10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    A lot of them also do not want to Admit Truth and or are Driven clearly by Greed.

You have people that are clearly manipulated or driven by evil and greedy pastors/priests, cults, and other Conspiracy Theorists.
    Religion is a disease in itself, but that's another topic already.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart

To be honest, deaths are declining slightly faster than I expected, I thought the tail of the curve would be "fatter" than it appears to become. At least one of the following must be true:

1. The scare is over, fearmongers and doomsayers will have to find something new.
    2. This is the result of the measures finally kicking in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post

To be honest, deaths are declining slightly faster than I expected, I thought the tail of the curve would be "fatter" than it appears to become. At least one of the following must be true:

1. The scare is over, fearmongers and doomsayers will have to find something new.
    I mean, here in Israel we too have very pretty statistic, but it's because we had balls to the wall lockdowns all the way through until the last week.

Yet here are the pictures from central bus station this week, when shit started opening up full throttle.

Now you tell me where this is going to lead.

Sweden: Many times more dead AND worse economic forecast than the neighboring countries
    Published 10 May 2020 at 09.31

DOMESTIC. In Sweden, not only many times more people have died in covid-19 than in our neighboring countries. In addition, our economy will be hit harder during the crisis, according to a new EU forecast.

The unique Swedish corona strategy, which is based on allowing the infection to spread in society to achieve "flock immunity", has been motivated by, among other things, that our economy would take less strides than countries that have taken more effective measures against the spread of infection.

The price for this is that just over 3,200 people have so far been reported dead in covid-19 in Sweden. In Norway and Finland, the number of deaths at the same time is a few hundred each, and in Denmark just over 500.

But according to the European Commission's new spring forecast for economic development in Europe, the Swedish economy will also be hit harder by the corona crisis than our neighboring countries, Document reports.

The forecast shows that Sweden is facing a GDP rate of 6.1 percent this year.

At the same time, GDP in Denmark is expected to fall by 5.9 per cent and in Norway - which is also hit hard by the oil price crisis - at 5.5 per cent. This is despite the fact that the neighboring countries have introduced far more far-reaching measures to stop the spread.

It's a similar pattern when it comes to unemployment, writes Document. It is expected to rise to 9.7 percent in Sweden in 2020. In Denmark, unemployment will rise to 6.4 percent and in Norway 7.1 percent, according to the forecast.

The economic crisis in Sweden is driven by, among other things, drastically reduced private consumption, according to the EU report. The large contributions that the government pumps into the so-called business sector are financed simultaneously with loans, which is why the Swedish government debt is expected to increase from 35.1 per cent of GDP last year to 42.6 per cent this year.
    https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info...e/ip125_en.pdf

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for sharing

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of "contact tracing" seems to be ramping up.

This would be a really bad time to admit that, when I walk to the grocery store, pharmacy, orchard (cider donuts are essential), ATM or either local restaurant, I don't bring my phone.

Looks like the expected curve. The decline of deaths will naturally lag behind the decline in new cases because it takes a while for people to worsen and die.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The idea of "contact tracing" seems to be ramping up.

This would be a really bad time to admit that, when I walk to the grocery store, pharmacy, orchard (cider donuts are essential), ATM or either local restaurant, I don't bring my phone.
    I’ve left my house so few times in the last 2 months, even under a quarantine, it is embarrassingly antisocial.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone hates the guy saying "I told you so" but:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    wuflu
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean, the fact you call it "wuflu" makes it hard to take you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    It's a catchy name, not a tediously accurate one.
    Calling something by a catchy, though inaccurate name is also known as "lying".
    So you believe that COVID-19 is the flu?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    First of all, there is no such thing as wuflu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Some people are simply ignorant fucktards, and there is nothing that will change them.
    See, linguistics is science just like medicine, maybe less profitable but I'd say a bit more precise. Languages evolve because people need new words to convey their new thoughts. And the process is extremely democratic. You can look down on the general populace from your ivory towers all you want, but your grandchildren will speak the words that the people will elect.

Because of lack of a "catchy" widely known word, the people instead use a scientifically incorrect word. But who knows, maybe in 50 years "Covid is not a plague, it's just a flu" could become a meaningful, correct English sentence. Languages evolve all the time.

Also, a response to:
    Calling something by a catchy, though inaccurate name is also known as "lying".
    Nope, wrong. In competent circles it's known as "vernacular".

