Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Most people don't care (I for one don't, find it funny honeslty), we all know BfA has been dropped off in the trash heap and lit on fire while they work on SL.
    And that's why content like this gets delivered.

You need to start caring, for the sake of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    And that's why content like this gets delivered.

You need to start caring, for the sake of the game.
    Games fine to me (now that they fixed the yoyoing of Azerite powers anyway), ever thing that maybe people just have different ideas of what they want out of the game? This is just a funny little blurp that will get fixed.

Games fine to me (now that they fixed the yoyoing of Azerite powers anyway), ever thing that maybe people just have different ideas of what they want out of the game? This is just a funny little blurp that will get fixed.
    I'll pray for you lol.

Every time the devs think "LFR players can't be THAT lazy and retarded" (Durumu, Garrosh, Archimonde, Argus) and require a bit of effort and more than two functional brain cells, said players prove them wrong. That's hilariously sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    You know I was just saying to a friend last night as I concluded my "vacation from WoW" sabbatical in FFXIV that FFXIV kinda over-regulates and over-gates a lot of their content behind actual skill tests and story steps. The community of that game fully supports the idea because it weeds out "people that shouldn't be grouping with other people," letting them have their reputation of "surface friendliness" because the game, not the community, makes sure you "get good" before you "burden others with your newness." You prety much have to hope your friends can pass the story tests to join you on guild raid night haha. In contrast, WoW is generally pretty free reign, leaving us with the freedom to suffer and berate each other, leading to things like raider.io. In this situation, FFXIV wouldn't even let you go near the raid without the full cloak quest, and probably some solo scenario, potentially cast vehicle-like as another character/class, to experience some of the mechanics alone haha!

Pros and cons in both approaches, but this is a perfect example of FFXIV's lean being perhaps a little more desired!
    Except for the part where SE implemented an "Easy Mode" to any and all story duties in content before Shadowbringers that gives you something like a thirty percent buff to all your stats, and repeated failures in Shadowbringers solo duties gives you an increasing 5% buff, until you can literally just brute force your way through it.

SE tried to gate players by skill a long time ago with the Steppes of Faith. The community went into such a wild, frothing uproar that SE nerfed it into the ground, turning it into essentially a free win where you can skip all mechanics. The only thing XIV really gates you on anymore is just the time requirement it takes to slog through the MSQ to reach end-game.

None of the solo duties are actually difficult, and all the dungeon requirements can simply be unsynched up until you reach Shadowbringers, where you can rely on Trusts to do all the heavy lifting for you.

On topic - the difficulty for N'zoth should remain as is for LFR, but I do agree that Blizzard needs to implement a hotfix fast that doesn't allow you to queue for it without having the cloak, similar to how you couldn't queue for dungeons in Legion without having your Artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I'll pray for you lol.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    Except for the part where SE implemented an "Easy Mode" to any and all story duties in content before Shadowbringers that gives you something like a thirty percent buff to all your stats, and repeated failures in Shadowbringers solo duties gives you an increasing 5% buff, until you can literally just brute force your way through it.

SE tried to gate players by skill a long time ago with the Steppes of Faith. The community went into such a wild, frothing uproar that SE nerfed it into the ground, turning it into essentially a free win where you can skip all mechanics. The only thing XIV really gates you on anymore is just the time requirement it takes to slog through the MSQ to reach end-game.

None of the solo duties are actually difficult, and all the dungeon requirements can simply be unsynched up until you reach Shadowbringers, where you can rely on Trusts to do all the heavy lifting for you.
    Those trusts die more than regular players, we actually had someone who was using them (dps, long queues) that the trust kept dying over and over lol. They ended up just eating the queue times because even the worst players were better.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Every time the devs think "LFR players can't be THAT lazy and retarded" (Durumu, Garrosh, Archimonde, Argus) and require a bit of effort and more than two functional brain cells, said players prove them wrong. That's hilariously sad.
    Remember Nazgrim's Defensive stance? : ^)
    OT: even if they remove the insta MC and allow you to still use the extra action button to reset sanity loss, this fight is probably a nightmare on LFR. (Working as intended? Imagine Yogg 4light on LFR.)
    Glad Titanforging is gone so I have 0 incentive to fish for upgrades this tier!
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2020-03-10 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Remember Nazgrim's Defensive stance? : ^)
    OT: even if they remove the insta MC and allow you to still use the extra action button to reset sanity loss, this fight is probably a nightmare on LFR.
    Glad Titanforging is gone so I have 0 incentive to fish for upgrades this tier!
    Oh god, I erased Nazgrim LFR from my memory

I think Blizzard will make the fight not queuable in LFR without the cloak, but I expect some people to unequip their cloak just before the pull for the lulz.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    they rly droped the ball with the cloak,we all expected it to actualy be of use on nzoth,not just needing it equiped,like the sanity drain should affect the raid and the use cloak should have been the sanity reset,it would conflict with the coruption dispel...but if you rly dont wanna take extra dmg you can just use less coruption,we were wiping like vermin on shadar and hive because of random dmg on people,until we decided that MAYBE we dont NEED over 60 corruption.....alive raid=100% boss dead,dead people but some extra mad deeps=not so much
    it was, but then people complained, so they made it only work in visions, cause you dont NEED to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

LOL so they actually not only put in a requirement for the cloak BUT requirement to have it upgraded to a certain level or you insta-die? That's fucking hilarious, in a sad way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Game needs to kick your ass every once in a while. Otherwise what’s the point?
    I.. What?

