Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You dont need to repeat it, even if it's only to reassure yourself
    Mate, posts like yours are basically a stable part of this sites traffic for over 10 years and absolutely ignore the fact that people are allowed to have different opinions.
    So, before you talk about "repeating things", you should look at your own post first.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    It's amazing how this troll op started 7 pages of discussion.

Every single one here defending Cata's last patch has either never played it or a bad memory. Boring raid, one-time dungeons, no content whatsoever. I was lucky back then having a raid guild to raid DS at least, but we didn't have fun with it, especially compared to FL.
    If you are a fan of transmog and 5man dungeons...enlighten me how 4.3 was a massive disappointment to those people.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhas View Post
    6.2 will always be the worst final patch
    6.2 was a great patch overshadowed by the fail of 6.1
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    We got 3 dungeons, a world(sorta?) boss, transmog, void storage, a new Darkmoon Faire, LFR, and a new raid. There's definitely been worse patches. Remember the voice chat patch in BC?
    The awfulness of Dragon Soul shines through. It was a game quitting patch for me, and it took quite some time before the sheer awesomeness of MoP lured me back in 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Agree with you there. Another thing I hated about cataclysm ya how deathwing was handled. See him a few times and that’s it.
    Deathwing was prolly still handled a lot better than N'Zoth though, lol.

But yeah, Dragon Soul was rough.

Last patch of lich King added a 1 boss raid and nothing else....
    Last edited by Playintrafic; 2020-03-22 at 08:14 PM.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Except that's exactly what you did on spine, you stacked in the middle till you needed to roll, then you stacked in a hole for a roll, then you stacked back in the middle ... other then the tanks there was no reason to run around and if you did run around you could cause a roll when you didn't need one.

Maybe you you forgot you played Cata? Cause personally I cleared Mythic multiple times with my guild for mounts.
    mythic didn't exist then. Try harder.

retail is trash what did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Easily. Not even a question for me anymore. This patch is IN MY OPINION a travesty
    It's funny the more and more content they put out the worse people think it is.....
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I think a brand new zone would've helped 8.3 a lot, and no corruption. Aside from that it's the best end of expansion patch in terms of improving the actual expansion imo

- - - Updated - - -

3 dungeons
    dungeon finder
    That was 3.3. I assume they are talking about the Ruby Sanctum patch which was technically the final patch of Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Dragon Soul has well-designed fights.

It did not have a well-designed raid. Basically everything in it was a re-used asset from somewhere else.
    Who values art assets over raid encounters?

I'm surrounded by casuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    That was 3.3. I assume they are talking about the Ruby Sanctum patch which was technically the final patch of Wrath.
    *3.3.5 was the first patch of Cataclysm's story which started with the Ruby Sanctum.

I wasn't there for several of them so can't really give a fair opinion. Still, rather than final patches and just focusing on patches, it'd have to contend with the SELFIE patch. Fun toy, not worth an entire patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you are a fan of transmog and 5man dungeons...enlighten me how 4.3 was a massive disappointment to those people.
    Transmog and 5man dungeons without mythic+ can't carry a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    For me? 5.4 was a little bit worse. And you've forgotten about 6.2, that was actually good for casual players, as it turned WOD to what it should have been right from start - Garrison PLUS Outdoor content, not just Garrison alone. But 8.3 is bad, yeah. Just because last patch of xpack has always been about nerfs to allow players to complete all their stuff, while waiting for new xpack to release. Blizzard think, that keeping difficulty at the same level, as at release, will keep players playing. Hell, no. Challenge - isn't reason, why I play this game. I do good things to feel my usefulness and get progression/participation rewards for it - I collect mounts, transmogs, sets, etc. This won't be boring for me, even if I will one-shot all mobs on my way. That's why players go to old dungeons/raids to do transmog and mount runs. Blizzard just can't understand this concept. I guess, there are no casual players among Blizzard development team to understand it. Competition - is actually cancer, that kills good games.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2020-03-22 at 04:56 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

8.3 so far is the best patch at least since mop. Nothing even comes close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I liked this patch and all and I agree with what you're saying. But then again it's also silly to say that it was a huge island with a huge raid, even though it was quite the opposite. Even the very few daily quests it had were very simplistic and quickly done. There has been a lot of progress in WoW after all since TBC and the sunwell isle, while still having nice aesthetics and all, it simply isn't anywhere close on the level to what we got in MoP, Tanaan and Argus.
    it was first patch to really introduce dailies, the only dailies we had prior were EPL towers 'daily', the 1 pvp quest daily in each zone in outland, skitties dailies (god i still remember daze death), orgilla dailies (again with 60% mount it was basically wipefeast), dragonmaw dailies which only started way later when i finally got 5k gold (which took ages)
    i'd say sunwell path brought lot of good dailies, with what i recall good token reward to help u get the best gear for sunwell, with lot of diversity not just go kill x or y
    Of course Tanaan is far better, i'd rank Tanaan best last patch imo just because all its content u can fly instead of the usual f8ck ur flying (specially Legion, Legion we had flying for 5 months only relevant... i feel cheated), but TBC was still revolutionary for its time, i think it even brought cooking/fishing daily with it (or was it 2.3?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If you literally mean "last patch" then Ruby Sanctum would win in the shit department, I guess.

Also SWP patch wasn't really filled to the brim with stuff. 6 boss (gated) raid, dailies and the "merely a setback" 5 man that shat all over the actual KT raid encounter.

Also let us not forget ....although we had a boner for Classic what 1.11 and 1.12 brought us. A tough as nails raid that hardly anyone saw, rep farm to enter it...and eventually cross - realm BGs.

So I think there are plenty contenders. Though ppl who love dungeons probably would have like 1 or 2 Old god themed 5 mans in 8.3.
    no one call RS last patch of wotlk, not even blizz
    last patch is 3.3, that was a 3.3.5 bonus, not a full patch, ironic from same company that called selfie patch an actual patch
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    Answer to your Question : No

Thanks for the great thread :-0

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Transmog and 5man dungeons without mythic+ can't carry a patch.
    Then compare it to 8.3.

Did it offer *new* content for M+? It just uses existing content like before, if a new Affix is that gamebreaking to you, well, i can't help you.
    What do you have outside of that? N'zoth Assaults and Visions, neither of those will carry a patch that's going to last for ~8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    WTF.

The sunwell isle is in fact the smallest and the isle with the least content after the dino isle in mop (which was side content to the thunder isle).

The Sunwell Plateau was also a very small raid. It had like what, 6-7 bosses?
    What are you even talking about? It was TBC. What kind of reference do we have for a "patch zone"? Yeah, none. And small raid? It barely mattered, almost nobody was able to progress in there because people were stuck in BT. 2.4 still worked in that regard and was received very well on top of that. Compared to patches half a decade later? Meh. For that time it was amazing.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-03-22 at 05:32 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    definitely the best final patch since sunwell in BC like 12 years ago