Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    The things Sanders has done and stands for are just as dishonest, more so when you base it on how he pretends he is above it all. Sanders is the worst person on that stage, I would take Warren over him and I loathe her. Sanders would devastate the economy in ways that could bring a second great depression. You guys have not researched the ideas he has/wants to implement. He is far and away the worst.
    it's cute that you think anyone here values your opinion on warren or bernie or anyone on the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Warren isn't having a bad night at all...
    Most of them have done well. Bloomberg is the obvious loser to me. Biden probably the 2nd weakest candidate for me, but he's had a couple of decent moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    From the perspective of most working Americans, doctors are generally regarded as "rich".

Hey, I'm fine with Bernie being rich. I kinda expect that the president, no matter who they are, will be rich. That doesn't really bother me. But there's Bernie top 5% and there's Bloomberg top 1% rich.

Oh, and Klobuchar needs to work on her poker face.
    What, you're not a fan of "ugh, Carol brought her fucking green bean casserole to the church potluck again?"

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Pete cuts down Klobuchar nicely and then ruins it by speaking Spanish.
    I can speak fluent Spanish and people still look at me like a martian. That is what he looks like, just when that Kennedy did it in an airport warehouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can pick a winner.
    Uh huh.

You picked a candidate so likeable he lost the popular vote to the tune of three million people to Hillary Fucking Clinton.

Sit down.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    OMG I'm loving Bloomberg right now

Bernie you are a DC elite millionaire
    none of what you just said makes any sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    What, you're not a fan of "ugh, Carol brought her fucking green bean casserole to the church potluck again?"

Actually it's her smirk and head shaking that are really the worst. But yeah.

Warren was REALLY on point tonight though, props to her. I'd like to see people tear into Pete for something other than his lack of experience but fuck, is there anything?

I think once Bloomberg is off the table all of these anti-rich arguments are gonna turn on Pete.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Uh huh.

You picked a candidate so likeable he lost the popular vote to the tune of three million people to Hillary Fucking Clinton.

Sit down.
    So she's President?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Pete cuts down Klobuchar nicely and then ruins it by speaking Spanish.
    He didn’t cut her down.

His argument was “out of three people you didn’t agree “ but half the party did. So trying to single her out is dumb. Like you’re a mayor. The other guy as also a mayor! And one isn’t currently in Washington. So.... the fuck is he on about.

10+ Year Old Account
    So she's President?
    "My candidate is so popular he needed an undemocratic electoral system to win" is not the defense you think it is.

Nor should anyone be listening to you since it's entirely possible you're afraid of Sanders and are trying to stoke doubt so the Democrats elect a candidate you think the fuhrer can defeat more easily.

Like I said. Sit down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early hot takes. Centrists, Moderates, very poor showing tonight. Warren personally destroyed all of them and Sanders played clean up.

Pete and Amy achieved nothing but pissing each other off.

Biden is still grossly out of touch.

Bloomberg is literally blue Trump.

Warren put up a great fight.

Sanders is consistent.

If the caucus was tomorrow I would say the Moderates would have a tough day ahead of them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    He didn’t cut her down.

His argument was “out of three people you didn’t agree “ but half the party did. So trying to single her out is dumb. Like you’re a mayor. The other guy as also a mayor! And one isn’t currently in Washington. So.... the fuck is he on about.
    It was nice to hear her actually voice the whole "You're not saying anything more than a bunch of buzzwords." in response to him.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Actually it's her smirk and head shaking that are really the worst. But yeah.

Warren was REALLY on point tonight though, props to her. I'd like to see people tear into Pete for something other than his lack of experience but fuck, is there anything?

I think once Bloomberg is off the table all of these anti-rich arguments are gonna turn on Pete.
    His inexperience is both a defense and a hindrance to his campaign; he simply hasn't *done* enough for there to be skeletons, especially when everyone else in the field is so old.

I agree with Endus though; if Pete actually does become the frontrunner we're going to see a lot more focus on his McKinsey work. And there are definitely sketchy things surrounding his time there.

WOW! Everyone but Bernie said that they should be allowed to steal the nomination from the leading candidate at the convention. All of these clowns think that Hillary should have been president for winning the popular vote, but they abandon democracy when it’s convenient to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    WOW! Everyone but Bernie said that they should be allowed to steal the nomination from the leading candidate at the convention.
    Everyone but Bernie gets how the Democratic primary rules work?

Fucking shocker. 2016 all over again.

Everyone but Bernie gets how the Democratic primary rules work?

Fucking shocker. 2016 all over again.
    You are so disingenuous. It’s disgusting.

WOW! Everyone but Bernie said that they should be allowed to steal the nomination from the leading candidate at the convention. All of these clowns think that Hillary should have been president for winning the popular vote, but they abandon democracy when it’s convenient to them
    Brokered convention is the worst possible outcome for Democrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goddamn Bernie has those sound bytes.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are so disingenuous. It’s disgusting.
    I mean I may be disingenuous but the shape of our democracy is the issue that affects every other issue.

Winners probably: Warren #1, Sanders #2.

No movement: Biden, Buttigieg, Amy.

Destroyed: Bloomberg.

Only reason I put Sanders in the winning instead of no movement is because I think he countered all the nonsense questions artfully.