Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    They didn't realize he was Hemo PvP spec until they looked at the meters after the boss died. How would they have checked his spec?
    That's their fault. Now, if he had promised he was Combat, then they may have a defense. But, they declared loot rules, then backed out.

It's fundamentally no different than someone taking the mats for an enchant, then logging off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They also could have established a dps threshold, as was quite common earlier on in wows history.
    But, that would have been part of the actual loot rules.

It's why I ask what the loot rules are when I get into any non-guild group.

I'd say coming to a raid in a PvP spec and then being virtually useless but wanting loot is trying to "screw people over" but that's just me.
    You would be 100 percent wrong. The RL accepted them into the raid. The player in PvP spec isn't scamming anyone.
    Last edited by munkeyinorbit; 2020-02-23 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It never used to happen in Vanilla. People are used to be much nicer and friendly back then. Looks like the retail crowd ruined Classic WoW and it is now as bad as retail when it comes to toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    It never used to happen in Vanilla. People are used to be much nicer and friendly back then. Looks like the retail crowd ruined Classic WoW and it is now as bad as retail when it comes to toxicity.
    Ninja looting happened all the time in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You would be 100 percent wrong. The RL accepted them into the raid. The player in PvP gear is t s teeing anyone.
    You can't inspect other people's talents unless you both have an addon that allows you to do so. The player didn't have PvP gear, he was PvP spec and doing less than 100 DPS as a Rogue. How the fuck is that not fucking over other people? You think doing 100 DPS on Vael is not fucking other people over?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

But, that would have been part of the actual loot rules.

It's why I ask what the loot rules are when I get into any non-guild group.
    Thats what im saying, we used to often run pugs or join pugs with "2k dps min or no loot" or whatever the acceptable dps for that content was (obviously not 2k for this)

Just becouse he´s a streamer he should probably get 5 days instead of 3 that others get, becouse if a random nobody ninja loot almost no one cares other then the one effected, if a streamer ninja loots most likely people watching him will think its ok behavor and copy him.

You can't inspect other people's talents unless you both have an addon that allows you to do so. The player didn't have PvP gear, he was PvP spec and doing less than 100 DPS as a Rogue. How the fuck is that not fucking over other people? You think doing 100 DPS on Vael is not fucking other people over?
    Great, make that part of the loot rules in the future. Demand a specific spec, or no loot.

Because these raids are easier than LFR. I understand the desire to min/max, but it just doesn't matter at all. There are plenty of people that play optimal specs and still suck ass at damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Great, make that part of the loot rules in the future. Demand a specific spec, or no loot.
    Essentially, so long as a loot rule doesnt violate another Blizzard policy or rule, you can include anything you like. Locked loot, certain specs, certain classes, certain requirements for dps / healers (obviously a bit tougher to put a specific restriction on a tank, other that 'defense capped') You could put anything in there, so long as it was measurable.

I remember doing a drake run and one of the loot rules was "getting hit by wave = no loot".

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Just becouse he´s a streamer he should probably get 5 days instead of 3 that others get, becouse if a random nobody ninja loot almost no one cares other then the one effected, if a streamer ninja loots most likely people watching him will think its ok behavor and copy him.
    Considering that he's meant to be representing the community I say give him 30 day ban. Back in the Vanillas days ninja looting could mean you were effectively banned from the server. This needs to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Considering that he's meant to be representing the community I say give him 30 day ban. Back in the Vanillas days ninja looting could mean you were effectively banned from the server. This needs to happen again.
    I heard in vanilla, if you ninja looted, you actually got sent to jail.

Considering all the stories from die hard committed classic fans (all quit soon after launch) blacklisting will absolutely 100% happen in this case - i am sure the player in question will never find a group again, and will have to start a new character on a new server to escape the endless abuse and harassment from the classic community.

Just because he is a streamer doesnt mean he can take other peoples loot

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But...where is the rule saying is forbidden to ninja loot?
    Dont take me wrong, i fully agree with this...but...i had no idea this was possible.
    Cause its seen as griefing, and yeah blizz made it clear they would be banning for this.

What is this dumb kid streamer "man" ? how can people watch such crap ?

EDIT : "I"m famous" LOLWTF
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2020-02-23 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    What is this dumb kid streamer "man" ? how can people such crap ?

EDIT : "I"m famous" LOLWTF
    What on earth are you talking about?

I had no idea Did you knew this?

It happened to a streamer called Payo (one of my favorite streamers btw)

The GM Ticket reads "We verified a violation of our code of conduct involving a raid loot scam"
    only a 3 day ban though

When it happened on stream:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/556654691?t=1h45m28s

Note that i have no idea if this streamer actually deserved the ban or not.
    Thats not the discussion.
    I simply had no idea you could be banned in Classic for Ninja Looting.

Thoughts?
    Good, I'm glad. He deserved it.

Dont take me wrong, i fully agree with this...but...i had no idea this was possible.
    It breaks several rules.

"Behavior that intentionally detracts from others' enjoyment

"Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense."

Both of which, IMO, ninja looting falls under.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Cause its seen as griefing, and yeah blizz made it clear they would be banning for this.
    I always believed it came under the "scam" policy?

Its pretty hard to find anything recent on this topic:

"If you’ve been the victim of a scam, we will investigate if either of the following criteria are met:

The Master Looter set specific loot rules using in-game chat and did not abide by them.
    Note: MS>OS is not a supported loot rule.

A trade of in-game goods and/or services was agreed upon using in game chat, and the other player refused to honor the deal.
    While we can’t guarantee that you will recoup your loss, we will investigate and take appropriate action against the offender. Please provide as much detail as possible in your ticket."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post

"Behavior that intentionally detracts from others' enjoyment

"Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense."

Both of which, IMO, ninja looting falls under.
    Im not sure it does fall under the first one. Well, i guess what i mean is anything could fall under that category - Losing a roll on an item, getting killed in pvp, a tank missing a taunt and causing a wipe - obviously these things are not absolutely "intentional" but it would also be impossible to prove it wasnt. Did the tank taunt the wrong target on accident, or to cause a wipe?

. I think the second part is far more accurate.

it also doesn't state you can't rob the bank in the game of Monopoly.

but ninja looting is only bannable if you are misleading, pulling a con, lying outright, etc about how loot will be distributed. The only time I've seen it acceptable, is notable Asmongold. But his loot rules already have an as-trick that lets everyone know, he reserves the right to change his mind.

But I would do what college syllabuses do, put a clause that states anything can change at any time, without notice or warning.

As expected, a quick google search unearthed a treasure trove of tears and rage:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...written-Policy

i cant find the source,m but apparantly at some stage blizzard said this:

"In these situations, players who disregard the original agreement and then take (or give away) loot in a different way are potentially violating our Scam Policy."