Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    News flash...hundreds (if not thousands) of violent protesters in front of your house is dangerous as hell and represents a real threat...unless of course one happens to live in some kind of incredibly twisted alternate reality.
    Not the first time thousands of protesters showed up outside the White House, even with isolated incidents of violence, won't be the last.

The White House is one of the most secure locations in the world, and protesters remained outside the gates at all times. Had the protesters reached White House grounds, I'd be in 100% agreement. But they weren't, and the White House grounds remained secure with no incidents of significance I've seen thus far.

Still waiting on confirmation those SS officers were injured protecting the president, as you have repeatedly implied, and not in carrying out the myriad other duties the SS undertakes beyond providing personal protection for POTUS, the First Family, and other high-ranking government officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    That is exactly my point. Trump isn't a position he can win on his coronavirus response. Even his base is frustrated, because Trump is telling them it is a hoax, and hundreds of thousands are dying at the same time. GOP governors are left in their weird position of applauding people for violating the orders that they put in place themselves, check out Greg Abbot for a perfect example of conflicted governance.

So Trump is going to Trump. And what Trump does is change the subject. He is going to re-frame the narrative to racial unrest, and convince his base they have to vote for him to stop all those violent minorities from displacing their position. There are a LOT of that kind of racist to appeal too out there. It isn't the hood wearing dudes with swastika tattoos that are the target audience here, it is the white suburban moms that call the police when they see a black man jogging through their neighborhood. The "I am not racist, but" crowd. Just as racist, just as scared, and there are an awful lot of those people.
    Absolutely, but 1) racists who support Trump are always going to support Trump so there's no real change there and 2) COVID-19 isn't going away before the elections. In fact there's a good chance there will be a resurgence in the fall.

The people who are backing away from him now aren't doing so because he's not being racist enough. They're doing so because they see how he's escalating the problems rather than defusing them. Trump has tried 3 times in the past week to change the subject and each time he does he's either teetering on the edge of a Constitutional crisis or he's fanning the flames of unrest.

Again, I'm not saying he's not going to get reelected, because there is a never-ending supply of fucking stupid in America, but his support has been eroding ever since he took office in ways that aren't reflected in polls but are coming to a head in the past month or so. I also fully expect him to try to change the subject or shift the blame as he's done the past 3 years, but lately it seems it's not as effective a strategy as it used to be for him.

This has been floating around reddit/twitter for the past day or so...

10+ Year Old Account
    News flash...hundreds (if not thousands) of violent protesters in front of your house is dangerous as hell and represents a real threat...unless of course one happens to live in some kind of incredibly twisted alternate reality.
    Maybe the "best negotiator in the world" should go outside and "DO SOMETHING" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Also, it should be noted that the real reason that Trump is so happy about the Texas Supreme Court enabling voter suppression blocking mail-in-ballot expansion in Texas, is likely due to recent polling in the Lone Star state:

Texas isn't a guarantee for the GOP this time around, and those 38 EC votes are a must-win for Trump and he knows it.
    Texas will get worse for him this year. Texas urban areas voted overwhelmingly Democract in 2018. The one thing that saved the GOP in Texas was the rural voters. However, Texas rural population has been in steady decline for decades. Except for the oil counties where the population increased driven by the oil boom. The boom is over. Judging by the previous five oil crashes, and this crash is worse than the previous five, by the end of this year the towns in these counties will have turned into ghost towns until the next oil boom. Depriving the GOP of much needed voters in this year election. This will hold true for any oil states like TX, AL, OK, LA, KS and NM. My bet is that TX election will be very close in November. The GOP still has the election infrastructure advantage. Although, Democrat did a good job of building their own election infrastructure in 2018. The advantage is not quite as large as it used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I have not seen Trump mocking “can’t breath”... that needs to be shown more.

- - - Updated - - -

... or the White House, with both cops and secret service at the entrance. What alternative reality, is my house, the White House?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Fucking post it everywhere, put it on every TV screen in America.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Fucking post it everywhere, put it on every TV screen in America.
    Wow - that is fantastic.

