Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    BfA's insane loot grind killed all my interest in the expansion, rendering it the absolute worst expansion they have ever released in my opinion. Granted Legion had its fair share of this with the artifact and legendary systems, but my dps in Legion (for most classes) actually consisted on physical abilities I had pressed and not a litany of passive effects.

Seriously, take a look at your damage logs and see how insanely weak your core skills are compared to your azerite skills and corruptions. Its depressing to know how easily a less-skilled player of the same class can dramatically overtake you in damage due to having lucky drops. I ended up quitting during Legion for something similar, and BfA somehow made that situation even more of a problem.
    Checked my damage logs. 90k average for bosses last clear (yes, I know its low compared to the thousands mmoc users that think they are WF material), less than 10% was corruption and azerite combined on both toons.

They need to do away with leveling each expansion, we get borrowed powers that should be enough time investment in character progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Checked my damage logs. 90k average for bosses last clear (yes, I know its low compared to the thousands mmoc users that think they are WF material), less than 10% was corruption and azerite combined on both toons.
    At least we have it now...People trust Blizzard to make shadow lands better? I dont...honestly, I dont care about new systems, its just a chore to go through often learning it etc etc. Also I have seen mythic+ where say the tank 40% of his dmg is TD....I dont think anyone can do good DPS without corruption, but many picks stats increasing, so hard to say what %...But like feral druid with gg gear can be 80-90% crit chance...Thanks to azerite and corruption. Thats with tigers fury proc, I think unbuffed is like 45% just standing in normal form. Anyway I dont really care how good corruption is...its fun at least, something different, and now end of BFA anyone can get corruption.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Agreed, other than negative corruption effects, I could see myself continuing playing this game indefinitely.

I dislike power resets, that's why MOBA games are so unattractive to me, because you always forced play on scraps.

less than 10% was corruption and azerite combined on both toons.
    Found someone who plays a class that stacks stat corruptions not procs and then pretend without corruption the class would be the same. Probably you'd also say it would be the same without lucid dreams / vision of perfection and other "invisible on logs" power enhancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    .People trust Blizzard to make shadow lands better?
    Nope. They could've made covenants to be centered around lore, transmog, mounts, etc. and it would be fine. But nope, let's tie gameplay mechanics to it, combine the worst "borrowed power" and "choice" has to offer which is gonna end with people going to bloodmallet or class discord to find out "which covenant do I pick as (spec)?" only for it to be nerfed after because Blizzard finds out it's too op, just as they found out some corruptions or essences are too op months after they launched because hey, the arena tournament is underway. So yeah, have fun having to swap covenants and regrind reps with them when blizzard does echoing void treatment to your covenant ability.

I mean... that's the game though. It's entirely based around those concepts. The alternative would be new content that did not advance your character, and I don't think that would feel great either. Although I can agree leveling up is kind of an outdated concept. You should learn the game by playing it. And levels could be infinite and account-wide and give other benefits instead.

It sounds like you're treating WoW as a chore that will always disappoint you. Play something else, for goodness sake.

The game will be there when you get back, or if. I quit for all of WOD and don't regret it for a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

AKA rental systems.

I never felt that way before legion, I was always looking forward to a new expansion knowing I was getting cool stuff and not losing half of my abilities.

Honestly if you didn't pvp in BfA you're doing it wrong. Everything world related was absurdly stale without PvP. And with PvP the expansion was just fine. High quality art and conceptual designs. Varied and wild fantasy that wasn't a repeat, but extension of familiar elements long left unexplored. Actual raid innovation and IN THE END rewarding gear mechanics.

Dungeon glitches aside, the biggest stumbling block in BfA was with azerite armor in shuffling gear ilvl with neck power level was fucking terrible design. And all for a system which doubled down on a terrible decision to replace GLYPHS two whole expansions ago AND NOT BY replacing glyphs themselves, which were long gone. BUT INSTEAD BY replacing TIER SETS.

Anyways, now I'm actually mad again, just as anyone should be. I feel bad for the people that put in the hard work on the game that still have to suffer and share the blame for azerite armor. It really isn't fair at all, and the irony is you just had to listen to your playerbase back at Blizzcon 2016, pre-alpha. And then again in alpha. And then again in beta. And then again at launch. You know, the times where you're supposed to be adapting, tuning and relating player's expectations and addressing conceptual shortcomings.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2020-06-09 at 04:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I say is: Add player housing and I will enjoy the expansion longer. And I don't mean player housing like those shitty garrisons, I mean player housing like Wildstar had or better. And make old world content relevant. Make people go out of cities and spread more around different cities. Also remove flying or make it realistic so that you cannot just hang around in the sky. Instead make it to be way to go longer distances fast but once you reach the destination, youll have to walk/use ground mount to move around in the area.

