10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    He literally lied under oath, same as Stone.

Here's a good article I just Googled up.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just crazy with all the people who had their hands in the cookie jar, some no-name political flunkie does the hard time. Anyone seen this movie before?
    That's an opinion piece, not an article.

Try again.

some no-name political flunkie
    Fucking what reality do you live in that Roger Stone, well known political operative whose shady work dates back to the Nixon era, is a "no-name political flunkie"?

What fantasy world is this, seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess it was six days ago. Seemed like I just heard about the McCabe decision just yesterday.
    But you're grossly misrepresenting the facts.

Stone was convicted because there was a case against him. And he just received a sentence that's less than half the federal sentencing guidelines following Barr involving himself in the case and the original prosecutors resigning out of protest.

McCabe never had a case made against him, just the DoJ lawyers stalling for time while taking pot-shots at him, ultimately culminating in them admitting they have no case against him, with the judge presiding excoriating them for what amounted to "banana republic" like behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fucking what reality do you live in that Roger Stone, well known political operative whose shady work dates back to the Nixon era, is a "no-name political flunkie"?

What fantasy world is this, seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Stone was convicted because there was a case against him. And he just received a sentence that's less than half the federal sentencing guidelines following Barr involving himself in the case and the original prosecutors resigning out of protest.

McCabe never had a case made against him, just the DoJ lawyers stalling for time while taking pot-shots at him, ultimately culminating in them admitting they have no case against him, with the judge presiding excoriating them for what amounted to "banana republic" like behavior.
    I mean he's not a key player at the top, he's a low-level political creature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Stone

For a "low-level political creature" he sure has an extensive history on Wikipedia covering his work with former presidents and presidential candidates.

This is a really bad attempt to dismiss the significance of Stone as a political player.

I mean one would have to be, well, not smart if they think that Barr who is Trumps bitch, wouldn't nail McCabe to the wall if he had anyway he could.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-02-20 at 08:14 PM.

LMAO, that is not true.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

I just threw out McCabe because it was so close to Stone's sentencing. But out of all the people involved It's just hilarious to me that Roger Stone is the one who got caught out. That's all.

I just threw out McCabe because it was so close to Stone's sentencing. But out of all the people involved It's just hilarious to me that Roger Stone is the one who got caught out. That's all.
    It's because your standards for corruption and criminality have been non-existent since 2016.

In an America where the Senate was not so compromised, Trump would be sitting in a detention cell in Fort Leavenworth right now.

His day will come.

trump having a temper tantrum on tv right now about stone.

"everybody knows roger" trump says while trumpadis say he was "low level"

He got convicted. Who else are you thinking about that hasn't been "caught"?

Manafort got nailed
    Flynn got nailed and is now fighting back
    Gates got nailed

Are there other parties that should be prosecuted that aren't being? What's the issue here?

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If Roger freaking Stone is the one who eats the biggest sentence at the end of all this it'll be a classic example of our two-tiered justice system.

I wasn't expecting or demanding McCabe do time, but it's quite the juxtaposition to watch McCabe skate and then hours later Stone is doing years.

Man.
    McCabe isn't out of the woods yet. The results of Durham's investigation are expected in May/June time frame.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Then why couldn't the DoJ actually bring a case against him? Why did the judge have to humiliate them for wasting so much time without actually doing anything?

If this was so clear cut, surely this would have been a similarly easy case for them to make, no?
    Exactly even with the DOJ in full lapdog mode to the president they still did not think they had a case they could bring to court vs McCabe. I am pretty sure given how much the president wanted it if there was any fig leaf of a case they could have used to justify charging Mccabe they would have done so. They tried for months and in the end couldn't actually do it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Stone

For a "low-level political creature" he sure has an extensive history on Wikipedia covering his work with former presidents and presidential candidates.

This is a really bad attempt to dismiss the significance of Stone as a political player.
    He's doing it, because he then won't have to deal with the fantasy world he lives in, where Trump is not a corrupt dipshit surrounded by crooks. If Stone is a nobody, (who Trumps keeps mentioning and defending), then Dacien can dismiss it as some rogue guy getting nailed by the "dirty dems".

Instead he should do some introspection, and ask himself why he defends a president who talks about pardoning a guy who lied for congress and harrassed a witness, it must be ok in his book then.

Maybe it's because he was actually guilty of a provable crime? I mean that in general is how things are supposed to work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Maybe it's because he was actually guilty of a provable crime? I mean that in general is how things are supposed to work.
    Federal prosecutors thought McCabe was guilty of provable crimes and recommended prosecution.

Perhaps it's not much of a stretch to speculate that McCabe may have cut a deal with Durham. Stay tuned.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Federal prosecutors thought McCabe was guilty of provable crimes and recommended prosecution.

Perhaps it's not much of a stretch to speculate that McCabe may have cut a deal with Durham. Stay tuned.
    Do you have any proof or just conspiracy theories?

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post

And yet the DOJ looking into that recommendation for months felt they did not have a case they could bring to court. The recommendation is just a notice of hey I think maybe this guy did something wrong. The actual indictment is the criminal referral. It is possible there is some deal going around but given how long they were dicking around and how bad the judge was pissed at the DOJ's conduct I am going to lean towards they lacked enough evidence to make even a flimsy charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I think we all know the answer to that.

I think in the Mccabe case there also is a non trivial chance that the DOJ was afraid of what McCabe could turn up against them in the discovery process if they actually brought the case and considered the damage he could do to them outweighed the benefit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I think it's a plausible reason why McCabe wasn't charged. We should find out in a few months or so.