Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Well to be fair, that is the classic experience. Classic was overran by a ton of bots.
    Not really. Wow glider had its run for about five months then got banned. And the “bots” people used to afk in BGs weren’t even bots. They were auto clickers. I should know. I used one in 2005. And I did eventually get caught and punished for it which I totally understood. I’ve never used another third party program since then but I’ve always kept tabs on the websites that show them off and sell them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    You guys wanted #NoChanges you got #NoChanges
    Hurrr durrrrrr every player is a monolith

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    what do parties of 1 druid 1 priest and 3 mages have to do with botting?making optimal groups is botting?lol
    It isn’t making an optimal group. It’s what farmers are doing to Make gold now. You can literally join discord’s and see it in action. No need to bury your head in the sand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just sayin, that's how this was in Vanilla. Bots everywhere. #NoChanges right?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I'm just sayin, that's how this was in Vanilla. Bots everywhere. #NoChanges right?
    #NoChanges #SomeChanges #ItsNotAChangeItsAFix

Pretty sure they could add LFR, Flying, and DemonHunters to Classic and everyone would defend it as a "Fix"

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Not really. Wow glider had its run for about five months then got banned. And the “bots” people used to afk in BGs weren’t even bots. They were auto clickers. I should know. I used one in 2005. And I did eventually get caught and punished for it which I totally understood. I’ve never used another third party program since then but I’ve always kept tabs on the websites that show them off and sell them.

- - - Updated - - -

Hurrr durrrrrr every player is a monolith

- - - Updated - - -

It isn’t making an optimal group. It’s what farmers are doing to Make gold now. You can literally join discord’s and see it in action. No need to bury your head in the sand.
    wow,i didnt know only bots knew the secret to optimal group setups,pretty soon skynet will begin

wow,i didnt know only bots knew the secret to optimal group setups,pretty soon skynet will begin
    Imagine being this guy and being this dense, should change your nick to denseman. Then again it is pretty optimal to have 5 extra accounts that will level and farm gold for you without human input.

And update on bots that I noticed when making a new char last week, they went from shadowfang -> stockades and have been doing scarlet monastery for 3rd day in a row with same 3 mage, druid, priest setup all level 41.

Total of 5 bots in stockades, 15 in scarlet monastery, 5 in sunken temple, 30 in stratholme.

Well to be fair, that is the classic experience. Classic was overran by a ton of bots.
    It wasn't.
    You guys wanted #NoChanges you got #NoChanges
    I didn't. But good job regurgitating an easy snarky non-post I guess. Not to mention that, again, this was not the case in Vanilla.

Blizzard usually bans in waves, so when was the last major banwave?

Quote Originally Posted by Luihu View Post
    Imagine being this guy and being this dense, should change your nick to denseman. Then again it is pretty optimal to have 5 extra accounts that will level and farm gold for you without human input.

And update on bots that I noticed when making a new char last week, they went from shadowfang -> stockades and have been doing scarlet monastery for 3rd day in a row with same 3 mage, druid, priest setup all level 41.

Total of 5 bots in stockades, 15 in scarlet monastery, 5 in sunken temple, 30 in stratholme.
    right so people dont play with friends in classic at all,and they never level up and move on to other dungeons,ever,only bots do that,gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    It wasn't.
    But it was. Of about 4 different servers back in Classic they were made up of about 50% bots who would level, fish, or farm mats. You can choose not to accept or believe it, but it was definitely the case back then. Same goes for gold sellers.

It wasn't.

I didn't. But good job regurgitating an easy snarky non-post I guess. Not to mention that, again, this was not the case in Vanilla.
    Glider. You are lucky you dont remember the invasion.

I botted in Vanilla...
    The irony... Nothing more to read here. I'm sure today's bots will thank you for helping them improve through use. If only they could ban you now.

They are banning a lot of them, but that only happens after weeks and weeks of them farming. It brings them cash, so i guess they let them run for maybe 2-3 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to be absolutely "special" if you couldn't tell the difference between bots and real players. Here's a couple hints. They have the same type of names when you /who them. They're in the guilds that only speak Chinese. Oh and you can watch them and tell it's a fucking bot.

