Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    DS9 had a few stinkers. Like the one where people were falling in love with people for some stupid reason all across the station I can't even remember why. I also really wan'st a fan with how the Pah Wraith/Dukat stuff resolved, so part of the finale was bad for me, but the rest of the finale was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    ...What let it down;

1) They actually formed a perfect replica of voyager
    2) The real Voyager scanned the remains and didn't find out what it was. I'm sorry but a life form like that, they would have had a unique signature
    3) The fact they overtook Voyager. We found out the process for them to think they were the real things wasn't instantaneous. So that meant they left the planet x amount of time after Voyager. If they held the same principles as the people they thought they were, they wouldn't have overtaken them.
    I'll try to clear up a few things.
    1) Yes, near perfect replicas... but the duplicates had different experiences than those of the Voyager crew after Voyager left.
    2) It wasn't unique... even human physiology isn't unique. They found some of the base elements and compounds as they were deteriorating at a molecular level.
    3) They didn't leave until they had 'forgotten' they were copies and wanted to get to Earth. They passed Voyager by way of their 'enhanced warp drive'... and they turned around to head back to the Demon planet using the 'enhanced warp drive'. If the drive worked flawlessly they would have been in the Alpha Quadrant in 2 years. I believe our Voyager used the Slipstream Drive a few episodes earlier however it was too unstable to effectively use long term.

...When the Doctor gets activated in an Alien civilization 700 or so years after Voyager appeared there. You know, the one where voyager is a warship. The story was great, the premise was great. But ending it with the Doctor heading out to space to get back to earth; for the next episode to have the doctor in was just a total disservice to fans. He should have been removed completely from the crew (with the episode reflecting back on the previous episode on how the doctor was lost) or it should have been a temporal episode of sorts of how he got back.

But for them just to carry on as normal, with no mention of it was just plain shit
    They address this during the 'Living Witness' episode... that was a backup module of the original doc that was found. A raiding party stole it on an attack on Voyager and it was never reclaimed. I know this was mentioned twice during the episode as I saw it last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    To me, the terrible episode of Voyager wasn't actually terrible. It was terrible because they didn't have a spine to stick to the story and resolve it. So I don't consider cannon at all.

When the Doctor gets activated in an Alien civilization 700 or so years after Voyager appeared there. You know, the one where voyager is a warship. The story was great, the premise was great. But ending it with the Doctor heading out to space to get back to earth; for the next episode to have the doctor in was just a total disservice to fans. He should have been removed completely from the crew (with the episode reflecting back on the previous episode on how the doctor was lost) or it should have been a temporal episode of sorts of how he got back.

But for them just to carry on as normal, with no mention of it was just plain shit
    One of my favorite episodes, probably because it deals with history and historical interpretation, pity you didn't understand the premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    DS9 had a few stinkers. Like the one where people were falling in love with people for some stupid reason all across the station I can't even remember why.
    Betazoid menopause
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    The last episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    Are... are you mental?

Congratulations, Shinji!

Honestly, just watch End of Eva instead. :-)

Anyway... the episode of Lost where we found out how Jack got his tattoos. Lost has some high highs... but God damn does it have some low lows, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im gonna toss in The Flash femenazi episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mao episodes of Code Geass. Mao is a cool character and and great concept for a villian, and I get that those episodes created a Chekhov's gun that would later be fired in 'Bloodstained Euffie', but it felt so out of place. He felt like a villain of the week in a show that ordinarily flows very well from plot to plot. Maybe if he was moved later into the story, or if the first season could have added a few episodes during the early days of Lelouche's rise to power...maybe. I can really see why he was cut from the recap movies.

I hate when super heroes “loose their powers” in episodes been a lot, always hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Are... are you mental?

Congratulations, Shinji!

Honestly, just watch End of Eva instead. :-)

Anyway... the episode of Lost where we found out how Jack got his tattoos. Lost has some high highs... but God damn does it have some low lows, too.
    Yeah, EoE was amazing, just a perfect ending to that show.
    Mother pus bucket!

Yeah, EoE was amazing, just a perfect ending to that show.
    The last episodes of Eva tell the same story... Anno just ran outta budget lol. He even shaved his head out of shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I hate when super heroes “loose their powers” in episodes been a lot, always hate it.
    Yeah, hopefully, Thrall will come back stronger than before, which is the trope.
    Mother pus bucket!

Yeah, hopefully, Thrall will come back stronger than before, which is the trope.
    Ya that bs, now I am stronger cause I learned my true power was “whatever bs”

The last episodes of Eva tell the same story... Anno just ran outta budget lol. He even shaved his head out of shame.
    Ah was it? It haven't seen those in 15 years, but I remember something about him having some mental breakthrough. Whereas what I remember from EoE was that everyone returned to the goo, and (probably) that those who wanted could "isolate" themselves into their bodies once more. And that could be a metafor for the mental condition also, I suppose. But that has been 10+ years also, I might not remember it correctly.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    This is what drove me absolutely nuts trying to watch Bleach. Like, the entire show should have just ended with peace after Aizen and him losing his powers permanently but they dragged it on into a very stupid arc afterwards.

As for the main topic here...well, obviously the entire last arc of Bleach comes to mind although I don't know if many would call it a "great show" because of how much filler there was.

Futurama is one of my favorite shows ever but there were a couple really boring/lame episodes like the holiday special explaining Xmas/Robonukkah/Kwanzaa and quite a few in the last seasons after Comedy Central picked it up, although I did quite enjoy the ending and the way they proceeded to air the first episode right after the ending.

Last seasons of GoT are obvious; while I didn't mind where the story went overall, it felt very very rushed. Mistakes like cups laying around and cramming way too much development into such a short period of time were very jarring to what was, until then, a fairly decent show with strong development. Also, was I the only person sitting there while the Night King's army approached Winterfell going "WHY ARE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN A GODDAMN CRYPT WHEN A NECROMANCER TYPE CHARACTER IS COMING?" because seriously, the fuck? Logic just out the window there I guess, and then they didn't really touch on that.

I'm sure I could think of plenty more if I wanted to spend the time on it.

any DS9 episode involving Vic Fontaine

Ah was it? It haven't seen those in 15 years, but I remember something about him having some mental breakthrough. Whereas what I remember from EoE was that everyone returned to the goo, and (probably) that those who wanted could "isolate" themselves into their bodies once more. And that could be a metafor for the mental condition also, I suppose. But that has been 10+ years also, I might not remember it correctly.

There are a couple of different takes on Eva but this is one of my favorites (despite the dude mispronouncing Eva every fucking time).

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    How about the one where everyone on Voyager is slowly dying and right at the end we find out they're just slime copies that were always fated to die and they all just disintegrate moments before they can contact the real Voyager so nobody every knows they existed besides an afterthought log of some space debris.
    I think that was a great episode. As a stand alone it would suck, but it was the continuation of an older previous episode, together they made a coherent nice story and a surprising plot twist. I liked the bitter ending too. (by the way the new warp core was killing them, not their fate)

Not really, instrumentaltiy happens in both but they're not the same story. The original episode ends on a happy, if weird, ending while in EoE shinji rejects the idea and it ends on a much more uncertain tone.

A few people have mentioned Angel episodes........but no one has mentioned that HORRIBLE episode where they were all puppets?!?!

Also.....the few extremely preachy, PC episodes of Doctor Who this past season /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    A few people have mentioned Angel episodes........but no one has mentioned that HORRIBLE episode where they were all puppets?!?!
    Also.....the few extremely preachy, PC episodes of Doctor Who this past season /facepalm
    "Smile Time" episode was brilliant.

the last episode in lucifer season 3... what a fucking waste of time that was, season 3 was too long and had a lot of shit along with way but ending it off with a "what if..." alternate reality episode was just dumb, wish I'd have known to skip it