10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    That doesn't mean that the violent option was ever optimal and necessary to achieve that result. Anything that can be accomplished through force could've been accomplished better by consent.
    Yep, sucks about all those racists who made violence necessary by refusing to consent.

The problem with the Civil War was that Reconstruction ended too early, not that it happened at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Getting yourself killed because you were stupid is hardly worth calling a sacrifice. Change would have come without them dying.
    nah fam. If it may have happened, it would have taken a lot longer. Sudden shocks like deaths tend to change things faster. Asking minorities to "just wait" is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    nah fam. If it may have happened, it would have taken a lot longer. Sudden shocks like deaths tend to change things faster. Asking minorities to "just wait" is bullshit.
    This. Asking opressed groups (minorities, the poor, sexual minorities) to just wait and change things slowly, while still being opressed, attacked and killed is just evil.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony in someone from South Korea insisting that people should behave more like model minorities.

As if the idea of a model minority isn't inherently racist, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    This. Asking opressed groups (minorities, the poor, sexual minorities) to just wait and change things slowly, while still being opressed, attacked and killed is just evil.
    Freighter's comfort is worth more than their lives, don't you know?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Asking minorities to "just wait" is bullshit.
    Why? If there would be riots by minorities here wanting change, it would piss off Koreans, like, really piss us off. They'd spoil any chance they had of change if they started rioting.

I don't know anyone who would think it's just fine that they'd be rioting and smashing peoples stuff.

I can only imagine people feel the same in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? If there would be riots by minorities here wanting change, it would piss off Koreans, like, really piss us off. They'd spoil any chances they had of change if they started rioting.

I don't know anyone who would think it's just fine that they'd be rioting and smashing peoples stuff.

I can only imagine people feel the same in the US.
    I mean, that sounds more like your society prefers oppression rather than change. Which, suit yourself but your opinion is meaningless, given America functions very differently.

Values are kinda wack if you prefer minority opression over discomfort.

and no, its not the same here. The only difference is politicla beliefs, given even conservatives would be ok with apparantly fucking up any government oppression (see, Bundys and general y'all Queda shit, luls). Its also the basis of how our nation formed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? If there would be riots by minorities here wanting change, it would piss off Koreans, like, really piss us off. They'd spoil any chances they had of change if they started rioting.
    "People only deserve rights if they behave in a manner I find acceptable".

Speaking as a well off white dude in the US?

My feelings on this situation is that I'm mad as fuck, and if the officer responsible does not spend his life in Gen Pop or, worse, is pardoned? Riot away and salt the earth so no police station will ever grow again.

This is something that you don't get as well, sweetie: I may be a white ass dude, but calling the police in response to an incident still makes me statistically less safe.

Because this is America.

Getting yourself killed because you were stupid is hardly worth calling a sacrifice. Change would have come without them dying.
    Arguing for change happening without people dying is quite literally impossible as the protests are because people are dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Arguing for change happening without people dying is quite literally impossible as the protests are because people are dying.
    Try to keep up with what's being talked about.

Fuck off with this better than thou bullshit. Try not to argue in favor of oppressing people because you got yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone was lynched by police on camera, hun.

That's what we are talking about, ultimately. Not your fee fees.

Fuck off with this better than thou bullshit. Try not to argue in favor of oppressing people because you got yours.
    Cracking down on violent riots isn't oppressing people.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Pretty bad beating on that old lady. I don't recommend checking the replies because they are actively cheering on it and going full on she deserves it because she was white or some shit like that
    She took a knife, to the Target, and started stabbing black looters. She was nice enough to let the white looters walk past her, though. There's multiple shots of her with a knife in her hand.

Also, she's not disabled, she walks, she just chose to use the rascal for.......comfort? Better angle for stabbing? Who the fuck knows.

Cracking down on violent riots isn't oppressing people.
    Murdering people because they're black is oppressing them. Stop pretending to be stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    She took a knife, to the Target, and started stabbing black looters. She was nice enough to let the white looters walk past her, though. There's multiple shots of her with a knife in her hand.

Also, she's not disabled, she walks, she just chose to use the rascal for.......comfort? Better angle for stabbing? Who the fuck knows.
    Don't make fun of her, it takes a lot of sitting down to quality for Trump's Bariatric Scooter Brigade.

Murdering people because they're black is oppressing them. Stop pretending to be stupid.
    The US isn't doing that though. Some racists have done that. Pretty absurd to call the actions of some people, which aren't based on any policy, oppression.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US isn't doing that though. Some racists have done that. Pretty absurd to call the actions of some people, which aren't based on any policy, oppression.
    when the racists are part of the government (cops), its a big problem.

or when the government is ok with private citizens doing the oppression.

They are members of the government.

It's not the first time.

It won't be the last.

7+ Year Old Account
    Given authoritarians, or empires, do not like giving up power, how do you suppose independence is gotten form those people without some form of violence?
    The best way to obtain independence is through non-violent problem solving between the parties. Violence is never necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    The best way to obtain independence is through non-violent problem solving. Violence is never necessary.
    Im...what? Im struggling to think of one country where what you are saying is true.