Those things would make the game bearable for me if there were no new expansions coming in near future.

7+ Year Old Account
    lmao expansion resets and class overhauls are the best about wow..hunter is not fun anymore and i can only hope that some of the next exps fixes that (not SL obv.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to drag BFA out into the woods while it kicking and screaming, force it to dig a shallow grave and then blow its brains out.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2020-06-09 at 05:39 AM.

People do not want good expansions and systems to end and bad expansions with bad systems to last. With the corruption and Essence system the sooner they can end BFA the sooner they can start getting players back. Not wanting it to end because you hate expansion resets is kinda a flimsy argument especially when this WoW needs one really bad right now. So if your only counterargument is that then you are not taking a cold hard look at the pros and cons.

P.S.: BFA is still not good. If you think having most of your dps tied to corruption and RNG is good then i dunno what to tell you. From start to finish BFA has been a S---show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynario View Post
    I didn't want WoTLK to end.
    Man I was still excited for new expacs when wotlk ended though. Then Cata happened and I learned how to hate.

- - - Updated - - -

At least it's more refreshing than the constant hatetrain for blizzard and [insert current expansion here].

Mmoc forums, like reddit, want you to believe that you aren't allowed to enjoy anything about a current expansion and if you do, you are nothing more than a white knight or shill.

And god forbid you stand up for yourself if you do come out and say you enjoy an aspect of the game. That's just asking for personal attacks and harrassment.
    The saddest part of BfA (for me) is that I actually liked a lot of what it had to offer. Drustvar is my favorite wow zone of all time on alliance side, and war mode is, despite what the whiners on mmoc claim, an unqualified success. Hell even the raids were conceptually cool.

The issues it had were in the ankle deep combat loop which unfortunately tainted everything else the expac had to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I kinda missed when BFA became fun as you say though... can't relate.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    I kinda missed when BFA became fun as you say though... can't relate.
    early xpac warmode participation
    s2 m+
    8.2 essences/nazjatar/mechagon

that's about it here
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2020-06-09 at 07:30 AM.

So I know that often my opinions are the same with other users on mmo-c, we are afterall a bunch of nerds having played the game since classic...so yea, often we agree on same things, despite what some threads might tell otherwise

But I know 1 thing that people don't agree with me; I don't like expansion resets. I honestly haven't liked an expansion reset since probably cata.

So I wanna start with saying that BFA, just like most instances had issues - I main a feral, so you don't haft to tell me how bad feral druid was on launch, or how average guardian druid still is, but as all other expansion, the problems gets ironed out over time, and suddenly even a turd can become OK.
    So now that BFA is finally good we just do it all over again, 100% getting the same result as every other expansion...Shit is bad, then later its better.

On top of that, now that we finally have last patch of expansion we got our army of alts lvl'd up, some gear, and "the routine" of say lock out farms, gold farming be it AH or whatever you do, it all just flows...You can chip away at it now, you don't haft to endure shitty new grinds, thats just there to increase MAU.

On top of that, your main is a gut damn gut-slayer, with unfathomable power. Our gear level has never been more insane than it is now with corruption gear- And its fun...tbh. I just got my BIS corruption (I think...) sorted out now with help from the new mother stuff, and now in few months all this fun, all this time to catch up on other grinds in wow, its all gone, to repeat the same shitty build-up, that leads to the same conclusion as BFA is now.

Maybe I'm just getting tired of wow, but I honestly wouldn't mind never having to level or gear my druid up more. Now everything just flows...He'll, if I get bored of any of the number of grinds I could try and catch up to that I still need to do, I can do that...but no, BFA ends soon so I haft to hurry to focus on content that might get removed or what do I know...

Honestly I have 0 faith in Blizzard to make any expansion worthwhile compared to just never having to lvl my gut damn alts (This freaking expansion I even blew was it...2 million gold to boost them in freehold 110-120...zzz), gear up with a new broken class/system that only gets good 5-8 months before a new turd drops that needs to be polished up...

TLDR; Blizzard makes a new turd, just to make that turd polished to what we have now, and repeat. At least BFA now works, and we can have some fun and time to catch up with stuff in wow...At times I wish a new expansion would never come to wow again, just big major patches only.
    I am sorry but what is good about BFA now?

