Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    What he would truly abhor is the clown world that marxist ideologies have turned the west into in the last decade.
    Yeah, Finland and Norway are having a rough go of it, what with their high levels of prosperity and success.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You must despise Donald Trump then since he praises Xi of China and Kim of North Korea who run labor death camps not to mention Putin. If you want to find a clown look in the mirror.

Yes, he should cut all diplomatic ties because Draco-Onis feelings are more important?

I don't even have to pay for a cabaret when you are around, amazing.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-02-25 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Trolling

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    People who suffered under castro laugh, with tears in their eyes ,when leftist clowns call trump a fascist.
    I wonder why?
    They don't know what they don't know....and are completely blind to their ignorance. Sad, but true.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I mean I think that goes without saying. If Bernie Sanders; intent is to introduce those type of people into his administration, he'd rightfully zero a lot of support he has now.

I would not call this qualified support because it describes a scenario extremely unlikely to happen. But Tulsi... particularly Tulsi.... if she has any role, then what's the damn point?
    Also I was quite deliberate in my use of 'support', versus 'vote for'.

One entails a political reach around, the other is just NSA, to put it crudely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yes, he should cut all diplomatic ties because Draco-Onis feelings are more important?

I don't even have to pay for the cabaret when you are around, amazing.
    Trump practically sucked Kim's dick.

Sanders said that we shouldn't poopoo good ideas just because a bad person like Castro did them.

You aren't an honest actor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    They don't know what they don't know....and are completely blind to their ignorance. Sad, but true.
    Can you provide an accepted definition of fascism that would not include donald trump?
    -ynnady

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    There would be no more space for third parties as long as you keep FPTP. However, those options would still mitigate the outsized influence of prairie states in the Electoral College.

Also, you keep misspelling @Fugus although he has been kind enough not to call you out on it.
    I think a massive increase in the number of open House seats would be a fertile opportunity for third parties to come to fruition. Not in great numbers, but to actually grab seats.

Shit - my bad. Accident on my part, unintentional (although I could see how that might not seem that way).

What he would truly abhor is the clown world that marxist ideologies have turned the west into in the last decade.
    Yeah, he would totally abhor equal opportunity for the poor against the rich. Or that people who happen to like other people of the same sex of them are no longer killed/imprisoned.

But he'd love unchecked greed and the pearl clutching of conservatives. Yup. Totally be on board with that

Infracted.

- - - Updated - - -

Castro was a shithead. Done.
    Also the US is conducting a harrowing policy upon Cuba, blocking and stiffling any hope for them to grow just for a petty revenge
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-02-25 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Religious discussion
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record you guys are being Hooked into a religious discussion that will eventually lead to infractions. He knows this and is baiting hardcore. Best report it and move on.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Semi-related, I saw a study a little over a month ago that found no discernible increase in toxicity of Bernie Sanders supporters over other supporters. I tried to find the link, but trying to sort through Google on a phone brings me to a frothing rage. But what they found in their sampling was that this perception is mostly a meme that perpetuates like racism. You see an Angry Black Woman Sanders Supporter and view them as an example of the thing you believe you already know about their group.

Anecdotally, we can see that in this thread. With the exception of one person that might need a straightjacket, most Sanders folks here are being pretty reasonable. But dear lord some of the other side needs to take a hard look at how they're communicating. The novellas on how Sanders supporters are the cause of every woe on this planet and what should be done about them, this stuff brings toxicity to r/The_Donald levels.
    Basically, and I don't really understand the point of tearing down Sanders supporters, even like, the super hardcore ones. Do they think this time it's gonna make them want to vote for their Raptor Jesus candidate?

There's some pretty horrible people on the internet. Some of them support Bernie, and given that more young people support Bernie and more young people are on the internet, it stands to reason you're more likely to have more horrible people support Bernie.

But...that's not an attack against Bernie.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Basically, and I don't really understand the point of tearing down Sanders supporters, even like, the super hardcore ones. Do they think this time it's gonna make them want to vote for their Raptor Jesus candidate?

There's some pretty horrible people on the internet. Some of them support Bernie, and given that more young people support Bernie and more young people are on the internet, it stands to reason you're more likely to have more horrible people support Bernie.

I've had people post my parents name, address and pictures of their house on the internet before, just because I cornered them in an argument and they lost their shit.

People on the internet are nuts in general, regardless of candidate.

I think of when I grew up, how the Spaceship Earth ride at Epcot described a globally interconnected world. Information exchange. Peace and friendship everywhere. Narrated by Jeremy Irons.

Didn't quite work out that way! Spaceship Earth said nothing about Russian intelligence, or Bernie's Troll Army. Or Mark-fucking-Zuckerberg.

While Trump has praised both Xi and Putin who gave Castro Praises

Russian President Vladimir Putin described Castro as both "a sincere and reliable friend of Russia" and a "symbol of an era"
    Chinese Premier Xi Jinping similarly referred to him as "a close comrade and a sincere friend" to China.

I guess you also forgot that Republicans also are fans of Russia.

Last edited by szechuan; 2020-02-25 at 08:31 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

But it seems everyone hellbent on pushing the Bernie Bro narrative really thinks it is, or really wants you to think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had people post my parents name, address and pictures of their house on the internet before, just because I cornered them in an argument and they lost their shit.

People on the internet are nuts in general, regardless of candidate.

I think of when I grew up, how the Spaceship Earth ride at Epcot described a globally interconnected world. Information exchange. Peace and friendship everywhere. Narrated by Jeremy Irons.

Didn't quite work out that way! Spaceship Earth said nothing about Russian intelligence, or Bernie's Troll Army. Or Mark-fucking-Zuckerberg.
    Should have been more into cyberpunk counterculture my dude, we called the late capitalist panopticon hellscape back in the 80s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I don't even have to pay for a cabaret when you are around, amazing.
    If only there was something between cutting all diplomatic ties and bending over to praising ruthless dictators /s

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    But it seems everyone hellbent on pushing the Bernie Bro narrative really thinks it is, or really wants you to think it is.
    I'll tell you why we push the Bernie Bro narrative.

Fidel Castro.

Bernie Sanders said something objectively weapons-grade stupid on Sunday, if his plan is to actually win Florida. Nevermind the accuracy of the statement or the nuance. If the plan is to win Cuban-Americans in Florida, you either talk shit about Castro, or you steer clear of the topic entirely.

And what did Sanders do? Because he is an ideologue, he charged into it and said something that _will_ deeply damage his campaign in Florida. How bad is that? WIthout Florida, Democrats need to win Wisconsin or North Carolina. It makes Sanders' route to the White House much harder.

It was objectively a stupid thing he did.

And what did the Bernie Bros do? They spent Monday doing their best Trumphadi-impression of "WELL ACKSHUALLY......" explain/excuse sessions instead of being honest and saying "this was an incredibly politically stupid thin for Sanders to do and he's an moron for even getting near that topic".

They circled the wagons instead of allowing it to be a political learning experience for the so-called front runner.

That is why we push the Bernie Bro narrative. Because the cult of Sanders is possess exactly the same loyalty, intellectual dishonesty and duplicity as the cult of Trump.

I'm going to lay this out there right now. Being the first Jewish frontrunner for nomination for President ever, Sanders is invariably going to get asked pointed questions on Israel and Palestine. So here is my challenge: is he going to give the honest/correct answer? Or is he going to give the answer that doesn't damage the necessary electoral coalition (Jews in Florida) that he'll very much want to win that state?

My prediction? He'll give some kind of qualified answer that in an academic setting many of us would probably agree with, but it creates an awful soundbite, comes out just... wrong and gets turned into a disastrous 30 second add by Trump 2020.

Oh and on top of that, the Bernie Bros will do their best Leslie Neilsen impression and insist it's no big deal, everything is fine and he's ACKSHWALLY correct anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Should have been more into cyberpunk counterculture my dude, we called the late capitalist panopticon hellscape back in the 80s.
    I still hope that we get to post-scarcity communism before we go extinct.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Well, I think it's a great way to push away otherwise dedicated voters. Especially since it was demonstrated to do exactly that 4 years ago.

I like Sanders a lot, I hate Trump an awful lot. But my hatred for Democrats who talk about Sanders supporters like we're the 5th Reich (since Trump's were the 4th, obviously) is a pretty close second these days.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I think it's a great way to push away otherwise dedicated voters. Especially since it was demonstrated to do exactly that 4 years ago.

I like Sanders a lot, I hate Trump an awful lot. But my hatred for Democrats who talk about Sanders supporters like we're the 5th Reich (since Trump's were the 4th, obviously) is a pretty close second these days.
    Do you think they are doing it for fun? Can you at least admit that some of the Bernie Bros are out of their fucking mind? Refusing to vote for any other (D) nominee? Other candidates have their insane followers. Are you surprised that Bernie has them as well?

I'll tell you why we push the Bernie Bro narrative.

Fidel Castro.

Bernie Sanders said something objectively weapons-grade stupid on Sunday, if his plan is to actually win Florida. Nevermind the accuracy of the statement or the nuance. If the plan is to win Cuban-Americans in Florida, you either talk shit about Castro, or you steer clear of the topic entirely.

And what did Sanders do? Because he is an ideologue, he charged into it and said something that _will_ deeply damage his campaign in Florida. How bad is that? WIthout Florida, Democrats need to win Wisconsin or North Carolina. It makes Sanders' route to the White House much harder.

It was objectively a stupid thing he did.

And what did the Bernie Bros do? They spent Monday doing their best Trumphadi-impression of "WELL ACKSHUALLY......" explain/excuse sessions instead of being honest and saying "this was an incredibly politically stupid thin for Sanders to do and he's an moron for even getting near that topic".

They circled the wagons instead of allowing it to be a political learning experience for the so-called front runner.

That is why we push the Bernie Bro narrative. Because the cult of Sanders is possess exactly the same loyalty, intellectual dishonesty and duplicity as the cult of Trump.

I'm going to lay this out there right now. Being the first Jewish frontrunner for nomination for President ever, Sanders is invariably going to get asked pointed questions on Israel and Palestine. So here is my challenge: is he going to give the honest/correct answer? Or is he going to give the answer that doesn't damage the necessary electoral coalition (Jews in Florida) that he'll very much want to win that state?

My prediction? He'll give some kind of qualified answer that in an academic setting many of us would probably agree with, but it creates an awful soundbite, comes out just... wrong and gets turned into a disastrous 30 second add by Trump 2020.

Oh and on top of that, the Bernie Bros will do their best Leslie Neilsen impression and insist it's no big deal, everything is fine and he's ACKSHWALLY correct anyway.
    Bernie's brand is authenticity. You are asking him to sacrifice that out of a fear of bad soundbites, when in reality sacrificing his brand would be far more damaging. This cowering, panicked state of fear that democrats are constantly in has led to nothing but failure, time and time again. The democratic party has spent thirty years chasing a mythical centrist through the power of being terrified of offending people. It's nonsense. It has never worked and it will never work. It's bad politics, and it always has been, and its a strategy with decades of failure behind it.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Do you think they are doing it for fun? Can you at least admit that some of the Bernie Bros are out of their fucking mind? Refusing to vote for any other (D) nominee? Other candidates have their insane followers. Are you surprised that Bernie has them as well?
    No. I literally said that like two posts ago.

Stop pretending you can't read.

Just, be kind.