Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Sadly this was expected from the hollow corpse that is activision blizzard, all they had to do was blame corona and they picked this.
    everything was ready my dude, they didnt cancel this cause they wernt ready, they cancelled it outta respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I don't really know how to feel about this.

On one hand, I would absolutely love for the world at large to turn its eye on this issue. The more people and entities who are behind this cause, the greater the chance that we could actually see significant reform of both society and the justice system. I want society to shake. I want as many people as possible to see this issue, to feel uncomfortable with it, to talk about it, learn about it, and resolve to do something about it.

On the other hand, I can't say with confidence that this is really the right thing for Blizzard to do. It's really crazy what's going on in the news, in the world, and online right now. The voices of people of color who have been and are being abused by the justice system are important voices that need to be heard, no doubt. And personally, I have no issue with waiting a little longer to hear more info about Shadowlands. I was already invested in what's going on right now, and probably wouldn't even have known this was a thing that was going to happen if they hadn't told us it was gonna be postponed. But this just seems like the kind of thing that sparks more outrage than it does sparks attention. A big fundraiser campaign, with rewards for players as an incentive to lend support to this case and to this issue, or just the public statement on what's going on, regardless of how it was received, both seem like much better and much more productive ways of putting this in our faces and forcing us to see it and think about it.

"Fuck you, look outside." is just... I dunno, I don't like that approach. I don't mind it, but... it just seems like the kind of thing that's going to upset more people than it galvanizes. It just seems really heavyhanded in a really sloppy way.

But on another hand, if this went up on Twitch right now while everything was going on, then Twitch chat could've easily devolved into a toxic cesspoll of fighting and debate about an issue not pertaining to their content, and ultimately, Blizzard gains nothing. Even if they had an army of mods keeping the issue from flooding the chat, it's still ultimately small potatoes from a publicity angle, and so pushing this back to a point where it wouldn't seem like Blizzard was trying to hold up a candle in a forest fire makes some kind of sense...?

I guess ultimately, the brains at Blizzard decided that in the matter of this announcement stream, they would ultimately gain more attention on what they really need people to look at by holding it off for a later time. Which raises the question of do they really care about pointing our attention to the issues on the world stage right now?

I dunno, my thoughts are just pouring out onto my keyboard at this point. All in all, this isn't bothersome to me. It's just... concerning. And the saddening, hateful comments and discourse in this thread alone in response to the matter is the main reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Well, maybe we'll have a higher chance of getting a polished product, instead of something riddled with bugs? And when beta comes out, the game should be a bit better right?
    This is Blizzard we're talking about... you get bugs and exploits reported for months in the Alpha/Beta that exist still in Release, and still do...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-06-05 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    everything was ready my dude, they didnt cancel this cause they wernt ready, they cancelled it outta respect.
    Not to mention the look if other companies had cancelled their shit out of respect for the protests, but Blizzard would've lied by blaming Corona... Corona, which didn't stop them from launching Alpha content just fine. Ergo, they didn't cancel because they're not ready, they cancelled like other companies, due to the protests. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

But these people simply do not think through what they get angery about.

Blizzard gets to make their own decisions. It is weird how everyone analyzes them so carefully, especially when so many places are permanently closed due to destruction or COVID-19 economics. Let Blizzard make the best decision that they feel is for them, regardless of reasoning, and move on. When you critically analyze these decisions to formulate a conspiracy theory, I think this becomes more about YOU than Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    This is Blizzard we're talking about... you get bugs and exploits reported for months in the Alpha/Beta that exist still in Release, and still do...
    There are visual bugs that have lingered since WOTLK.

Petty thing to notice perhaps, but I do...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    In before people cry about Blizzard either A. Virtue signalling B. How they handled the Hong Kong incident or C. Think this is an excuse because what they wanted to show isn't ready.

Whatever their "true" reasoning, this is a good move and a net positive for everyone
    They are absolutely virtue signalling (and it's 100% hypocritical because of Hong Kong, though not as bad as Disney). None of what is happening right now is relevant to Floyd in the slightest, and even then Floyd's death showed an issue with training of the police. It isn't a race issue whatsoever like the morons on the streets make it out to be.

It's a good move in the way that it serves the purpose of people going "See! Blizzard cares! Yea corporation!"

