10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That might work - come out with statements about following medical guidelines for social distances and staying inside. Being "Presidential" - and repeating what the head doctor has said.

And yeah, the relief package. Hmmmm...good idea.
    He could roll out a "Java with Joe" format where he releases a short video every couple days.

He could do:
    -Social distancing -- what is it and why does it matter (talk about flattening the curve)
    -The relief package and you -- what do you get and when?
    -Refresher on how unemployment works -- how to get your benefits and what strings are attached.
    -Current CDC recommendations and what it means for you.
    -I think I have COVID -- what do I do??

And so on and so on. It would make him look knowledgeable and reliable and add to his personable perception.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    He could roll out a "Java with Joe" format where he releases a short video every couple days.

He could do:
    -Social distancing -- what is it and why does it matter (talk about flattening the curve)
    -Refresher on how unemployment works -- how to get your benefits and what strings are attached.

And so on and so on. It would make him look knowledgeable and reliable and add to his personable perception.
    He could also add in areas he would have requested or insisted upon being in the legislation. When do you join his staff?

He could do:

Who in the world is tuning in to watch that?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Wouldn't matter. It would be out there. And it would get covered. And he would be getting media time.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of scared people looking for information? And even if the audience is limited who would it hurt?

- - - Updated - - -

When do you join his staff?
    ugh no. I'd rather put splinters under my fingernails.

But food for thought - if some random schlub like me on the internet can come up with this why isn't anyone doing it? Trump is having dear leader moments to frame just how much of a narcissist and sociopath he is and a lot of other politicians are either in attack mode or silent.
    Forum badass alert:

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Spicy Bernie is the best Bernie.

[...]
    The ultimate tragedy is that Sanders fought for the most modest of proposals, something barely even a hint radical. And he had to exhaust himself to do it.

Honestly I still want this bill killed. The trillions given away? Everything else in this bill is so terrible that it being passed is a sin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Much like other cases that popped up, I'm not really even sure exactly what people mean when they say hearsay from decades ago should be investigated. Short of someone producing surprising physical evidence, what's the plan? Just ask a bunch of people, "hey, you ever see those two together and did he seem rapey?" or what? In most of the examples, no one much denies that the two people were together at some point and no one much knows what happened behind closed doors, so it's basically just relying on people's intuition about something they half remember from decades earlier.
    If was enough for them to go after Kavanaugh on his confirmation hearing.

A lot of scared people looking for information? And even if the audience is limited who would it hurt?
    Why in the world would anyone that's scared and looking for information want to get it from Joe Biden? I just can't imagine who's watching that.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't matter. It would be out there. And it would get covered. And he would be getting media time.
    That does seem like the Joe 2020 campaign in general. Is anyone watching? Nah. But it's OK, the media's got his back!

It doesn't help that Biden is famous for invading people's personal space. Obviously it's not as bad as bragging about sexually assaulting women like Trump did, but that's not really going to matter.

This seems pretty fuzzy - which procedure would confirm a story about a putative encounter from a few decades ago?
    We literally just went through this with Kavanaugh except they left out tons of witnesses. You verify her story through interviewing third parties and records if you can find any.

This Virus seems to have taken all the steam out of Biden's campaign. Hopefully he can pick it up because it would be catastrophic to have Trump for 4 more years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why in the world would anyone that's scared and looking for information want to get it from Joe Biden? I just can't imagine who's watching that.
    Yeah it's really hard to even imagine who would listen to the democratic nominee for president and potential next president in a time of unprecedented crisis. I mean clearly no one at all in all the country would be interested. How silly of me for even thinking it.
    Forum badass alert:

Yeah it's really hard to even imagine who would listen to the democratic nominee for president and potential next president in a time of unprecedented crisis. I mean clearly no one at all in all the country would be interested. How silly of me for even thinking it.
    People like to type anyone/everyone when they mean I/myself.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    ugh no. I'd rather put splinters under my fingernails.

But food for thought - if some random schlub like me on the internet can come up with this why isn't anyone doing it? Trump is having dear leader moments to frame just how much of a narcissist and sociopath he is and a lot of other politicians are either in attack mode or silent.
    Not sure - I would guess that they have things well in hand though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    This Virus seems to have taken all the steam out of Biden's campaign. Hopefully he can pick it up because it would be catastrophic to have Trump for 4 more years.
    Biden essentially just got the nomination, but they are still technically in the primary season. IMO there wasn't any steam lost because it hadn't really began. July is when things will really get rolling.

Not sure - I would guess that they have things well in hand though.

