Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I don’t want to lift, because I don’t want muscle mass. And I think training endurance still builds muscle? Also, cardio is too much work for just losing half a meal’s worth of calories.

I used to weigh 95 lbs. Now I’m almost double that. I used to drink tea when I had cravings, but now there’s popcorn, chips and ice cream around. Should I just not eat as much? Is that really all?
    even if you lift you wont "just build muscles" because you lift few times.

unless you plan to work out for 3-4 years straight they wont just magicaly appear.

as to how loose weight - eat less.

check how much you eat - write it with details and then cut portions by 25%. you will see resoults in no time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    even if you lift you wont "just build muscles" because you lift few times.

unless you plan to work out for 3-4 years straight they wont just magicaly appear.

as to how loose weight - eat less.

check how much you eat - write it with details and then cut portions by 25%. you will see resoults in no time
    Once you start tracking what you eat you really get that "WTF" moment when you end up in high end range of 2000 calories daily and then it suddenly makes sense why you gained that much weight over time. Once you figure out how many calories you also actually burn daily there really is no way around it but eating less is the only way forward.

Small changes work the best, just dropping snacks and sugar drinks will work for a lot of people as there is so many calories in a few snacks it really makes you think twice about grabbing another biscuit. Mistake i often made was taking a quick snack when i was hungry instead of making a sandwich because i figured the sandwich would be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Once you start tracking what you eat you really get that "WTF" moment when you end up in high end range of 2000 calories daily and then it suddenly makes sense why you gained that much weight over time. Once you figure out how many calories you also actually burn daily there really is no way around it but eating less is the only way forward.

Small changes work the best, just dropping snacks and sugar drinks will work for a lot of people as there is so many calories in a few snacks it really makes you think twice about grabbing another biscuit. Mistake i often made was taking a quick snack when i was hungry instead of making a sandwich because i figured the sandwich would be worse.
    thats one thing.

2nd much more important thing is size of portions.

so what if you "eat healthy " when you still devaur 4k "healthy " calories a day .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thats one thing.

2nd much more important thing is size of portions.

so what if you "eat healthy " when you still devaur 4k "healthy " calories a day .
    Yeah that's thing with health food isn't it, people need to replace unhealthy with healthy food not stack healthy food on top of that.

I mean nuts are healthy but also very easy of overindulge in.

Eat whatever you want just less

Instead of eating a whole pizza eat a half one

Instead of eating an entire cake just take a single slice

Instead of drinking soda all the time, reduce it to weekends. Water boots metabolism

Bottom line is moderation. Another alternative that I used is the watermelon died. Barely any caleries so you can eat as much as you want. Be sure to eat normal food every once in a while so you get nutrition
    An'u belore delen'na

Losing weight is 80% Diet and 20% Exercise. If your sole purpose is weight loss and not muscle gain, then make sure you eat healthy and stay within a limited amount of calories every day - The calorie intake is the most important part - The main reason why you should eat healthy though, is that healthy food tend to be better at sating hunger for a longer period of time. You'll often see white bread containing less calories 100/mg than the healthier kind, but the healthier types usually makes you feel more full for longer, which in the long run eases your appetite.

Don't eat too many sweets, sugar, fat or salt, try to keep those on the down low.

As for excercising, you want to exhaust yourself with motion, not with weights, so either find some good aerobics videos, og use any kind of equipment you might have at home. Get your pulse up, if you've got breath to chat, you're not challenging yourself enough. If you've got an area you know won't have any people in it (Due to the times) then you can go for long walks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Flay- View Post
    This is honestly the worst advice I've ever seen. You cannot out-exercise a terrible diet. OP, please don't listen to this guy.
    You definitely can, however you gotta do a lot more and it's not as fast. It's also not that easy either... basically you really have to enjoy working out a lot and regularly, then you can sorta eat whatever you want.

BTT: That being said, I am currently trying to lose weight and I've gotten down from 110kg to 96kg (height 182cm) in a few months, just by walking (slightly faster tho) 30min+ every day and by simply eating less than usual (1 proper meal per day, just a little for dinner and no breakfast). I also drink more water and avoid sugar as much as I can. However I am slowing down now and I guess I will have to ramp up things a little more with exercise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly? The way OP worded his / her question suggests they are 12 ^^

"...now there’s popcorn, chips and ice cream around. Should I just not eat as much? Is that really all? "

Really? And ofc never came back to participate^^
    A quick look at his post history and I guess that's OP: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52326403

what a strange thread xD
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2020-05-09 at 11:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to be stick thin and avoid any muscle build-up there's not much you can do but eating very little and counting calories while taking some supplements to avoid deficiencies. But why would you want to do that to your body?

I don't know whether you're male or female. If you're female you shouldn't worry too much about building visible muscle though aerobic exercise like running or biking since muscle builds about 6 times slower in women than it does in men (unless, you know, steroids) and only becomes defined once you go way under 15% body fat, which is harder than it sounds. Also, having some muscle will actually increase the amount of calories you burn passively, which is also part of the real reason people do cardio.

You don't need to burn off a 600-calorie meal in one sitting. You can burn 200-300 and the body will do the rest over time later, passively and by repairing the damage all exercise causes to your muscles. Ideally you don't look at your calories burned at all and just go by what feels right or set a timer or distance.
    Gonna be honest with you here: putting on some music or an audiobook and running a couple miles will speed your fat burning way up, so it really is the healthiest, easiest and quickest way to lose weight. As a bonus, exercise makes people feel good because anything that gains you or burns a lot of calories in a short time will make your brain release a bunch of endorphins.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Expend more energy than you stuff in your mouth and take more pleasure in how your body is than what you would otherwise stuff it with.
    Don't let anyone tell you how to be comfortable in your own body. Do what makes you happy.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Exercise and drink only water.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

10+ Year Old Account
    Try intermitent fasting,its great tool for shock metabolism and increase fat loss... for beginners 16 hr fasting and 8 hr eating ita good start. You need to do something in that fasting window, if you dont, you get bored and start eat. In general, boredom is way to hell in losing weight.