I highly doubt it's an excuse, they are simply trying to virtue signal. Props on them for waiting 6 days to a week before saying anything like every other brand! Had to make sure the social tide was in favor of doing so to get them brownie points.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    One unexpected source of joy in all of this is to see all the Gamers™ lose their minds because almost all of the gaming industry is showing soliarity with the protesters.
    - Dare not to sleep -

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cheap PR move for sake of easy earned PR AND to give more time to prepare for stream.
    Its pretty obvious that something went wrong, since the stream date was announced two days after Floyd incident.
    Cheap PR move because they only decided to make it after it became a mainstream.

Virtue signalling for earning woke points. Can't blame them after all the shit they are getting. But in a time where everyone is busy hating each other I would love to have some good news about my favorite game instead.

Quote Originally Posted by harbour View Post
    cheap pr move for sake of easy earned pr and to give more time to prepare for stream.
    Its pretty obvious that something went wrong, since the stream date was announced two days after floyd incident.
    Cheap pr move because they only decided to make it after it became a mainstream.
    its so easy it got me. Just resubbed full commit 1 year.

- - - Updated - - -

For everyone saying this is a PR move, whoever said they are going to play a video game, specifically World of Warcraft, just because of how "woke" they are? What is the market for attracting "woke" gamers who don't already play your game? Can you show me your data?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    One unexpected source of joy in all of this is to see all the Gamers™ lose their minds because almost all of the gaming industry is showing soliarity with the protesters.
    yes just like how the gaming industry was against the protests in hong kong in support of china, banning players trying to show support fot the protesters, because they are so afraid to lose the chinese market. or how disney edits out black people from mainstream movies in china or how about bethesda https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm...m_medium=web2x only supporting gay rights in certain countries

people should understand these mega billion corps dont care at all about anything other than money
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-06-05 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryg121 View Post
    They are absolutely virtue signalling (and it's 100% hypocritical because of Hong Kong, though not as bad as Disney). None of what is happening right now is relevant to Floyd in the slightest, and even then Floyd's death showed an issue with training of the police. It isn't a race issue whatsoever like the morons on the streets make it out to be.

It's a good move in the way that it serves the purpose of people going "See! Blizzard cares! Yea corporation!"

I highly doubt it's an excuse, they are simply trying to virtue signal. Props on them for waiting 6 days to a week before saying anything like every other brand! Had to make sure the social tide was in favor of doing so to get them brownie points.
    Did you cancel your sub to announce your displeasure?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceruion894 View Post
    That's a big yikes from me.

Given the username it's an obvious troll, but I really hope people aren't this ignorant.
    Nope, this is reality, people are this ignorant. More people like the OP should post their views because then at least people will see that racism is well and truly alive. Most white people don't experience it so it's easy to pretend it doesn't exist.

Daily reminder that Blizzard bent over for China when Hong Kongers were being brutalized by police

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    yes just like how the gaming industry was against the protests in hong kong in support of china, banning players trying to show support fot the protesters, because they are so afraid to lose the chinese market. or how disney edits out black people from mainstream movies in china or how about bethesda https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm...m_medium=web2x only supporting gay rights in certain countries

people should understand these mega billion corps dont care at all about anything other than money
    Quantify what Blizzard gained from this. I'd love to see what you pull out of your rear end to answer this.

Yes, because Blizzard's reveal stream is definitely gonna take the spotlight away from the BLM-movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    Daily reminder that Blizzard bent over for China when Hong Kongers were being brutalized by police
    Oh no a company is a hypocrite. Kinda like the game, the players that play it, and all the humans that live in this world.

Daily reminder that Blizzard is not responsible for human rights in China or Hong Kong and has no moral obligation to financially cripple itself in order to appease the internet.

Have we already freed hong kong?

Cowardly and shameful.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    its so easy it got me. Just resubbed full commit 1 year.

- - - Updated - - -

For everyone saying this is a PR move, whoever said they are going to play a video game, specifically World of Warcraft, just because of how "woke" they are? What is the market for attracting "woke" gamers who don't already play your game? Can you show me your data?
    >he thinks this was done mainly to attract gamers

Dude, it was PR move with a few purposes:
    >To satisfy stock holders;
    >To manage good look of the brand/organisation