10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    If Bernie voters want any power, than not voting for Biden has to be a credible threat. The vote is the only power you've got and it only works if you are willing to withhold it.
    Sure. But if they follow through with that threat and cost Biden the election then not only will then have zero power but they'll be less likely to be invited to the table in the future. Not to mention they will set their platform back decades.

Threaten all you want, do whatever political games you want to get your policies embraced by Biden. That's just politics as usual.

But deciding to burn the party to the ground destroys your only path to get anything done. Unless you want to take Trump up on his offer to join the GOP and push progressive policies through the right wing?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Well, guess it's official, we get to vote for a senile old man who can't keep his hands to himself or vote for a senile old man who can't keep his hands to himself.

Good job, America. What a fucking clown show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it time for an election 2020 thread yet? I know the primaries aren't technically over yet but, comon, we don't really need the conventions to know where this is going. The sooner this thread dies the better.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Sure. But if they follow through with that threat and cost Biden the election then not only will then have zero power but they'll be less likely to be invited to the table in the future. Not to mention they will set their platform back decades.

Threaten all you want, do whatever political games you want to get your policies embraced by Biden. That's just politics as usual.

But deciding to burn the party to the ground destroys your only path to get anything done. Unless you want to take Trump up on his offer to join the GOP and push progressive policies through the right wing?
    A) They aren't at the table now. In fact the party told Sanders voters they are NEVER getting to sit at that table.

B) The platform is already set back a decade with Biden, or Veto Joe if you will who has vowed to Veto M4A for example. So the difference between Biden and Trump is zero in that respect.

C) Nah, if the party doesn't want you, you either burn it down and build a better party or take over the other party. In fact given your logic that by voting for Biden no matter what, by some alchemical magic that will make Biden have to do some Sanders policies than in fact every Sanders voter jumping on the Trump train will get them a seat at the table with Trump. And hey, where the Dems call Sanders voters toxic shitgibbons and childish; Trump seems pretty friendly, really asking for those voters. So, if we accept your non-logic that acquiescent voting for a candidate without any promises or concessions and simply obediently falling in line will lead somehow to a "Seat at the Table" this time for sure, why wouldn't every Sanders voter going for Trump not also lead to this "seat at the table?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Yes, well I grow tired of yours as well.

I will continue to advocate for the position I think is best.

If Bernie voters want any power, than not voting for Biden has to be a credible threat. The vote is the only power you've got and it only works if you are willing to withhold it.
    Except, that's an odd argument coming from a noted Trump supporter. That shows you are just trying to muddy the waters, and it demonstrates just how disingenuous you are.

I will note you have refused to admit for whom you are voting in November... imagine that.

- - - Updated - - -

A) They aren't at the table now. In fact the party told Sanders voters they are NEVER getting to sit at that table.

B) The platform is already set back a decade with Biden, or Veto Joe if you will who has vowed to Veto M4A for example. So the difference between Biden and Trump is zero in that respect.

C) Nah, if the party doesn't want you, you either burn it down and build a better party or take over the other party. In fact given your logic that by voting for Biden no matter what, by some alchemical magic that will make Biden have to do some Sanders policies than in fact every Sanders voter jumping on the Trump train will get them a seat at the table with Trump. And hey, where the Dems call Sanders voters toxic shitgibbons and childish; Trump seems pretty friendly, really asking for those voters. So, if we accept your non-logic that acquiescent voting for a candidate without any promises or concessions and simply obediently falling in line will lead somehow to a "Seat at the Table" this time for sure, why wouldn't every Sanders voter going for Trump not also lead to this "seat at the table?"
    Evidence, please.

Yes, well I grow tired of yours as well.

I will continue to advocate for the position I think is best.

