Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    what expansion had fun content then? None. All the fun goes off after you have done it 10 times.
    Correct. Players simply go play something else when they get bored with the content. Could be the best content ever in existence, and it will still cause boredom.

...Except for the most devout, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Siege's and Hellfire Citadel's were way worse.
    Both of those raids(and expansions) were better, which made those droughts not a big deal. Now I'd happily have a long BfA drought if it means they get Shadowlands right, but I know a lot of other people don't share that opinion.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-03-29 at 03:40 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Both of those raids(and expansions) were better, which made those droughts not a big deal. Now I'd happily have a long BfA drought if it means they get Shadowlands right, but I know a lot of other people don't share that opinion.
    that is subjective. I hated MoP to my guts and timeless isle was fun for almost a week. Mechagon is way better version of it. That's subjective too. BfA is no way near as bad as WoD in regards of content and if you think, that it's subjective then I would say enjoy your selfie cam for a major patch. I will enjoy Visions.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    that is subjective. I hated MoP to my guts and timeless isle was fun for almost a week. Mechagon is way better version of it. That's subjective too. BfA is no way near as bad as WoD in regards of content and if you think, that it's subjective then I would say enjoy your selfie cam for a major patch. I will enjoy Visions.
    Actually I think I'll enjoy my fun classes, raids and CMs. Obviously WoD had less content than BfA, there's no disputing that, but I absolutely think WoD was a better quality expansion than BfA. Quantity is not everything. The selfie camera also didn't make the game worse, unlike a lot of things in BfA(the implementations of essences/corruption we ended up with, for example, or basically the entirety of class design/balance)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-03-29 at 03:55 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Actually I think I'll enjoy my fun classes, raids and CMs. Obviously WoD had less content than BfA, there's no disputing that, but I absolutely think WoD was a better quality expansion than BfA. Quantity is not everything. The selfie camera also didn't make the game worse, unlike a lot of things in BfA(the implementations of essences/corruption we ended up with, for example, or basically the entirety of class design/balance)
    Then why dedicate an entire major patch to the selfie cam if it doesn't improve or worsen the game?
    We didn't even get the backgrounds that came with it till Legion/BFA

5+ Year Old Account
    On release it was the worst final patch for sure.

But since all the changes its fine.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

- Clearing Raids
    - Doing World Quest Objectives
    - Achievement Hunting
    - Farming Dungeons for Gold
    - Selling Pots / Flasks
    - PvPing for Gears
    - Clearing HV
    - Doing the Old World content
    - Discovering secrets
    - Leveling my alts
    - Keystone runs
    - Transmog runs

Yeah, there's plenty of stuff for me to do until Shadowlands hits the market in late 2021 / early 2022.
    Check out my drones guide!

Things to do in Vanilla:
    Raid
    R14 grind
    Repeat on alts

Things to do in BC:
    Raid
    Arenas
    Repeat on alts

Things to do in Wrath:
    Raid
    Arenas
    Repeat on alts

Things to do in Cata:
    Raid
    CMs
    Arenas
    RBG
    Repeat on alts

Things to do in Panda:
    Raid
    CMs
    Arenas
    RBG
    Repeat on alts

Things to do in WoD:
    Raid
    CMs
    Arenas
    RBG
    Repeat on alts

Things to do in Legion:
    Mage Tower
    Raid
    M+
    Arenas
    RBG
    Repeat on alts

Things to do on BFA:
    Horrific visions
    Raid
    M+
    Arenas
    RBG
    Repeat on alts

BFA is on pair with Legion on content for the last patch, has more content than Wod/Panda/Cata and MUCH more content than BC/LK/Vanilla. You may not like the content or be burned out of the game (as am i) but the content is there. I've been playing BFA since closed beta too, had every class leveled on beta + equiped on mythic + did one of the first (if not the first) not in time M+15 on the beta, so it's clear why am i burned out; just ask yourself if you've been playing too much or overloading yourself with tasks that you don't consider fun.

Welcome to the end of an expansion with Blizzard. Take my advice and just unsubscribe until SL if you’re bored. I wish I would have during the lull between WoD and Legion, I don’t like Stormwind anymore after wandering aimlessly every day in it during that period.
    Mighty one, never forget.

BfA from the start feels like a neverending drought...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    Things to do in Vanilla:
    Raid
    R14 grind
    Repeat on alts

Things to do in BC:
    Raid
    Arenas
    Repeat on alts

Things to do in Wrath:
    Raid
    Arenas
    Repeat on alts

Things to do in Cata:
    Raid
    CMs
    Arenas
    RBG
    Repeat on alts

Things to do in Panda:
    Raid
    CMs
    Arenas
    RBG
    Repeat on alts

Things to do in WoD:
    Raid
    CMs
    Arenas
    RBG
    Repeat on alts

Things to do in Legion:
    Mage Tower
    Raid
    M+
    Arenas
    RBG
    Repeat on alts

Things to do on BFA:
    Horrific visions
    Raid
    M+
    Arenas
    RBG
    Repeat on alts

BFA is on pair with Legion on content for the last patch, has more content than Wod/Panda/Cata and MUCH more content than BC/LK/Vanilla. You may not like the content or be burned out of the game (as am i) but the content is there. I've been playing BFA since closed beta too, had every class leveled on beta + equiped on mythic + did one of the first (if not the first) not in time M+15 on the beta, so it's clear why am i burned out; just ask yourself if you've been playing too much or overloading yourself with tasks that you don't consider fun.
    Thank you.

