Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Be very prepared to eat those words in a week or two.
    If it's true what they say that people in Italy don't even have police hour and restaurants still work as well as public transport then only in a country retarded enough to allow that. In every sain country that won't happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Heres the world wide metrics to get an idea of how countries are coping.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

I'd like to hope china was being honest with statistics, because it shows how there was a better recovery rate in china then in italy.

In contrast (at the time of writing this) countries like spain are being hit far worse while germany is more better equip for it.

And really thats what this all comes down to. countries not equip for this, not preparing themselves, will have more of a death toll.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    Its going to be one of the highest actually.
    It's around 10% in Italy. 8% or so in Iran. Close to 4% in France, close to 5% in Spain and Britain.

The United States is in 6th place globally in terms of confirmed cases and 6th place in terms of the total numbers of dead.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Total cases per 1mio pop:
    See it now?
    Get back to me when if... the US joins them anytime soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Heres the world wide metrics to get an idea of how countries are coping.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

I'd like to hope china was being honest with statistics, because it shows how there was a better recovery rate in china then in italy.

In contrast (at the time of writing this) countries like spain are being hit far worse while germany is more better equip for it.

And really thats what this all comes down to. countries not equip for this, not preparing themselves, will have more of a death toll.
    Many countries just don't test people, like Finland. We currently only test hospitalized people and health care workers with symptoms.

I called the hospital today and they told me to check in. I went there, they did blood work etc. but didn't take a corona test. Just told me to quarantine myself home and contact them again if my situation becomes unbearable and I need to be hospitalized.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Joins who? Is math not a thing in your country?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Joins who? Is math not a thing in your country?
    200 dead out of 14k...that's the reality now...
    You want to play games with making predictions...get out your ouija board.

I'll wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to cry wolf months later I'm sure.
    That sentence doesn't even make sense.

Trump said "The mortality rate has been low for the amount of cases we have..."
    I find myself in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with him...
    Then you also find yourself in the uncomfortable position of being wrong alongside the most bigly wrongliest person there is.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    If it's true what they say that people in Italy don't even have police hour and restaurants still work as well as public transport then only in a country retarded enough to allow that. In every sain country that won't happen
    Italy is likely (for a number of reasons) to be hit somewhat harder than the US. But Italy hasn't, by a long shot, seen the worst of what they're going to see in the coming weeks, and neither has the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't believe we won't.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That sentence doesn't even make sense.
    I'm sure it will later when you continue to cry about the dead...that haven't died.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    It's around 10% in Italy. 8% or so in Iran. Close to 4% in France, close to 5% in Spain and Britain.

The United States is in 6th place globally in terms of confirmed cases and 6th place in terms of the total numbers of dead.
    1. Italy.............37,860 +5,986 / 4,032 +627
    2. Germany......19,609 +4,528 / 59 +15
    3. Spain...........17,780 +2,335 / 1,044 +213
    4. USA.............16,288 +2,849 / 225 +18
    5. Iran.............11,466 +1,237 / 1,433 +149
    6. France.........10,867 +1,617 / 450 +78
    7. China.............6,569 +59 / 3,248 +3
    8. S. Korea........6,325 +87 / 94 +3
    9. Switzerland....5,298 +1,147 / 56 +3
    10. UK...............3,741 +714 / 177 +33

Active cases is what matters most, not total cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    More infected mean more deaths.
    Who would've guessed?

My point is, Italy cannot be used as a template for the whole world. They have a history of people dying way more than everywhere else.
    No,we're not going to see Italy anywhere else.
    It's starting to happen in Spain. Under which rock do you call home?

15+ Year Old Account

I'll wait and see.
    I use current numbers, I don't need to make predictions. Your death toll is already worse than in Spain. Italy, Spain, Iran, all have a positive total recovered to total death ratio, yours is negative.

Don't let yourself get fooled by small numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account

I'll wait and see.
    You're likening scientific extrapolation of a known curve based on all current knowledge about how infectious diseases operate to... Ouija?

Fuck, you need help.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    US problem is that it does now what should have been done at least 2 weeks ago.

The Healthcare system itself seems to be OK so far there, the federal and local governments just fucked it up by not locking shit down earlier.

I highly doubt US will be anywhere near magnitude of Italy simply because US is very well prepared to handle emergencies or at least leagues better equipped to deal with it than Italy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The Healthcare system itself seems to be OK so far there, the federal and local governments just fucked it up by not locking shit down earlier.
    Aka the same mistake every fucking country has done. Except for El Salvador.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it will later when you continue to cry about the dead...that haven't died.
    If your understanding of the world lacks a rational basis and logic, I'm not sure why I'm surprised that your ridiculous insults exhibit the same deficiencies.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I highly doubt US will be anywhere near magnitude of Italy simply because US is very well prepared to handle emergencies or at least leagues better equipped to deal with it than Italy.
    No it isnt. And many ppl cant even afford healthcare there, those will remain hidden spreaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    Answer me this what happens to the tens of millions of people left jobless and homeless because you just blew the brains out of the world economy for a decade to come? That is what will happen if you do this for 4 months to a year.
    Better than being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Aka the same mistake every fucking country has done. Except for El Salvador.
    I wouldnt use the country that spawned MS31 as an example of something good.

Former WH economic adviser: If everyone stays home for 6 months 'it's going to be like the Great Depression'

Hassett told CNN’s Poppy Harlow that if self-quarantining for the virus is needed into the summer and the fall, the country will either fall into a depression or people will be sent back to work “because at some point we can't not have an economy.”

“If everybody stays home for six months, then, you know, it's hard to — it's going to be like the Great Depression,” he said. “And so the question is just like, if we don't make any progress on the virus, then they're going to have to figure something out to get people back to work.”

“The fact is that if this drags on, then everything starts to unwind,” he said. “And even the big moves that we're seeing right now in Congress are not going to be enough.”

Hassett told CNN earlier this week that the recession seemed inevitable and the number of job losses in March alone could reach 1 million.
    The great depression killed ~ 7million the spanish flu killed 50 mil +

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    So what's the point in shutting everyone down if you're going to force half of the people to go to work anyway?

Also, I wonder where I got the idea you were talking about government action from?
    Here is a good simple explanation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ona-simulator/

Even with half the population having limited mobility, it greatly reduces the rate of the virus spread and stagnates the amount of people having to be hospitalized.