If Bernie voters want any power, they should come out and vote for their candidate, who was leading in almost all polls before the primaries started.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If Bernie voters want any power, they should come out and vote for their candidate, who was leading in almost all polls before the primaries started.
    Hey, the rest of the Dems wanted someone Anathema to the Sanders voters and also wanted to tell the Sanders voters to piss off. Clearly you lot think you've got this without them and have no desire for them. So IDK why you care that anyone would suggest the idea.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I hope that Bernie and Biden build a good coalition. I think they will.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    You bothered, so you care.
    Thanks for the free rent
    If I was bothered I would try to counter what you say. Since 99.9999% of what you post is just bs anyways it's not worth the effort.

As for Bernie, yeah I hoped he would have won. Not gonna lose a second of sleep that he didn't. I have no problems voting for Joe when the times comes
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Hey, the rest of the Dems wanted someone Anathema to the Sanders voters and also wanted to tell the Sanders voters to piss off. Clearly you lot think you've got this without them and have no desire for them. So IDK why you care that anyone would suggest the idea.
    Big tent is going to roll right over you. : )
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, all those non-toxic Bernie supporters are making #DemExit trend in the U.S.........fueled by......you guessed it, Jill Stein.

Reading that hashtag is truly horrendous. I'm glad on days like this that I can easily remind myself that Twitter means less than nothing, in politics.

It's almost like twitter trends mean jack shit......

I mean seriously.... You're making me agree with Theo.....

So the bar for "Toxic" is not voting for Biden. Man no wonder everyone is Toxic to you people.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    So weird that Sanders was so involved in writing the rules for this election then.

Today we learned 30=10.

C) Nah, if the party doesn't want you, you either burn it down and build a better party or take over the other party.
    I'll take "how to not get anything I want for $1000 Alex". The progressive have tried to take over the party twice now. They failed. Burning it to the ground will be even more self defeating.

Given your posting history I'm really struggling to believe you are posting from any place of sincere concern for the progressive party.
    Forum badass alert:

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

It's almost like twitter trends mean jack shit......

I mean seriously.... You're making me agree with Theo.....
    Top trends right now, in the U.S., while I look at Twitter:

#PardonJoeExotic (something dumb Trump said)
    #CongratsToTrump (driven by Bernie people and Trump people)
    Geno Smith (a football player causing football drama)
    #DemExit (Bernie people)
    Jagr (a hockey player, no clue why he's trending)
    Scalia (Bernie people, mad that Biden voted for Scalia, in a 98-0 vote, to SCOTUS)
    Cocaine Mitch (driven by liberals in general)
    NY Post (the reporter who asked Trump about Joe Exotic)
    Voting for Biden (mixture of Dems pushing back at DemExit, and Bernie supporters expressing incredulity at the idea)
    Elijah (because of Passover?)
    Jill Stein (because she's pushing #DemExit hard)
    #DamnTheMan (celebrating the movie Empire Records)
    Abrams (Stacy Abrams VP speculation)
    Roe v Wade (Mainstream Dems arguing the need to vote for Biden to protect abortion)
    #HottiesAtHome (no clue)

That's the top 15. 7 are about Bernie or Biden and the conflict between the two groups of voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, the rest of the Dems wanted someone Anathema to the Sanders voters
    Who exactly wasn't anathema to the Sanders voters?
    Forum badass alert:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...Hillary, who won the popular vote by millions of votes, and Biden, who swept the democratic primaries?

Setting the United States on the right foot starts with removing Trump from the white house as soon as possible and casting who he is, what he stands for, and the clout of people that support him into political obscurity and an embarassing footnote in the history books. Everything else can follow after that, but that step is the most important one.

Obviously, democratic voters felt Biden was the best to do that. Was he my first choice? No. But I know for a damn fact that I want Trump to not be president more than I care about... uh... "sticking it to the poser libs" or whatever people's pissant motivations about "abstaining" are going to be, by not voting.
    Remember when setting the US on the right foot was removing the little less right George W Bush (than Trump) from the WH?

Funny how he we are in a worse situation after all that, because the Dems keep putting up more right leaning candidates.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Remember when setting the US on the right foot was removing the little less right George W Bush (than Trump) from the WH?

