3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I saw that Bwonsamdi the Dead was making their own signature? I hope that means I am off the hook!
    Yeah, I did try and make my own, but I just don't have the right kind of program to do it with.

I'd still like to see what kind of signature you'd make with a Bwonsamdi though

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Both Bwon and Facilier are heavily based on Samedi, so of course they are similar.

The other two are just generic as fuck standard devil stand-ins.
    Well Bwonsamdi does kind of look like Ryuk. I think his appearance was based on him too (pale face, dark hair/lips, stiches, hunched over posture, gray skin etc).
    He's defiantly based on Baron Samedi without a doubt
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-04-17 at 04:33 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

has there been a 2nd alpha wave with torghast?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    has there been a 2nd alpha wave with torghast?
    There hasn't been another wave yet to my knowledge, Friday could have one or there could not be another wave until next week.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Real world morals aside, most living races in WoW universe are not down with being brought back against their will. Consent is key here, particularly since there are way too many hints that being resurrected into undeath usually comes with a slight mind control or being enslaved to the will of the one who brought you back. So yeah, if you add the history Azeroth has with undeath (being attacked by your zombie-loved ones and whatnot), it's perfectly understandable to be averse to it.
    it's not MC (unless it's situation when necromancer wish to control you from start). It's shock for your soul and body, when you come back from death. You feel different, you was torn from either torment or pleasure (depends on where you ended up after death), you meet with living who see you as abomination to this world. This change your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    it's not MC (unless it's situation when necromancer wish to control you from start). It's shock for your soul and body, when you come back from death. You feel different, you was torn from either torment or pleasure (depends on where you ended up after death), you meet with living who see you as abomination to this world. This change your character.
    You were torn from nowhere, if you are raised within minutes, even seconds, after your death. With the way shadowlands shapes up to be there is a clearly a delay until someone comes and picks up your soul. Not to mention that we have seen countless times in WoW that souls linger for decades if they died a violent death, like in a war, long before any of the new lore comes even into place.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You were torn from nowhere, if you are raised within minutes, even seconds, after your death. With the way shadowlands shapes up to be there is a clearly a delay until someone comes and picks up your soul. Not to mention that we have seen countless times in WoW that souls linger for decades if they died a violent death, like in a war, long before any of the new lore comes even into place.
    even then it's a shock for your soul and body. And mind. Remember how forsaken paniced when were raised in cata?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so this is the guy that chases you in Thorgast, if you die too many times:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Hopefully not. AU is a trash concept imo along with reality-transcending Burning Legion. Also the Ogre Continent was retconned out of existence.

Next thing you know the ogre continent will be where the ogre allied race is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    even then it's a shock for your soul and body. And mind. Remember how forsaken paniced when were raised in cata?
    Yeah totally had nothing to do with their new disfigured form

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    There hasn't been another wave yet to my knowledge, Friday could have one or there could not be another wave until next week.
    Someone on Sloot's twitchchat yday said they got alpha with the new update.

No idea if it's legit but it made me check my bnet launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

Requires an army of mages to kill him

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Well Bwonsamdi does kind of look like Ryuk. I think his appearance was based on him too (pale face, dark hair/lips, stiches, hunched over posture, gray skin etc).
    Please. You might as well claim Sally is based off of him, since she has all those exact same features minus the hunch.

One is a bug-eyed, dog-faced clown in goth rockstar clothing, the other is literally just a partially skeletal jungle troll wearing standard witchdoctory voodoo shit. The only thing they have in common is being lanky and hunched over, which Bwonsamdi only is because every single non-zandalari male troll in the game is lanky and hunched over. All that other shit is just generic features attributed to dead things. Grey skin, pale skin (not that Bwonsamdi is even pale, he's a pretty midrange grey), dark lips (Ryuk's aren't even dark, they're painted blue), stitched together body parts.

I get the feeling they had the words "GO CRAZY" written on a whiteboard during the planning meetings for the tower. And I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can have 2 guys like him chasing you !

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    You can have 2 guys like him chasing you !
    It looks like it can spawn one of these for every player, at least I saw that in one stream, though not sure if that is actually intended.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It looks like it can spawn one of these for every player, at least I saw that in one stream, though not sure if that is actually intended.
    Dunno I was alone ... but, one friendly NPC was with me, maybe it counts

Here's I was hoping Nathanos would die in the novel. Looks like it's not the case, cause his model was datamined for 9.0.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Requires an army of mages to kill him
    He just regenerates, and not exactly slowly. You can just stand back up after getting killed, but that's not going to get you far.

He's also not that slow, and he'll just show up on the next level if somebody doesn't manage to get out before him and keeps dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Dunno I was alone ... but, one friendly NPC was with me, maybe it counts
    Towel's stream only had one... but he isn't limited to a single floor.

Max Deaths per floor is easy, at least. Players in group x 2 + 1, so you can fully wipe twice without triggering a response.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He just regenerates, and not exactly slowly. You can just stand back up after getting killed, but that's not going to get you far.

He's also not that slow, and he'll just show up on the next level if somebody doesn't manage to get out before him and keeps dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Towel's stream only had one... but he isn't limited to a single floor.

Max Deaths per floor is easy, at least. Players in group x 2 + 1, so you can fully wipe twice without triggering a response.
    No I was referring to the fact that the limit boys that were running it including their fire mage had managed to actually kill him after clearing the final floor

Like they triggered the death count they went back to the part where he would respond that they had the blink ability that would spawn a mirror image and another ability that made blink have like a one second cool down

I think near the end they were about 20 copies of the fire mage and they killed him in a few seconds

And then you have idiots that are going around like oh it’s so broken when the point is for it to be broken after you get so far

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I get the feeling they had the words "GO CRAZY" written on a whiteboard during the planning meetings for the tower. And I love it.
    Honestly I love the fact that they just went wild

I mean you have only a few classes for testing right now but discipline priest can almost one shot a boss with the right abilities

Demon Hunter can essentially fell rush so much so fast that they get a five minute buff from momentum Plus they can get I-beam on like a three second cool down

Mages can just blink everywhere make a giant army of themselves and be amazing

Haven’t seen the warlocks but I really want to

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Here's I was hoping Nathanos would die in the novel. Looks like it's not the case, cause his model was datamined for 9.0.
    Won't it be so much more satisfying to kill him in a raid though? Finally seeing his annoying mouth stop moving for once?

Also, on the assumption that he is a boss in Castle Nathria. I wonder if is redesign in BfA was to preemptively fit better in with the vampire aesthetic they are going for.
    Sure, it is quite likely he will get a shiny new model for the raid, but even without it he fits right in with the Revandreth aesthetic.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Torghast looks way better than I feared.