Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You missed the point really hard, I'm already at 475 ilvl, and in previous tiers i got near max-ilvl gear anyways.
    And as I mythic raider I say it's just stupid the best gear is locked behind highest difficulty.
    I would rather have situation like this:
    Raid drops 465, various effort gated activities drop 475

Also don't use buzzwords like welfare gear because it doesn't mean anything.

"people who enjoy challenging content" which is mythic raiding is unfortunately in minority.
    None of what you just said here makes any sense... the goal of a game isn't to artificially pad out its run time theough tedious activities to obtain welfare gear or unlock talents...

As far as a proper difficulty curve goes the harder the content the better the gear hence risk vs reward. When you hand out random welfare gear like your describing it just creates a wait time to do the harder content.

I would mind simply having templates and all gear be cosmetic myself but it will be a cold day in hell before blizz allows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    None of what you just said here makes any sense... the goal of a game isn't to artificially pad out its run time theough tedious activities to obtain welfare gear or unlock talents...

As far as a proper difficulty curve goes the harder the content the better the gear hence risk vs reward. When you hand out random welfare gear like your describing it just creates a wait time to do the harder content.

I would mind simply having templates and all gear be cosmetic myself but it will be a cold day in hell before blizz allows that.
    You again missed the point. Gear shouldn't ever be a goal. And if someone wants it as goal it should not be locked behind skill but effort.

And yes, that is what effort is. If you label everything as tedious, you would be fine with having 465 gear from raids/m+.

You again missed the point. Gear shouldn't ever be a goal. And if someone wants it as goal it should not be locked behind skill but effort.

And yes, that is what effort is. If you label everything as tedious, you would be fine with having 465 gear from raids/m+.
    They just have to put in the effort to full clear a mythic raid or be a gladiator.

They just have to put in the effort to full clear a mythic raid or be a gladiator.
    Or buy a boost, i mean put effort into making/buying some gold. Which is even worse than making people do various stuff.

The whole problem of doing mythic is having 19 other people and set schedule.

Or buy a boost, i mean put effort into making/buying some gold. Which is even worse than making people do various stuff.

The whole problem of doing mythic is having 19 other people and set schedule.
    Sounds like you just don't want to put effort into the game.

Sounds like you just don't want to put effort into the game.
    How can you misinterpret it so badly is beyond me. Thing is, I want to put effort, or at least have a reason.
    But the thing is, I don't really need to since most of my gear comes from raids/m+ chest.

I like raids but I wish better gear came in from elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    So why are you quoting me then? That's kinda my point, I was pointing out how flawed @BeepBoo's argument was, by applying a different metric just as arbitrary.

Also, Essences will definitely go away when 9.0 hits, and people will complain about that, just liked they did with Artifact Weaponss and the abilities/effects they brought, even though it was quite obvious from the very start of Legion. People that can't see that remind me of Disco Stu.

It's progression that's limited to the current expansion, and that will go away when the next expansion comes around. Some bits may be made baseline, but there's no guarantee for that.
    Funny part is that Blizzard is completly invalidating players gear and effort every single patch. But for some reason players are fine with it. But when Blizzard will get rid of essences after 2 years what belongs i to same cathegory as gear most people will go on riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    They currently are core abilities.
    Currently, we use them. Like Trinkets with On-Use effects.
    Essences don't even factor into rotations/priorities except taking up a spot, no specific synergies with your class abilities.
    But even stuff that changes rotations, like a set bonus, wouldn't qualify as a "core ability".
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

You missed the point really hard, I'm already at 475 ilvl, and in previous tiers i got near max-ilvl gear anyways.
    And as I mythic raider I say it's just stupid the best gear is locked behind highest difficulty.
    I would rather have situation like this:
    Raid drops 465, various effort gated activities drop 475

Also don't use buzzwords like welfare gear because it doesn't mean anything.

