Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can I take a second to appreciate how this thread has literally devolved into "come at me bro" in the last two pages?

Thanks. Continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    so your afraid then. dont you have ironfoe? surly you could beat me.
    Eugenik was sent proof and he can back it up.

You would do nothing but troll and harass considering the lack of maturity you’ve shown today.

Why open myself up to your juvenile trolling in game too considering your attitude here?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    No, that’s not how prestige works. Rarity depends on the item, prestige depends on perception. If it’s something rare but no one gives a shit that you have it then there’s no prestige to be had.
    You understand that AND connects two things together, right? Being rare AND sought after.. Ironfoe fits that description to a T.

No, that’s not how prestige works. Rarity depends on the item, prestige depends on perception. If it’s something rare but no one gives a shit that you have it then there’s no prestige to be had.
    Correct, cars mean nothing to some. Others value basketball cards for example. Some shoes. Etc

There’s prestige in everything, even retail. But it’s usually in the form of mounts, achievements, and pets that outlast seasons

So, let me get this straight.

- When they do a sale for Retail on either expansions or subs or make offers for the 6-month sub plan, it's because "Retail is dying lolo desperate company!!"
    - When they do a sale for Classic, it's because it's soooooooo much more popular and doing sooooooooo well that they can barely contain it and just feel compelled to try and draw more people's attention to it...?

What an utterly amazing display of the mental gymnastics employed by Classic fans.

Must say I'm surprised this thread is still open, but then again if Classic fans weren't allowed to post these kinds of threads, they'd hardly have a reason to post at all.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Seeing people with a full set of T3 in vanilla was prestigious. I was in awe of the BAMF's wearing that, or the like 1 person I saw with Atiesh on my server. Prior to that, nothing else ever made much of an impression on me, besides High Warlord I guess. That's just me though. It's impacts people differently.
    but that all goes when you consider classic raids are getting nuked on release by thousands. the whole prestige is gonna be shot when most of the server who raid will eventually have all that gear.

having t1 / t2 / t3 WAS prestigious back in real vanilla, because few had those items and people believed getting them required a lot of skill, we now know that isn't the case hundreds/thousands of people are now getting those items with very little effort.

its like they released gen 1 Pokemon cards but stuffed a 1st ed charizard in each pack, kinda dispels the illusion of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    He is talking about sense of reward not about how much items you get. Its gard for game to feel rewarding when you are showered by epics for doing mindless content.
    You mean like content such as MC and BWL? LFR is harder then this. How rewarding can it be to have to turn up every week to mindlessly press a button or two? How is that a more rewarding feeling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Correct, cars mean nothing to some. Others value basketball cards for example. Some shoes. Etc

There’s prestige in everything, even retail. But it’s usually in the form of mounts, achievements, and pets that outlast seasons
    size of audience, matters. classic wow is a tiny game. wow as a whole is a tiny audience now. so its less dude with sports car, more dude with a weird collection of niche action men, only any one can get one and it just take grinding an easy thing to get them that could take a long time or could take one run depending entirely on rng and the item unlike the sports car only indicates some luck not any measurement of the persons skills or wealth or status.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    That's not true. BWL is comparable in difficulty to Mythic Nyalotha
    Oof, this comment hurts. Did you forget that BWL was cleared in 42 minutes, while Mythic N'Zoth boss alone took five days...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Oof, this comment hurts. Did you forget that BWL was cleared in 42 minutes, while Mythic N'Zoth boss alone took five days...
    He is wrong to say it's comparable to mythic N'zoth (more like heroic), BUT that comparison of yours is also extremely disingenuous. Imagine if the top raiding guilds had years of practice on Mythic N'zoth, or even months, before it released. It would die opening night every time. Blizz doesn't test mythic raids for exactly that reason as a matter of fact.

The guilds clearing BWL in 42 minutes are the world first guilds comparable to the world first guilds in Retail. MOST guilds haven't cleared BWL yet at all because it is a huge jump up from MC, and many have never been in BWL at all so there's learning curves.

the guilds clearing BWL that fast have been doing it as a group for years.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You mean like content such as MC and BWL? LFR is harder then this. How rewarding can it be to have to turn up every week to mindlessly press a button or two? How is that a more rewarding feeling?
    some people are taking wow classic way to seriously for what it is considering after nax its going nowhere. others know this it find it kinda sad.
    some watch this and think cool, i watch it and think fuck me thats cringe.

- - - Updated - - -

He is wrong to say it's comparable to mythic N'zoth (more like heroic), BUT that comparison of yours is also extremely disingenuous. Imagine if the top raiding guilds had years of practice on Mythic N'zoth, or even months, before it released. It would die opening night every time. Blizz doesn't test mythic raids for exactly that reason as a matter of fact.

The guilds clearing BWL in 42 minutes are the world first guilds comparable to the world first guilds in Retail. MOST guilds haven't cleared BWL yet at all because it is a huge jump up from MC, and many have never been in BWL at all so there's learning curves.

the guilds clearing BWL that fast have been doing it as a group for years.
    heroic takes a lot more than 42 mins to clear even for very good guilds. it also took longer to clear on the first night.

my rule of thumb, is players like esfand and asmongold can do it. its probably LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You understand that AND connects two thing together, right? Being rare AND sought after.. Ironfoe fits that description to a T.
    There’s more to it, though. Especially from a video game perspective where most people you see and interact with are essentially strangers.

Prestige suggests respect and admiration. No one really cares about the individual that has the item though, they just want a copy of the item. Given time and luck, anyone can get an Ironfoe. It might be a nice item to have and desirable by certain players, but it’s not something worthy of respect or admiration. Desirability and prestige aren’t the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They'll try to gymnastic their way out of this any which way they can. One of the fallacies being that "people have had so many years to practice on private servers!!!"...

Meanwhile, entirely blue people never having cleared the content in neither Vanilla nor in a PS setting, downed the raid just fine within the first 48 hours.

There’s more to it, though. Especially from a video game perspective where most people you see and interact with are essentially strangers.

Prestige suggests respect and admiration. No one really cares about the individual that has the item though, they just want a copy of the item. Given time and luck, anyone can get an Ironfoe. It might be a nice item to have and desirable by certain players, but it’s not something worthy of respect or admiration. Desirability and prestige aren’t the same thing.
    Thanks for your opinion. I strongly disagree with you, even though youve moved the goal posts.

As noted above, desirability and prestige aren’t the same thing. Yeah, I’d love to have a Ferrari (to sell), but I don’t have any particular admiration or respect for someone else who has one. Maybe admiration of the craftsmanship, but not of the individual.

As noted above, desirability and prestige aren’t the same thing. Yeah, I’d love to have a Ferrari (to sell), but I don’t have any particular admiration or respect for someone else who has one. Maybe admiration of the craftsmanship, but not of the individual.
    The item is prestigious you dolt, not the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    but that all goes when you consider classic raids are getting nuked on release by thousands. the whole prestige is gonna be shot when most of the server who raid will eventually have all that gear.

having t1 / t2 / t3 WAS prestigious back in real vanilla, because few had those items and people believed getting them required a lot of skill, we now know that isn't the case hundreds/thousands of people are now getting those items with very little effort.

its like they released gen 1 Pokemon cards but stuffed a 1st ed charizard in each pack, kinda dispels the illusion of value.
    Oh ya, IMO, nothing has meant anything in Classic. At least for me, I'm sure it's because I've been there and done that, and we're armed with more knowledge than we could have dreamed of back when it was all fresh.

The only thing I'm curious about regarding Classic is seeing just how long it will take for Naxx to be cleared. Now that every guild will know EXACTLY what they will need (MC's for General, Tanks for 4 Horsemen, etc), we likely won't see the massive struggle that we did when it first launched. We might still see the poaching though, so I'm interested to see how it plays out.

The numbers just don't back this up.

Anyone can think anything they want, but there are actually numbers on this issue and the numbers don't lie.

They have already had to make some adjustments to classic due to population issues on some servers and there are far, far less classic servers than retail.

Its OK to like classic, and if you like classic better than retail- that's great, more power to you; but there is actual data on all this and I have yet to see one data set that says anything like that.....

Thanks for your opinion. I strongly disagree with you, even though youve moved the goal posts.
    he is correct. me wanting the thing is different from my respecting the person with it.

i want to win the lottery, i don't respect people who have won the lottery though, there just lucky, winning is no reflection on them and affords them no prestige not like actually earning the money.

ironfoe is classic titanforge, its just a badly itemized item that slipped through QA that your lucky to get, not a mark of anything beyond that.

I guess that’s one way to give up on an argument.

I mean, it’s in the very definition of the word and it goes right back to the original point of the discussion. What about an item that drops outside a raid is worthy of respect or admiration?