Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I can somewhat understand that but there is clearly some ideas the community supports far more then others. Broken or eredar would of been far more preferred over lightforged for example.

I get the two are separate subjects in terms of customization but I think that is were a lot of the annoyance stems from. That and the fact that mechagnomes and fat people exist and take up race slots.
    Kul Tirans make sense in that at the very least they give a new bodytype+class options for humans.
    Trashgnomes however are just gnomes with less options in class and transmog opportunity. An absolute waste, even compared to the previous preeminent "pointless" AR, LF Draenei.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So.... the Oribos preview made extensive mention of "Mortals" being in the Shadowlands.

Blizz once again reneging on the idea that only you can leave the Maw? Are randos now able to just take a portal from Stormwind to the plane of Death?

Also pretty much immediately kills the timeskip idea thank god
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Warlock and demon hunter....
    Demon Hunter is a difficult one because Demon Hunters use a lot of extra stuff. Different customization features, meshes, etc. Warlocks.. I mean.. a lot of people would probably understandably be against it, but I think it would be cool if they found a way to make it work in the lore and gave them uniquely those Sargerei skins from HFC.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Demon Hunter is a difficult one because Demon Hunters use a lot of extra stuff. Different customization features, meshes, etc. Warlocks.. I mean.. a lot of people would probably understandably be against it, but I think it would be cool if they found a way to make it work in the lore and gave them uniquely those Sargerei skins from HFC.
    It would be cool but a lot of lore hurdles though. Like using the Toy that lets you turn into a red Sargerei while playing demons hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Kul Tirans make sense in that at the very least they give a new bodytype+class options for humans.
    Trashgnomes however are just gnomes with less options in class and transmog opportunity. An absolute waste, even compared to the previous preeminent "pointless" AR, LF Draenei.
    I just don't really see fat people as a good fit for a allied race. At best make them a body type slider. I can't really imagine a culture less likely to have obese people then the kul tirans they are almost entirely a navel centered culture and fish and boat work do not let you get fat...

I feel that with the exception of void elves and darkiron the allied races were completely wasted for the alliance and even then I feel like you can make a strong argument that darkiron should of been a skin option over a race.

Not that, just that Forsaken, Humans, Blood Elves were three races you could see from miles away being the first on the list to get something beyond just skins, so I'm hoping next build or the one after that, it's another race that isn't one of those three. That's all.

And I mean, Draenei are getting longer tails and probably some better horn styles, that's already a good step. What would you like Draenei to get? It's difficult to really think of a lot of things they could be given.
    Jewelry, tattoos, more face options, facial hair, actual hair, etc. Nothing gamechanging like with UD, but more of the same would still be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So.... the Oribos preview made extensive mention of "Mortals" being in the Shadowlands.

Blizz once again reneging on the idea that only you can leave the Maw? Are randos now able to just take a portal from Stormwind to the plane of Death?

Your character is there. Your character is mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Jewelry, tattoos, more face options, facial hair, actual hair, etc. Nothing gamechanging like with UD, but more of the same would still be good.
    Yeah, I agree.

Personally, I'd probably like to see a bunch of tail options, of course more hair and facial hair options, horns, etc. But also in terms of faces, I'd like to see something more sharp and exotic, a bit Eredar-like, although obviously not thoroughly demonic. I just feel like they could look a bit more alien in the face.

I'd love it if they could separate hairstyles and horns (for males), somehow.

Oh, and maybe light purple eyes as an option.

I just don't really see fat people as a good fit for a allied race. At best make them a body type slider. I can't really imagine a culture less likely to have obese people then the kul tirans they are almost entirely a navel centered culture and fish and boat work do not let you get fat...

I feel that with the exception of void elves and darkiron the allied races were completely wasted for the alliance and even then I feel like you can make a strong argument that darkiron should of been a skin option over a race.
    My view on ARs have prety much always been that unless they bring something new to the table then they are pointless.