Funny how he we are in a worse situation after all that, because the Dems keep putting up more right leaning candidates.
    It's almost as if anyone with a different opinion than yours is the "problem". What's that saying? When you think everyone around you is an asshole...maybe you are the asshole? I think this applies here.

Also, NO REFUNDS BERNIE BROS. HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Twitter at most should be looked at as a non-scientific outlier poll. Meaning use a whole dump-truck of salt. Not to say it doesn't have meaning, but you can't really conclude it's those damn Berniebros. Even if true it probably the 10% to 15% percent that Biden would struggle to take anyways.

Jill Stein pushing for a Dem Exit is to be expected. She is part of one of few semi-known third-parties. Them trying to get disenfranchised voters who feel ignored should be expected.
    I just found out today that Jill Stein isn't even the Green Party candidate this cycle.

Warren before she started stumbling.

So the bar for "Toxic" is not voting for Biden.
    Seems to be the trend.
    Meanwhile, pundits go wild with mind-boggling spins:

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/sta...24623561216001

@BernieSanders
    bowed to the math in acknowledging that
    @JoeBiden
    will be the nominee. He used the time today to laud his movement. But if his goal is to defeat
    @realDonaldTrump
    , he’ll have to make a more affirmative case for Biden and why his supporters should support him.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-04-09 at 12:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alas the only candidate that was even plausibly going to do even a pale husk of what Sanders' policy proposals were was maybe a Warren, assuming somewhere under what Warren is now is the same person who wrote The Two Income Trap.

Or, you know, Sanders, you could pick Sanders.

- - - Updated - - -

So weird that Sanders was so involved in writing the rules for this election then.

Today we learned 30=10.

I'll take "how to not get anything I want for $1000 Alex". The progressive have tried to take over the party twice now. They failed. Burning it to the ground will be even more self defeating.

Given your posting history I'm really struggling to believe you are posting from any place of sincere concern for the progressive party.
    Dude, I'm not getting anything I want either way so what is the point? And "Progressive Party" pffffft It nominated the rapey senator from MBNA with dementia setting in. Lets not kid ourselves with such jokes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Big tent is going to roll right over you. : )
    Pffffft, then go ahead? You never wanted those voters nor the polices anyway so it makes zero difference.

Alas the only candidate that was even plausibly going to do even a pale husk of what Sanders' policy proposals were was maybe a Warren, assuming somewhere under what Warren is now is the same person who wrote The Two Income Trap.

Or, you know, Sanders, you could pick Sanders.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, I'm not getting anything I want either way so what is the point? And "Progressive Party" pffffft It nominated the rapey senator from MBNA with dementia setting in. Lets not kid ourselves with such jokes.

- - - Updated - - -

Pffffft, then go ahead? You never wanted those voters nor the polices anyway so it makes zero difference.
    Of course you are getting exactly what you wanted, you are a Trump supporter... as has been proven time and time again. Your "concern" is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Top trends right now, in the U.S., while I look at Twitter:

#PardonJoeExotic (something dumb Trump said)
    #CongratsToTrump (driven by Bernie people and Trump people)
    Geno Smith (a football player causing football drama)
    #DemExit (Bernie people)
    Jagr (a hockey player, no clue why he's trending)
    Scalia (Bernie people, mad that Biden voted for Scalia, in a 98-0 vote, to SCOTUS)
    Cocaine Mitch (driven by liberals in general)
    NY Post (the reporter who asked Trump about Joe Exotic)
    Voting for Biden (mixture of Dems pushing back at DemExit, and Bernie supporters expressing incredulity at the idea)
    Elijah (because of Passover?)
    Jill Stein (because she's pushing #DemExit hard)
    #DamnTheMan (celebrating the movie Empire Records)
    Abrams (Stacy Abrams VP speculation)
    Roe v Wade (Mainstream Dems arguing the need to vote for Biden to protect abortion)
    #HottiesAtHome (no clue)

That's the top 15. 7 are about Bernie or Biden and the conflict between the two groups of voters.
    It wouldn't be the first time Trumpster trolls tried to push a false narrative. Hell, they still want to claim #walkaway is a real thing.