Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I remember somewhere that a dev said they eventually wanna make portals phased out. mid way expacs have no other way to get to thier lands except by portal while other expacs have transports. the exception being outland and draenor since in lore thats the only way to get to them. Thats also why there are boats now to boralus and zandalar which is great for my low level RP alts who are below 100 or so.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    access maybe? I'd prefer to think that portals are a bit based on social classes where peasants/peons/etc. are not allowed to enter portals unless it's evacuation or necessary
    The dude's pretty much already lost his argument. It's best to move on imo

10+ Year Old Account
    All portals must be removed. Flight points must be removed. Flying must be removed. Ground mounts must be limited for 1 minute per hour. All mobs in the world must scale to 120 level and be dangerous for everyone. Game will be much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I certinally understand why Blizzard added portals now, WoW has become so big. :P

Boats as mentioned are there for lower levels, its true they don;t have many uses like they used to but thats the price of becoming a super MMO with 15 years of content, its only right that they make it easier to get around over time.
    the world is big and empty because 99% of the WORLD of warcraft is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    All portals must be removed. Flight points must be removed. Flying must be removed. Ground mounts must be limited for 1 minute per hour. Game will be much more interesting.
    Ive rp'd walked entire continents multiple times... so challenge accepted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Ive rp'd walked entire continents multiple times... so challenge accepted.
    When everyone will walk continents, that's when things will be interesting. World PvP, you have to find a group or rent a bodyguards. Just reaching a raid will become an adventure itself.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    When everyone will walk continents, that's when things will be interesting. World PvP, you have to find a group or rent a bodyguards. Just reaching a raid will become an adventure itself.
    im an RP'er.. so ive walked from fjord to stormpeaks, from Org to darkshore, thousand needles to ungoro. and even SW to hinterland. and more. sometimes multple times. hell i know i did org to darkshore at least 3 times. hunting elves is fun. or take the boat to kill draenei

For anybody under 110

10+ Year Old Account
    That has nothing to do with boats and Zepplins, the game would be the same way with or without them. I am sure people are not unsubbing because you can;t use a boat as much as they used to. :P

That has nothing to do with boats and Zepplins, the game would be the same way with or without them. I am sure people are not unsubbing because you can;t use a boat as much as they used to. :P
    that was a reply to someone who said the world is to big. whot he fuck visits the older expacs? i go to northrend. i'll be alone in the zones. with maybe 1 or 2 other people in the contenant catching up on content they missed.

As for the boats and zeps, we need more of them. and less portals.. not only are they immersive, many require you to leave the main city to take them to your destination, which makes you get out into the world more.

portals ruin the world because you skip it. mages are the only ones who should portal and they should be given a CD. cause back when they needed reagents they could just buy a bunch and teleport willy nilly.

hell even the hearthstones are abused to hell now with only 15 min cd. less in some cases. Im not asking for an hour back. but 30-45 mins would be better.. that way i actually travel the world to and from my destination.. and sometimes i have to think ahead of when it would be the right time to use the hearthstone instead of "lolz, whenever"

10+ Year Old Account
    that was a reply to someone who said the world is to big. whot he fuck visits the older expacs? i go to northrend. i'll be alone in the zones. with maybe 1 or 2 other people in the contenant catching up on content they missed.

As for the boats and zeps, we need more of them. and less portals.. not only are they immersive, many require you to leave the main city to take them to your destination, which makes you get out into the world more.

portals ruin the world because you skip it. mages are the only ones who should portal and they should be given a CD. cause back when they needed reagents they could just buy a bunch and teleport willy nilly.

hell even the hearthstones are abused to hell now with only 15 min cd. less in some cases. Im not asking for an hour back. but 30-45 mins would be better.. that way i actually travel the world to and from my destination.. and sometimes i have to think ahead of when it would be the right time to use the hearthstone instead of "lolz, whenever"
    Come Shadowlands with the level squish and those boats might see some attention. Personally more boats and Zepps would be nice, it would certainly make Mages more in demand again but I honestly think this complaint is very far down on my list of complaints to WoW's current state (like very far down) :P

Adding more boats and zepplins wont make the world any more fuller, the only places with more people would be the docks and towers they inhabit anyway. The rest of the world remains unaffected by there being portals or not.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-03-14 at 08:01 PM.

I gotta say, this is one of the strangest complaints I have heard about the game.
    OP, do you have any idea what world building means?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No thanks, waiting around for the Zeppelin in classic is ass.
    Just play mage.

Put HS in kargath and then you never have to zepplin or boat any where.

Tho once ZG comes out i guess the STV zepplin is gonna be used a lot more.

Come Shadowlands with the level squish and those boats might see some attention. Personally more boats and Zepps would be nice, it would certainly make Mages more in demand again but I honestly think the portal this is very far down on ym list of complaints to WoW's current state :P
    my biggest thing is i want content i can do at my own time. and have it be long term content.... everything we have is RNG so i cant do it on my own time. or it is short term or instanced scenarios that you do over, and over, and over again.. i hate repetitive content... i dont mind grinding, but doing the same island over and over makes me wanna barf.

not to mention the dungeons in bfa are so fucking boring and unmemorable. i literally dont remember any of thier names... and i fell asleep during one of the boss battles. i fell asleep int he dungeon with zombie rezan and the spider bitch. both of those battles i fell asleep. and i barely kept my eyes open in the trash. took a nice nap after we were done though lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    my biggest thing is i want content i can do at my own time. and have it be long term content.... everything we have is RNG so i cant do it on my own time. or it is short term or instanced scenarios that you do over, and over, and over again.. i hate repetitive content... i dont mind grinding, but doing the same island over and over makes me wanna barf.

not to mention the dungeons in bfa are so fucking boring and unmemorable. i literally dont remember any of thier names... and i fell asleep during one of the boss battles. i fell asleep int he dungeon with zombie rezan and the spider bitch. both of those battles i fell asleep. and i barely kept my eyes open in the trash. took a nice nap after we were done though lmao.
    Now you are moving the subject, this is about Zepplins and boats and the attention to the current game, now you just ranting about BfA lol. We have enough threads already available for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    There's a portal to literally every major city. I understand old content being around, it has its uses. But Zeps are just a travel method that isn't needed anymore.

Thats like giving The Flash a car or motorcycle, nobody would do that and it wouldn't make any sense.
    It's also an RP-element, it makes the world coherent. If you are leveling up, you still have to use the boat to get to Northrend.
    It's adds flavor to the world.

Not everything in the world is about efficiency. Some things might be about enjoyment, leisure, flavor. Not everyone wants to zapp through the world, you know.

Now you are moving the subject, this is about Zepplins and boats and the attention to the current game, now you just ranting about BfA lol. We have enough threads already available for that.
    You said. "but I honestly think the portal this is very far down on ym list of complaints to WoW's current state :P"

So i posted a few of my own complaints. you wanna talk about portals? fine.

Portals NEED to go, with the only exceptions being outlands and draenor as they require portals in the lore to travel to, being they are another planet.

They should even add transportation to pandaria.. they can either use a boat or the air balloons the panda's use.

northrend has boats already

cata zones all are int he world and are reachable in vanilla zones.

Legion / broken islands can use boats to get to them.

and BfA has boats to the main cities, which i like and have used for low level RP characters.

But they can have multiple boat routes so its not just to 1 location. 2-3 different routes would be nice too. so if i need to go to point Z, i can take boat to go to point Y instead of point A because then its a larger travel distance. example is northrend. I can take boat to fjord, or to tundra. hell with venture bay they couldve had a third port. or even one in icecrown or dragon blight.

speaking of northrend. We need more non FP transportation within each land like the tuskarr boats. those go between 3 ports and are good for low levels with no north flying. Azshara has the rocket race way. while it was 1 time use, 1k needles has the canoe to take you to shimmer flats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It's also an RP-element, it makes the world coherent. If you are leveling up, you still have to use the boat to get to Northrend.
    It's adds flavor to the world.

Not everything in the world is about efficiency. Some things might be about enjoyment, leisure, flavor. Not everyone wants to zapp through the world, you know.
    Technically you don't unless you are below level 70/. Once you ding 70 you can take the portal straight to Dalaran, same goes for 60 to Shattrath, even thought there's a quest that tells you to speak with the mage to teleport you to the dark portal you can literally take the portal to Shattrath anyway lol.

Why not abandon any travel while we're at it, hu? /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Why not abandon any travel while we're at it, hu? /s
    we'll swim to Kalimdor dammit...

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    There's a portal to literally every major city. I understand old content being around, it has its uses. But Zeps are just a travel method that isn't needed anymore.

Thats like giving The Flash a car or motorcycle, nobody would do that and it wouldn't make any sense.
    So in this world of half finished content and huge content droughts you think a priority should be taking the time to remove things that are literally just there existing. Its not like there is some dude getting paid to perform maintenance on the digital airships man.