Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    >Disliking expansion "because it offers weird, out of place, aesthetic and offers immersion-breaking race, and also all themes had no place in the game previously and barely make sense in the context of the setting" is bullshit.

Every day i learn something new from retards on mmo-champion.
    Why? Space goats that got retconned into existence and entire zones dedicated to memes are totally okay in your medieval looking fantasy but something oriental with a third playable animal race is suddenly immersion breaking?

Sorry to break it down to you, but that is indeed bullshit.

Sure, OP.

Just don't make your argument about how much you seethe when you see Pandas.

Do you remember what Blizzard's excuse was for cutting a whole lot of content in WoD?
    "People would get bored by orc stuff"
    So they cut a lot of actually interesting stuff and changed the last raid to not have so much "orc" in the game.

Well, this is exactly what they did with MoP.
    They went way overboard with the asian sh*t.
    There is not one zone in Pandaria that is not heavily leaning into asian culture. And I hate that.

Pandaren are okay and cool, I no problem with the race.
    But all this asian scenery, with asian buildings, asian tone and asian life-lessons in every single quetschain is just boring.

Not to mention that in my personal opinion it is way less "WoW" than anything else in the game (or even Shadowlands).
    I'm just not that immersed.
    WoD had a great chance at being the raw-est WoW-like expansion based on all the orc stuff before they went and cut it all out.
    The best thing in Pandaria was the Throne of Thunder bacause of all the Zandalari stuff that actually feels like a part of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    When pandaria was announced and launched, there was a lot of hate from a lot of people because of the pandaren race.
    Some of it was because they're pandas and goofy, other was more constructive.

Many years however, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have arguments against pandaria, no matter if they even mention the pandaren or not, without some shitface reply about "yeah just another panda hater thread".

You could literally criticize Seige of Orgrimmar, and at some point someone would come in with a "yeah it's just another thinly veiled thread from a panda hater".

Like do you really not feel embarassed and retarded to dismiss any and all arguments, no matter how well written and expalined, just because you really fucking love pandaren and you're afraid that maybe someone will logically show you that something about THE EXPANSION AS A WHOLE is dumb? And GOD FORBID, that maybe SOMETHING about the pandaren is dumb or poorly written and executed as well?

Like what the fuck is so sacrosaint about this expansion that gets people so embarrasingly defensive about it?
    I LOVED WOTLK, yet I'm also one of the first to criticize its weak points, especially its ending.

Yeah, believe it or not, not all of us found Throne of Thunder a fun raid, except maybe one or 2 bosses. Not the lore, not the art, not the mechanics.
    OMG YOU DIDN'T LIKE THRONE OF THUNDER, YOU'RE JUST A PANDA HATER! WHAT? TOT WAS ABOUT MOGU AND TROLLS AND A TITAN REFERENCE? YOU FUCKING PANDA HATER OMG!
    Well I hated MoP but I hated the story, hated the raids minus Throne of Thunder, and hated the excessive dailies. Only expansion I skipped really

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Why can't it be about hating Pandaren, though? They're awful. So are Vulpera.
    So are Worgen, Draenei, Tauren, and Undead.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Is there a word for animal discrimination?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So are Worgen, Draenei, Tauren, and Undead.
    I disagree completely but I can at least understand the draenei part....

but worgen, tauren and undead? I'm sorry but fucking what?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    When pandaria was announced and launched, there was a lot of hate from a lot of people because of the pandaren race.
    Some of it was because they're pandas and goofy, other was more constructive.

Many years however, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have arguments against pandaria, no matter if they even mention the pandaren or not, without some shitface reply about "yeah just another panda hater thread".

You could literally criticize Seige of Orgrimmar, and at some point someone would come in with a "yeah it's just another thinly veiled thread from a panda hater".

Like do you really not feel embarassed and retarded to dismiss any and all arguments, no matter how well written and expalined, just because you really fucking love pandaren and you're afraid that maybe someone will logically show you that something about THE EXPANSION AS A WHOLE is dumb? And GOD FORBID, that maybe SOMETHING about the pandaren is dumb or poorly written and executed as well?

Like what the fuck is so sacrosaint about this expansion that gets people so embarrasingly defensive about it?
    I LOVED WOTLK, yet I'm also one of the first to criticize its weak points, especially its ending.

