Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes, though not exactly forums, but people whos actually playing WoW seems to be having fun in game amirite!

It is like every other thing in life. If you are happy with something you bought, like a TV you won't very often run down to the store again and yell that the new TV was AWESOME! But if it doesn't work you'll be sure to tell them that you are not happy. Happy WoWers won't be coming very often to forums to say that they have an awesome time in game. They would be more likely to say that in game instead. Not saying we all are here to complain, not at all, but the likelyness to get happy threads are less than the more "change this, that sucks" because that's how we humans behave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    It has more to do with the fact that you need an active sub to write there.
    Hobby-haters don't have access there if they aren't paying 12 bucks a month x)
    Back in the day we would easily pay 12 bucks a month for access to a forum where we could talk shit about it all day! Complainers nowadays, casuals!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Clearly not this one, as you didn't even make it past the title without complaining.
    That's what I call a Greater Pyroblast crit lmao. Good job m8
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I'm sick of all the posts where people want everything handed to them just because they play 24/7. I don't care if it's a forum with only 100 active people, just some place where I can chat with likeminded people who don't take gearing too serious.
    The fact that so many people are negative about the game says quite a lot about the game, doesn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    There’s nothing about this game worth being positive about, try joining Blizzard. Maybe they have some private forum where they sniff their own farts.

Maybe reddit r/wow or r/CompetitiveWoW. The latter obviously takes gearing seriously but they also tend to enjoy the game, i think.

Thing is, the WoW community has always been fairly negative and reactive. It's only really after the fact that people give something a positive spin. In TBC it was fairly mild but you still had some 'this aint my vanilla' discontent going around. Wotlk lowered the difficulty bar significantly, you had vehicle combat, welfare epics, LFD-tool "it ruined dungeons", Cata with LFR, MoP with pandas, WoD with garrisons, Legion with legendaries and BFA with azerite gear/essences/whatever.

In none of these expansions other than TBC did I hear a general positive buzz about how amazing the game we're playing is. The buzz for the most part has always been focused on the negatives. It's really only after the fact when you're 1 expansion into the future that people seem to look back on the last one with some fondness. And I do agree it kinda sucks, personally I think life is too short to spend most of it complaining when you can use that time/energy to enjoy something instead, but people love to complain and nothing brings people together like common dislike for something.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about 4chan /v/ :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    So you're looking for an echo chamber? If the game was good people wouldn't be complaining, btw most of the people on forums are barely 10 % of the active playerbase and only the more dedicated or trolly/crazy people post on forums anyway.
    Ironically the whiners and hate is also an echo chamber.

Either way it's not wrong trying to find people who enjoy things you do. He enjoys wow and wants a community where others do. Same as with any other hobby. I don't go to people who hate drumming to talk about drumming. I go to people who enjoy it and try to find a community you fit in.

Then we also have the fact that just because 2 people are positive about a game doesn't mean they share the same view, which is what echo chambers are. Having the same opinions about everything and anything else get chased out....you know, kinda like mmoc whiners
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    In TBC it was fairly mild
    Let's see
    Space Goats
    HFP being a total clogged shitfest on release
    Gruul, Maghteridon abilities working half the time and raids being bugged in general
    Moving to 1 Battle 1 Guardian Elixir system aka casualising consumables
    Blacksmithing weapons destroying PvP

So all in all every expansion had some massive online shitstorm associated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Idk why you guys try making your inability to be a grown adult and ignore things you don't like seeing seem like everyone else's problem.

Its not lol.
    The OP might be silly, but your statement is a better argument for the OP than it is one against it with the amount of people that don't play the game that post here.

People don't come here to post unhelpful, irrelevant, and excessively negative shit on every thread in your world I guess. Either that or it's you that posts it.
    Last edited by Shaetha; 2020-03-01 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    You can be coming up with roundabout excuses as much as you want, the fact is, WoW subs are droping. People vote with their money. Not but the most rabid of followers are ready to pay for this half-assed product.
    WoW subs have been dropping since 9 years now.
    The factors for that are multifaceted like the standard product life-cycle(this game is fucking old), mmorpg genre generally dropping in popularity, other genres gaining popularity or new ones emerging(moba), other platforms gaining popularity, general player crunch (again, this game is OLD), generational shift (did i already say this game is old?) etc.

So what?Subs aren't a good measurement for quality for a long time now since there are a ton of factors that don't correlate subs with good game design/quality.

And before you call me a fanboy:I dislike bfa and it's systems too and would put it with wod in a ballpark, but im not that simple minded to correlate subs with overall game quality or outright deny that there might be players enjoying their experience depending on how they play.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-03-01 at 11:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for positivity on the internet is a fools errand in itself lol.

Want positivity I would suggest having friends who like what you do and talk about it with them... you know, like how we did before the internet... good times

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Let's see
    Space Goats
    HFP being a total clogged shitfest on release
    Gruul, Maghteridon abilities working half the time and raids being bugged in general
    Moving to 1 Battle 1 Guardian Elixir system aka casualising consumables
    Blacksmithing weapons destroying PvP

So all in all every expansion had some massive online shitstorm associated with it.
    Of all those things I consider the highlighted a positive lol. Professions need to have more benefits again. Tailoring/LW/BS should have a slight edge over the average gear. But they should also be a bitch to get mats for. I remember farming Elemental Plateau for the mats for Stormherald and its previous downgrades, for all that hard work it felt satisfying to have. So damn right it should be wrecking people considering all the hassle it took to make it lol

TBC professions were professions at their peak of awesome.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-03-01 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    The fact that so many people are negative about the game says quite a lot about the game, doesn't it?
    No, not really? I started playing in TBC, but more properly in WotLK, and the amount of whining on the forums and vocal discontent was the same as it is now. I was always accused of being a "wrath-baby" at the time, pretty common insult to fling around. I've noticed in every expansion since that people still complain the same way, about more or less the same things, over and over again. Whatever the current expansion is, it's always the worse. WotLK was the worse when I started, hence wrath-baby insults, but now it's apparently the best? Hard to keep up with what the latest hate trend is on the forums if you don't browse very often.

