Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Sure, if no changes to the mobs are made No extra mechanics.

Hopefully enough is fairly high, it would suck to Q and get put into a 9m guild run, they don't like you and flag you and now you can't Q.
    Not necessarily extra but more difficult to avoid. Or more frequent. Give the healers something to whackamole. (I love to heal, it can get boring some times though.)
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account

You're probably intelligent enough to figure out this is something the players brought upon themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    [IMG]http://www.darklegacycomics.com/comics/721.jpg[IMG]
    Still happens. Almost got kicked after one pull of N'zoth because I was doing the Psychus phase counter-clockwise instead of clockwise. Because I hadn't raided with their guild before.

1000g loot bags don't make up for 1000g in "all the idiot DPS died to insanity on N'zoth" repair bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I main a tank, I've mained tanks for most of the 15 years I've played and honestly I'm done tanking for pugs. Sorry. On the off chance I end up in a match made activity as a tank, if I'm "not pulling fast enough" and you want to pull shit, I'll vote to kick, if it fails, I leave and you can wait in queue. If I'm healing and you can't do mechanics, I'll leave. If you can't interrupt, I'll leave. Why should I be expected to put the time and effort into learning a class, and dungeon mechanics if my dps can't even be bothered to learn to properly play their class and allow the tank to control the pace of the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    1000g loot bags don't make up for 1000g in "all the idiot DPS died to insanity on N'zoth" repair bills.
    For LFR god no.

But for random heroic? on geared tank chars i find it quite fun tbh. in a good amount of dungeons you can pull boss to boss and 90% of the time the healer can manage the aoe damage that goes out. dungeon takes <10 minutes. easy peasy. (but you will die a bit inside when you get tol dagor or shrine, where the mobs have too much CC/heal to pull the entire instance)

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Who the heck is still queuing for dungeons this late into the expansion anyway?
    I do for 110-115 dungeons to help the new guys from time to time. Queue as tank but switch to DPS (DH) because it`s faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    It'd likely take a long time to develop and test AI for full dungeons for every single dungeon that exists, which is time better spent elsewhere.
    they could release their dev tools and let modders do it. they accidentally leaked their dev tools back in wotlk and people had created shit on a certain private server in DAYS that blizz always acted like took a long time

their reaction to this was to go after the server with lawyers, invalidate their own dev tools and then keep on keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by Shezarrine View Post
    they could release their dev tools and let modders do it. they accidentally leaked their dev tools back in wotlk and people had created shit on a certain private server in DAYS that blizz always acted like took a long time

their reaction to this was to go after the server with lawyers, invalidate their own dev tools and then keep on keeping on
    modders can always do stuff faster than a big company. cause they don't have to care about most of the things the company has to, most notably quality assurance and other jobs on the docket.

also releasing this type of tools is giving botters a field day unfortunately.

Because no one wants to play tanks anymore.

I havnt really had fun on my prot warrior, since MoP Vengeance tanking, using a dodge/parry build!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You have to be masochist to queue as tank or heal with random people. Too many clueless dps queuing.
    As someone who regularly plays all 3 roles, there is just as high a percentage of bad tanks and bad heals as dps. You have to remember that you are exposed to 3x as many dps as tanks and heals.

And the same goes for toxicity. I've seen tanks rush into large groups, die, and then berate the healer and dps because he pulled far more than he could handle. I've seen healers get obsessive about dps standing in bad just once. And, yes, I see and absolutely despise the "Go Go Go" dps jerks.

We have a lot of issues, but we do not have a tanks and heals are angels while dps are demons issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Blizzard has had ample time to come up with a fix for this problem. The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.

Remember (forgot which xpac) Blizzard said leveling as a straight healer would be possible and running solo scenarios for rewards as a healer would be a thing?

Why not implement a scenario for singular people without guilds, without the 20+ minutes of waiting AND then running said dungeon?

AI has worked fine in brawlers guild, that gives rewards. It was viable in Proving Grounds, we started the fights as whatever spec we wanted...

This is possible.
    WoW has ALOT less players then it used to, so the queue is alot longer.
    Also those who say just queue as healer or Tank should srsly kill themself, what a useless reply that is lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW has ALOT less players then it used to, so the queue is alot longer.
    Also those who say just queue as healer or Tank should srsly kill themself, what a useless reply that is lol.
    What a horrible comment. What makes you think it's okay to tell people to kill themselves even as a joke? Disgusting.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has had ample time to come up with a fix for this problem. The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.
    Because that's how queues work. Blizzard cannot give you a tank that doesnt exist

Remember (forgot which xpac) Blizzard said leveling as a straight healer would be possible and running solo scenarios for rewards as a healer would be a thing?
    Considering how many healers upload videos of Horrific Visions solo 5 mask runs, i'd say thats there

Why not implement a scenario for singular people without guilds, without the 20+ minutes of waiting AND then running said dungeon?
    Why not use an off spec and make yourself valuable, consideing it costs you nothing to make that off spec?

AI has worked fine in brawlers guild, that gives rewards. It was viable in Proving Grounds, we started the fights as whatever spec we wanted...
    I remember Proving Ground's AI. As healer your whole group sat in aoe on the floor, no NPC did a single interrupt, and they were doing less damage than you if you were doing the tank version. I guess we have different definition of "worked fine"
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

10+ Year Old Account
    The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.
    Nothing is tired and outdated if it's still factual and accurate in the present.
    This was never the problem... Being able to effectively solo level a healer doesn't mean more people will magically want to take on the extra responsibility (and blame, if anything goes wrong, even if it wasn't their fault) of being a tank or healer... And the rest of them simply don't enjoy the playstyle.

Because this is an MMO, if you want to play a single player game I advise you go do exactly that, there are plenty to choose from.
    AI has worked fine in brawlers guild
    It really hasn't.
    It was viable in Proving Grounds
    Was it though?
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-04-14 at 08:18 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

5+ Year Old Account
    The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.
    It may be "tired" and "outdated" but not false. If dungeons are to remain a social function between human players (e.g., not AI players) within WoW, then the problem remains. There are many DPS compared to the relatively few tanks and healers. So the constraint is from the hardest commodity to obtain: healers and tanks.

I don't think AI players is a solution because it disrupts the fundamental component of dungeons: human players interacting and coordinating together. WoW is already a single-player game with occasional other players appearing, rather like Dark Souls. We're wanting a game that is less single player and more massively multiplayer.

Edit: also this is post 69 for me. giggity
    Last edited by vincink; 2020-04-14 at 08:18 PM.

I'm sure a huge part of this problem is down to the bonus satchels no longer containing anything worthwhile. Back when they could drop rare mounts and pets queues were much faster. I know that I don't personally bother tanking or healing for the extra rewards any more, since they're just not all that appealing.

I still don't get the AI portion, like it's an MMO, the whole point is to play with other people. The only other example I see this being used in FF14 and I feel that is acceptable because the dungeons are a required part of the story in that game. (I'm sure there are other examples though).

If you really want to play with bots then maybe single player RPGS are the better option. I do agree that dps queues are a problem, which is inflamed with the expansion reaching the end of it's life-cycle and being a sub-par one to begin with, but bots are not the option. I do like the idea of making leveling dungeons scalable to different roles (i.e. 4 dps and a healer), as that reduces the queues but maintains the multiplayer portion of the game.

Adding a new class for Healer/Tank could also be an idea, there are what only 5 tank classes and 5 healer classes while all classes can dps (multiple specs for each role has an effect too). Having a new class(es) that can Heal and tank would atleast get some more interest, or maybe even new specs.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

The biggest problem is still loot.
    World quest has better loot than dungeons and LFR. Why bother?

This is possible.
    how about people like you stop complaining and learn how to make friends and meet people in a MMO instead of asking for making
    every shitty thing soloable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What a horrible comment. What makes you think it's okay to tell people to kill themselves even as a joke? Disgusting.
    Disgusting? Overtaking it a bit aren't we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post