Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...1&difficulty=4

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...ogress&boss=-1

There are more than twice as many people in classic raids than retail raids.
    Not exactly true speaking that lfr and normal/heroic have up to 30 people. Meaning it's only 10 less.

But yeah retail wow also has waaaaaaay less people who log.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I mean I literally had an ad for BFA just last night while watching YouTube on my phone in bed... They are running ads for it.
    possible they are, what you see depends on what you usually watch and what the algorithm decides to show you, i haven't seen anything at all for wow in a very long time, but bar here and wow head i don't watch or view any wow related media.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    theres nothing prestigious in wow anymore retail or classic, its just loot. any one can get it.
    Oh yeah that’s why you have ironfoe right? And why you lied about giving a hpally a binding?

You are a liar and troll

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Ok. But regardless, there are more people raiding in classic than in retail.
    No there isn't, you have yet to give proof of such.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Oh yeah that’s why you have ironfoe right? And why you lied about giving a hpally a binding?

You are a liar and troll
    This is what I apologized for earlier lol. Bringing MonsterHunter back.. What Have I done?! /sigh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolished View Post
    They literally had the exact same deal for current wow 2 months ago, advertised to retail. So by your own argument, retail was more popular than classic two months ago.
    That was for Christmas.
    This is for literally no reason other then "please come try classic"

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    This is what I apologized for earlier lol. Bringing MonsterHunter back.. What Have I done?! /sigh
    Dude is a liar and a troll. Period

I asked him simply to tell us his character name and we can find him on ironforge pro

I asked 100% knowing he couldn’t produce because he is a liar so I was happy to point out his bs

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    Since Classic was released, we have seen a drop in players in US, but not to the extend people were expecting. Our server is thriving so much that when Ony head is about to be dropped, the lag in Org feels like they are about to crash the server, as much as a 30sec to 1min delay.

The big ticket proof that Classic is more popular is Blizzard's advertisement to get new players to WoW. Blizzard isn't trying to pull new players touting retail WoW, but using Classic as a selling point for new players to subscribe. Currently in the US, Blizzard is offering 50% to new players for Classic. As we all know, classic is tied to the retail subscription, which in essence means that new players are getting BFA for 50% off. But the specific wording is "World of Warcraft: Classic".

TLDR: Blizzard is advertising for new players, using Classic WoW, proving Classic WoW is more popular.
    Funny, because when Blizzard advertises this exact thing on Retail the Blizzard haters and Classic lovers/Retail haters all say the game is dying and Blizzard is desperate for subs.
    Can’t have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    That was for Christmas.
    This is for literally no reason other then "please come try classic"
    Other than the new raid coming out lol. That’s a huge selling point and retail Does it every patch or new raid release too

That isn’t pooping on retail or classic... that’s just good business imho

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    In all fairness, servers are "connected" in retail, so if anything, retail servers are made to feel/look bigger than they are.
    which is not in conflict with what i said, that there is way more of them and they are subjected to sharding...

7+ Year Old Account
    And classic STILL has more people raiding than retail. That’s an indictment on retail raiding. Don’t forget that during your childish trolling.
    You still haven't posted any evidence of that btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Retail feels like a desert full of emptyness from what i have hard.
    No clue though, i am unsubbed for a while now. WoW is no longer worth the money/time :/
    From what you've heard? Well you have heard wrong. It is still very packed. I still run into massive groups in the world, and the group finder is still stuffed full.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Nono, classic is dead:
    reminds me of neewhome during pvp events

And classic STILL has more people raiding than retail. That’s an indictment on retail raiding. Don’t forget that during your childish trolling.
    You are confusing ppl raiding with people clearing raids - and you no doubt completely exclude LFR, despite that being the comparable difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are confusing ppl raiding with people clearing raids - and you no doubt completely exclude LFR, despite that being the comparable difficulty.
    which was also said by blizzard to be actualy the most used difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Nono, classic is dead:
    I get your point but because of "glory" of sharding you will never see that in retail.

So classic could seem more populated since they collapsed the layers and the population is entirely localized, but that doesn't mean it is.

You are a liar and troll
    its not me walking about thinking a mace from a 5man is prestigious haha

7+ Year Old Account
    It’s usually the retail crowd constantly trying to tear down the classic crowd because either their guild folded for classic, they lost friends fo classic or “they simple don’t understand how people could enjoy older content”

Classic players will mock the retail game, but they tend to just play classic and don’t make forum threads too often.

But there are daily anti classic threads here from the pro retail crowd. Every chance they get.

There’s room for both versions of wow to co exist but the retail crowd had got to let the classic hate go
    Lolool fucking what? "It's usually the retail crowd trying to tear down classic crowd" did someone buy this account? Cause no way anyone who has been here more then a single week would beleive such dribble. This thread alone is the opposite, and every week there is atlesst 3 others like this created.

The classic crowd is always trying to shit on retail and talk about how it's dead and classic is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    That's not true. BWL is comparable in difficulty to Mythic Nyalotha and considering how many guilds already cleared the only logical conclusion is that all the best guilds quit retail and moved over to Classic when that came out.

It kind of seems like most guilds have just consolidated onto a few servers, giving the impression that the game is packed when a few of the realms have completely died. I don't think the playerbase is nearly as high as some people would like to think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    That's not true. BWL is comparable in difficulty to Mythic Nyalotha and considering how many guilds already cleared the only logical conclusion is that all the best guilds quit retail and moved over to Classic when that came out.

hahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaahah

*deep breath*

hahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    Do you have any idea how long it could take to get some of that gear to drop? Our top dps still hasn't gotten Savage Glad Chest from BRD yet, after around 300+ times going into there. Our tank tried over 600+ times to get Ironfoe that I thought he lived in BRD. Btw, he is in there now as I type this still going at it. He does about 40 runs a day as he is retired. You can't say just because it's a 5 man dungeon that it is so easy to get the gear.
    So they have shit luck. Welcome to both versions of wow.
    My friend got ironfoe first run. At level 57.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TransMog View Post
    Launcher:
    Yeah? If you wait a second it will also change to an 8.3 ad. He's talking add on the internet, where they actually matter, as they bring in players. That one on the launcher is just to inform you the new stuff in each version.