The talents you listed are backpack/chest talents.
    The things I listed were basline and included in the skill of the shield.

The shield did provide you with a baseline damage reduction, damage done increase, a +% threat increase and depending on the variant, would even pulse enemies.

It would be ideal to have again right now.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-04-01 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    The talents you listed are backpack/chest talents.
    The things I listed were basline and included in the skill of the shield.

The shield did provide you with a baseline damage reduction, damage done increase, a +% threat increase and depending on the variant, would even pulse enemies.

It would be ideal to have again right now.
    Are you talking about the first division? Cause i didn't play much it. I don't remeber anything of what you say in this one.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Are you talking about the first division? Cause i didn't play much it. I don't remeber anything of what you say in this one.
    Yes. /10char

Focus+shield is a bug, let's admit it. The damage bonus is high due to the 8x scoper requirement, but if you use the shield the visibility penatly is negated. I'm staying away from that because it's only a matter of time until they fix it. Anyway i find that obliterate+companion with the healing drone is a pretty good setup.
    Eh...if they fix it or announce that it's unintended, I'll switch to Spotter with the technician underbarrel that pulses everything you aim at. Or just do like everyone else and use Glass Canon and play a little more carefully. And honestly, I find myself using the 8x zoom without the shield just as much or more anyway. I just like the versatility of being able to play at two different zoom levels. The extra damage is just a cherry on top of the already amazing damage of the Classic M1A.

EDIT: SotG today says no-scope focus is not intended, and will be fixed in a later patch. Glad I'm already moving away from it.

EDIT: i think i found a nice build to play tha revolves around shield, just stacking yellows instead of blues and use an offensive skill since the full shield offers you the cover a shield should give and with liberty you have infinite healing on that XD I'm also wondering if i could go something like full offensive with the Ongoing Directive, because why not.
    I've been playing around with different shield builds as well. Apparently the Artificer Hive will occasionally just heal half the shield's health every 6-10 seconds or so, just by having it equipped. I'm having a hell of a time gathering the right stats on gear to make a hybrid build, though. I need gear with red secondary attributes that I can swap out the Main attribute for yellow or blue. And I want to run Intimidate + Protector with a revolver and the Dodge City Gunsliger's Holster. In theory it should leave me enough red stats to dish some damage, but have a really tanky shield.

I also really want to try a skill build with the Artificer Hive to see just how fast I can spam something like Sticky Bomb or Seeker Mine. I'm thinking something like all Skill Damage and Skill Haste, with maybe Tag Team + Calculated. Or maybe Skilled + Calculated. With a lot of haste and the artificer hive ticking, it seems like I could fire off a skill REALLY fast for a LOT of damage. No idea if it would actually work though.

Been farming targeted loot for a few hours, but just can't seem to get the right stats to roll. I almost wish they'd let us re-calibrate two things instead of just 1. And I'd try crafting, but damned if I can get any blueprints to drop. Cleared like 10 mixes level 3 and 4 CPS....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Anyone knows what to do to make control points hostile again? Whan I played last the control points would be reconquered again within days or hours so I could do them again.
    In my game pretty much all control points are friendly for over a week now - in both Washington and NY -, I'd like to farm blueprints but I am not able to as the control points don't seem to get hostile anymore. Obviously I don't supply them or anything.
    According to the State of the Game today, CP resets are coming next week. TU9 the week afyer that.

Man, they are moving right along.

its funny. one of my original problems with first division was that it was too punishing solo. eventually, they adjusted it, so that solo play was viable, and as far as i remember - missions just scaled to groups, so it wasn't too significantly easier. IMO, it made the game significantly better

and here we are. again. in game 2. having the "game is too punishing solo" issues again.

sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    its funny. one of my original problems with first division was that it was too punishing solo. eventually, they adjusted it, so that solo play was viable, and as far as i remember - missions just scaled to groups, so it wasn't too significantly easier. IMO, it made the game significantly better

and here we are. again. in game 2. having the "game is too punishing solo" issues again.

sigh....
    I think that really depends on a couple of things.

