the soft blocking of T5 content behind needing to have so many clears of prior raids that you had such a difficult time actually getting people into the raids. If it's 2.3 balance that'll be skipped.
    I'm sure there are plenty of other problems in the line, but I'd still like to see it.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Re-releaseing tbc with the tuning of the last patch will be just as big a disaster for the pve content that wow classic has been.

The nerfs to content that came in several waves over the patches and buffs to classes that came out during tbc was enourmous.
    They wouldn't need to do that with TBC if they have the patch archives. I seem to recall them saying with Classic they HAD to use the latest patch as it was the first one they'd found archives for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    classic tripled their revenue so its safe to assume Classic has 3x more players than retail currently. TBC will be inevitable if they want to hold those numbers.
    The only people who say stupid nonsense like that are people who don't actually play Retail and only play Classic so they don't really have a grasp of the reality of just how many more people actually play Retail. I'm not hating on Classic -- I like it. But it's small fry in comparison in terms of playerbase size.

Classic tripled their revenue for a month or two because people obviously re-subbed to 'check it out'. Then the tourists moved on. That's how it has always worked and always will work.

And this same reason is why TBC is a no-brainer. There would once again be that enormous burst of re-subs for relatively (compared to Retail) little work required, and by a much smaller team. People can argue otherwise as much as they want, but ActiBlizz are a business which means their goal is to make money, so they'll go where the easy money is, love it or hate it.
    Last edited by Will; 2020-02-23 at 03:04 AM.

TBC is a must, poll or no poll. I (and many others) would resub for TBC for certain.

I started playing WoW during the middle of TBC and by the time I hit level 70 the Isle of Quel 'Danas/Sunwell Plateau patch was about a month or so in. Nostalgia is a big factor here but I never had so much fun as I did back in TBC. If they make TBC like they have done WoW Classic then they will keep my subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

The only people who say stupid nonsense like that are people who don't actually play Retail and only play Classic so they don't really have a grasp of the reality of just how many more people actually play Retail. I'm not hating on Classic -- I like it. But it's small fry in comparison in terms of playerbase size.

Classic tripled their revenue for a month or two because people obviously re-subbed to 'check it out'. Then the tourists moved on. That's how it has always worked and always will work.

classic created a single highest increase in subscribtions in the history of the game, even now wow subs remain at a double of what they were before Classic release(and the numbers are being compared to early july right after the release of 8.2, so you cant tie these high sub numbers to the release of 8.3, unless you think 8.3 drew way more people back than 8.2 with new zones and stuff)

also i bet a huge chunk of tourists were current retail players, so that argument doesn't work

obviously classic didn't retain an insane amount of players it had in the beginning, but i'm pretty sure it still has a lot more players than you think.. and possibly more players than retail.. it's extremely popular in the east

i agree that TBC is a no brainer ofc

Re-releaseing tbc with the tuning of the last patch will be just as big a disaster for the pve content that wow classic has been.

The nerfs to content that came in several waves over the patches and buffs to classes that came out during tbc was enourmous.
    Yep.
    TBC needs to be 2.1 or not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    even now wow subs remain at a double of what they were before Classic release
    Source please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Source please?
    I'm interested to see those numbers as well...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be ironic if they released TBC with flying even though the classic playerbase hates it.

Of course it will happen, after 6 months of Naxxramas, a LOT of the players will have no reason to play Classic and it will then swap to the private server crowd mostly.

What people fail to understand is that it doesn't mean Classic servers will vanish, you can just chose your WOW flavor to play... just won't have 50 servers as people will be more distributed.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about TBC+ /discuss.

They have more granularity to the patches in TBC than they did with Classic -- classic they didn't have the incremental builds.

Certainly they couldn't use the last patch; it had a 30% nerf to most content and all the attunements were eliminated as I remember.

They'd need to step it back to Sunwell level patch at the most. Ideally they follow the patch cycle as best as possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Certainly they couldn't use the last patch; it had a 30% nerf to most content and all the attunements were eliminated as I remember.
    The last patch was the Wrath pre-patch. It wasn't really a BC patch. The last version of BC is 2.4.3 and they should use that because like with Vanilla a lot of the design of classes was broken earlier on in BC then later on. Nevermind that many bugs that plagued earlier versions. I played retail BC from beginning to end and through most of the content when it was relevant and I really wouldn't recommend that Blizzard do anything outside of releasing 2.4.3 with the gear for it ( though obviously not having badge gear for ZA available at launch for clear reasons ).

Should it be buffed? To some extent I think there's room but mainly for an HP buff.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    It would be ironic if they released TBC with flying even though the classic playerbase hates it.
    Vanilla players would be destroyed by BC raids. they are like 13 X harder than what vanilla ever was. Except for Kara. Classicists would probably just raid Kara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh no please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Well I mean BC released with flying... if they’re gonna make BC servers, they’re going to have flying on them.

At any rate, people paying money for a temporary nostalgia hit to pump more funds into actual WoW? Sure, why not. People can go farm coilfang armaments and get their tanks poached after gearing them up for BT all over again.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.