Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The ACA is a republican market based solution it's fuck all of an outreach, I specifically said they can meet in the middle he doesn't have to go with medicare for all.
    The ACA is a fucking abortion, but it was something the Democrats pushed to appease the progressives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Biden is also racist, and will be just as horrible for the muslim population if we go by who he put into charge of his muslim outreach.
    Great, then don't vote for him.

Oh, wait... you live in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Um, yeah. I get that. Why don't you get what I'm saying?

Until you do, I'm kind of over trying to break past your privilege.

Meh, this is such a tired argument.

I'm a Bernie supporter and you damn well better believe I'll be voting for Biden in November. Thinking Sanders supporters are unreachable is just lazy and introduces unnecessary risk. But again, people seem hell bent on helping Trump win for some reason.

I guess that "big tent" doesn't apply unless you can afford the cover charge, amirite?
    I'm simply pointing out other evidence that someone else already provided. a small majority of Bernie supporters said they'd vote for Biden, another 29% said they didn't know what they'd do. Another 8% said that they'd actually vote for Trump. Well, I guess they sure showed the DNC in 2016, and they'll show them again.

Which is exactly why pandering to them is pointless. It's the same reason that the GOP pandering to me would be a wate of time, because I'm not going to vote for their shitty candidates.

As for people being hell bent on helping Trump win, talk to the nearly half f Bernie supporters who either "don't know" what they will do, will not vote at all, or will vote for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those politics still had a very negative effect on a lot of people, people not caring about politics is what pushes a country to the right,.
    Ok, so once we stop the bleeding with boring old Joe. Sanders, AOC, whomever... can build up a grass roots Uber progressive coalition. Not reach for the stars with a legit criminal in office. One thing at a time.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The ACA is a fucking abortion, but it was something the Democrats pushed to appease the progressives.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, then don't vote for him.

Oh, wait... you live in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm simply pointing out other evidence that someone else already provided. a small majority of Bernie supporters said they'd vote for Biden, another 29% said they didn't know what they'd do. Another 8% said that they'd actually vote for Trump. Well, I guess they sure showed the DNC in 2016, and they'll show them again.

Which is exactly why pandering to them is pointless. It's the same reason that the GOP pandering to me would be a wate of time, because I'm not going to vote for their shitty candidates.

As for people being hell bent on helping Trump win, talk to the nearly half f Bernie supporters who either "don't know" what they will do, will not vote at all, or will vote for Trump.
    Why does this rational go out the window when we discuss minority groups, or any other group for that matter? It's up to the candidate to win their vote. Why is it up to the voter to win themselves over if their group is "progressive" rather than "black?"

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    In 2016 we had to elect Hillary Clinton because she would have been the first female president, though you could say the same thing about Elizabeth Warren but it seems nobody cares now in 2020. Now we have to elect Joe Biden because we have to remove Trump. It seems we can't elect a Democrat based on their morals, history, and policies but because we have a righteous thing that needs to be done. Trump will chew Biden up and spit him out, because Joe Biden has made some shit choices throughout his political career, much like Hillary Clinton.
    I think you are correct. And Trump will for sure bring up all of Biden's flaws. Even if the haters of Trump will laugh at it and call out hypocrisy. But not everyone is a die hard Trump hater. And it does not matter if the majority in the country are, but the majority in the important swing states do. I think it will be a close race.

But it does seem clear, Biden is going to be the nominee.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Why does this rational go out the window when we discuss minority groups, or any other group for that matter? It's up to the candidate to win their vote. Why is it up to the voter to win themselves over if their group is "progressive" rather than "black?"
    It is up to the candidate to win their vote. But, as has already been seen, some people are pushing an intractable stance. For the DNC, Sanders voters have shown themselves to be unreliable. They are a risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I think you are correct. And Trump will for sure bring up all of Biden's flaws. Even if the haters of Trump will laugh at it and call out hypocrisy. But not everyone is a die hard Trump hater. And it does not matter if the majority in the country are, but the majority in the important swing states do. I think it will be a close race.

Trump supporters trying to call out Biden will be summarily laughed out of the fucking room. When you vote for a racist piece of shit who thinks that sexual assault is justified, then you have no moral high ground.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Um, yeah. I get that. Why don't you get what I'm saying?

Until you do, I'm kind of over trying to break past your privilege.
    No, apparently you don't get that. You are literally the one in the privilege bubble if you have the luxury to think healthcare overrides everything that's on the line for everyone else because it doesn't affect you, which is the definition of privileged, breathtakingly selfish myopia. How nice for you, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a surprise, a lot of youth vote suppression happened again.
    Explain the turnout of black voters in favor of Biden. Or are we pretending that they're part of the establishment still?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    No, apparently you don't get that. You are literally the one in the privilege bubble if you have the luxury to think healthcare overrides everything that's on the line for everyone else because it doesn't affect you, which is the definition of privileged, breathtakingly selfish myopia. How nice for you, I guess.
    You just can't help but misunderstand what I have written in every damn post. Good on you I guess. Keep getting all pissed at me because you're not comprehending what I've said, it's a super great use of your time.

