Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And people ask for Necromancers, but Necromancer is a mage in wow lore that uses necromancer. But no one argues against the necromancer being playable because it is "just a mage." And we have people arguing for Tinker which we literally have a profession that kind of falls into that... a Tinker is by definition an engineer. So the idea "Bard is a profession" is just a bad argument. We don't know that Bards have no inherent power or abilities in Warcraft, so saying your statement is objective and factual ... is objectively false. A "we don't know" is not "none."

The thing bard is possible (unlikely but possible). What powers they'll have is unknown, but Bard is a way to get more ranged DPS and help clear up the cluster mess than is Melee.
    The difference is that the Tinker and Necromancer have recognizable, unique abilities. The Bard has none. The Necromancer and Tinker have major lore figures that define who they are. The Bard has none.

Bard >>>> sTinker

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Regular people who use sword/axe/mace to fight things. Bards are regular people who use instrument to entertain others, so far in Warcraft universe anyway.
    You'd be wrong.

Heartsinger Forrestern is a traveling bard that got trapped. Because we fight him doesn’t really mean much.
    The fact you can fight him means a lot. Because it gives us a rough idea of what the class would be: likely leather, according to his looks, with the possibility of being mail; he uses a bow; and his spells can inflict status effects.

And then we have Russell Brower, another bard, who, with his music, can heal you over time, and can cast frost spells.

In just about any games where I’ve played bard, they were a supporting role. WoW doesn’t do support roles anymore so that chance of bard are slim to none.
    This is such narrow thinking that it borders on being dishonest, considering the bard concept can easily be made to fit the tank/healer/dps "holy trinity" we have here in WoW.

Unless you don’t care about the fantasy
    I do. Which is why I want necromancers and bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The difference is that the Tinker and Necromancer have recognizable, unique abilities. The Bard has none. The Necromancer and Tinker have major lore figures that define who they are. The Bard has none.
    Just mix them together into a Necrotinker. I mean, that would be a much cooler class than both of them seperately.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    As a class currently? No.

But there are lute playing NPCs in some inns, and magic is a thing. So if you can channel magic through swords, staves and wands, why not through an instrument as well?
    that's boring. Bards have a unique skill set that needs to be shown through more than just a caster harp. Aggro management, provocation, buffs/debuffs, roots/charms. Using the enemy's strengths and numbers against them. That's how you make a bard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

A profession? How can a concept that doesn't "craft" anything be a profession? That's like saying "warriors should be a profession".
    I didn't really meant a Profession as ingame profession just in the world, my bad for the use of a term that can easily create confusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancers and Tinkers are far, faaaaaar more plausible than bards are for WoW. And I think Necromancers would be redundant and I think Tinkers would be better served by giving engineers more cool things to do (though inevitably barring that, a Tinker class could certainly work) There's no precedent for any sort of bard in WoW outside of run-of-the-mill traveling minstrels.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And I think Necromancers would be redundant
    I'm assuming (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that the reason you think that is because we have death knights? If so, why would they be redundant... if paladins don't make priests redundant, and vice-versa?

There's no precedent for any sort of bard in WoW outside of run-of-the-mill traveling minstrels.
    There is, though. Russell Brower and Hearthsinger Forresten are two bards with defensive and offensive abilities. Not to mention other characters who could be considered "bard-like" and be "upgraded" to bard status, like what happened to Chen Stormstout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm assuming (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that the reason you think that is because we have death knights? If so, why would they be redundant... if paladins don't make priests redundant, and vice-versa?
    If paladins existed in the game and not priests, they would not be adding priests.

There is, though. Russell Brower and Hearthsinger Forresten are two bards with defensive and offensive abilities. Not to mention other characters who could be considered "bard-like" and be "upgraded" to bard status, like what happened to Chen Stormstout.
    Russel Brower is a tribute to WoW’s composer and hearthsinger forresten is a damned soul trapped in stratholme.