Everyone hates the guy saying "I told you so" but:

See, linguistics is science just like medicine, maybe less profitable but I'd say a bit more precise. Languages evolve because people need new words to convey their new thoughts. And the process is extremely democratic. You can look down on the general populace from your ivory towers all you want, but your grandchildren will speak the words that the people will elect.

Because of lack of a "catchy" widely known word, the people instead use a scientifically incorrect word. But who knows, maybe in 50 years "Covid is not a plague, it's just a flu" could become a meaningful, correct English sentence. Languages evolve all the time.

Also, a response to:

Nope, wrong. In competent circles it's known as "vernacular".
    Not sure why you'd say it, when all you did, was attempt to be obtuse for days on end. That's like taking a victory lap in the turd you just dropped on the floor.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yet here are the pictures from central bus station this week, when shit started opening up full throttle.

Now you tell me where this is going to lead.
    Looks like everyone is wearing a mask, so IMHO it should be fine. You do agree that hard lockdowns can only be sustained in short bursts anyway, like PhaelixWW said, a pally bubble, right? So this was inevitable and expected all the time from the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Not sure why you'd say it, when all you did, was attempt to be obtuse for days on end. That's like taking a victory lap in the turd you just dropped on the floor.
    I said that because the scientific community didn't popularize a "catchy" word for respiratory infections, the people will find a word that does the job. This is what's happening. Your repeated namecalling is accepted as admission of defeat, BTW.

Looks like everyone is wearing a mask, so IMHO it should be fine. You do agree that hard lockdowns can only be sustained in short bursts anyway, like PhaelixWW said, a pally bubble, right? So this was inevitable and expected all the time from the beginning.
    See, there we have the issue already. No its not 'ok' because they are wearing masks. Its a fake feeling of security that you can do whatever now because you have a mask.

Keep distance is still a very important part of keeping spread under control.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Masks do fuck all if the people are packed that tightly together and nobody wears eye protection.
    I don't entirely disagree but let's be practical, what's the realistic alternative for crowding at transport hubs? Government creates detailed schedules for people when they come to the bus stations?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    See, there we have the issue already. No its not 'ok' because they are wearing masks. Its a fake feeling of security that you can do whatever now because you have a mask.

Keep distance is still a very important part of keeping spread under control.
    OK you're right, they don't obey social distancing, my mistake.

Still, we can't live like that forever so it's bound to happen. Israel did a good job so far, they can afford some crowding I hope.
    Last edited by Cynep; 2020-05-12 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Masks do fuck all if the people are packed that tightly together and nobody wears eye protection.
    Or touches everything.

The mask will reduce the risk, but then, wearing a seat belt reduces the risk of death in a car crash. It doesn't remove it entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Omegalul. I mean, whatever really, it's even amusing. I just went "yeah ur absolutely right, spread the word!", no point arguing over that shit.
    Yea it's quite funny to see how far you can play into it before they realise (if they do) that you taking the piss haha.
    -K

3. Not all deaths are counted yet, and it will increase with updates - as numbers have done previous weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the result of the measures finally kicking in.
    Why do you say "finally"? Deaths in the UK peaked on 4/8, according to the same ONS data. Lockdown measures were put in place 3/23, which places the peak 16 days after the lockdown starts. That's pretty spot-on, I'd say.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

- - - Updated - - -

I said that because the scientific community didn't popularize a "catchy" word for respiratory infections, the people will find a word that does the job. This is what's happening. Your repeated namecalling is accepted as admission of defeat, BTW.
    Covid-19 is just fine. Coronavirus is just fine.

You cannot fix the willfully ignorant, so why bother.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    3. Not all deaths are counted yet, and it will increase with updates - as numbers have done previous weeks.
    Could be, but such updates would increase the head of the curve too, so it would still be dropping rather fast.

Did you mean BTW that none of my proposal was true, so 1. we're all doomed 2. measures don't work?

I don't entirely disagree but let's be practical, what's the realistic alternative for crowding at transport hubs?
    By Enforcing Policy that would encourage Social Distancing in Public Transportation Vehicles.

OK you're right, they don't obey social distancing, my mistake.

Still, we can't live like that forever so it's bound to happen.
    What a Disingenuous False Dichotomy, Who said anything about Forever?

And you would be completely wrong to say the Scare is over as The Coronavirus is far from over.

People should also be scared of the Coronavirus it can Cause Permanent Damage to your Body and kill Children and the Elderly.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-12 at 08:42 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.