• No

81 44.26%
  • Maybe

14 7.65%
  • What are you smoking?

64 34.97%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It wasn't removed. It's called corruption now.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    No. And I think you are in the minority on that one.

Gear was best in TBC. I know badge gear got a lot of hate at the time but at least it was sometime to work towards, loot wasnt just handed to you. But at least when you got that item you got that item and not 4 types of variants tied to a slot machine that made you feel like you wasted your time.

There's nothing more defeating than getting an item, only to find out its a weaker version of the one you wanted.

And I know what you people are saying 'but wow has always been RNG... yea well fast forward to now when its RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG. The only RNG I want is the RNG on if the item would drop or not.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-04-02 at 11:02 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I don't miss WF/TF.

Corruption is WORSE, though.

In that sense, I'd rather go back to WF/TF than have Corruption.
    The main point of corruption was that there won’t be WF & TF in 9.0 - prepatch hits, corruption is removed and we go back to static loot tables again

Don't miss it a bit. But they did just give it a paint job and called it corruption. So it really isn't gone.

Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    I have officially quit this game as War & Titanforging has been removed. I was somewhat for the removal but I miss the excitement of receiving a cool upgrade because I've realized what everyone else has equipped doesn't matter to me but whereas big upgrades I get myself I can be proud of.

Vote in the poll !
    I don't miss WF/TF. I miss old obtainable BIS gear. Guaranteed, without any 100500 layers of RNG.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

No good riddance. The flaws of corruption are purely on Blizzard refusing to listen in an attentive manner, instead of beligerent one.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

"walks into a game store and sees world warcraft. turns the game around and reads on the back (now with war / and titan forge)"

OP = jesus I have to buy this game nice features.

The game is so huge, offers more than just that. Why do people keep leaving when minimal changes are made?
    ^Knowing the board here, probably only I will have this opinion.

WF / TF was one of, if not the worst, systems ever put in the game. It took all the effort out of progressing and getting that BiS item because even if you were doing the most difficult content out there, if an item didn't get that really low proc saying Titanforged by it, it wasn't BiS and therefore the sense of reward went right out the window.

It needs to stay gone, buried in the pits of failed experiments WoW has done that just haven't paid off, never to return.

I have officially quit this game as War & Titanforging has been removed. I was somewhat for the removal but I miss the excitement of receiving a cool upgrade because I've realized what everyone else has equipped doesn't matter to me but whereas big upgrades I get myself I can be proud of.

Vote in the poll !
    So you were a world quester and are upset your ilv doesnt reflect heroic item levels or higher now? lol
    If your own poll was the only and true sample size... well bye yall wont be missed.

Simply put it was a way for them to milk the content. Should have never existed and item upgrading should have been as far as they went. Get X currency over X time and you can upgrade certain items 2-3x at a vendor for 10-15 ilv gain max. Keeps the player involved and rewarding slowly playing the game vs RNG saying if your lucky or not.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Wf tf sucks, corruption is bad. The game is very bad atm.

No of course I don't miss that garbage. Good riddance to both the system and anyone who left because of it being gone. It's like dropping out of your school because your F didn't titanforge into an A.

i find the whole discussion laughable in both ways. it never bothered me to get a free upgrade and i never wanted to kill myself because im jelly of someone who got the same item drop but titanforged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YEETmeister View Post
    I miss the original form of Titanforging that existed in WoD. Warforge +5, Titanforge +10 (or 15).
    the original was thunderforging in throne of thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

You should get what gear you deserve from the content you are doing.
    If you do a normal dungeon, you should only get gear that is in that level range.
    If you do Mythic raiding you should only get gear that is in that level range.

I was fine with upgrading gear as it was in MoP, but beyond that it became dumb. Bring back sockets on gear, nerf JC jewels to comepansate, bring back gear buff's from professions and let the level of gear be static from the content that is being done, say normal always dropping 370, while heroic always drops 385 etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Miss it ya, but nothing I’d unsubscribe for. Don’t mind the new gear that much ether, it’s throw away gear since it’s last patch anyways, replaced with greens.

Vote in the poll !

imagine saying something like that without being on drugs or being a inhabitant of an insane asylum,
    i think the quarantine is not good for people
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    No. And I think you are in the minority on that one.

Gear was best in TBC. I know badge gear got a lot of hate at the time but at least it was sometime to work towards, loot wasnt just handed to you. But at least when you got that item you got that item and not 4 types of variants tied to a slot machine that made you feel like you wasted your time.

There's nothing more defeating than getting an item, only to find out its a weaker version of the one you wanted.

And I know what you people are saying 'but wow has always been RNG... yea well fast forward to now when its RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG. The only RNG I want is the RNG on if the item would drop or not.
    What's changed is that Blizz has moved away from deterministic loot systems to completely luck-based loot systems. Don't get me wrong, I don't like this move in the least, as a good system has a balance of both. The main reason why the corruption system is so intolerable to many people is because no matter what you do, you cannot work towards a corruption and just have to get lucky. If corruptions weren't powerful or just flavor, it wouldn't feel so bad... but getting the right corruption(s) is insanely powerful. It's to the point where players that are lesser skilled and lesser geared (think ilvl) with great corruptions playing at a mediocre level can outperform you playing perfectly with far superior ilvl gear with crap or mediocre corruptions. Right now, luck has way too much influence on how you perform with your class/spec, and corruption just exacerbates this issue.

The problem with WF/TF was that it was uncapped, when a return to the MoP version of +5/+10 max while still being inferior to the next raid level difficulty would've been fine. Even if they left it uncapped, it had the issue of no deterministic system to balance out the luck.

WF/TF and corruption systems could work so much better if there was a deterministic system in place that would let you work up to a specific corruption or upgrade the ilvl of pieces. If you get lucky and get that high ilvl TF or get that awesome corruption, great! If you don't, instead of being screwed like the current state of the game, introducing a system to let you work towards getting the same power piece over time would alleviate a lot of the issues the system has. Imagine if you could target specific corruptions or could transfer that r3 Infinite Stars that everyone gets on a 410 blue while world questing to a higher ilvl item using time/resources.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-04-02 at 11:51 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Couldn't care less about titanforging, but i really dislike the loot in their current form as the loot from mythic raids are entirely useless unless they have the right corruptions on them.

So now my main source of gearing comes from a bunch of activitys tuned for players that are freshly dinged 120.. Because only in high quantity of loots can i expect to get ym hands on corruptions so strong that the ilvl of the item is irrelevant...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    the original was thunderforging in throne of thunder.
    Yeah, but that was basically the Warforging +7 ilvls. WoD added Warforged(Thunderforging) + Titanforging.

Quote Originally Posted by YEETmeister View Post
    I miss the original form of Titanforging that existed in WoD. Warforge +5, Titanforge +10 (or 15).
    The original was thunderforging in ToT, which was +6 ilevel. That got replaced by warforging in SoO, which was the same in every way except the name, which stayed until Legion launch where it got replaced by warforging/titanforging as +5 ilevel increments up to a global cap.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU