Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    That's just not true, let's not lie xD
    You can easily compare the amount of logs from classic vs retail

Classic undoubtedly has more people raiding and it’s a monumental jump between the two

Go ahead and count Mc and bwl logs total, and then compare to the recent raid in retail. Retail raid #’s are at their lowest point in wow history

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I'd say it shows that there's a problem with retails raiding. People prefer simpler fights
    Ok. But regardless, there are more people raiding in classic than in retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Maybe they can poll the AI and figure out why their game sucks.

I'd say it shows that there's a problem with retails raiding. People prefer simpler fights
    It isn’t the fights but the rewards that’s the problem. Retail has a “everyone is special and gets a slice” mentality. No one is left out and that’s boring

Classic actually rewards your work with gear that provides real power, and longevity. You don’t have to farm the same gear every season like it’s diablo 3

Can someone post some numbers that prove any of that? I don't wanna see some 6 month old statistics from MC.

Real numbers from players compared to real numbers from retail. Taking a look at those posted statistics in this thread there are at least 6 times more guilds logging in Nyalotha than in BWL. But what's the point? This says nothing about the # of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Can someone post some numbers that prove any of that? I don't wanna see some 6 month old statistics from MC.

Real numbers from players compared to real numbers from retail. Taking a look at those posted statistics in this thread there are at least 6 times more guilds logging in Nyalotha than in BWL. But what's the point? This says nothing about the # of players.
    Nyalotha has been out 2 months. Bwl not even a full week yet.

Go ahead and compare logs of this week and come back. You’ll just make an excuse tho

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    You can easily compare the amount of logs from classic vs retail

Classic undoubtedly has more people raiding and it’s a monumental jump between the two

Go ahead and count Mc and bwl logs total, and then compare to the recent raid in retail. Retail raid #’s are at their lowest point in wow history
    Normal Nyalotha got more than twice as many guilds than BWL.. and that's just normal difficulty.

15+ Year Old Account
    It isn’t the fights but the rewards that’s the problem. Retail has a “everyone is special and gets a slice” mentality. No one is left out and that’s boring

Classic actually rewards your work with gear that provides real power, and longevity. You don’t have to farm the same gear every season like it’s diablo 3
    I'd also say the fights are more enjoyable. I love tanking but hate it in retail wow for an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    BfA is over though and SL is months and months away, you don't find ads for bfa anymore cos bfa is done, why would you want to attract new players to dead content?

BfA had its rather extensive ad run back when it came out. In a few months when SL has a firm release date then it will begone its ad run.
    Bfa is dead content, yet 15 year old wow content we've played before is brand new? Or what are you trying to say here?

Nyalotha has been out 2 months. Bwl not even a full week yet.

Go ahead and compare logs of this week and come back. You’ll just make an excuse tho
    an excuse like: "LOL BWL NOT EVEN A WEEK OUT!" ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal Nyalotha got more than twice as many guilds than BWL.. and that's just normal difficulty.
    and how many of them are 10 man guilds?

Bfa is dead content, yet 15 year old wow content we've played before is brand new? Or what are you trying to say here?
    He makes bizarre statements all the time, it's amusing.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-02-17 at 03:45 PM.

Bwl has more people in it that nyalotha. Fact

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...1&difficulty=4

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...ogress&boss=-1

There are more than twice as many people in classic raids than retail raids.
    Orly? Heroic and norm go up to 35 and mythic is set 20.

It’s not an excuse when it’s a fact. It hasn’t been out a week yet

You wanna go back further go compare Mc raid #s vs the retail raid at the same time. You won’t like the answer

- - - Updated - - -

Orly? Heroic and norm go up to 35 and mythic is set 20.
    He wasn’t quoting or saying retail couldn’t do 30+ players.

He was just pointing out that classic has more people raiding atm

I'd also say the fights are more enjoyable. I love tanking but hate it in retail wow for an example.

Classic appeals to people who like dead content, it's made for nostalgia. Retail needs constant new content or people drop off, we have known that for ages.

Classic appeals to people who like dead content, it's made for nostalgia. Retail needs constant new content or people drop off, we have known that for ages.
    The reward structure is more valuable and rewarding in classic tho. It isn’t just nostalgia it’s a better built mmo rpg. Retail is more of an mmo arpg at this point. It’s more diablo 3 than Everquest

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    And when would you release it? 3 months in, when you're done with the patch? Or as the patch drops, when you're excited for new content?
    People should already be excited for a new ptch, its a dumb business move to make the cost of an sub cheaper for 1 month, but hey. Tell yourself whatever makes you feel better mate!

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    Since Classic was released, we have seen a drop in players in US, but not to the extend people were expecting. Our server is thriving so much that when Ony head is about to be dropped, the lag in Org feels like they are about to crash the server, as much as a 30sec to 1min delay.

The big ticket proof that Classic is more popular is Blizzard's advertisement to get new players to WoW. Blizzard isn't trying to pull new players touting retail WoW, but using Classic as a selling point for new players to subscribe. Currently in the US, Blizzard is offering 50% to new players for Classic. As we all know, classic is tied to the retail subscription, which in essence means that new players are getting BFA for 50% off. But the specific wording is "World of Warcraft: Classic".

TLDR: Blizzard is advertising for new players, using Classic WoW, proving Classic WoW is more popular.
    They literally had the exact same deal for current wow 2 months ago, advertised to retail. So by your own argument, retail was more popular than classic two months ago.

It’s not an excuse when it’s a fact. It hasn’t been out a week yet

You wanna go back further go compare Mc raid #s vs the retail raid at the same time. You won’t like the answer

- - - Updated - - -

He wasn’t quoting or saying retail couldn’t do 30+ players.

He was just pointing out that classic has more people raiding atm
    Why you keep refering to MC statistics? Take a look at MC and BWL and you will see a MASIVE decline. I would be worried as Classic only player.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't know what "tanking very hard" means. Obviously everyone at all times applied their own metrics between 2004-2020 how badly WoW was suffering "because reasons"

See...the guys behind SW:ToR recently said how happy they were, that the game made one billion dollars. Well, this game has the HUGE SW universe and fanbase behind them and made one billion dollars in 9 years. Sounds awesome, right...and boy I wish I had a piece of that cake.

Meh...WotLK with 12 million subs made pretty much that from the box sales and the subs (feel free to correct my math...I guess something something China). Obviously I have no idea about the expectations that is put on the performance of WoW...at this point I am just pretty impressed that this supposedly dead horse is still alive. MAUs don't sound so bad, guess we will again know more soon how it was in Q1 2020.

So yeah...again...I don't know what "tanking very hard" means. Like everyone I have my own anecdotal evidence of always and at all times of the day finding ppl to play with and other players around me. Not as many as 2004-2010...sure, but still...
    I mend as in the big dropoff from the original release, about 75-90% quit within 3 months, theirs still a large playerbase. Just not that impressive as how big it started. Still a good income source for blizz tho.

Why you keep refering to MC statistics? Take a look at MC and BWL and you will see a MASIVE decline. I would be worried as Classic only player.
    Are you just trolling?

First off, we know there was a drop off... but considering classic more than doubled (almost tripled) wow sub #’s according to activision themselves, I’d still bet classic has more weekly players than retail.

Secondly, I brought up Mc because you are determined to compare a 2 month old raid to a raid 5 days old.

So compare the player counts of bwl this week vs nyalotha. Not the guild count, the player count.

Come back after you’ve eaten that humble pie

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    Since Classic was released, we have seen a drop in players in US, but not to the extend people were expecting. Our server is thriving so much that when Ony head is about to be dropped, the lag in Org feels like they are about to crash the server, as much as a 30sec to 1min delay.

The big ticket proof that Classic is more popular is Blizzard's advertisement to get new players to WoW. Blizzard isn't trying to pull new players touting retail WoW, but using Classic as a selling point for new players to subscribe. Currently in the US, Blizzard is offering 50% to new players for Classic. As we all know, classic is tied to the retail subscription, which in essence means that new players are getting BFA for 50% off. But the specific wording is "World of Warcraft: Classic".

TLDR: Blizzard is advertising for new players, using Classic WoW, proving Classic WoW is more popular.
    [X] Doubt.

And just fyi, they had 50% offering a few months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Ok. But regardless, there are more people raiding in classic than in retail.
    I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that once you've done a few dungeons to get some pre-raid in classic there is absolutely no other PVE content than raiding which is also a joke for the most part.