- - - Updated - - -

Biden essentially just got the nomination, but they are still technically in the primary season. IMO there wasn't any steam lost because it hadn't really began. July is when things will really get rolling.
    I hope you are right, but he's essentially dropped off the face of the planet, meanwhile Trump is on tv and all over the internet everyday basically holding mini rallies gaslighting and bumping his approval ratings from low info voters, which I'm getting deja vu from with how they covered him in 2016. I'm even seeing Bernie here and there on the some news making some splashes against republicans and Trump, but no coverage or anything from Biden. He doesn't want to debate Bernie again, which also takes away precious tv time from him and more on Corona and Trump. I hope you are right, things will get rolling in a few months, but I just don't have much faith.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I hope you are right, but he's essentially dropped off the face of the planet, meanwhile Trump is on tv and all over the internet everyday basically holding mini rallies gaslighting and bumping his approval ratings from low info voters, which I'm getting deja vu from with how they covered him in 2016. I'm even seeing Bernie here and there on the some news making some splashes against republicans and Trump, but no coverage or anything from Biden. He doesn't want to debate Bernie again, which also takes away precious tv time from him and more on Corona and Trump. I hope you are right, things will get rolling in a few months, but I just don't have much faith.
    In normal things we'd see the Democrats fighting still re the Convention, Sanders and Biden debating again, a mixed bag at any time. Trump would be crafting his hate messages and airing them everywhere, plus pushing more ridiculousness on Biden as well.

The Democrat's Convention is in July. We weren't going to hear much directly from Biden anyways until then. In July, if we're back to some semblence of normal, Biden will come out of the much-covered DNC with the nomination, a female VP running mate, and a sitting President licking his wounds from national incompetence.

I'm not sure it could be much better for Biden at this point.

And Trump is drowning in Corona Virus bullshit - the entire thing is only going to get worse for him over the next few months. You'll notice his approvals are only around the high 40's to low 50's overall, with the Pandemic piece in the 50's to 60's? Those are bad numbers given the circumstances. Very bad. They should be much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Bullshit. Trump is in front of the nation every single day to an audience of millions. Biden is putting out youtube videos with production quality and view counts that would embarrass a 16 year old Overwatch streamer.
    To be honest though, we're in the middle of a Historic Pandemic. Biden could have a movie-budgeted documentary put out and it STILL would not top any charts compared to the President's speaking at this point.

People are watching Dumbass Dump because he's the fucking Presi(*urp*)dent durring a historic crisis. That's not something you can compete with... only record and use later for when the fires settle down. That's the only reason he's out there - because he HAS to be out there as people are watching because they're wanting leadership at this time and to inspire hope in dark times (*goddess help us to think that Dump is our main source for that...I'm so glad my state's mayor is calling his shit out and is acting awesomely ATM!).

Chances are I'm betting Dumbass Dump is arguing behind-the-scenes that he doesn't want to do these speeches and just wants to go golfing instead, pretending it doesn't exist. >_<

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    To be honest though, we're in the middle of a Historic Pandemic. Biden could have a movie-budgeted documentary put out and it STILL would not top any charts compared to the President's speaking at this point.

People are watching Dumbass Dump because he's the fucking Presi(*urp*)dent durring a historic crisis. That's not something you can compete with... only record and use later for when the fires settle down. That's the only reason he's out there - because he HAS to be out there as people are watching because they're wanting leadership at this time and to inspire hope in dark times (*goddess help us to think that Dump is our main source for that...I'm so glad my state's mayor is calling his shit out and is acting awesomely ATM!).

Chances are I'm betting Dumbass Dump is arguing behind-the-scenes that he doesn't want to do these speeches and just wants to go golfing instead, pretending it doesn't exist. >_<
    Agreed. Biden and everyone else is taking a distant second place to the Pandemic and Trump. Can't be avoided. Our only hope, and so far it's well placed, is that Cheeto will be his own worst enemy. And he's "Mission Accomplishing" that in droves.

Have you seen that ad Donnie Small Hands tried to Cease and Desist? Glorious. And it's only the beginning.

And Trump is drowning in Corona Virus bullshit - the entire thing is only going to get worse for him over the next few months. You'll notice his approvals are only around the high 40's to low 50's overall, with the Pandemic piece in the 50's to 60's? Those are bad numbers given the circumstances. Very bad. They should be much higher.
    I've currently got a little self-admitted conspiracy theory that maybe Dump WANTS things to get as worse as possible so he can call off the 2020 election entirely. Yes, I honestly do believe Dumbass Dump is that selfish and petty. I've long stated that man will be more than willing to table-flip the gameboard before he admits any defeat, and this virus could be weaponized into his (mental) favor. Yes yes yes, numbers will hate him for his handling... you think that fukwit thinks that far ahead!? This is the guy who thought a Reporter asking if he has any words to calm Scared Americans thought it was a personal attack on him for Goddess' sake! >_<

- - - Updated - - -

Have you seen that ad Donnie Small Hands tried to Cease and Desist? Glorious. And it's only the beginning.
    No, actually I haven't! Is it earlier in this thread somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I've currently got a little self-admitted conspiracy theory that maybe Dump WANTS things to get as worse as possible so he can call off the 2020 election entirely. Yes, I honestly do believe Dumbass Dump is that selfish and petty. I've long stated that man will be more than willing to table-flip the gameboard before he admits any defeat, and this virus could be weaponized into his (mental) favor. Yes yes yes, numbers will hate him for his handling... you think that fukwit thinks that far ahead!? This is the guy who thought a Reporter asking if he has any words to calm Scared Americans thought it was a personal attack on him for Goddess' sake! >_<

- - - Updated - - -

No, actually I haven't! Is it earlier in this thread somewhere?
    He can't call off the election. He has 0 power on elections. It's the secretary of state of each state that is in charge of the elections.