Velves essentially briing a new race to Alliance, same with Nightborne.
    Dark iron, LF Draenei, Highmountain Tuaren and Mag'har do not, instead being pretty much the same base race, except with different racials and customization options.
    Kul Tiran and Zandalari meanwhile do bring something. While both the Alliance and Horde already have humans and trolls these ARs do bring something new to the table even without that, new bodytypes and of course class options.

Which leads us to Trashgnomes and Vulpera, the diametric opposite.
    Trashgnomes adds nothing to the Alliance except give diehard gnomes some extra options. Meanwhile Vulpera might as well be a new race entirely, with the fact that they share some animations and riggings with Goblins an afterthought when compared to how different they are from their base race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Holy is Holy. As far as I have seen, there really isn't any changes apart losing BFA borrowed power. Plays still the same as the most basic healer archetype.
    It's kind of like people who ask for DH to be more complex, when it was designed to be simple to play

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    "Simp to the light" got me lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Yeah, recent interview has made it pretty clear that there will be portals opened in Oribos so folks can travel back and forth. Bolvar isn't even going with us in the maw. He gets mentioned as one of the people that'll join us through those portals. But there will be plenty of folks going back and forth. The portal connection is canon.

(And yeah, there will not be a time skip.)

7+ Year Old Account
    And I mean, Draenei are getting longer tails and probably some better horn styles, that's already a good step. What would you like Draenei to get? It's difficult to really think of a lot of things they could be given.
    Just as Blood Elves are getting shorter ears, they should thin out some of the male draenei so they're not all refrigerator bodies!

If we are taking model adjustments, can we take a second to discuss the human male's impossibly swollen forearms? Please Blizzard, it looks like they have a severe infection.

If we are giving model adjustments I demand boob options!

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    If we are taking model adjustments, can we take a second to discuss the human male's impossibly swollen forearms? Please Blizzard, it looks like they have a severe infection.
    I mean, that's just the game's art design. BE males are the only ones with an actually healthy humanoid body, all the rest are either small or various degrees of roid raging brutes with impossible muscles and flesh growth in unlikely places. Thus said BE males being called sissies when 2/3rd of the playable male races look like shaved gorillas.

I just don't really see fat people as a good fit for a allied race. At best make them a body type slider.
    Their main difference is their half-giant status which is canonically due to Kul Tiran exclusive lore. They just also happen to be fat.

It's not a fat human, it's a half-breed Vrykul-Human mix.

It legitimately doesn't matter what the most of the fandom thinks they are if they are wrong. Blizzard has its reasons for mostly hiding the Vrykul connection and I assume it's so that people don't get mad they didn't get sexy muscle Vrykul instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Their main difference is their half-giant status which is canonically due to Kul Tiran exclusive lore. They just also happen to be fat.

It's not a fat human, it's a half-breed Vrykul-Human mix.

It legitimately doesn't matter what the most of the fandom thinks they are if they are wrong. Blizzard has its reasons for mostly hiding the Vrykul connection and I assume it's so that people don't get mad they didn't get sexy muscle Vrykul instead.
    They are not fat though, they ahve the physique of a professional weightlifter, problem si most players cannot easily distinguish someone who is large because he eats McDonalds for breakfast, and the person who is large because he eats 10 steaks in preparation for breaking the deadlift world record.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean, that's just the game's art design. BE males are the only ones with an actually healthy humanoid body, all the rest are either small or various degrees of roid raging brutes with impossible muscles and flesh growth in unlikely places. Thus said BE males being called sissies when 2/3rd of the playable male races look like shaved gorillas.
    Most of the male bodytypes are healthy, what most of them are not though is the kind of body you see outside those who enjoys casual bodybuilding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

By real human standards that is and even then that can be fickle.

Most of the male bodytypes are healthy, what most of them are not though is the kind of body you see outside those who enjoys casual bodybuilding.
    Most real life humans don't come from Giant Vikings
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    As far as they know. And we'd rather keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    By real human standards that is and even then that can be fickle.

Speak for yourself. I assume you have never experienced the agony of being a tall guy in economy seating on a plane.