Not exactly a bevy of bards to pull from. Necromancers and tinkers are plentiful throughout WoW, on the other hand.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    But Bard also has one thing that Necromancer and Tinker both don't. It won't step on another aspect of the game. Necromancer clashes with Death Knight on a lot of abilities AND you could argue (or is) similar situation with Warlock. And as stated, Tinker does step on Engineer.

Bard could be something new to expand lore in WoW. There is the fan theory that there is another continent on Azeroth we have yet to see and that the "globes" we see are wrong (well, some are confirmed to be wrong as Pandaria does not appear on Northrend globes). There could be a society of beings yet met that are Bards.

Just saying there are ways to add it and given the next expansion has little to no support from established lore, bards are a possibility.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-05-19 at 10:22 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

But Bard also has one thing that Necromancer and Tinker both don't. It won't step on another aspect of the game. Necromancer clashes with Death Knight on a lot of abilities AND you could argue (or is) similar situation with Warlock. And as stated, Tinker does step on Engineer.

Bard could be something new to expand lore in WoW. There is the fan theory that there is another continent on Azeroth we have yet to see and that the "globes" we see are wrong (well, some are confirmed to be wrong as Pandaria does not appear on Northrend globes). There could be a society of beings yet met that are Bards.

Just saying there are ways to add it and given the next expansion has little to no support from established lore, bards are a possibility.
    But bards are gay.

I gotta ask - do we HAVE TO have them? Just because they are a staple in D&D? WoW is not exactly a full on clone of that. I don't feel like they would belong to this universe.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveplay View Post
    But bards are gay.
    Checkmate Lincolnites!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    ...Just that it doesn't exist in the same capacity it does in say dnd or dragon age.
    Sea of Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Sea of Thieves
    Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Why are we just listing pirate games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the Tinker doesn't step on Engineering for 2 reasons;

1. Professions don't compete with classes. Your goal as a class is to perform class roles in single and group content. Your goal with professions is to make items to generate money or give yourself buffs. A Tinker tanking a raid doesn't interfere with an engineer gathering materials to make goggles.

2. As a Tinker, you can still choose engineering as your profession.

Classes DO compete with other classes (i.e. Necros vs DKs). You also can't be two classes at once.

We also shouldn't forget that Bards would in fact steal concepts from existing classes. Warriors have multiple battle shouts, Druids have roars, Priests have Psychic Scream and Hymns, DKs have Horn of Winter, Monks have Song of Chi Ji, etc.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Why are we just listing pirate games?
    Because Sea of Thieves is also a very good example of a game in which the music is awesome and often used by players.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Because Sea of Thieves is also a very good example of a game in which the music is awesome and often used by players.
    Ok thats not really revelent to anything i said unless sea of theives is actually in the Warcraft universe

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Except the Tinker doesn't step on Engineering for 2 reasons;

1. Professions don't compete with classes. Your goal as a class is to perform class roles in single and group content. Your goal with professions is to make items to generate money or give yourself buffs. A Tinker tanking a raid doesn't interfere with an engineer gathering materials to make goggles.

2. As a Tinker, you can still choose engineering as your profession.

Classes DO compete with other classes (i.e. Necros vs DKs). You also can't be two classes at once.

We also shouldn't forget that Bards would in fact steal concepts from existing classes. Warriors have multiple battle shouts, Druids have roars, Priests have Psychic Scream and Hymns, DKs have Horn of Winter, Monks have Song of Chi Ji, etc.
    "Tinker doesn't because I subjectively say so by standards that I believe in without any valid reason other than it is my opinion." Sorry, nope. You can't use lore once place and game play mechanics elsewhere.

Yes, classes have buffs and those buffs have stuff. Or they have attacks with fancy names. It is like saying Priest had Divine Fury at one point ... that totally steals from Warriors. Or because Ret Paladins use two handed swords that is stepping on the toes of warrior. The word you were looking for wasn't would, but "could"
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-05-19 at 01:10 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Ok thats not really revelent to anything i said unless sea of theives is actually in the Warcraft universe
    Didn't you mention DnD and Dragon Age as examples of games with stronger music element??