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status...13356853919744

"Now that we clearly see Antifa as terrorists, can we hunt them down like we do those in the Middle East?"
    yikes
    even if you disagree with antifa and antifa tacticts
    comparing them to isis or al qada is completely unfounded
    Looting a target is not equal to what isis does, yes looting is illegal and people that do it should be arrested, but terrorist murder people and open fire in crowded areas, like the 32 diffferent instances of right wingers doing and cheering it on at 8chan with NO classification of terrorism
    I feel like hes testing twittter, twitter will remove this tweet then he will say "twitter is censoring conservatives!"
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-06-01 at 07:03 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Really hard hitting. And this isn't the Lincoln group, right? Another group coming out. And the DNC hasn't even started yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe this is from before he was President, but am not sure what this is in reference to. Does anyone know what or who Trump is mocking here:

@Dacien we don’t watch the same news, so perhaps you know what this is from?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-01 at 07:07 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Probably because everything is out of context as usual. Then again people on this forum actually believe someone with Alzheimer's is going to win big in November.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Probably because everything is out of context as usual. Then again people on this forum actually believe someone with Alzheimer's is going to win big in November.
    I don’t know, Trump’s numbers don’t look good. Poor guy couldn’t even remember what he did in February and March, in April... Did you see what his written statement was in Muller investigation? He had infinite time to remember, but still answer a lot of questions with not remembering.

10+ Year Old Account
    The him mocking in can't breathe, November is far away but i got a feeling this is going to stick around.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just take the Secret Service at their word, does that make me crazy?
    The context of the situation is stone-cold obvious imo. Trump wasn't in immediate danger...but was moved to the bunker as a precaution due to an extremely dangerous situation developing a few hundred feet away. To frame this as Trump not being in 'imminent' danger is one thing (and this is what the Secret Service likely meant in their statement imo)...but to frame a rapidly escalating situation involving a large, violent mob nearby as somehow being no danger to the President is quite another. Obviously, the President wouldn't have been moved to the bunker unless the situation was indeed dangerous.

Anyway, I'm done beating this dead horse. People believe what they want to believe...and disregard the rest.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Are you talking about Trump, or Biden here?
    I guessed Trump, due to thread title... or maybe I guessed Biden and then was sarcastic... the world may never know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Looks like he's stood at a podium with the presidential seal on it.
    That’s what I get for trusting YouTube comments. This wasn’t Erik Garner... was it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The him mocking in can't breathe, November is far away but i got a feeling this is going to stick around.
    Using their tactics against them put shit on repeat , even if it isn’t true or out of context, to make other side look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status...13356853919744

"Now that we clearly see Antifa as terrorists, can we hunt them down like we do those in the Middle East?"
    yikes
    even if you disagree with antifa and antifa tacticts
    comparing them to isis or al qada is completely unfounded
    Looting a target is not equal to what isis does, yes looting is illegal and people that do it should be arrested, but terrorist murder people and open fire in crowded areas, like the 32 diffferent instances of right wingers doing and cheering it on at 8chan with NO classification of terrorism
    I feel like hes testing twittter, twitter will remove this tweet then he will say "twitter is censoring conservatives!"
    Been saying for a while: A great many in the Republican party seem to have a murder-boner for their fellow Americans.

I'm all for just tossing the lot of them onto an island, telling them that everyone else on the island is a leftist and they're the only good conservative, and letting them satisfy their bloodlust against their fellow Americans on each other.

This isn't just some fuckin whacko who listens to Infowars, this is an elected Republican to the House of Representatives of the United States of America "musing" on whether or not he can hunt down and murder Americans, most of whose worst crime might be some property destruction.

And people wonder why people call conservatives god-damned fucking nutjobs? This shit. This shit right here. And it's not the only place we're explicitly or implicitly hearing this sentiment from people of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    The context of the situation is stone-cold obvious imo. Trump wasn't in immediate danger...but was moved to the bunker as a precaution due to an extremely dangerous situation developing a few hundred feet away. To frame this as Trump not being in 'imminent' danger is one thing (and this is what the Secret Service likely meant in their statement imo)...but to frame a rapidly escalating situation involving a large, violent mob nearby as somehow being no danger to the President is quite another. Obviously, the President wouldn't have been moved to the bunker unless the situation was indeed dangerous.

Anyway, I'm done beating this dead horse. People believe what they want to believe...and disregard the rest.
    No, the injuries to secret service you brought up, even ended before Trump went into a bunker. No president, not during the 60 or Rodney King, hid in a bunker, instead of trying to smooth the nation. No president has hid in a bunker, blaming his political rivals and calling governors weak... as he shrivels in a bunker with his iPhone in his tiny little hands...

10+ Year Old Account

Truth hits DocSavageFan for 9000, shield of projection absorbs for 4000, 2020 overkill.

See you next raid night!