Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Dragon Soul was a better raid than Nya'lotha.
    Really, no. Definitely no.
    Liked deathwing fight, that's all

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I am not terribly impressed with 8.3 myself, it being a major step down from the glorious 8.2, but some trolls here claiming Dragon Soul was better than Nyalotha? Really??

Yeah... those guys are just trolling, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Cata wasn't that bad. Dragon Soul was though.
    Agree with you there. Another thing I hated about cataclysm ya how deathwing was handled. See him a few times and that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhas View Post
    6.2 will always be the worst final patch
    lol why?

WoD was a bad xpac, but 6.2 as a patch was incredible. It was one of the largest too. It even added Mythic Dungeons and Timewalking for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    In my opinion, the last great patch was Throne of Thunder. Just look at the insane amount of stuff it added. It's also the last expansion that added a lot of stuff, although you can tell it was do or die with Legion in some aspects of it so I'll give it bonus points, but it's also the birthplace of World of Systems. I don't know if the new systems are just too cumbersome for designing the game on a technical level, or just miscalculations, but BfA has been like a WoD that only started average.

Also I'll add, and impopular opinion but.. I actually think WoD was a nice x.0 launch, other than tech difficulties and the obvious cuts to it. It just had only raids released after that, other than Tanaan, so it really fell flat. But again imo, the first month or two was a lot of fun.
    Blackrock foundry is one of the best raids of all time. But ok you were talking about patches as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    2.4 was an excellent patch in every regard. "Filler patch" with a huge island full of daily quests (that brought the server community closer together), a dungeon and a huge raid plus catch up mechanics for alts. Fury of the Sunwell was a great final patch.
    WTF.

The sunwell isle is in fact the smallest and the isle with the least content after the dino isle in mop (which was side content to the thunder isle).

The Sunwell Plateau was also a very small raid. It had like what, 6-7 bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    Yeah it made me quit after 1 month and its sad because I've been a long time wow player but as I grew older I realized I can enjoy wow without needing to play it. I can still participate in discussion and watching lore videos/ YT videos without needing to keep an active subscription. It's a freeing feeling to be able to not have to worry about WQs, or slave assault dailies of patch 8.3. I am a free boi and it feels mighty fine. I can still enjoy the world of warcraft without needing to play it .

10+ Year Old Account
    dragon soul raid was amazing?
    u trolling right?
    worst ending i may agree, but worst patch not by miles ? DS is the WORST raid in wow history, i can easily see that and i didn't even play cataclysm
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    WTF.

The sunwell isle is in fact the smallest and the isle with the least content after the dino isle in mop (which was side content to the thunder isle).

He killed me with the "huge island" part :P
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    WTF.

it still was amazing for its era
    don't judge tbc with current standards, while i enjoyed Vanilla a LOT, there are many things changed that i don't ever want them back, like gcd (which blizz brought) or how painfully slow lvling was, or no heirlooms, or 18 slot bag, or mount take slot, or pets take slot and so on
    I rank TBC as either 2nd or 3rd best time i played wow ever, but while MoP is lower than TBC for me, if i have to pick either TBC or MoP right now to play, i'd play MoP hands down with zero hesitation, even if patch 5.1 is one of worst patches ever in wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    He killed me with the "huge island" part :P
    probably because we couldn't fly in it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    there is no content. only layers.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    it still was amazing for its era
    don't judge tbc with current standards, while i enjoyed Vanilla a LOT, there are many things changed that i don't ever want them back, like gcd (which blizz brought) or how painfully slow lvling was, or no heirlooms, or 18 slot bag, or mount take slot, or pets take slot and so on
    I rank TBC as either 2nd or 3rd best time i played wow ever, but while MoP is lower than TBC for me, if i have to pick either TBC or MoP right now to play, i'd play MoP hands down with zero hesitation, even if patch 5.1 is one of worst patches ever in wow
    Don't get me wrong, I liked this patch and all and I agree with what you're saying. But then again it's also silly to say that it was a huge island with a huge raid, even though it was quite the opposite. Even the very few daily quests it had were very simplistic and quickly done. There has been a lot of progress in WoW after all since TBC and the sunwell isle, while still having nice aesthetics and all, it simply isn't anywhere close on the level to what we got in MoP, Tanaan and Argus.

Holy hell kiddos do not remember anything.

Both DS and HFC were magnitudes worse. You could probably even argue for Sunwell to an extent because of how fucking quick it was.

11/10 OP. I bit the bait.

In terms of end of expansion I'm definitely having way more fun right now than I did at the end of WoD, Cata or even WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    That raid could actually be called the first of Cataclysm's.
    Yes. The devs should have paid attention to how poorly it was received.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I think so yes, Just because I think BFA was a massive mistep. IMO we should of started with old gods, and not a faction war, that way when we fought Nzoth it would have meaning not be a last min boss half of us knew nothing about.
    I mean look at the structure of the expansion
    helping Zandalari/Kultiras out, Fighting a Sudo old god.
    All out war between the factions, with Alliance invading a Horde city and killing a leader
    Suddenly Azshara, we begin to hold hands, and say "Maybe we shouldnt fight"
    Fight Nzoth, we now are at peace.

BFA should of done one of two things, focus on the Zanadarli/Kultiras story line with 8.2 being the aftermath of the raid not sure what 8.3 would be but again If the expansion was advertised as a faction war thats what it should of been

Or 8.1 being more Old god stuff, after the defeat of Ghuun, 8.2 More old god stuff, Then 8.3 as it is. Build up Nzoth a villain in the corner from the start whispering in our ear through the expansion, Build him up so it doesnt feel like he is thrown in last min at the end of expansion because they need a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't around for legion's but I have to say it was as I came back with all my toons mid 100s and with no artifact weapon powers. granted it's my fault for quitting but still. but as a whole I think BFA is fairly awful. but it's been downhill as far as I'm concerned since "pathfinder."

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    rDid you also forget the Annual Pass where Blizz locked people into paying for that garbage for a year to get Diablo 3 (one of the worst games ever at launch) for free? Good lord man.
    If you think Diablo 3 was the worst game ever at any point your perspective is so fucked up your opinion is meaningless.

Dragon Soul takes the cake and it isn't even a contest.

This patch could've been much better, yes, but 4.3 was the biggest mess ever introduced in this game.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Well, 4.3 introduced Transmog, so that's kinda a plus...
    That saved 4.3 100%

Best addition ever imo.