What difficulty are you trying to solo at?
    What build are you trying to solo with?

I'm 99% a solo player, and the only place I really run into trouble is on heroic. Legendary is, of course, off the table for the time being, since it's really balanced for a group. In some ways, so is heroic, but it's doable with a little care and practice. I, and many other solo players, have used the phrase "the balance of difficulty is 'just right' on heroic".

If you want advice or help soloing, you've come to the right place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferly View Post
    The recapturing of the points... really made the world come alive.
    Agreed. However, there's a real problem with that since a great many things(from blueprints to exotic pieces to project progression) are tied to capturing specific CPs. And when the flipping of those CPs is random, sometimes going for days without changing hands, there's a problem.

No one says you HAVE to use the option to reset them manually. It's just a nice option to have if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think that really depends on a couple of things.

What difficulty are you trying to solo at?
    What build are you trying to solo with?

I'm 99% a solo player, and the only place I really run into trouble is on heroic. Legendary is, of course, off the table for the time being, since it's really balanced for a group. In some ways, so is heroic, but it's doable with a little care and practice. I, and many other solo players, have used the phrase "the balance of difficulty is 'just right' on heroic".

If you want advice or help soloing, you've come to the right place.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. However, there's a real problem with that since a great many things(from blueprints to exotic pieces to project progression) are tied to capturing specific CPs. And when the flipping of those CPs is random, sometimes going for days without changing hands, there's a problem.

No one says you HAVE to use the option to reset them manually. It's just a nice option to have if you need it.
    I haven't tried heroic, because between control points alert level 4 and trying normal missions with more manageable modifiers (which is supposedly easier then heroic without modifiers, or so I've heard) and having them kick my butt - it feels a heck of a lot more punishing then Division 1 after they adjusted it. it feels like Division 1 closer to launch.. the game that I gave up on in frustration, only to come back over a year later and have MUCH better time with it. mainly its due to just how hard the mobs hit. couple that with way WAY too many missions that stick you with a task that MUST be completed during a short timer, while sending waves of mobs at you... its just not fun.

is it possible? yes. but its NOT fun, and it feels like they haven't learned at all from Division 1.

I haven't tried heroic, because between control points alert level 4 and trying normal missions with more manageable modifiers (which is supposedly easier then heroic without modifiers, or so I've heard) and having them kick my butt - it feels a heck of a lot more punishing then Division 1 after they adjusted it. it feels like Division 1 closer to launch.. the game that I gave up on in frustration, only to come back over a year later and have MUCH better time with it. mainly its due to just how hard the mobs hit. couple that with way WAY too many missions that stick you with a task that MUST be completed during a short timer, while sending waves of mobs at you... its just not fun.

is it possible? yes. but its NOT fun, and it feels like they haven't learned at all from Division 1.
    So....again. What build are you using? What level are you playing at? Console or PC? Mouse or controller?

It's all well and good to say you feel it's not fun, but I'm trying to nail down what it is that might be causing you to feel that way so that it can be worked around or overcome.

Enemies are pressuring you under a time, ok, I get that bit. There are some things you can do to remedy that, such as auto-aiming abilities like turrets and drones. Seeker mines are a good option as well. There are builds and tactics that can be used to help as well.

You think they're hitting too hard, I get that too. But there are builds that are tanky enough to give you plenty of time to survive and react. Some require more farming than others, but that's the nature of the game, after all.

I know it's a bit of a starter build, and maybe over-used, but have you tried the Classic M1A rifle build in combination with the Crusader Shield? It takes a little practice to get used to how you move with a shield out, but provides a powerful ability to hit hard while being able to take hits in return. It's also very ammo-efficient. You don't have to use the "FOCUSED" talent(since the devs have clarified that it's not intended); it's strong enough with any talents, really, especially on Story/Normal/Hard.