"people who enjoy challenging content" which is mythic raiding is unfortunately in minority.
    well you kinda have this now. you can put in what 16 sockets on gear ? each giving you what 50 bis stat making it 800 extra bis secondary stat ? and technicaly everyone can upgrade gear this way .

i do think that they should have gone further with this system giving also option to upgrade +10 itlv on each piece and even to put in tertiary stats on gear.

then main could really mean main character.

but content should be tuned without those upgrades.

then we would achieve both really strong progression as well as nerf over time and people having fun playing last tier of expansion as well as having fun while leveling in next expansion.

That is exactly the problem you displayed right here, elitism, entitlement and gatekeeping.
    Why do you need gear for pet battling? Have a unique xmog that is cool as hell and people will be able to choose whether or not to do it. Gear has literally no function in pet battling.

- - - Updated - - -

The point of gear is to clear content once content is clear most raiders no longer care about gear outside of parsing to make farm less boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Currently, we use them. Like Trinkets with On-Use effects.
    Essences don't even factor into rotations/priorities except taking up a spot, no specific synergies with your class abilities.
    But even stuff that changes rotations, like a set bonus, wouldn't qualify as a "core ability".
    Except enabling entirely different builds like Gluttony DH

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well you kinda have this now. you can put in what 16 sockets on gear ? each giving you what 50 bis stat making it 800 extra bis secondary stat ? and technicaly everyone can upgrade gear this way .

i do think that they should have gone further with this system giving also option to upgrade +10 itlv on each piece and even to put in tertiary stats on gear.

then we would achieve both really strong progression as well as nerf over time and people having fun playing last tier of expansion as well as having fun while leveling in next expansion.
    You can tune content around not having certain upgrade or bonus only if that power isnt acessible to masses. If something can be earned by anyone than you have to tune content around it. Thats why Legedary items back in TBC and Vannila felt so powerfull. Blizz couldnt tune content around them becouse only small % of players could get them. Thats not case for anything we have right now. Everything is acessbile to everyone.

Why do you need gear for pet battling? Have a unique xmog that is cool as hell and people will be able to choose whether or not to do it. Gear has literally no function in pet battling.

- - - Updated - - -

The point of gear is to clear content once content is clear most raiders no longer care about gear outside of parsing to make farm less boring.

- - - Updated - - -

azerite gear enables gluttony not essences, what the fuck are you even talking about

I am sure Anima Power will be like Artefact Power. Just with a new name.

From what I can find, Vision of Perfection makes a Gluttony build better, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist before.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

From what I can find, Vision of Perfection makes a Gluttony build better, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist before.
    You'd play VoP as a minor depending on how your tank would pull and how many extra meta casts you'd get in a dungeon. that has nothing to do with gluttony

The only thing that interacts with gluttony is the eyes of rage trait where eye beam (cd) is reduced when you consume souls. dassit.
    Last edited by Kehego; 2020-03-20 at 03:12 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

That is a moot point, 480 with socket will be stronger than 470 with socket. So no, best gear is not accessible for everyone. And I would say it's not even accessible to some players with very good skill - ex trinkets for people who only do M+.

How can you misinterpret it so badly is beyond me. Thing is, I want to put effort, or at least have a reason.
    But the thing is, I don't really need to since most of my gear comes from raids/m+ chest.

I like raids but I wish better gear came in from elsewhere.
    I'm not I'm just taking your logic to its inevitable conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    You'd play VoP as a minor depending on how your tank would pull and how many extra meta casts you'd get in a dungeon. that has nothing to do with gluttony

The only thing that interacts with gluttony is the eyes of rage trait where eye beam (cd) is reduced when you consume souls. dassit.
    Gluttony is the tank build lol where you play vop as major

10+ Year Old Account
    That... kind of happened with Artifacts. As you leveled up your weapon, you'd learn either new abilities or abilities that augmented your existing skills, making them more dynamic and powerful.

Then, despite every possible source of end-game content from dungeons to PvP to raids rewarding you with AP, people hated it because they wanted everything ASAP sk they could be bleeding-edge progression ready, despite the fact that they wouldn't be clearing mythic until weeks after the top raid guilds had cleared it anyway, if they ever even got to mythic at all.

Then Blizzard didn't futz with it anymore.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Gluttony is the tank build lol where you play vop as major
    you're right, I was describing demonic appetite.