How does this make sense? How does letting someone queue for an LFR that REQUIRES a certain item or the boss WILL NOT die correlate to "kicking your ass"

Like what..

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    LOL so they actually not only put in a requirement for the cloak BUT requirement to have it upgraded to a certain level or you insta-wipe? That's fucking hilarious, in a sad way.
    Hem... No? Unless I missed something, the cloak level doesn't matter for Nzoth LFR.

Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Those trusts die more than regular players, we actually had someone who was using them (dps, long queues) that the trust kept dying over and over lol. They ended up just eating the queue times because even the worst players were better.

I never actually had this problem when I went through Shadowbringer's story. Granted, I used my Paladin to tank, so I didn't have to worry about keeping Thancred alive, but I never had any issues otherwise of Urianger keeping Ryne and Alisae alive. In fact, the only time I ever actually wiped in a Trust Dungeon was in Grand Cosmos, and that's because I failed literally every mechanic on the first boss trying to figure out the stupid hit boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    It's how it should be

It still isn't hard whatsoever,but people have to actually try,instead of having 15+ AFK people and the rest half assing it,and still getting a win for it
    Not it is most certainly not what it should be. Why should people who just want to do LFR be forced to get stuck with a bunch of plebs who are literally never going to understand a fight like N'zoth? Half the people joining don't even have cloaks...

If they want people to have to pay attention, that's normal mode. Either make LFR the faceroll tourist shit it was supposed to be or remove it altogether, it literally doesn't have ANY target audience right now. It's too hard for pleb casuals, and the people it's ok for are far better off just running normal - less time investment and better loot.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Hem... No? Unless I missed something, the cloak level doesn't matter for Nzoth LFR.
    Oh? Well that's.. something. I had read somewhere it needed to be upgraded to a certain level too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    LOL so they actually not only put in a requirement for the cloak BUT requirement to have it upgraded to a certain level or you insta-die? That's fucking hilarious, in a sad way.
    Thats not how it works but okay, you only get mc'd if you dont have cape at all. If its rank1 or rank15 doesnt matter. Reading is hard, but one day you might be able todo it properly aswell!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Not it is most certainly not what it should be. Why should people who just want to do LFR be forced to get stuck with a bunch of plebs who are literally never going to understand a fight like N'zoth? Half the people joining don't even have cloaks...

If they want people to have to pay attention, that's normal mode. Either make LFR the faceroll tourist shit it was supposed to be or remove it altogether, it literally doesn't have ANY target audience right now. It's too hard for pleb casuals, and the people it's ok for are far better off just running normal - less time investment and better loot.
    Before you/we get dumped on, I just want to say that I am and I represent (as in my friends) the kind of people that agree with you 100%! Just because the forums go one way doesn't mean it's universally true or agreed with.

"It literally doesn't have ANY target audience." This is so true. It's an access level, in an MMO that is otherwise extremely accessible. LFR has no right "asking a lot" of those who utilize it.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-03-11 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    My favorite LFR moment was spine of Deathwing... I would go in there on my priest healer and smite the wrong tentacle. People would see its health drop and join in while raid chat went apeshit. It literally didn’t matter because I was super geared and could solo heal but the rage was entertaining. Smite was the perfect spell too because it left no evidence and people would be typing “WHO IS IT” and no one suspected a healer, kept blaming hunters. Yes I can be a dick.
    As a Hunter main; well played.
    "No one suspects the Butterfly"
    *Bart lights his school on fire*

After reading through this thread, it almost makes me wish LFR was even more dumbed down.
    No seriously, have Wrathion in the fight beside you along with Magni and Mother.

"Champions, follow meh!" *Magni tanks big ol add while you kill it*
    "Hero, your life signs appear diminished; allow Mother to assist you"
    *Gets beamed over to Mother when low on HP, on a cooldown*
    "Player Name, since Manduin couldn't make it, allow me to CLEANSE YOU OF THIS FILTH!"
    *Wrathion restores character sanity, player loses sanity at this shitty fanfic*

No need to wipe, you see an old God, feel like you're part of the story and collect badly colored mogs on items that barely compete with Mythic 0s. :3

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    As a Hunter main; well played.
    "No one suspects the Butterfly"
    *Bart lights his school on fire*

After reading through this thread, it almost makes me wish LFR was even more dumbed down.
    No seriously, have Wrathion in the fight beside you along with Magni and Mother.

"Champions, follow meh!" *Magni tanks big ol add while you kill it*
    "Hero, your life signs appear diminished; allow Mother to assist you"
    *Gets beamed over to Mother when low on HP, on a cooldown*
    "Player Name, since Manduin couldn't make it, allow me to CLEANSE YOU OF THIS FILTH!"
    *Wrathion restores character sanity, player loses sanity at this shitty fanfic*

No need to wipe, you see an old God, feel like you're part of the story and collect badly colored mogs on items that barely compete with Mythic 0s. :3
    I'd pay a premium sub for FFXIV-like "trusts" in WoW. I'd tank dungeons again.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have to say, as a Mythic raider, it's always so bizarre to see people on the forums and even my own guildies be so out of touch with the average player of this game. One of my casual friends has been logging in and playing every day since 8.3 went live and he just yesterday found out about the legendary cloak.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest