Poll: Should Blizzard make Battle for Azeroth servers?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Really well done post. You sir have the gift for trolling. But words like "very small vocal community" gives it away.

I don't get why BFA is so hated at this point. Yeah, it was terrible at launch, in my opinion much worse than WOD was, because WOD at least had classes that functioned well out of the box, without applying borrowed power systems on them. There wasn't much to do aside from raiding or PvP, but what was there was fun to do.

But unlike WOD, BFA was not abandoned post-launch. In WOD they said meh screw it, this expansion is unsalvageable, let's make Legion. They could not afford this in BFA and they tried really hard to fix it. Eventually sort of did. Patch 8.3 launched it a bad state but they eventually listened, we received account wide essences and less RNG on gearing (targeted corruptions)

I'd say this expansion is somewhat better than WOD but a bit worse than Cataclysm. Cata was a good expansion, was hated back then but turned out to be fun. DS was kind of a dud but rest of the raid content was solid. Transmog got introduced which revitalized old content farming - in 4.3 there were more ICC, Sunwell and Ulduar pugs than current tier pugs. PVP was very well balanced, Cataclysmic season is remembered as one of the best if not the best. Solid expansion in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by GucciWarr View Post
    Have you ever actually played a character with good corruptions and essences? Judging by your posts it doesn’t seem like you’ve ever given it even a chance just BFABAD BLIZZDUMB
    You do realize that corruptions, essences and azerites are mostly passives right? They dont make your character more fun to play..... ???-

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    While this expansion has been hated by the very small vocal minority
    LOL made my day

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Yes good proof. Now I can't deny it that every expansion was hated and that you don't have any metric at all to say "but that one expansion was hated even more than the other one!!!!!! - haa!!!!" xD

Seriously, this is how you argue?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Expansion-Poll

I'm done arguing with you man, here is proof. There isn't much point in arguing with someone who is completely delusional lol

Your whole idea of "all expansions are hated equally" completely falls through when on a poll Warlords of Draenor gets completely fucked four years after its release.
    Last edited by Ticj; 2020-06-13 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Expansion-Poll

I'm done arguing with you man, here is proof. There isn't much point in arguing with someone who is completely delusional lol

Your whole idea of "all expansions are hated equally" completely falls through when on a poll Warlords of Draenor gets completely fucked four years after its release.
    I have never said that all expansions are hated equally, you understood nothing. I said that while the expansions were live they all were hated. And you jumped in and said WOD WAS HATED MORE THAN MOP WAS. And I told you no, you do not have any proof at all for this. Then you come up with a poll about your fav expansion 6 years after MoP was live and 3 years after WoD was live. You tried I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've enjoyed BFA quite a lot.
    Hi

I have never said that all expansions are hated equally, you understood nothing. I said that while the expansions were live they all were hated. And you jumped in and said WOD WAS HATED MORE THAN MOP WAS. And I told you no, you do not have any proof at all for this. Then you come up with a poll about your fav expansion 6 years after MoP was live and 3 years after WoD was live. You tried I guess?
    Everyone said the same about every single expansion. Check the forum, the threads are still up. People never stop complaining. Next year Bfa will be the great expansion before shadowlands is the worst expansion ever. Always the same trash.
    My point is BFA will never be considered to be a good expansion, as for the past two years it has been compared to WoD in how fucking awful it is. I don't understand how hard of a point this is to grasp. And yes, you make it seem like they were all hated equally although they weren't. You're literally backtracking on the original point you made lol

Imagine letting this bait thread get past page 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    My point is BFA will never be considered to be a good expansion, as for the past two years it has been compared to WoD in how fucking awful it is. I don't understand how hard of a point this is to grasp. And yes, you make it seem like they were all hated equally although they weren't. You're literally backtracking on the original point you made lol
    Yes, Bfa is hated, cause it's live. Just like MoP/Legion or any other expansion was hated. My point still stand. You still can not prove that while WoD was live it was hated more than MoP was hated when it was live, therefore to say that an expansion is bad based on the feedback it gets when it was live is stupid. But you keep on trying without any proof at all. Even trying to pull out the strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Legion was the pruning expansion. Not cataclysm. WoD and MoP had the best class design
    Gonna hard disagree with this, MoP was okay, WoD was god aweful, paladins were in their worst place in years and WoD was more or less the "screw melee dps" expansion since hunters/mages dominated the scene until the very end when DK's finally came into the play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I vehemently disagree on that part.