Go find any hunter with a name like Denebhu. Watch as their character runs up and melees mobs rather than attacking them with a bow because the leveling bot has problems with ranged ammo. Watch as said character will attack and kill every mob even if you tag it first. Watch how they don't respond or test it by whispering them and saying the words Blizzard and Botting. They'll log off within 60 seconds. They're bots champ.

PS: The Comma is not intended to be used as a replacement for the space bar.

But it was. Of about 4 different servers back in Classic they were made up of about 50% bots who would level, fish, or farm mats. You can choose not to accept or believe it, but it was definitely the case back then. Same goes for gold sellers.
    I would LOVE to know which four servers you're speaking of. Especially as someone who knows this market very well.

Also it would have had to be very late in vanilla since they weren't botting for a long ass time. That's why we saw rogues in Tyr's Hand with the same armor on and they'd talk to you. I told a story about this on /r/ClassicWow awhile back how I made a guild of chinese farmers. WoW Glider was the only bot that was capable of this and it didn't last very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    You'd have to be absolutely "special" if you couldn't tell the difference between bots and real players. Here's a couple hints. They have the same type of names when you /who them. They're in the guilds that only speak Chinese. Oh and you can watch them and tell it's a fucking bot.

Go find any hunter with a name like Denebhu. Watch as their character runs up and melees mobs rather than attacking them with a bow because the leveling bot has problems with ranged ammo. Watch as said character will attack and kill every mob even if you tag it first. Watch how they don't respond or test it by whispering them and saying the words Blizzard and Botting. They'll log off within 60 seconds. They're bots champ.

PS: The Comma is not intended to be used as a replacement for the space bar.

I would LOVE to know which four servers you're speaking of. Especially as someone who knows this market very well.

Also it would have had to be very late in vanilla since they weren't botting for a long ass time. That's why we saw rogues in Tyr's Hand with the same armor on and they'd talk to you. I told a story about this on /r/ClassicWow awhile back how I made a guild of chinese farmers. WoW Glider was the only bot that was capable of this and it didn't last very long.
    you can watch them inside dungeons??oh no....dear god...the bots have learned how to...STREAM??we are doooooomed

Except it wasn't even close to what I've seen recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Glider. You are lucky you dont remember the invasion.
    Except I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    The irony... Nothing more to read here. I'm sure today's bots will thank you for helping them improve through use. If only they could ban you now.
    K. How's that petty vengeful attitude working out for you in life?

you can watch them inside dungeons??oh no....dear god...the bots have learned how to...STREAM??we are doooooomed
    You know the bots have to go outside and reset yes? Then you'd actual see their movement, exactly like a multibotter except it's 4 bots on follow on another bot.

You need to stop being so dense

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    The question should be

Why people are not getting banned for botting?
    because money

Except I do.
    Come on.. Glider was huge - and so was the lawsuit. And it was just one of the many public bots.

www.mmoglider.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    This is not a thread about the bad influence that bots have on the economy as well on the game in general. We all know and agree bots are bad for the game.

They take action against bots. Just take a look at the bot forums and you will see weekly ban waves until the bot is dead. But since its huge popularity and the easy ways of scripting new bots come up weekly as well. But people in here seriously think blizzard is like - "they never do anything to stop bots in this game they only care about their subs". You can't argue with those stupid idiots.

Just take retail as an example. In Legion, you leveled up a new character and you saw every 2 minutes 5 bots riding around you. Now I haven't seen a bot in MONTHS. And this is not about botting not being lucrative. It could be today just as good as it was 2 years ago in Legion. If you go and check you will see the hundreds of people crying about their accounts for the last 2 years.

Just be patient and blizzard will handle botting in Classic as well. Keep posting about bots and keep the topic relevant and blizzard will take actions.
    are u looking at Free open source bots or what? lol. Ive seen 1 out of the 5 bots I've checked for w/e reasons wether its ways i can fuck with them, or DK bomb them, actually die and recieve banwaves, a few false alarms that were just people picked up by another system and banned for other reasons than actual botting (getting less than 6 months). so the idiots you cannot argue with kinda do have a point? Maybe ur one of the fanatics just like them, but just in the opposite camp, ever thought of that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bots atm are rare and tbh using bot made banhammer quite fast on ur head :P Friend of mine was a botter. All his accounts get banned perm. He made new and get ban again after few days. Botting is pretty hard watched these days. Game is maybe old but made on new system.