Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily mind, but I think that demon hunters and druids would prove an obstacle specifically.
    It doesn't have to be something they do at once, just like they've added/opened up more class combos over time. The end-goal can be 'no class/race restrictions' but the path toward it can be taken in many steps.

I'd personally like a high elf pally. Though, my fave models at the moment are the Zandalari for that class.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutally Honest View Post
    They are either Void Elves or High Elves. They can't be both.
    Void Elves aren't a "real" race though. Just like Lightforged and Mechagnomes.

With High Elf (ren'dorei) paladin, we can finalyl live out the full DnD fantasy in WoW!!

I think that a race whose very being is suffused with the Void should never be able to wield the Light.

But then, Blizzard already made weird decisions in the race/class department, as far back as allowing draenei deathknights who were nowhere near the planet when the events in the deathknight starting zone happened.

Let’s start with a Night Elf paladin combo, shall we? I mean, it’s been in the game since the start of Legion. As a paladin, you get a Night Elf paladin follower during youR class hall campaign. He is of the bodyguard variety - I’ve quested with the guy for years!

Then, we should discuss Gnome paladins. Since Gnome priests were introduced, paladins at 5 feet have been waiting, patiently. But no more! Release these warriors of the Light! They are small, but they shine so brightly.

Make it so, Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    Let’s start with a Night Elf paladin combo, shall we? I mean, it’s been in the game since the start of Legion. As a paladin, you get a Night Elf paladin follower during youR class hall campaign. He is of the bodyguard variety - I’ve quested with the guy for years!
    Not just the bodyguard which is obtained in the Broken Shore extended class campaign, but the original paladin class campaign has you converting a Night Elf priestess to a paladin, essentially showing that Night Elves are perfectly capable of becoming paladins.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Armor View Post
    Void Elves are finally able to become high elves, elves also have a connection to light, like Paladins
    -> void elf paladin needs to happen if and dark iron paladins are a thing already

Zandalari need to be warlocks and the scales are evened out.
    The funny thing about Zandalari Locks is that Blizzard originally planned to add them, but due to popular demand they got rid of them and instead added Zandalari Paladins.

TBH Void Elf Paladins should be a thing and they really do make sense, since all VElfs are just High and Blood Elfs... so a blood knight or so changing his mind and then embracing the void isn't too crazy IMO, at least not as crazy as Zandalari Paladins are.

10+ Year Old Account
    If lore is an objection to have certain class/race combinations, shouldn't Tauren be unable to become Shadow Priests? Honest question.

On topic; I was ready to racechange my Warlock into Zandalari when they first showed screenshots of them. Will still do it if it ever becomes an option!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They neither realy fit, so no for me.

I know both lore and new lore needs to be created to make specially void elves plausible.., afther Alleria showing that it's impossible to even get close to the holy font, paladins make zero sense.

Zandalari warlock.. yea well there could be couple in lore, but honestly why would you care? follow the zandalar story and what they are about, you will discover that warlocks have no real purpose in their empire. I mean was Yazma a warlock? if she was then there is even less reason to teach others.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-06-05 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post

Then, we should discuss Gnome paladins. Since Gnome priests were introduced, paladins at 5 feet have been waiting, patiently. But no more! Release these warriors of the Light! They are small, but they shine so brightly.

Make it so, Blizzard.
    Your comment sounds sarcastic (or maybe not)... but either way, Gnome Paladins should definitely be a thing though. I am sure that they were always following the Light the same way dwarfs and humans did and are members of the Argent Dawn and formerly Silver Hand and Scarlet Crusade. So there absolutely are Gnome Paladins lorewise already.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The funny thing about Zandalari Locks is that Blizzard originally planned to add them, but due to popular demand they got rid of them and instead added Zandalari Paladins.

TBH Void Elf Paladins should be a thing and they really do make sense, since all VElfs are just High and Blood Elfs... so a blood knight or so changing his mind and then embracing the void isn't too crazy IMO, at least not as crazy as Zandalari Paladins are.
    Zandalari Prelates have existed since classic Zul'Gurub, so they're less farfetched than even Tauren Sunwalkers. The light and the void are also in direct opposition to one another, so the fact that void elves can be priests is owed entirely to fact that shadow exists as a spec that primarily utilized void magic. That's no different than undead priests who canonically only exist as shadow priests using shadow magic (at least that was the case until Legion).
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Void elf paladin.. even the name doesn't make sense lol. Who came up with this weird ass idea that void elf paladins make sense what soever? haha wasn't that 1 guy in general chat with a unicorn avatar asking for it? XD
    We all know they can be priests, purely because gameplay reasons and shadow priest makes the most sense for that race, but cmon.. some things seem realy farfetched.. high elf fans once again take it to far. I am gonna write 5 new threads, because I SHALL GET MY HIGH ELF PALADIN.. is getting realy annoying. Void is literal the opposit, I can't even.. this is just dumb sorry;/

You clearly don't know the lore, prelates have been around for a long time.. why would this need even more explanation. prelates aren't a bfa thing realy.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-06-05 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    I mean, sure. I honestly think class/race restrictions are pointless to begin with when you've got LF Shadow priests, VElf Holy priests, etc.
    the most silly restriction was probably no human hunter

also i kinda dont get why some classes can be warrior and priest but not paladin,like brown orcs
    Last edited by deenman; 2020-06-05 at 10:03 AM.

Give me these demoniacs now.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    D&D stopped having race class restriction with 3e, two decades ago
    Not to stray too far off-topic, but if memory serves, Dwarven Defenders and Arcane Archers were still a thing in 3e / 3.5e, and they had race restrictions.

15+ Year Old Account
    VE Paladin, and like the Warlock Black Harvest scenario you can earn purple instead of golden spells.
    Whaaat!!!?!! Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Void elf paladin.. even the name doesn't make sense lol. Who came up with this weird ass idea that void elf paladins make sense what soever? haha wasn't that 1 guy in general chat with a unicorn avatar asking for it? XD
    We all know they can be priests, purely because gameplay reasons and shadow priest makes the most sense for that race, but cmon.. some things seem realy farfetched.. high elf fans once again take it to far. I am gonna write 5 new threads, because I SHALL GET MY HIGH ELF PALADIN.. is getting realy annoying. Void is literal the opposit, I can't even.. this is just dumb sorry;/

You clearly don't know the lore, prelates have been around for a long time.. why would this need even more explanation. prelates aren't a bfa thing realy.
    Is it intentional that you sound super triggered, wth? Reads like that navy seals copy pasta.

Also yeah can people stop saying that shit about prelates being paladins... it's getting really dumb.

3+ Year Old Account
    Why can Vulpera be Warlocks but not Zandalari? As far as I know there's no demons on Zandalar, and it doesn't make any sense for why a nomadic fox race can summon demons.

Now for Zandalari, just say they're Bwonsamdi worshippers who consume souls for power/are Necromancers. In fact, they technically already exist: Demoniacs!

(though Blizzard might've just retconned them out)
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also yeah can people stop saying that shit about prelates being paladins... it's getting really dumb.
    Are you for real? I mean whats the point explaining, when you don't even know the lore :s

*thinks prelates never were a thing
    * thinks that void elves quite the opposite of the light, need to be paladins for some unknown reason.
    *think zandalari warlocks were not added due to popular demand

Paladins were planned, warlocks were just an extra option, they just ditched warlocks, because lore reasons.. it was explained nothing else. this was for once a good move towards the lore. No one ever said anything about popular demand or what ever that means, I mean honestly man.. none of what you are saying is making any sense.. or is true.

second part to your suggestion is just.. weird and I can't believe you actually are serious here.

I would suggest stop spreading wrong information.
    Is it intentional that you sound super triggered, wth? Reads like that navy seals copy pasta.
    I don't even know what to say to this? are you 12?

The main question is are you okey?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-06-05 at 12:04 PM.