You honestly think progressives were hyped about Romneycare? I suggest you look up health care debates during Bill Clinton's presidency.

Looks like Bernie will 100% stay in to debate Biden Sunday. I don't know if he wants to suffer another round of losses after that, but I think he can certainly drop out after that without causing much of a riot. He could probably drop out now without pissing off all that many Bernie supporters, but the leadership of his campaign clearly still has an appetite to go at it.

You honestly think progressives were hyped about Romneycare? I suggest you look up health care debates during Bill Clinton's presidency.
    I think progressives were disappointed they didn't get single payer, but happy that they got something. And what happened right after that? The Democrats got crushed in the election. Progressives didn't show up, the GOP was energized, and Obama was a lame duck after that.

The progressives have had a very difficult time trying to show how healthcare can be done better, because most Americans have no idea how much healthcare actually costs. That's the problem when things are often paid by employers, the employees don't see the actual hit they take. Pushing the economic advantages (and having hard numbers) is the key to selling moderates. And for fucks sake, stop calling it Medicare for All.

Bernie's advisors are some of the worst of his zealots... he's going to say in until at least next week where he'll fail to reach viability in Florida and Georgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Looks like Bernie will 100% stay in to debate Biden Sunday. I don't know if he wants to suffer another round of losses after that, but I think he can certainly drop out after that without causing much of a riot. He could probably drop out now without pissing off all that many Bernie supporters, but the leadership of his campaign clearly still has an appetite to go at it.
    Whatever one thinks of Sanders the man, it should be generally agreed that his campaign team sucks ass.

Like, you know it sucks ass if the best strategy they can put together is "Welp, our ceiling is about 30% but rather than do anything to rectify that we're just gonna bank on nobody else in the race dropping before the bulk of state primaries and win by plurality at the convention, then worry about it later."
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I think progressives were disappointed they didn't get single payer, but happy that they got something. And what happened right after that? The Democrats got crushed in the election. Progressives didn't show up, the GOP was energized, and Obama was a lame duck after that.

The progressives have had a very difficult time trying to show how healthcare can be done better, because most Americans have no idea how much healthcare actually costs. That's the problem when things are often paid by employers, the employees don't see the actual hit they take. Pushing the economic advantages (and having hard numbers) is the key to selling moderates. And for fucks sake, stop calling it Medicare for All.
    Democrats got crushed because after instituting the ACA they ran away from it like it was the plague. That's not even going into how Obama sabotaged his own party because he wanted to be above politics.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well, it is always easier to do stuff with other people's money.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

It looks like Democrats might actually have a shot. And Biden's cantankerous confrontationalism may actually be an asset in the Trump debate cage matches.

Democrats got crushed because after instituting the ACA they ran away from it like it was the plague. That's not even going into how Obama sabotaged his own party because he wanted to be above politics.
    Well, the implementation of the ACA was a shit show. Obama didn't sabotage the Democrats, he's pretty much the ideal image of what a model Democrat should be. he has no skeletons in his closet, is a moderate, well-spoken man who appeals to all ages, religions, ethnicities, and genders.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this stage of the game, everybody interested in defeating Donald Trump should be interested in strengthening Biden's candidacy in any way they can, not seeing how he "holds up" when attacked by fellow Dems (the potential debate this weekend).

The choice has been made resoundingly by the voters in state after state and there is no turning back, so Sanders attacking him would be an academic exercise serving no constructive purpose.

I think Biden would do quite well since Sanders debating skills consist of repeating the same three talking points he's been repeating for 50 years - he's pretty unlikely to surprise Biden with something unexpected forcing Joe to think on his feet - but lets assume Sanders "exposes" what a crappy candidate Biden is and Sanders' supporters get to proudly say "I told you so." Biden will still be the nominee. Is saying I told you so really more important to you than beating Trump?

TLDR
    It’s over, get onboard and help Biden defeat Trump. Stop unnecessary infighting.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Considering the crimes Trump was impeached for, there really isn't anything the republicans can say or do which would make Biden worst.

And luckily it doesn't even look like it will a close election.

https://www.newsweek.com/what-polls-...ection-1491230

Well, it is always easier to do stuff with other people's money.
    So, were you outraged when Trump increased taxes, to take more of other people's money? Were you outraged when he increased the spending of other people's money?