I'm active in heroic and now mythic raiding, and primarily focus on and enjoy that scene. For me the game hasn't gotten any worse, raids are still fun, and by going by my /played time, I've spent almost half the total time played in BFA. I skipped Legion due to RL reasons, but it seems the changes they've made to the game have actually been positive for me because I'm playing my character more. Before the Legion/BFA AP/WQ grind, I basically only logged on for raid and never in between, so my played time was low. Now that I'm on near daily to get my WQ/AP goals done, I'm online more often. And I don't hate it.

I'm in a guild that aims for CE, and we don't demand AP grind or minmaxing at all, but I choose to do it cause I want to keep up - in Uldir I didn't as much and it wasn't a problem for me or my guild. So complaints for that are mute really, don't like AP grinding, don't do it? We had raiders that didn't and it didn't drastically stop us moving forward, but it sure gives the others something to work towards. I like my weekly and daily checklists of tasks to complete.

The only system I've never really liked was Titanforging, I remember it was added to be an incentive for 25-man raiding over 10-man, and has overstayed its welcome. I do prefer the system of only having one slot upgrade, getting it and having that list checked off. But having said that, knowing you could get a TF upgrade hasn't diminised anything for me, there was always a chance I'd still get a big upgrade which was nice. Corruption is annoying, yes, but not that big a deal really. I mean, it's just bonus damage to make things a bit easier, but you can easily run zero corruption and still kill bosses. A lot of my guilds raiders run under 19 corruption, and I stay under 39, so we don't use much and still progress.

If I could go back to Vanilla/TBC days I'd be incredibly bored with the game. Even now pre-Legion/BFA I'd be extremely bored on my character with nothing to do. A common fact people miss is that if vanilla/classic was so perfect and what people want, it'd have 12million players again, but it doesn't, so what does that tell you?

What do I miss though? The partial dumbing down with loss of certain class abilities, though honestly it's not a huge deal. My bars are still full of 12 button with shift/ctrl macros to expand the count, so I've still not plenty to use. Reforging was fun, I wish that was still in the game. But yeah, nothing major, the core game mechanics are still the same.

TL;DR: People have always said the game was bad since vanilla, nothing has changed in the complainer scene or amount of complaints. A lot of us playing the game since early-ish days are still enjoying it and don't see the problem. Maybe the game isn't for you anymore and it's become for us.

WoW subs have been dropping since 9 years now.
    The factors for that are multifaceted like the standard product life-cycle(this game is fucking old), mmorpg genre generally dropping in popularity, other genres gaining popularity or new ones emerging(moba), other platforms gaining popularity, general player crunch (again, this game is OLD), generational shift (did i already say this game is old?) etc.

So what?Subs aren't a good measurement for quality for a long time now since there are a ton of factors that don't correlate subs with good game design/quality.

And before you call me a fanboy:I dislike bfa and it's systems too and would put it with wod in a ballpark, but im not that simple minded to correlate subs with overall game quality or outright deny that there might be players enjoying their experience depending on how they play.
    So what you said in that unnecessary long post of yours is "I dont believe subs correlate with game quality".

I rest my case. Any further arguments would be wasted on you. It's like trying to convince cavemen fire is not magic.

Again, you manage to portray very well what kind of players still stick by Blizzard as well as their general intellectual capacities.

So what you said in that unnecessary long post of yours is "I dont believe subs correlate with game quality".

I rest my case. Any further arguments would be wasted on you. It's like trying to convince cavemen fire is not magic.

Again, you manage to portray very well what kind of players still stick by Blizzard as well as their general intellectual capacities.
    So what you are saying is that you dismiss all these factors, is that correct?
    Thanks for the laugh.

So what you are saying is that you dismiss all these factors, is that correct?
    Thanks for the laugh.
    People of your mental caliber would probably get laughs from all sorts of things, it's nothing to be proud of, dearie.

People of your mental caliber would probably get laughs from all sorts of things, it's nothing to be proud of, dearie.
    Falling back to ad hominem let's you look like you lost the argument.
    Edit: actually you never tried to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Imagine still clinging on to "WoW subs" as your own subjective measurement scale for entertainment value five+ years after Blizzard stopped reporting them.
    Imagine desperately grasping at last straws in order to ignore the game's obviously declining quality and playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I'm sick of all the posts where people want everything handed to them just because they play 24/7. I don't care if it's a forum with only 100 active people, just some place where I can chat with likeminded people who don't take gearing too serious.
    If they play 24/7... they probably like this game...

Falling back to ad hominem let's you look like you lost the argument.
    I finished arguing with you when you said game quality does not correlate with subs numbers.
    If you consider people giving up on you after you piss yourself because you know no better 'winning' an argument, then whatever, you won an argument. Congratulations!