And lifting weights is incredible in weight loss, its not matter of building body and be bigger, but muscle mass is very metabolic energy demand, the more raw muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn over day even if you sleep, its tdee (try to google it)

Good luck, i deal with same problem whole life

Quote Originally Posted by This One Time At Bandcamp View Post
    Studies prove that people that count calories lose more weight.
    It is simply because you are more aware of what you eat during the day.
    This. Get an app on your phone, I think I used "lose it." It has a surprising amount of searchable food items, even local restaurants.

And cut out sugar, our bodies store sugar as fat way too easily. Anything non fat or low fat has sugar added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    You definitely can, however you gotta do a lot more and it's not as fast. It's also not that easy either... basically you really have to enjoy working out a lot and regularly, then you can sorta eat whatever you want.
    Even in theory this is still bad advice, watch this to get an idea of how much you would need to work out more. If you want to lose weight you need to reduce your caloric intake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roent View Post
    This. Get an app on your phone, I think I used "lose it." It has a surprising amount of searchable food items, even local restaurants.

And cut out sugar, our bodies store sugar as fat way too easily. Anything non fat or low fat has sugar added.
    A lot of them even got QR scanners with a huge database so you simply scan the QR code and only have to adjust the size of the portion.

I am using Calorie Counter - MyFitnessPal but i am considering swapping over to Carbon or trialling that one out to see how suitable their database is for my location.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Haha indeed. Guess it worked when he lost all that weight in 3 week

I went hardcore on "The 4hrs diet" and went down from 110 kg to 88 in 3 months at 1,88m height But it would be able to stay on it if I didn't change some habits.

Pretty much zero added sugars, walk 7 km a day or cycle 15 km, cut all kinds of convenience foods like what americans call TV dinners, I guess? You know..anything that is already prepared / processed in shops or takeaways, cook my own meals...stuff like that. Really low on carbs overall. I should really be thinner, but I guess I still like beer too much

There are tons of ways that work. Some only initially if you fall back on the old habits that made us fat in the first place
    Yeah that's what I've kinda been doing for the most part as well... however I wasn't watching out on food as much as I should've (except that I simply ate less meals than usual). Still used to frequently eat fast food and whatnot. However I've fully cut down on that too (thanks to the corona virus lol) and will hopefully remain like that.

I am going to start soon. I decided a few years ago to lose some weight, had managed to get to 205 lbs. I lost around 25 LBS in 6 weeks. Drank only water (around 4 litres per day, spread throughout the day), 20-30 minute moderate cardio 3 times per week, weight lifting 5 times per week (2 push/pull and 1 leg), didn't calorie count but made sure I got to around 1.8k and cut out all sugary snacks, this included adding protein shakes 1 per day. I slowed it down a bit after that, got down to maybe 175, then have yoyo'd between 180-190 since. Getting closer to 200 now probably, have been doing a bit of comfort eating since this lockdown started. I now mentally feel that I can start to cut that shit out and get to around 175. The easiest change was drinking water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Expend more calories than you take in. If you want to start tracking your food try the app My fitness Pal. you can start small by cutting out all the junk food, if you like meat try getting the lean ones, and cut back on bread if you must, you'd be surprised how much calories are in bread. 95 sounds really light unless your like 10. are you M or F also? if you have discord I can help with questions.

Lost a lot of weight last year(gained a lot back lol)

Ate mostly chicken and Broccoli
    Did't drink anything with sugar in it, water became my favorite beverage
    Started drinking about a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar(with the mother) 30 minutes before every meal and sometimes when waking up and before going to bed
    Started doing 10-15 minutes of walking 30 minutes every meal
    Walked about 1 1/2 - 2hrs a day, 3-4 days a week with a longsleeve shirt and pullover hoodie on at the hottest point of the day.
    Lost over 40lbs in 3months

Can't wait for the temperature to get hotter again, we legit just had snow yesterday so this has been a long winter for me

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Losing weight is 80% Diet and 20% Exercise. If your sole purpose is weight loss and not muscle gain, then make sure you eat healthy and stay within a limited amount of calories every day - The calorie intake is the most important part - The main reason why you should eat healthy though, is that healthy food tend to be better at sating hunger for a longer period of time. You'll often see white bread containing less calories 100/mg than the healthier kind, but the healthier types usually makes you feel more full for longer, which in the long run eases your appetite.

Don't eat too many sweets, sugar, fat or salt, try to keep those on the down low.

As for excercising, you want to exhaust yourself with motion, not with weights, so either find some good aerobics videos, og use any kind of equipment you might have at home. Get your pulse up, if you've got breath to chat, you're not challenging yourself enough. If you've got an area you know won't have any people in it (Due to the times) then you can go for long walks too.
    technicaly weights are as effective as motion .

best is combo of both .

here is the mistake i see people often make in gym - they exercise wrong - for example make big breaks between series - instead focus on training - keep equal breaks and keep momentum - instead checking out mobile phones , chit chatting etc. - that might be good if you want to build strengt but when its about fat burning nthing of that should take place , another common mistake is they take too much weight and fuck up techniuqe and speed of repetitions ,

unlike common belief you should use your brain in gym too. or hire personal trainer who will thought instead of you .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-05-12 at 11:31 AM.