I highly recommend that combo, mostly because it's strong right out of the box, with very little investment. I proved this point on the official forums by clearing challenging DCD in 22 minutes using only purple and vendor-bought gear. I didn't even use a classic M1A.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-04-02 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah since the nerf to harder difficulties last week the game has been quite easy for me... At least for challenging world/missions and level 4 control points with three directives active (the skill cooldown one, the special ammo one, and the no directional threat indicators one). I haven't tried heroic or legendary missions, was waiting until I got my skill build together so I can go full Division 1 and just sit in cover and afk clear missions.

My build is just the generic glass cannon build everyone is using. 3 Providence Defense + 1 Ceska Vyroba + 1 Grupo Sombra, and the Fox's Prayer named kneepads (that give 15% damage to targets out of cover); with all pieces having nothing but red stats. Coupled with the named M1A Baker's Dozen.

Basically downing everything, even bosses, almost instantly (a few seconds on bosses) because each headshot is several million damage and you shoot hella fast (M1A's are busted right now, don't know if they are going to get nerfed, probably at some point; they do the damage of bolt action rifles, but are rifles and thus semi-auto, plus have a 20 round magazine with the +5 attachment)...

I almost die instantly myself if I get hit, but that's fine, I just stay in cover and take pot shots... I only really die to getting flanked by random shit in the world (like doing a control point and a random patrol appears behind me because I no longer have cover and I can't take almost any damage), and fire because fire is busted and bullshit right now, if I ever get hit by a flamer/molotov its game over, 100% armor to dead no matter what... Fortunately that last one is less of a problem now since they fixed the bug where flamers could shoot their flamethrowers through cover.

And I am playing with a controller, so its not like you need to be on a mouse and keyboard with twitch reflexes and perfect accuracy to run the build.

So....again. What build are you using? What level are you playing at? Console or PC? Mouse or controller?

It's all well and good to say you feel it's not fun, but I'm trying to nail down what it is that might be causing you to feel that way so that it can be worked around or overcome.

Enemies are pressuring you under a time, ok, I get that bit. There are some things you can do to remedy that, such as auto-aiming abilities like turrets and drones. Seeker mines are a good option as well. There are builds and tactics that can be used to help as well.

You think they're hitting too hard, I get that too. But there are builds that are tanky enough to give you plenty of time to survive and react. Some require more farming than others, but that's the nature of the game, after all.

I know it's a bit of a starter build, and maybe over-used, but have you tried the Classic M1A rifle build in combination with the Crusader Shield? It takes a little practice to get used to how you move with a shield out, but provides a powerful ability to hit hard while being able to take hits in return. It's also very ammo-efficient. You don't have to use the "FOCUSED" talent(since the devs have clarified that it's not intended); it's strong enough with any talents, really, especially on Story/Normal/Hard.

I highly recommend that combo, mostly because it's strong right out of the box, with very little investment. I proved this point on the official forums by clearing challenging DCD in 22 minutes using only purple and vendor-bought gear. I didn't even use a classic M1A.
    turrets and drones are useless when the thing that you have to do under 3 minutes is destroy the jammers.

I play on PC, i play with mainly skill based build (no, do not suggest anything that requires precise aim, i play skill based build with bare minimum of micromanagement for a reason), and even trying to go for blue mods whenever possible, is not helping with squishiness. I'm nowhere near min maxed, but I'm also not playing the content that is supposed to require minmax.

i also do NOT have classic M1A rifle, and if I'm no mistaken - you can only get it if you get lucky with recipe drops from control point alert lvl 4 or even luckier - from a vendor at the base (I'm not that lucky). which i cannot clear. I can do 3, but not 4.

and here is the thing. i WAS able to clear the manhunts so far. the problem is - it felt like a horrible, punishing slog. it didn't feel like fun. and once again, i'm comparing it to my experiences with Division 1. heck. i still have it installed, so I logged in just to see if I'm not going crazy. its not even remotely as punishing as Division 2.

and if it were just me, fine. but my SO decided to pick it up again, because we missed playing together. for the moment, he is playing solo just to get used to the game a bit more. this is a guy who did legendaries solo in Division 1. this is the guy who did those legendaries, solo, NO DEATH. having many of the same issues that I do in Division 2. not as many, he is far better at aiming then i am, so he's running a glass canon red build. but nontheless.

edited to summarize. issues I'm having in a nutshell. mobs hit too hard. timers are too tight. and the one that i haven't mentioned, but its definitely contributing a lot. for a game that wants you to stay in cover as much as possible, since mobs hit so hard... it sure doesn't like to provide good options for said cover. more often then not, no matter what cover you find, its exposed, with not a lot of other cover options to roll to near by. which wouldn't be nearly as bad... except I've had trash mobs one shot me for 900k+ damage.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-04-02 at 03:18 AM.

turrets and drones are useless when the thing that you have to do under 3 minutes is destroy the jammers.

Ah....that mission. Honestly, do it on story once and never go there again unless it's a targeted loot you need.

One of the jammers you can see almost from the entrance where you start that phase. The second is super close(to the right hand side around a corner) and you can rush to right off the bat. The only tricky one is at the bottom of the stairs. If you're really having trouble with it, maybe give some riot foam a try, and run past the enemies.

I play on PC, i play with mainly skill based build (no, do not suggest anything that requires precise aim, i play skill based build with bare minimum of micromanagement for a reason), and even trying to go for blue mods whenever possible, is not helping with squishiness. I'm nowhere near min maxed, but I'm also not playing the content that is supposed to require minmax.
    Hmm....well, you're going to run into a little bit of trouble, since even with a skill build you generally need to be able to land a few headshots now and then. But have you tried the Unlimited Seeker mine build?

https://youtu.be/MkaQw-BNBYA

i also do NOT have classic M1A rifle, and if I'm no mistaken - you can only get it if you get lucky with recipe drops from control point alert lvl 4 or even luckier - from a vendor at the base (I'm not that lucky). which i cannot clear. I can do 3, but not 4.
    No, it's a regular rifle drop. I see them all the time. Just farm targeted loot for rifles and you'll get one.

and here is the thing. i WAS able to clear the manhunts so far. the problem is - it felt like a horrible, punishing slog. it didn't feel like fun. and once again, i'm comparing it to my experiences with Division 1. heck. i still have it installed, so I logged in just to see if I'm not going crazy. its not even remotely as punishing as Division 2.

and if it were just me, fine. but my SO decided to pick it up again, because we missed playing together. for the moment, he is playing solo just to get used to the game a bit more. this is a guy who did legendaries solo in Division 1. this is the guy who did those legendaries, solo, NO DEATH. having many of the same issues that I do in Division 2. not as many, he is far better at aiming then i am, so he's running a glass canon red build. but nontheless.
    I don't know why people are so obsessed with running Glass Canon in a game that's already known for doing a lot of damage to players. Seems masochistic to me.

edited to summarize. issues I'm having in a nutshell. mobs hit too hard. timers are too tight. and the one that i haven't mentioned, but its definitely contributing a lot. for a game that wants you to stay in cover as much as possible, since mobs hit so hard... it sure doesn't like to provide good options for said cover. more often then not, no matter what cover you find, its exposed, with not a lot of other cover options to roll to near by. which wouldn't be nearly as bad... except I've had trash mobs one shot me for 900k+ damage.
    Well, there are a few things you can do to make yourself more able to absorb damage.

I really can't stress enough the value of the shield. Even the crusader shield will help you a lot, especially once you get used to moving around with it, and combining it with line of sight and cover. If you're using a skill build, the shield will even be super tough. Check out this one:

https://youtu.be/gmmzlA_Xbzw

Granted, no build in the entire game will save you if you don't have situational awareness and the reactions to move. Enemies are programmed to flank you and drive you out of cover. You have to get good at either constantly falling back, or rotating around the flanks to keep enemies in front of you. If you let them control the situation by staying in one place, you're going to get destroyed. This is just a skill everyone needs to learn about the game, even on the easiest difficulty.

Also of note is that the devs are aware things like Warhounds are too OP, and the aim of things like nade launchers are a bit too punishing. Balance is coming.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-04-02 at 04:36 AM.

Ah....that mission. Honestly, do it on story once and never go there again unless it's a targeted loot you need.

One of the jammers you can see almost from the entrance where you start that phase. The second is super close(to the right hand side around a corner) and you can rush to right off the bat. The only tricky one is at the bottom of the stairs. If you're really having trouble with it, maybe give some riot foam a try, and run past the enemies.

Hmm....well, you're going to run into a little bit of trouble, since even with a skill build you generally need to be able to land a few headshots now and then. But have you tried the Unlimited Seeker mine build?

https://youtu.be/MkaQw-BNBYA

No, it's a regular rifle drop. I see them all the time. Just farm targeted loot for rifles and you'll get one.

I don't know why people are so obsessed with running Glass Canon in a game that's already known for doing a lot of damage to players. Seems masochistic to me.

Well, there are a few things you can do to make yourself more able to absorb damage.

I really can't stress enough the value of the shield. Even the crusader shield will help you a lot, especially once you get used to moving around with it, and combining it with line of sight and cover. If you're using a skill build, the shield will even be super tough. Check out this one:

https://youtu.be/gmmzlA_Xbzw

Granted, no build in the entire game will save you if you don't have situational awareness and the reactions to move. Enemies are programmed to flank you and drive you out of cover. You have to get good at either constantly falling back, or rotating around the flanks to keep enemies in front of you. If you let them control the situation by staying in one place, you're going to get destroyed. This is just a skill everyone needs to learn about the game, even on the easiest difficulty.

Also of note is that the devs are aware things like Warhounds are too OP, and the aim of things like nade launchers are a bit too punishing. Balance is coming.
    I finished that mission already. it took me multiple tries for that stage (because I kept getting murdered while trying to get to the jammers before timer ran out and did i mention that each jammer you kill = half a dozen more mobs coming in? because that is a thing that happens), but i did it. the reason i was doing it is becasue its required manhunt mission for Venus. otherwise, i wouldn't touch it again with a 10 foot pole after finishing it on story. its not the only mission that punishes you for using tech though, and its far from the only mission with timer attached where you have to expose yourself to a LOT of damage. sometimes if feels like every other mission has a timed component in there somewhere. another fave is when you have to stay within the small area that has almost no cover to it, but because there is also a secondary timer, you cannot just leave and kill everything, to come back and restart the hack. you have to STAY there or fail.

I haven't tried unlimited seeker mine build, because i didn't know it existed TBH. I did try seeker mines but didn't like how week they felt compared to my Division 1 seekers.

is it? huh, cause I've yet to see it. guess I'll have to see where the rifles are targeted loot and see if it drops for me and if I like it better then my current rifle. i do play with a riffle/AR because those seem to work out the best for me. everything else doesn't feel as good. yes I tried LMG (Big Alejandro was my JAM in Division 1). maybe I just haven't gotten a good one, but they seem to do same or less damage then my AR, but take forever to reload.

problem with running non glass canon builds is that in this game, it seems like they really REALLY don't want you to hybridize. and if you go for survivability - you deal too little damage. and your survivability is STILL not all that great. at least with glass canon, you have a chance of killing things fast enough that they don't get to kill you before that.

shield means I have to give up on turret. I really really like my turret, when I'm actualy allowed to use it (not giving up my drone, its one of the few things i genuinely love to pieces in Division 2). I suppose I could try and see if its works with my playstyle. I'm not a complete failure at aiming and i do get occasional head shots with a scope (been experimenting wth sharpshooter specialization and I actualy like it a lot better then technician, despite seeker missiles sounding so good on paper). but one of the issues with Division 2 is that in their pursuit of detail... they made it super cluttered and hard to differentiate things. another reason i'm not giving up my drone is that while dealing damage it also allows me to locate the enemies and keep them located - much easier, while still staying far enough away to give me some breathing room.