Yeah, believe it or not, not all of us found Throne of Thunder a fun raid, except maybe one or 2 bosses. Not the lore, not the art, not the mechanics.
    OMG YOU DIDN'T LIKE THRONE OF THUNDER, YOU'RE JUST A PANDA HATER! WHAT? TOT WAS ABOUT MOGU AND TROLLS AND A TITAN REFERENCE? YOU FUCKING PANDA HATER OMG!
    MOP was and is hated due to exactly the same reason, why BFA is hated. Because every time, that terrible PVP-biased "Alliance vs Horde conflict" xpack theme pop up - it completely ruins this xpack. MOP wasn't about pandas and Pandaria. It was about demonizing Garrosh and Horde. It was about stupid war just for the sake of war. It was about assaulting Horde capital city.

And as always. MOP was bad due to exceeding daily grinds, gating all Valor rewards behind rep grinds and claustrophobic no-flying isles, that leaded to WOD disaster.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    You're allowed to dislike anything, really. People will still probably misrepresent your argument or position if it is of benefit to them to do so, but that doesn't really mean much or require that you change your position on the matter. Pandaria was far from perfect, so there's plenty to dislike if you're of a mind to - just as there is also plenty to like if you're of a mind to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    The only thing I have against pandaria is the straight up copying chinese stuff, they didn't have too as , besides the race being pandas, there was never an implication to be asian inspired. It somehow hurts immersion

Looks pretty Asian to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    I disagree completely but I can at least understand the draenei part....

but worgen, tauren and undead? I'm sorry but fucking what?
    Worgen are furries.
    Tauren are furries
    undead are necrophile bait.

you think a fox and panda person are furries, but a cow person and wolf person arnt?

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    ]
    That's not what he said, is it?
    No, in-fact the CCP raised quite a stink about the japanese influences in the pandaren's design.

Nice strawmanning tho, same it's like you, a failure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post

plus i mean chen in warcraft 3

literally wore a straw hat... a VERY asian themed robe, and had the "carries around a large keg" something seen in a few asian legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    You're allowed to dislike anything, really. People will still probably misrepresent your argument or position if it is of benefit to them to do so, but that doesn't really mean much or require that you change your position on the matter. Pandaria was far from perfect, so there's plenty to dislike if you're of a mind to - just as there is also plenty to like if you're of a mind to.
    That's ironic, that's what I suspect the OP is doing, attempting to discredit anyone pro-MoP by arguing to absurdity a claim with no real substantiation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    That's not what he said, is it?
    No, in-fact the CCP raised quite a stink about the japanese influences in the pandaren's design.

Nice strawmanning tho, same it's like you, a failure.
    "nice strawmaning" he literally fucking qouted him saying "they had no asian influence other then being pandas"
    that is not strawmanning, that is literally fucking quoting him.

no, it's entirely possible. just as the people who hate mop simply 'cause pandas' are absolute morons, anyone who thinks you don't like mop just 'cause pandas' is also an absolute moron and should hear out your reasoning.

That's because there are no valid criticisms to be made about it. So you didn't like throne of thunder. I mean, yeah, ok. People went on to live long and happy lives despite having such wrong opinions, but it's still a wrong opinion. There are no valid reasons to complain about the gameplay of MoP, so if you dislike it, you dislike it based on aesthetics, which can be boiled down to "you don't like the pandaren". Of course there might be some nuances to your shit taste, but they aren't relevant to the discussion at hand.

I will be honest, the expansion was top tier outside of a daily quest overdose at the start of it (which they fixed) and a couple INSANELY long content gaps that drove a lot of players away. If it were to be re-released sometime in the future and if only the content gaps were brought within reason odds are I would enjoy every moment of it. I mean the raids were great until you got sick of running them for so long. The content patches were like fucking amazing when they came along. Probably 2 of the top 5 to 10 of all time landed in that expansion. When it comes to theme I cannot complain to much. I mean we have had broken planet expansion. Ice land expansion. World got rocked expansion. Chinese expansion. Broken planet fixed expansion. New islands expansion but with demons. Another new island expansion but with trolls and big humans. I mean you get my drift here? They are all pretty meh in the end when it comes to theme. All that really matters is do you enjoy the content within the theme.

Never understood the panda hate when there are walking and talking cows, walrus, and various other anthropomorphic races in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because 99% of all mop hate comes down to: "me no like panda, asia dumb".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..