- - - Updated - - -

This expac is a dumpster fire from start to finish.I have never seen so many patches and catch up mechanics added yet it still feels terrible to play an alt.One of my favorite things and what keeps me entertained through an expac is alts.I don't know why blizzard has such a boner for killing alts.

I took advantage of the xp increase and decided to level some alts.In past expacs after i finished leveling an alt i would have fun and look forward to gearing them and playing them.Maybe not at the level of my main,but at least have fun on them.After my first 2 alts i just completely gave up trying to do anything with them.So back to my main that i can't really do anything with and slowly over the past couple months i log in less and less and less.Now i log in maybe 3 or 4 times a week.I do the boring visions i raid and do a m+15 and that is it.Soon i will probably unsub cause i just don't see the point to it.I can't have fun on alts with out going through 30 hoops to get decent on all the crap they want you to have in this expac. :***(

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said I know people don't agree with me on this I even had this talk with a friend before. But as I see it, shadowlands with just give us new problems, and new MAU increasing grinds, that will lead us down the same path as BFA eventually did...cause BFA is actually OK, not great (I have played all expansions....so I know which "lul periods were best). I mean, its gotten so bad for me in legion and BFA I even skip some grinds until flying was added to the game, cause why bother go hard on some things until that MAU grind gets switched on...etc etc, I could go on :P
    Well I agree with you. Late expansion gives you more freedom to do the stuff you want (vs the stuff you need). Besides, you can be more efficient:you know the zones, the quests and you can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Well I agree with you. Late expansion gives you more freedom to do the stuff you want (vs the stuff you need). Besides, you can be more efficient:you know the zones, the quests and you can fly.
    Exactly, now BFA is at least not a dumpster fire, and lets not kid ourselfs...Shadowlands will start our rough and coarse until they eventually fix that as well, just as any other expansion before it...Legion legendaries were so bad on launch among other things, but then that expansions also got fixed...Only to give us BFA launch.

@Bigcountry11782 Read my other replies or the full OP. Never said BFA is good, but its now better and bearable, and thats better than having to tread through another 2-3 patches of fixes to new problems a new expansion always gives us :P I have rarely ever heard anyone like the launch more than the last patch of an expansion...just saying.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

So I know that often my opinions are the same with other users on mmo-c, we are afterall a bunch of nerds having played the game since classic...so yea, often we agree on same things, despite what some threads might tell otherwise

But I know 1 thing that people don't agree with me; I don't like expansion resets. I honestly haven't liked an expansion reset since probably cata.

So I wanna start with saying that BFA, just like most instances had issues - I main a feral, so you don't haft to tell me how bad feral druid was on launch, or how average guardian druid still is, but as all other expansion, the problems gets ironed out over time, and suddenly even a turd can become OK.
    So now that BFA is finally good we just do it all over again, 100% getting the same result as every other expansion...Shit is bad, then later its better.

On top of that, now that we finally have last patch of expansion we got our army of alts lvl'd up, some gear, and "the routine" of say lock out farms, gold farming be it AH or whatever you do, it all just flows...You can chip away at it now, you don't haft to endure shitty new grinds, thats just there to increase MAU.

On top of that, your main is a gut damn gut-slayer, with unfathomable power. Our gear level has never been more insane than it is now with corruption gear- And its fun...tbh. I just got my BIS corruption (I think...) sorted out now with help from the new mother stuff, and now in few months all this fun, all this time to catch up on other grinds in wow, its all gone, to repeat the same shitty build-up, that leads to the same conclusion as BFA is now.

Maybe I'm just getting tired of wow, but I honestly wouldn't mind never having to level or gear my druid up more. Now everything just flows...He'll, if I get bored of any of the number of grinds I could try and catch up to that I still need to do, I can do that...but no, BFA ends soon so I haft to hurry to focus on content that might get removed or what do I know...

Honestly I have 0 faith in Blizzard to make any expansion worthwhile compared to just never having to lvl my gut damn alts (This freaking expansion I even blew was it...2 million gold to boost them in freehold 110-120...zzz), gear up with a new broken class/system that only gets good 5-8 months before a new turd drops that needs to be polished up...

TLDR; Blizzard makes a new turd, just to make that turd polished to what we have now, and repeat. At least BFA now works, and we can have some fun and time to catch up with stuff in wow...At times I wish a new expansion would never come to wow again, just big major patches only.
    i can sympathise with that

for last couple of expansions i kinda with that they had already in place automatic legacy system - aka whenever expansion ends you can just copy your toons to legacy server and continue playing that expansion there

i get it its imposible because thi woudl deatract people from new expansion but imo it would be perfect model of how legacy should work