in any case, I'll give some of your suggestions a go, thanks, but the feel of the game is just.... I don't know... the best comparison I could come up with and it may not even work for you because these things are so personal, but its like comparing Dungeon Keeper 1 to dungeon keeper 2. first game has such elegant simplicity to it that in a weird way gave it more depth. while second game might have more options and more complexity, but it just makes it feel clunky and less fun. like all these extra things were added just to say - see? we have expanded on original formula, its not just a rehash of first game that should have been an expansion instead of a sequel.

shield means I have to give up on turret. I really really like my turret, when I'm actualy allowed to use it (not giving up my drone, its one of the few things i genuinely love to pieces in Division 2). I suppose I could try and see if its works with my playstyle. I'm not a complete failure at aiming and i do get occasional head shots with a scope (been experimenting wth sharpshooter specialization and I actualy like it a lot better then technician, despite seeker missiles sounding so good on paper). but one of the issues with Division 2 is that in their pursuit of detail... they made it super cluttered and hard to differentiate things. another reason i'm not giving up my drone is that while dealing damage it also allows me to locate the enemies and keep them located - much easier, while still staying far enough away to give me some breathing room.
    Hmm....which turret are you using? If you can get practiced at the Sniper Turret, it can actually dish out a LOT of damage. All you have to do is wait for the laser pointer to track onto your target, and activate the turret. BOOM!

And which drone? The regular shooter drone is....not very good. You should consider using the Technician laser pointer. When it pulses targets they stay pulsed for a decent amount of time.

Although, now that I think about it, Drone + Sniper turret is a really good long-range build. It can be pretty good when you have the space to stay back. But you're going to run into problems in close combat, like inside buildings. You'll have to continuously de-activate and move the turret.

Since my last post to you I've been experimenting with different skill builds. And interesting auto-aim setup is the Stinger Hive. With Tier 6 it has a pretty massive radius, automatically shoots anything in it, and you can either drop it at your feet to cover you, or throw it out into the middle of enemies to disrupt them. Combine it with something like Seeker mines and you pretty much don't even have to stick your head out of cover. Just stack as much skill haste, skill damage, and status effect as you can.

The only problem I've run into is heavies. They just don't seem to care about status effects. Wish OUR armor worked that well. :/

Just to correct something:
    Playing solo was/is significantly easier than playing in a group. The latest balance patch did adress this issue, now it's supposedly equally difficult/easy - though I think 2 players is still the sweet spot.

It's just that Skill builds are still very clumsy. It's not about being solo or in a group.

The only skillbuild I got to work is sniper turret + stinger hive + overcharge backpack or gloves.
    The Sniper turret is both the weakpoint and the hero of the spec.
    It's the weakpoint because it misses half the shots, and it's the hero because it does 5m+ bodyshots every 2 seconds when it hits.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-04-02 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Just to correct something:
    Playing solo was/is significantly easier than playing in a group. The latest balance patch did adress this issue, now it's supposedly equally difficult/easy - though I think 2 players is still the sweet spot.

It's just that Skill builds are still very clumsy. It's not about being solo or in a group.

The only skillbuild I got to work is sniper turret + stinger hive + overcharge backpack or gloves.
    The Sniper turret is both the weakpoint and the hero of the spec.
    It's the weakpoint because it misses half the shots, and it's the hero because it does 5m+ bodyshots every 2 seconds when it hits.
    I'm doing a Skill build that I'm calling the Footballer.

Technician spec.
    Bulwark shield.
    Stinger Hive.

4 yellow 1 red. All Skill Haste and Skill Damage for the stinger hive.
    Explosive Delivery on the Chest.
    Spark on the Backpack.

It's pretty hilarious to play. Works on Challenging so far, haven't tried it on Heroic. Run up within throwing range, toss the hive. It explodes, then shoots everyone. Run in with the shield, clean up with the pistol, pick up the hive and move on to the next guy. Holy shit is it fun!
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-04-02 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, the Div2 reddit is hilarious right now. A whole bunch of people who cheated and got banned crying about how unfair it is.

