Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Dont need to do any big changes. Just remove loot drops from lfr. Or have it drop like random items from the hc dungeon loot table.

LFR doesnt warrant getting gear better then hc dungeons anyway.

Shouldnt be part of the gearing process at all.

This way people can still "do it to watch the bosses and such"
    The problem is if you gut LFR even more than it is now (which is already bad as mythic 0s are more lucrative) you'll get even higher queue-timers which will make it worse for the people who actually do them. I don't do LFR myself and haven't done since Legion (and then it was only sometimes for the quest) so I'm not impacted, but if someone genuinely enjoys LFR and its their main activity I don't think they need to get screwed with even longer timers though.

As for 'doing it to watch and learn' it doesn't feel very applicable as half the mechanics are removed in LFR and the ones that are there are not punishing enough to where people will learn them.. unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    The problem is if you gut LFR even more than it is now (which is already bad as mythic 0s are more lucrative) you'll get even higher queue-timers which will make it worse for the people who actually do them. I don't do LFR myself and haven't done since Legion (and then it was only sometimes for the quest) so I'm not impacted, but if someone genuinely enjoys LFR and its their main activity I don't think they need to get screwed with even longer timers though.

As for 'doing it to watch and learn' it doesn't feel very applicable as half the mechanics are removed in LFR and the ones that are there are not punishing enough to where people will learn them.. unfortunately.
    Make it scalable 5-10 players then. Who cares. You are just there to see the bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it scalable 5-10 players then. Who cares. You are just there to see the bosses
    Wait, I thought the reason it existed was to justify Blizzard's investment of resources in raid design. If you are intent on going Tonya Harding on LFR and drive down the participation rate what makes you think that Blizzard wont cut raid development as a result?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Wait, I thought the reason it existed was to justify Blizzard's investment of resources in raid design. If you are intent on going Tonya Harding on LFR and drive down the participation rate what makes you think that Blizzard wont cut raid development as a result?
    What makes you think i care about the participation rate?

I dont care if 99% of people go into lfr. Raids developement doesnt need to be justified by anything other then being wows endgame.

Every game has an end. Most people who buy games dont see it, its still there.

LFR is made to be a sightseeing tour. I'm just advocating exploring that vision further.

10+ Year Old Account

I dont care if 99% of people go into lfr. Raids developement doesnt need to be justified by anything other then being wows endgame.

LFR is made to be a sightseeing tour. I'm just advocating exploring that vision further.
    I see, and here I was understanding that according to Blizzard LFR's reason for existing was to justify the expense of raid design, thank you for clearing up that myth for me.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I see, and here I was understanding that according to Blizzard LFR's reason for existing was to justify the expense of raid design, thank you for clearing up that myth for me.
    I'm not talking on behalf of blizzard. Not sure what makes you think that

What makes you think anyone cares what you care about?

Blizzard is making the decisions here, and Blizzard clearly cares about participation rates. That you don't care doesn't matter to anyone but yourself.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    What makes you think anyone cares what you care about?

Blizzard is making the decisions here, and Blizzard clearly cares about participation rates. That you don't care doesn't matter to anyone but yourself.
    not sure why you think you need to whiteknight someone.

, thank you for clearing up that myth for me.
    This is what i was responding to. I wasnt responding to you.

If you cant take people having opinions, then a forum is probably to volatile a place for your delicate flower personality

Edit:

I heard twitch is becoming a sjw safe zone. Might be of interest
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-05-24 at 06:27 PM.

not sure why you think you need to whiteknight someone.
    Just demonstrating that your forum solipsism is self-destroying.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Just demonstrating that your forum solipsism is self-destroying.
    I've got popcorn here.
    I've opened up wikipedia.

I'm about to watch this man ruin his whole career trying to argue why what he just said makes any sense whatsoever.

aaaaaaaaaaand
    gogoogogogogo

I've got popcorn here.
    I've opened up wikipedia.

I'm about to watch this man ruin his whole career trying to argue why what he just said makes any sense whatsoever.

aaaaaaaaaaand
    gogoogogogogo
    If nothing matters but our own personal preferences, what is the point discussion on a forum? We'd be the equivalent of dogs barking at other, making noise but meaning nothing.

If nothing matters but our own personal preferences, what is the point discussion on a forum? We'd be the equivalent of dogs barking at other, making noise but meaning nothing.
    Whoever said nothing matters but our own personal preferences?

Whats with all the jumping to conclusions you are doing?

Do you mind trying to argue some of the points you are making?

Blizzard cares about participation rates.

If you're making arguments that assume they don't, you're starting from a position of untenability.

LFR exists because the cost of developing raids was not viable for the number of people participating in them prior to its inception. People aren't just there to see bosses; even casuals want some form of character progression.

If you don't want to LFR, don't click the little button that says join queue. Your problem, is solved.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2020-05-24 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Blizzard cares about participation rates.

If you're making arguments that assume they don't, you're starting from a position of untenability.
    Ah....

If you're making arguments that assume they don't,
    where you getting this from?

Edit:

Literally whats wrong with people and their assumptions right now lol.

Ah....

where you getting this from?

Edit:

Literally whats wrong with people and their assumptions right now lol.
    The words that you type imply that position. If you don't hold that position, don't type words that imply that you do.

Whoever said nothing matters but our own personal preferences?
    You stated you didn't care what Blizzard's preferences were. I assume there's nothing special about that, so you don't care what my preferences are either.

In which case, what are you even doing here? Are you assuming we should care what you want, even though you don't care what we want? Your mere presence here shows you don't actually believe your own nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    The words that you type imply that position. If you don't hold that position, don't type words that imply that you do.
    Yeah you are going to need to be specific here. Sorry. Cus it aint true bro

- - - Updated - - -

You stated you didn't care what Blizzard's preferences were. I assume there's nothing special about that, so you don't care what my preferences are either.

In which case, what are you even doing here? Are you assuming we should care what you want, even though you don't care what we want? Your mere presence here shows you don't actually believe your own nonsense.
    eh

You stated you didn't care what Blizzard's preferences were.
    Where did i do this?

where did i do this?
    You asked the rhetorical question "why should I care about the participation rate"?

Do basically some people that are paying for the game will have to wait 3-4-5 months to see obsolete raid content. I have a better idea, when new expansion comes open then previous raids to lfr...

You asked the rhetorical question "why should I care about the participation rate"?
    Its a really bad fallacy to misquote people. Its actually one of the worst.

This is the quote you are looking for. And once again, before you make that fallacy - which i know you would, me saying why should i care, does not mean i dont care.

I was asking the question because you implied i did care, out of nowhere.