Finally someone who gets it.

I disagree. I think the first THREE droughts in BFA (2 weeks after launch, after Ghuun and after Jaina) felt FAR worse than the current one.

BFA is the first WoW expansion that actually had patches (therefore excluding WoD) with so much downtime. For me, personally, not having Tier-Set was a huge part of it since it made clearing raids more than once a complete waste of time.

I'm not joking when i say that for me personally BFA had less content after 2 weeks than even WoD had - WoD lasted ~4 weeks for me.

Edit: The Tier-Set argument extends to PvP-Tier from vendors as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    Please don't compare pre-Cata raids to LFR / post-Cata raids. It's something entirely different as the newest tier always devaluates the previous tier. This wasn't the case in Classic, TBC and even WotLK. The other things you've listed are true but raids post-Cata were never as lasting as the ones before the introduction of LFR / multiple difficulties.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    You can most definitely leave the house. This virus is an absolute joke.
    people like you are why it is not an absolute joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    Infowars is an amazing source of information and world news. Most definitely more in line with America's values than CNN, MSNBC, and Fox.
    LOLOLOL you mean the guy who thinks sandy hook shooting was a hoax and harassed the victims families?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    We got a fraction of that and are taking precautions.

Some fucknuts are angry because people are "overreacting" as "we only have a few people sick, it can't be that bad!"
    dude is an infowar viewer, no use trying to bring logic into things.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Essences/corruption were the things done in BfA right for sure. Balance at launch maybe not so much but it's fun and gave you something to do. That is again subjective. But content drought is CONTENT drought not "things which I specifically like to do" drought. WoD had nothing outside of PvP or Raids. We have that in BfA, plus m+, islands, warfronds, visions and assaults.
    I mean running a multistrike frost mage was fun, but it did not reduce the content drought after I have farmed the raid to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    WoW is the only game next to maybe CS:GO, League and Fortnite that doesn't need new content to retain players. Battlegrounds, Arenas, Mythic Raids, +20 Keystones. the only and I repeat the ONLY people who can complain about there being no content are: raiders who have cleared mythic Nyalotha and don't want to do M+ or PvP OR people who have ALL achievement points unlocked OR people who ONLY play the game to quest (in which case there is ALWAYS a content drought).
    How nice of you to authorize which people can and cannot complain. I notice you give mythic raiders a free pass while everyone else must get every single achievement done before having the right to complain.

Lol .. no. While the content is meh, having been there for siege and having spend 10+ months raiding ICC, yeah this one so far isn't even close.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I am all about logic my dude. I enjoy staying current in things, but one thing I don't stand for is living in a fake reality. I want to understand why things are the way they are. I know on a deep level life as a human is war. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." So we either stand with eyes open to reality of what is happening to our society on a consistent basis or we can stay blind with our eyes melted into screens to be possessed by video games while very real evil is happening around us. The only difference here is that the evil isn't happening to us personally so we assume it's not truly happening and that it could never happen to us. The elite of this world are ruled by the prince of this world...Satan...and that dude has no desire or care for the abundance of human life.
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

6.2 felt the longest to me, DS because that raid was short and sucked

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    You cannot just exclude what we don't like.
    Oh I can and I'll tell you why.

It's very easy to create an illusion of the game sucking hardcore, because people who enjoy the game typically don't waste their time going to forums trying to persuade people that their opinion = fact. If they did then - trust me - an outside person coming to this forum would think that BfA is a great game to play. But as I said, they aren't doing that.

But on the other side we have a bunch of people with no realistic suggestion that could please more people than just the ones complaining. They keep complaining, then they keep playing (cause they are "invested" or "want to see the game they once loved be "enjoyable" again" which are laughable excuses for multiple reasons), then they keep complaining again, then they keep playing, reading other people's complaints inbetween which serves as a fake confirmation that they are right.

There are so many hobbies. So many people throughout the world enjoying what they do, and not doing what they are not enjoying. Yet in gaming community, and WoW specifically, people feel the urge to let literally everyone know how they dislike the game they continue playing. I would love it if someone much smarter than me would make a study on this phenomenon. It's not a simple form of addiction, although there are many similarities.

And let's not even get started on the people who just find pleasure in complaining about anything. These people are everywhere and it's inevitable there will be some in gaming community too.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to discuss this topic. To trade arguments between sides. There's always something valuable to learn. But you won't get it from people taking their negativity to extremes, talking emotionally and calling you "blizz fanboy" whenever you disagree with them. The title itself shows how OP has no idea what's going on at the end of each expansion, and no amount of fake "I play since beta" / "I'm veteran player" talk will make it otherwise.

A self-respectable, mentally healthy person would just take a break. Not the WoW haters though, no. They gotta complain, they gotta play, and they gotta pay for it. Really interesting phenomenon.