First off, Wotlk absolutely demolished heroics.
    Rather than being their own "difficult" content, they became faceroll content, rather than complement raiding like in TBC, they were just a stepping stone towards raiding.

Second, the difficulty flipflop.
    3.0 faceroll content
    3.1 best raid content ever
    3.2 worst raid & super easy content which invalidated the best raid ever

Furthermore, it started the "bring the player, not the class" philosophy, which absolutely ruined certain classes (such as Shaman, as they defined themselves with their unique support tools).

Also, streamlining of the overall gameplay.
    Threat? Became a nonissue with Wotlk.
    AoE? Now everyone can do it, every tank can also AoE tank without issue.

Which paved the way for something that will down the line become an issue: Homogenization.

Lastly, it started the downfall of professions.
    While Professions are still relevant in Classic and will especially be in TBC, Wotlk started to downgrade their importance rather heavily.

You can like Wotlk, but nothing you listed has anything to do with Classic (or a "Classic experience") besides maybe the talent trees.
    Wotlk was the point where Blizzard started to break away from the linear progression towards a "play the patch" atittitude and said linear progression is a cornerstone of Vanilla / TBC.
    TBC Literally gave people catch up gear by 2.4 to bypass Kharazan and several other raids entirely, we must be playing a different experience.

As for WOTLK, yes it did homogenize several features, but they were features complained about for YEARS by the players and generally recieved with a pretty heavy praise at the time by all but the vocal whining minority of elitist idiots who complained that "Muh sunwell" wasnt around anymore.

They had Ulduar, they didnt NEED anything else, besides, TOTC was definatley a mess I wont deny it, but ICC was perfectly fine, a well rounded experience for all caters of difficulty.

TBC also introduced one of the worst things to happen to world pvp, arena's which literally destroyed the world pvp factor of wow, took away the value of bg's and larger pvp battles, which wrath rectified by adding wintergrasp and soft valor back to regular pvp.

As for the idea of demolishing heroics, dungeon heroics became a faceroll once you knew what to do, the ones in WOTLK were certainly not that hard because threat was significantly made easier for tanks to control, ill agree on that. But to be honest people complained for a long time that tank threat was an issue back from TBC onwards BECAUSE threat was tedious to control and tanks wanted a change.

Like it or not, these were issues back then changed to better tha game, and they did, they put it to a point where the expansion defined its best qualities by giving, something, for everyone.

Instead of something, for you.

If you disliked that modus then its fine, but TBC is your expansion, Wrath was mine, Of the three vanillia experiences? Wrath will always be the one I enjoyed the most.
    Last edited by CaptainV; 2020-06-13 at 06:26 PM.

Yes, Bfa is hated, cause it's live. Just like MoP/Legion or any other expansion was hated. My point still stand. You still can not prove that while WoD was live it was hated more than MoP was hated when it was live, therefore to say that an expansion is bad based on the feedback it gets when it was live is stupid. But you keep on trying without any proof at all. Even trying to pull out the strawman.
    It's not hated "just because it's live". I'm telling you that the levels of hate that this expansion has received is comparable to Warlords of Draenor. There have been serious flaws with each of it's additions. This expansions will not be looked upon fondly 4 years from now, I promise you that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Good trolling post but not great, 6/10.

BfA might be the only expansion no one will ever ask for in the Classic / legacy servers.
    You're not very good at math or logic in general I take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone said the same about every single expansion. Check the forum, the threads are still up. People never stop complaining. Next year Bfa will be the great expansion before shadowlands is the worst expansion ever. Always the same trash.
    I think BFA might take the title of "worst WoW expansion ever" away from WoD, which is saying something since WoD took that title away from Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

You're skilled, you should run for Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    TBC Literally gave people catch up gear by 2.4 to bypass Kharazan and several other raids entirely, we must be playing a different experience.
    You still did Karazhan for those that needed the gear / badges, new players / alts just didn't hop into BT, or not?
    Were you still doing Naxx when 3.3 came out? Nope, you didn't even bother with Ulduar.

Throughout TBC, every single Raid was relevant, because all of them still provided gear for anyone that wasn't playing at the cutting edge.
    TBC also introduced one of the worst things to happen to world pvp, arena's which literally destroyed the world pvp factor of wow, took away the value of bg's and larger pvp battles, which wrath rectified by adding wintergrasp and soft valor back to regular pvp.
    Wotlk pretty much continued with Arena being the focal point of Arena, if you're critizing TBC for that, you need to put Wotlk into the same boat.
    And if you ignored Arena as far as gearing is concerned, your (PvP) gear was pretty bad in Wotlk.

And Wintergrasp was a total shitshow on any server where factions were not balanced, Tenacity says hi.
    But to be honest people complained for a long time that tank threat was an issue back from TBC onwards BECAUSE threat was tedious to control and tanks wanted a change.
    There is a difference between "making it less impactful" and essentially neutering the entire mechanic.

Like it or not, threat was one of those mechanics that made the more of team game, rather than a game where everyone operates within their own box.
    If you have a person that fails to play properly, the rest suffers, rather than the game compensating for the shortcomings of one person.

Tools such as Soulshatter or Misdrection really took a huge hit with Wotlk, because threat just wasn't a big deal anymore.
    If you disliked that modus then its fine, but TBC is your expansion, Wrath was mine, Of the three vanillia experiences? Wrath will always be the one I enjoyed the most.
    I disagree with calling Wotlk a "vanilla experience" because Wotlk was the turning point for the game where it definitely turned away from the Vanilla approach in many aspects.
    Wotlk is leagues away from Classic / Vanilla in terms of design, TBC didn't change the game's structure as much.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-06-13 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I'll take "Thread I never expected to see" for 500, Jerry
    The OP is the same one who asked if anyone else loved the Corruption system, got a resounding majority "No" to his poll, and continued to act as if the majority agreed with him despite his own poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    So once Shadowlands comes around, Battle for Azeroth is going to be done and dusted. This sucks, like really bad. While this expansion has been hated by the very small vocal minority, a lot of people actually love BfA's formula and content. There's been so much awesome stuff so far in BfA and it's gonna suck to have it all disappear.

Blizzard release BfA servers upon Shadowlands launch. I know I'd rather go back to playing 8.0 than ever touch 9.0, considering how shit Shadowlands looks so far. So, do you agree that Blizzard should release BfA servers? Tell me why you think so down below, I love having these community discussions.
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Gonna hard disagree with this, MoP was okay, WoD was god aweful, paladins were in their worst place in years and WoD was more or less the "screw melee dps" expansion since hunters/mages dominated the scene until the very end when DK's finally came into the play.
    Class balance and encounter design isnt the same as class design.

Class design is about rotations and complexity in the specs. Vanilla/tbc might have been simpler/more boring then what we have now, but wrath literally rivaled it. Since then it got better and it peaked in MoP with some complex and fun specs to play.

3-4 button rotations with extremely simple encounters like Nyalotha has is not good class design

They should only make legacy servers up til WotLK. I could possibly see enough interest for MoP and Legion as they are considered the better modern expansions, but I very much doubt that WoD and BFA will do even nearly as well. Especially considering that Legion is just a better BFA while they are mostly made the same. I bet people would only play WoD if they get to farm the garrisons for some easy gold, so they'd only log in just to do the mission table.