Man....

I've been playing this "Footballer" build for about an hour now. This is the most fun I've had with the game yet!

Do you want to run around like an idiot, smashing your foes and sending them flying like Morgoth from the Lord of the Rings? Do you want to be mostly invincible(unless you get set on fire or poisoned)? Do you want to feel like "HULK SMASH!" on challenging?

Hahahahah! Everyone needs to play this build. It's AMAZING! Every time you kill someone they go flying. Either from explosive delivery, or the stinger hive. It's GREAT! I'm super tempted to try this with Demolitionist.

Hmm....which turret are you using? If you can get practiced at the Sniper Turret, it can actually dish out a LOT of damage. All you have to do is wait for the laser pointer to track onto your target, and activate the turret. BOOM!

And which drone? The regular shooter drone is....not very good. You should consider using the Technician laser pointer. When it pulses targets they stay pulsed for a decent amount of time.

Although, now that I think about it, Drone + Sniper turret is a really good long-range build. It can be pretty good when you have the space to stay back. But you're going to run into problems in close combat, like inside buildings. You'll have to continuously de-activate and move the turret.

Since my last post to you I've been experimenting with different skill builds. And interesting auto-aim setup is the Stinger Hive. With Tier 6 it has a pretty massive radius, automatically shoots anything in it, and you can either drop it at your feet to cover you, or throw it out into the middle of enemies to disrupt them. Combine it with something like Seeker mines and you pretty much don't even have to stick your head out of cover. Just stack as much skill haste, skill damage, and status effect as you can.

The only problem I've run into is heavies. They just don't seem to care about status effects. Wish OUR armor worked that well. :/
    assault drone + regular turret. I find them to work best for me. sniper requires too much micromanangement for my taste, and the pulse drone doesn't do any damage. regular drone still highlights the targets for me well enough, but it also keeps at least partial mob attention. often times, it gets them out of cover for me, so that helps too. right now, with my setup I stay in cover as much as possible. it works when i'm allowed to use it. i tried other combos. they do NOT work for me at all. if i have to spend too much time managing my tech while its doing LESS damage and stays around less - i don't want it. its part of the reason I haven't been using seeker mines, before you suggested that build. they don't deal enough damage, barely last at all and there is too long of a cooldown when i have NO tech out to distract and chip away at mobs.

I tried stinger hive actualy, when I was working on "kill 10 people with various tech" achievement. didn't like it as much as the good old turret. its the same principle but a lot more limited damage. looks really cool though and i did like it that i could pick it up and move it to new location and it would still have some charges instead of going on CD. but the damage didn't make up for it.

so 2 people is sweet spot? guess that's something to look forward to, assuming SO doesn't quit again :P

a lot more limited damage.

Yeah...no. Maybe that was true before TU8, but now? If you have Skill Tier 6(all yellow, or 5 yellow + Technician Specialization), the stinger hive will solo red and purple targets in no time flat if you've equipped Skill Damage on your gear. Anything that bleeds will also sometimes be disoriented.

Have you tried it again since WONY released? It's ridiculously good.

Yeah...no. Maybe that was true before TU8, but now? If you have Skill Tier 6(all yellow, or 5 yellow + Technician Specialization), the stinger hive will solo red and purple targets in no time flat if you've equipped Skill Damage on your gear. Anything that bleeds will also sometimes be disoriented.

Have you tried it again since WONY released? It's ridiculously good.
    I've ONLY used it since WONY released, i haven't tried it before. are you saying that it was even weaker then??? it soloed red targets just barely for me, it was nowhere near as efficient when it came to purple or more. they were also much better at killing it than the turret. sorry, just not a fan of it.

watched the endless seeker build. I.... have doubts i could make it work. for one there is absolutely NO way i can get away having the same weapon type in both slots. i will run out of ammo to fast and will be stuck with a sidearm.

there are a lot of builds out there that do work... if you can make them work. there are a lot of otherwise great builds out there that i personaly can NOT make work.