Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    AHHhhh, very funny So the person i was quoting was being unreasonable.

Got it Thanks
    Where's your current tier mythic gear, though?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    there isn't a compromise here, transmog exists, they don't want it to exist. thats not happening and nothing between the current place and there place is going to happen. as such there is no debate, because debating something that's never going to happen is pointless.
    Not to mention they don’t give actual evidence to support the removal of Transmog.

Not one of them have provided legit research/interviews of players who have quit and have stated that transmog and it’s existence is what made them quit or part of the reason they quit WoW.

Also, it would have to be 1000s of interviews to begin to hold any merit.

@Monster Hunter @Yarathir

Show us your Mythic current raid tier sets.

Whats the problem? Anything wrong? I dont get it...
    --- snip ---

they will auto delete in an hr
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-05-26 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is something that should be talked about more frequently - now that desirable gear can be obtained from so, so many different sources (depending on your chosen path in the game), people would look absolutely ridiculous, as they might have a few bits from a raid, a couple from 5mans, something from a WQ, and a crafted item. The way they theme their sets now would make things worse as well, imo.
    I'd venture to say it's already like that even in Classic. Take Paladins, for example- their tier 2 set from BWL is to this day one of the most popular in the game, for good reason as it looks amazing. Then pull up a BiS tier list for Holy Paladins (IE the only ones who will ever have a chance to get a good amount of gear from BWL) and marvel at the fact that it's mostly a mish-mash of cloth and leather, with a few plate pieces and none from said awesome looking set that supposedly marks you out as the coolest of the cool. Same for Warriors and Warlocks from what I've seen, until Tier 3 at least which is a ways off.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Not to mention they don’t give actual evidence to support the removal of Transmog.

Not one of them have provided legit research/interviews of players who have quit and have stated that transmog and it’s existence is what made them quit or part of the reason they quit WoW.

It's usuallly "my feeling of wonder", which died way before transmog and for a bunch of different reasons.

So in the end.. do we give players around the world far more customization and the freedom to make their character look like they want them to look (within reason), or do we cater to the ego of a few stragglers with a classic mentality that really aren't half as good as they believe they are?

The answer is easy to me.

Jesus. I don't get why people apparently care about what other people's characters look like...

I can't remember the last time that I intentionally looked at someone else's character except in world PvP. In that case, looking at their health bar is a faster and more accurate way of knowing their gear level than the old way of looking at their craptastic mishmash of T1/T2 gear anyways.

If you want to circle-jerk with your friends about how you have current Mythic gear then go for it. You shouldn't need strangers to give you a reach around in order to feel validated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post an image of you with a full current Mythic Gear Raid set.

Let me guess...you NEVER managed to do this in your entire life.

And no, im pretty sure im not wrong. Don go to photoshop and "show proof".

See THIS is the real issue. People who clearly don't do any high end content claiming they can clear everything with minimal effort. You are the problem, you are setting the bar on the ground, jumping over it, and saying "I have completed high jump, it's easy" while behind you others raise the bar higher and higher, pushing themselves harder until they reach their goal, and are rewarded

Count that as my opinion as well.

Here's my screenshot, move your goalpost m8, I'm waiting.

It will only have gone too far once we can finally hide pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... all this debate made me realize that:

-We need an option that just remove transmog for the player, basically that make you unable to use transmog and show everyone else without transmog even if they do have full transmog on, that way both sides of the coin can be happy, and, even though IMHO, Transmog is the best thing they added to WOW, i would like to check out how most players normally actually look right now.
    I'd want this too just so the people who "turn off" transmog realize how few people would actually have full raid sets. Then they can bitch about how M+ is ruining the game because the best gear doesn't always come from raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tmog hasn't gone far enough. They should add more cosmetic gear to the game.

Also, no one cares if your toon is a special snowflake, never did and never will. I can be a 120 looking like a level 2 scrub, or a level 2 scrub looking like I cleared Blackwing Lair.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    [pic]
    Unrelated, but the mythic cloth and plate sets are unironically great.

(I do like the Old God aesthetic, though)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed I forgot to put the set boots on.

Was i quoting you @Gaidax ?

IMO i think it was wrong sharing that particular opinion just because "someone doesnt do Mythic raiding".
    Ever heard the experession "8 or 80" ?

Just becaise "i" or the poster he was quoting doesnt do Mythic raiding he is "lowering the bar" of the entire game now?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-05-26 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

IMO i think it was wrong sharing that particular opinion just because "someone doesnt do Mythic raiding".
    That opinion is spot on - you shitters can pout all you like but the rewards are there if you have the skill to go and grab them.

I do that with 2 nights per week for many years now with my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

They can't even articulate why it's bad for the game without inventing a new Olympic sport in reaching that gets easily debunked every time.

They can't even articulate why it's bad for the game without inventing a new Olympic sport in reaching that gets easily debunked every time.
    It's bad cause they can't sit in SW/Org and be worshipped because the were wearing tier sets. Now that everyone can wear them they're not special anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's basically same cancer posters all over again.

It's the same thing all the time - make up some shit to be outraged about, push how "THIS IS IT BOYS THIS IS WHAT DESTROYED WOW" - by this moment you will have a small chorus of weirdos rushing in to cheer on that - you know those several guys in these forums who simply can't let go and instead shit on everything about WoW, add some reaching and logic leaps, sprinkle some "Classic" and "Muh ArrPeeGee" on top of it and you have yet another MMO-C flamefest thread par the course.

Nothing to do about it really. WoW always had these salty people who hound forums for years spreading their cancer regardless of what topic is about and how objective their opinions are.

So someone started thread about how Transmog gone too far, that shit got spun out first page to literal THE PROBLEM of WoW, the death knell of RPG, if you will. And of course you had resident shitposters jumping in on it, trying to hype that idiocy to high heaven. Because apparently transmog is a violation of their human rights and is akin to spreading Coronavirus by running around without mask.

I mean... really.

---

Frankly I'm shocked we still did not get this Activision and investors card pulled out yet... or did we?
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-05-26 at 08:39 PM.

Ever heard the experession "8 or 80" ?

Just becaise "i" or the poster he was quoting doesnt do Mythic raiding he is "lowering the bar" of the entire game now?
    It's called "the right to hold an opinion"

In science it's a legit thing, its used to quick parse out opinions from un qualified sources nit worth debating or considering.

Some one who hasn't done half of the game, the difficult half would fall into unqualified to hold an opinion on the games difficulty or content for people who do do that difficulty.

That dosnt stop you sharing your opinion ofc, what it does prevent is any one taking you seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    It's bad cause they can't sit in SW/Org and be worshipped because the were wearing tier sets. Now that everyone can wear them they're not special anymore.
    Yea and 99 % of the time, they only had a couple bits, they wernt even bis which is why that got them and they were carried to fill the spots.

With all the innuendo references and literal shit quests in the game, they decided to take the swinging dick off the Waist of Time. They don't even know what they're doing with the game anymore.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    With all the innuendo references and literal shit quests in the game, they decided to take the swinging dick off the Waist of Time. They don't even know what they're doing with the game anymore.
    now that's something to legitimately be outraged about!.