https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/polit...ogy/index.html

So apparently Chairman of the Join Chiefs of Staff, General Milley, didn't give the White House a heads up about his apology.

Military folks - is that a significant issue? It...seems like it is, especially given that he made an apology at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

So apparently Chairman of the Join Chiefs of Staff, General Milley, didn't give the White House a heads up about his apology.

Military folks - is that a significant issue? It...seems like it is, especially given that he made an apology at all.
    It does kinda seem that the greater GOP machine is starting to come apart at the seems, christ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    He wasn't given a heads-up on the activity either, so I think that's fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, if people are smart they will sail off into the pacific... when Hurricane season started in April... good luck...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_P...rricane_season
    Stop discouraging him! It sounds like a positively brilliant idea to me!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it is pretty much new territory for this exact situation. A General is apologizing for something the President specifically asked him to do, and I can't think of any examples of that ever happening before, so it isn't really clear what protocol would be. A General apologizing for unrelated dumbassery wouldn't need to go to the White House first.

Obviously the correct answer would be for the White House to apologize for having put Milley in that position, but this administration has the same policy on apologizing as Gandalf has for passing in school zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP might have some evil policies, but damn if they don't have a knack for branding things. Alright everyone the Washington Monument is now called "The Obelisk of Wokeness".
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It is very bothersome that when a claim like this is made, that your instinct, and of the other poster is the immediately minimise it and claim it can't be true. It is almost like an immediate defensive manoeuvre.
    Well I operate on the rather basic belief that when you find yourself defending a slaveholder, it is probably time to just back down and yield the point. I do not agree with your interpretation of history, but I certainly have no disagreement with the assessment that slavery is bad, and everything associated with it is permanently tainted by association. Therefore I will yield the point, because the internet is not a conducive format for nuance in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The GOP might have some evil policies, but damn if they don't have a knack for branding things. Alright everyone the Washington Monument is now called "The Obelisk of Wokeness".
    I...am fully behind making this an official, unofficial name for it. I can't believe I'm agreeing with Tom Cotton on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Obelisk of Wokeness
    Slyfer the Social Justice Dragon
    The ACAB Dragon of Ra

And Holactie the creator of Equality?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Stop discouraging him! It sounds like a positively brilliant idea to me!
    Smart idea... let’s stick to the established vernacular...

Don’t forget... the war ships from China to help Trump, will be coming across the Pacific... they better carry enough confederate flags to identify the side their boats are on...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    petition to rename Jefferson Memorial to The Jeffersons Memorial

10+ Year Old Account
    I...am fully behind making this an official, unofficial name for it. I can't believe I'm agreeing with Tom Cotton on something.
    It's like with Obamacare it's like....fuck why didn't we think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Well I operate on the rather basic belief that when you find yourself defending a slaveholder, it is probably time to just back down and yield the point. I do not agree with your interpretation of history, but I certainly have no disagreement with the assessment that slavery is bad, and everything associated with it is permanently tainted by association. Therefore I will yield the point, because the internet is not a conducive format for nuance in the first place.
    Okay so the Smithsonian was wrong when they said this was common and the historians who studied the medical journals. And the museums and the researchers all mean nothing.

It isn’t an interpretation it is known fact.

Trump rally sign-up includes disclaimer about potential COVID-19 exposure

Those wishing to attend President Trump's rally next week in Oklahoma must agree not to sue the Trump campaign or host venue in the event they contract the coronavirus.

The Trump campaign on Thursday formally announced that the president's first rally in three months will take place June 19 in Tulsa. The page for guests to sign up for free tickets to the event includes a disclaimer related to the virus.

"By clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present," the statement reads.

"By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury."

I am laughing so hard my stomach hurts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    lol, so is covid-19 a hoax or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Man, if COVID-19 is over and not a big deal like the MAGAts insist, why does Trump need a legal waiver to protect from being sued for reckless endangerment, etc?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, if there are outbreaks tied to his silly rallies the press is going to go crazy.
    There will be. Considering that his rallies atract 100s to 1000s of people, that said people do not respect the basic social distancing measures (because of some warped principles) that the rallies are done in enclosed spaces, and that they are, at the very least, 30 minutes to 1 hour long, if we put 1 person who's infected, shit will hit the fan fast.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-06-12 at 06:12 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I'm shopping for sailboats and thinking about just sailing the Pacific for a looooong loooong time while the extremists go nuts. If you are smart, you also might want to consider it.
    I'm still waiting for that civil war to happen, when was that happening again?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Man, if COVID-19 is over and not a big deal like the MAGAts insist, why does Trump need a legal waiver to protect from being sued for reckless endangerment, etc?
    If his popularity trajectory continues for another week, those at his rallies might be social distancing, without trying.

Here is a prediction... his rally will be cancelled, because the venue will be overwhelmed with protestors or Trump will pull another stunt attacking protesters to clear his way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Just enjoy that China and Russia are no longer interested in helping Trump win the US civil war, by dominating the majority of Americans. Trump 2020?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Incidentally:
    1) A group of heavily-armed Very Fine People took their guns and stormed the Michigan capital building...then left. And nothing changed.
    2) According to Trump, a group of unarmed "anarchists" just took over Seattle and now own the city.

If there is a civil war...Trump admitted he's losing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    According to Trump, a group of unarmed "anarchists" just took over Seattle and now own the city.
    If he thought CHAZ was a Seattle take over... wait a few hours... I think by noon pst, Seattle will start to dominate the headlines.